PDA

View Full Version : M.Stein with some Bruce news

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Bruce Bowen could eventually hit the free-agent market, but not before August. Milwaukee has to waive Bowen -- with a payout of $2 million -- by Aug. 1 or else his $4 million salary for next season becomes fully guaranteed.

So the Bucks will explore their trade options with Bowen first -- and won't have a lack of opportunities, from what I gather -- and then release him if they don't find a palatable deal in the next month. The Magic and Cavs would be among the natural contending suitors if Bowen becomes an unrestricted free agent, with Orlando possibly possessing an advantage in the presence of coach Stan Van Gundy, who knows Bowen well from their time together with the Miami Heat before the 38-year-old swingman went to San Antonio in 2001.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=Chatter-090701

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 09:43 AM
;)

SenorSpur
07-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I wish The Rash was coming back to the Spurs.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Until proven otherwise, I'm going to believe Bowen ends up back here.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
:lol at Bruce going to Orlando to share a locker room with Vince-gina Carter.

MoSpur
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
The Bucks would be smart to try to trade his expiring contract to try to get someone they really want in return, but I thought they were trying to clear cap space.

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
:lol at Bruce going to Orlando to share a locker room with Vince-gina Carter.

Bowen coat tailing VC; Whott would have a PR nightmare on his hands.

hater
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM
hope he does not go to a West contender. Seeing Bowen guard Manu/RJ/Parker in the playoffs would be scary.

He will make Pop regret it

buttsR4rebounding
07-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Someone would have to guard Vince Carter in practice...:downspin:

tp2021
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
hope he does not go to a West contender. Seeing Bowen guard Manu/RJ/Parker in the playoffs would be scary.

He will make Pop regret it+1

Yeah he is not going anywhere else. I am willing to bet unless he is part of a package that the Spurs are easily his first option no matter how much he is offered else where.

I hope so

SenorSpur
07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
With Finley firmly back on board, I just can't see Bowen back with the Spurs.

Dex
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Bowen and cash for Finley. Do it, Bucks.

(I realize this trade makes no real fiscal sense for the Bucks, but let a guy dream)

in2deep
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
I'd be funny if he goes to Dallas or Phoenix. I wanna hear what those fans have to say once he puts on their jersey

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I find it odd there has been no news on an Oberto buyout. Didn't he have to be bought out already or do they have until the end of today?

I know they lack big men, but I am still surprised....

G-Nob
07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Bowen and cash for Finley. Do it, Bucks.

(I realize this trade makes no real fiscal sense for the Bucks, but let a guy dream)

Finley & cash for Bowen makes sense and it would cost the Bucks the same. The Bucks would sort of have to do the spurs a favor.

bigdog
07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Finley & cash for Bowen makes sense and it would cost the Bucks the same. The Bucks would sort of have to do the spurs a favor.

The Bucks already did the Spurs a favor. They GAVE us Richard Jefferson :lol

50 cent
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I love Bruce as much as anybody. He and Horry are my 2 favorite role players of all time, but he is done.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
mayeb we should plant him on the lakers, so when we face the lakers, we tell him to throw games

in2deep
07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
I love Bruce as much as anybody. He and Horry are my 2 favorite role players of all time, but he is done.

Not according to Stein, there's a lot of interest in him.

If he does not go back to Spurs another contender will get him. Just hope it's not the Lakers.

Danny.Zhu
07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe Orlando thinks they can sign Bruce and then no one can stop Vince.

SA210
07-01-2009, 11:04 AM
We should have never let Bruce go. Imagine the Lakers get him. Phil would love to put him on Manu. Then where do we sit?

:pop::pctoss

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 11:07 AM
We should have never let Bruce go. Imagine the Lakers get him. Phil would love to put him on Manu. Then where do we sit?

:pop::pctoss

We got Richard Jefferson for him. We absolutely, positively, 100% had to let Bruce go.

benefactor
07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Bold prediction:

We send Finley and Bonner to OKC for Collison, then re-sign Bowen after he is released for the minimum.

ffadicted
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
With Finley firmly back on board, I just can't see Bowen back with the Spurs.

*rage*

Chomag
07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Bold prediction:

We send Finley and Bonner to OKC for Collison, then re-sign Bowen after he is released for the minimum.

Man, if only.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Bold prediction:

I'd take it. Swap out OKC and Collison for Indiana and Foster and I'm just as happy.

bus driver
07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
i wish the rash was coming back to the spurs.

+1

spurspokesman
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM

He will make Pop regret it

:depressed Not something I would enjoy. You will see the old bruce out of sheer anger. Book it. I agree totally. He will forget he is 38 yrs old.

spurspokesman
07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd take it. Swap out OKC and Collison for Indiana and Foster and I'm just as happy.

That is feasible:king

Da Spurs
07-01-2009, 12:19 PM
The reason they wanted Bowen was to cut him and only pay half of his salary. A trade now makes no sense at all. I think all of these writers are idiots.

rayray2k8
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
guess we'll have to wait till August to find out. Thanks.

Mel_13
07-01-2009, 01:06 PM
The reason they wanted Bowen was to cut him and only pay half of his salary. A trade now makes no sense at all. I think all of these writers are idiots.

They've already traded Oberto for a young player on a fully guaranteed contract. Now that they have chosen to not pursue signing CV, they may do the same with Bowen.

tomtom
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Bold prediction:

In a perfect world my friend, in a perfect world...

Whisky Dog
07-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't know what his market value is, but if somebody is offering more than the Spurs he's not coming back. He left money on the table to help the franchise get 3 rings and now he deserves to make as much as possible for the next year or two.

FvckMavs
07-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't know what his market value is, but if somebody is offering more than the Spurs he's not coming back. He left money on the table to help the franchise get 3 rings and now he deserves to make as much as possible for the next year or two.

I worry that Spurs will not even give him an offer.

whottt
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Bowen coat tailing VC; Whott would have a PR nightmare on his hands.

Bruce wasn't the one calling players dirty and whining...he's free to go anywhere he likes. If Bruce had called VC and the Magic dirty, then went to play with them, it would be the same, if they were the defending champions, but he didn't and they aren't so it isn't and I'm not quite sure what convoluted logic would lead you to conclude it is the same action...I'll just chalk the logic flaws to be the same thinking processes that make you a Finley Fan and lead you to conclude he is a positive on our roster in the first place.

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Bruce wasn't the one calling players dirty and whining...he's free to go anywhere he likes. If Bruce had called VC and the Magic dirty, then went to play with them, it would be the same, if they were the defending champions, but he didn't and they aren't so it isn't and I'm not quite sure what convoluted logic would lead you to conclude it is the same action...I'll just chalk the logic flaws to be the same thinking processes that make you a Finley Fan and lead you to conclude he is a positive on our roster in the first place.

Link?

Bowen going to a team that just got to the finals, that traded for a player that whines and calls him dirty is a bitch move. But I guess I will just chalk your logic flaws to be the same thinking processes that make you a Barry fan when he took less money to go sit on the bench with a divisional rival just to stick it to his old team when they could have used him.

Stupid Rocket fan you are. Move to Houston if you don't like the Spurs or you support Barry or Bruce coat tailing the whiny bitch VC trying to get another ring. No self respecting player would ever consider playing for a team that has a guy like that on it.

timvp
07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
From Bowen's interviews lately, it sounds like he's either going to sign with the Spurs or retire.

baseline bum
07-01-2009, 04:21 PM
From Bowen's interviews lately, it sounds like he's either going to sign with the Spurs or retire.

I hope it's the former, especially since the NBA will be paying most of his salary.