PDA

View Full Version : Krystal burgers to invade San Antonio.

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Krystal burgers to invade S.A.

Tricia Lynn Silva

When Ron Christesson and David Evans founded RestMark Management LLC here last year, the goal was to create a firm through which they could develop some up-and-coming restaurant concepts in San Antonio.

Now the duo is armed with their first agreements that will allow them to do just that.

RestMark recently signed a franchise development agreement with Chattanooga, Tenn.-based The Krystal Co. to bring the Krystal Restaurant chain to a three-county area that includes the city of San Antonio. Krystal is a fast-casual eating concept; its signature product is a hamburger that measures about 2.5 inches and is often purchased in multiples -- like the Steamer Pac, which carries 24 burgers.

Hip to be square

RestMark's agreement with Krystal calls for the firm to develop at least 10 restaurants over the next five years in the counties of Bexar, Comal and Guadalupe. Christesson, however, expects that RestMark could have five sites open and serving the signature tiny square burgers within the next 30 months.

Over the next eight to 10 years, Evans predicts that RestMark could have as many as 20 Krystal restaurants spread out over its three-county development area -- with San Antonio serving as the flagship city.

"San Antonio should be a tremendous market (for Krystal), given the population mix of the city and Krystal's focus on the value-conscious consumer," says Evans, who previously served as vice president of development for Elephant & Castle -- a Vancouver-based pub.

The duo are looking at Northwest San Antonio to kick-start the Krystal concept -- specifically along the Loop 410/Ingram Road corridor.

That area has the kind of demographics that a company like Krystal looks for, says Evans. Historically, the firm has targeted younger households, especially those families making about $60,000 a year or less.

Evans also expects that Krystal's 24-hour service will make it popular with the late-night crowd, including students and employees of area medical and manufacturing firms. The company also enjoys a strong breakfast crowd and could become a hot spot for those on the way to work, he adds.

To date, the Krystal drive-through accounts for more than 60 percent of the company's sales -- so ingress and egress from the sites will be key, Christesson adds.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2005/04/04/story1.html

Guru of Nothing
04-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Krystal's = Gut Grenades.

Hook Dem
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Thats what we call gettin' out-Krystalburgered! :lmao

davi78239
04-04-2005, 11:29 AM
anyone ever eaten there before that used to live up north? Went to the website and it looks like they are a rebutle to White Castle burgers. Which is better?

Solid D
04-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Krystal's = Gut Grenades.

Thats what we call gettin' out-Krystalburgered! :lmao

:lol guffaw

jalbre6
04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
anyone ever eaten there before that used to live up north? Went to the website and it looks like they are a rebutle to White Castle burgers. Which is better?

Krystal burgers are a little better, in my opinion. But for all the cheap late night fast food options in San Antonio, I'd pass on both them and WC.

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Krystal burgers are a little better, in my opinion. But for all the cheap late night fast food options in San Antonio, I'd pass on both them and WC.

Not if your a stoner.

:lol

davi78239
04-04-2005, 06:21 PM
LOL! I'm thinking this is the perfect restaurant for the munchies!

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 06:35 PM
LOL! I'm thinking this is the perfect restaurant for the munchies!

Yes it is.

http://www.krystal.com/images/banner_ad32.gif

MannyIsGod
04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
hmmm, I'll pass.

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 07:45 PM
hmmm, I'll pass.

Now we can all go on with our lives.

MannyIsGod
04-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Because I said you had to hold off on your life?

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Because I said you had to hold off on your life?

Well we couldn't continue without first knowing whether or not you'd eat at a Krystals.

T Park
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Of course he wouldn't

Cause they didn't have organic veggie burgers.

Bring it on, almost as good as White Castle, but not AS good.

Hell yeah!!!

MannyIsGod
04-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Of course he wouldn't

Cause they didn't have organic veggie burgers.

Bring it on, almost as good as White Castle, but not AS good.

Hell yeah!!!

Trying hard not to say anything.

Put...down...key...board...

walk...away....

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Fast food rocks.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Krystal is ok, not as good as White Castle, but OK.

20 in ten years??

I didnt think you could put 20 on 1604 and 281 and I10, cause thats where everything ELSE goes for christ sake.

davi78239
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Krystal is ok, not as good as White Castle, but OK.

20 in ten years??

I didnt think you could put 20 on 1604 and 281 and I10, cause thats where everything ELSE goes for christ sake.

No shit!! I wish they can build more stuff in the Walzem area again! We got plenty of vacant buildings for something like a Krystal's to move in.

Clandestino
04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
oh, i have had these burgers... they sucks major balls.. the "meat" is worse than any i've ever had at a fast food joint... the "onions" are terrible and more like onion mush...

davi78239
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm sure they'll be a big hit in San Antonio though. Pretty soon, I'm sure we'll see White Castles invade the market after Krystal's success here.

Clandestino
04-05-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm sure they'll be a big hit in San Antonio though. Pretty soon, I'm sure we'll see White Castles invade the market after Krystal's success here.

only in the beginning bc it will be new... after that they will go out business..

davi78239
04-05-2005, 11:50 AM
only in the beginning bc it will be new... after that they will go out business..

I don't know about that. I gotta feeling these will be a hit.

IceColdBrewski
04-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I lived about 3 minutes away from one in Killeen. The burgers are nothing special. But their Breakfast Scramblers are the shit! Like heaven in a bowl when you're really starving for some breakfast.