PDA

View Full Version : Absurd scenario.

dochay
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
:) Trade Finley, Mason, Hill and Bonner to Clippers for Kaman. Sign Von Wafer and Sheed. Try and keep Gooden and call it a day.
The Clippers might go for it, they have a strong need to upgrade their SG and point guard depth, and they have shown an interest in Hill before. They are getting pretty full at power forward and center and are looking to attract some high profile guys next year like everybody else. Deandre Jordan they are pretty high on so he stays, Griffin is their saviour, Jordon's contract is not going to be picked up by anyone. Kaman is the only one who could be moved.
This trade actually would make the Clippers better in my opinion. Finley and Mason should help with the professionalism of the team, Bonner could take help when teams double Griffin/ Randolph. Jordan fills the void defensively. Hill and Mason give them quality depth. All four players contracts expire next year so they could really be active to build around Davis/Jordon/Gordon/ Randolph.

Shastafarian
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
:) Trade Finley, Mason, Hill and Bonner to Clippers for Kaman. Sign Von Wafer and Sheed. Try and keep Gooden and call it a day.
The Clippers might go for it, they have a strong need to upgrade their SG and point guard depth, and they have shown an interest in Hill before. They are getting pretty full at power forward and center and are looking to attract some high profile guys next year like everybody else. Deandre Jordan they are pretty high on so he stays, Griffin is their saviour, Jordon's contract is not going to be picked up by anyone. Kaman is the only one who could be moved.
This trade actually would make the Clippers better in my opinion. Finley and Mason should help with the professionalism of the team, Bonner could take help when teams double Griffin/ Randolph. Jordan fills the void defensively. Hill and Mason give them quality depth. All four players contracts expire next year so they could really be active to build around Davis/Jordon/Gordon/ Randolph.

That's where I stopped reading. Are you nuts?

rjv
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
you're right... even samuel beckett thinks this is absurd.

dougp
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I noticed this was your first post. It should probably be your last if your other ideas are as stupid as this trade.

Shastafarian
07-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Also "calling it a day" there would leave the Spurs with 10 players. Having that few players on the roster isn't allowed. Try again.

ffadicted
07-01-2009, 01:10 PM
This must be a troll.
There is no other explanation

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 01:15 PM

Please stop...

ElNono
07-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Absurd sounds about right...

bigdog
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
No

EricB
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Signing Von Wafer is more absurdity on top of the original absurdity.

Leetonidas
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I would rather have Camby. He epitomizes what we lack at the C position.

dochay
07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Kaman= Vaughn. Too funny. Kaman has come a long ways in the last few years. Most everyone has him as a top 15 center and he gets better every year. Finley and Bonner are practically useless and are just taking up space especially with Gooden, Wallace and Jefferson. Wafer can score in bunches and could be a weapon off the bench, unlike Finley who is nothing more than a spot shooter and a liability defensively against athletic SG's.
Duncan, Ginobli, Wallace, Kaman, Gooden, Jefferson, Parker, Mahini, Bowen (more than likely), Williams, Gist, Wafer, Blair and Mcclinton (maybe). Looks like more than ten to me. ??? Of course there is also Ime and who knows.
Yeah losing Mason and Hill would suck and if you think Kaman is that bad then I can see your point. To each their own.

z0sa
07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
guys, I know this trade is absurd ... hence why he called it "absurd scenario."

lighten up, assholes.

and welcome to the forum.

Shastafarian
07-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Kaman= Vaughn. Too funny. Kaman has come a long ways in the last few years. Most everyone has him as a top 15 center and he gets better every year. Finley and Bonner are practically useless and are just taking up space especially with Gooden, Wallace and Jefferson. Wafer can score in bunches and could be a weapon off the bench, unlike Finley who is nothing more than a spot shooter and a liability defensively against athletic SG's.
Duncan, Ginobli, Wallace, Kaman, Gooden, Jefferson, Parker, Mahini, Bowen (more than likely), Williams, Gist, Wafer, Blair and Mcclinton (maybe). Looks like more than ten to me. ??? Of course there is also Ime and who knows.
Yeah losing Mason and Hill would suck and if you think Kaman is that bad then I can see your point. To each their own.

You seemed to imply you thought going with that roster was fine when you said, "call it a day". With those players you're assuming Bowen comes back (less than likely) and that three rookies are part of the team. While those are more likely, I got the impression you didn't want to include them. But this trade is still beyond dumb. You wanna give up a great shooter and a good young PG/SG for a guy who has played 87 games in the past TWO seasons? One who doesn't even average double digit rebounds? That Chris Kaman?

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 01:31 PM
guys, I know this trade is absurd ... hence why he called it "absurd scenario."

lighten up, assholes.

and welcome to the forum.

Well, that's true, it does say absurd scenario:lol

Agloco
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
:) trade finley, mason, hill and bonner to clippers for kaman. Sign von wafer and sheed. Try and keep gooden and call it a day.
The clippers might go for it, they have a strong need to upgrade their sg and point guard depth, and they have shown an interest in hill before. They are getting pretty full at power forward and center and are looking to attract some high profile guys next year like everybody else. Deandre jordan they are pretty high on so he stays, griffin is their saviour, jordon's contract is not going to be picked up by anyone. Kaman is the only one who could be moved.
This trade actually would make the clippers better in my opinion. Finley and mason should help with the professionalism of the team, bonner could take help when teams double griffin/ randolph. Jordan fills the void defensively. Hill and mason give them quality depth. All four players contracts expire next year so they could really be active to build around davis/jordon/gordon/ randolph.

that's where i stopped reading. Are you nuts?

+1

Why post this?

cd98
07-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Real problem with this trade is it leaves the Spurs with no back up point guard. Yes, we need front court help. A good player (Wallace) and a less effective cheap player for insurance (Oberto?). Both those needs can be fixed in free agency.

Your scenario would trade away our backup point guards (Hill and Mason). Not going to be easy to find those replacements via trade or free agency.

cd98
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Kaman is a good player. He's not Vaughn. He's capable of a double-double. Only concern is he is coming off injuries and he makes a little too much money. Spurs would love to have him at center, but not at this cost, not when you can get a better deal in free agency.

Muser
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
:lmao

Libri
07-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Real problem with this trade is it leaves the Spurs with no back up point guard. Yes, we need front court help. A good player (Wallace) and a less effective cheap player for insurance (Oberto?). Both those needs can be fixed in free agency.

Your scenario would trade away our backup point guards (Hill and Mason). Not going to be easy to find those replacements via trade or free agency.

In this situation the Spurs would have to resign Vaughn. :(

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Whee! Whee! Pancakes!

hater
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM
you call that absurd???

Pop parades naked on the Riverwalk and signs a 4 foot mariachi as our starting center. Now that's absurd.

Extra Stout
07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Tim Duncan protests the SuperSonics' move by throwing fish at Kevin Durant during games. Now that's absurd.

Tully365
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
you're right... even samuel beckett thinks this is absurd.

Waiting for Caveman.....

:lol Actually I think this has potential.

(He never shows.)