PDA

View Full Version : Could LA Times be trying to influence Odom's value ?

superfedja
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I have seen the article on Hoopshype.com which says the spurs are interested in signing Odom... it's from LA times and I'm wondering, because their ''facts'' seem so illogical (spurs signing odom for 10 million lol), if they are somehow trying to boost Odom's value so other teams will need to pay more to get him or they won't pay him that much money and he can end up with the Lakers again.

Spursfan092120
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I have seen the article on Hoopshype.com which says the spurs are interested in signing Odom... it's from LA times and I'm wondering, because their ''facts'' seem so illogical (spurs signing odom for 10 million lol), if they are somehow trying to boost Odom's value so other teams will need to pay more to get him or they won't pay him that much money and he can end up with the Lakers again.
Sounds possible...LA Times commonly has stupid BS articles though..so who knows.

smrattler
07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
I think it's just the agent trying to raise his value, probably told some idiot at LA Times.

You say "Spurs" and he must think he'll get more money.

If Holt wants to recover some of this luxury tax money, he can rent himself to these agents trying to get more money. Go have dinner with them and their player. Holt could get some of the agent's cut.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 10:56 AM
The more likely scenario is this is all just Odom's agent speaking and some doofus at the times just ran with it. Agent could say "Lamar is looking for $10 mil" and "Spurs and Suns are interested in Lamar" and then the times combined the two.

rjv
07-01-2009, 11:04 AM
exactly. nothing intentional on the times part. just your typical lackluster journalism at work here.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2009, 11:09 AM
every fkn free agent, every article lists the spurs are interested, drivin the prices up....

this happens every damn summer

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Odom to Celtics?

Lamar Odom went to school at Rhode Island, which is in New England just like Boston. Would he be contemplating a return to those roots? Boston would have to forego its pursuit of Rasheed Wallace and sign Odom to the MLE. Could Boston lump together its MLE's for the next two years to sign Odom? NBA rules prohibit doing anything like that, but the Celtics have a lot of pull in the NBA front office, so perhaps an excpetion could be made. Where would Odom play? Perhaps the Celtics could move KG to center and trade Kendrick Perkins for Chris Bosh in a year?

Russ
07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
The Spurs might be able to raise Odom's price for the Lakers, that would be worthwhile.

But the Lakers seem so logical for Odom and SA so illogical. It's hard to believe these rumors are anything other than posturing by Odom before the inevitable happens.

50 cent
07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Also, this is the way of the LA Times to put pressure on Buss to resign him (or so they think). Simply mention the Spurs interest and L.A. is going to do everything they can to prevent that from happening.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Odom to Celtics?

Lamar Odom went to school at Rhode Island, which is in New England just like Boston. Would he be contemplating a return to those roots? Boston would have to forego its pursuit of Rasheed Wallace and sign Odom to the MLE. Could Boston lump together its MLE's for the next two years to sign Odom? NBA rules prohibit doing anything like that, but the Celtics have a lot of pull in the NBA front office, so perhaps an excpetion could be made. Where would Odom play? Perhaps the Celtics could move KG to center and trade Kendrick Perkins for Chris Bosh in a year?

:rollin

Uh, no. The NBA is not going to allow the Celtics to circumvent the collective bargaining agreement just so that they can get Lamar Odom.

The Spurs might be able to raise Odom's price for the Lakers, that would be worthwhile.

But the Lakers seem so logical for Odom and SA so illogical. It's hard to believe these rumors are anything other than posturing by Odom before the inevitable happens.

The Spurs can't raise the price for Odom because they can only offer him the MLE. Even if the Spurs wanted to pay Lamar $10 mil they can't. The lakers don't have to bid against money that can't be offered.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Uh, no. The NBA is not going to allow the Celtics to circumvent the collective bargaining agreement just so that they can get Lamar Odom.

The Spurs can't raise the price for Odom because they can only offer him the MLE. Even if the Spurs wanted to pay Lamar $10 mil they can't. The lakers don't have to bid against money that can't be offered.

I can see sarcasm is never lost on you :toast

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Ah, but Danny Ainge is smart. I'm sure he can figure it out. Maybe he can engineer an eleven-way trade?

coyotes_geek
07-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I can see sarcasm is never lost on you :toast

It gets tough this time of year given the number of unrealistic ideas that pop up during free agency. So if sarcasm was intended, touche' to ES. I was duped.

DMX7
07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't want Odom.