PDA

View Full Version : Tdong cries...Rudy Fernandez wants out of Portland

robbie380
07-01-2009, 02:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4300407

Unhappy Fernandez has Europe suitors

By Chris Sheridan

Portland's pursuit of a certain player from Turkey has infuriated the Trail Blazers' lone remaining Spanish player, Rudy Fernandez, to the point where he'd prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again, ESPN.com learned Tuesday.

A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow as word spread that the Blazers had become the apparent front-runners to land free agent Hedo Turkoglu.

Fernandez, who paid more than $500,000 of his own money to buy his way out of his contract with DKV Joventut, believes he can earn 5 million euros per season if he signs a three-year contract in Europe. He is due to make $1.1 million from the Blazers next season.

The problem for Fernandez from a leverage standpoint is that he is entering the second year of his NBA rookie contract, and the Blazers have the option to re-sign him for a third and/or fourth season. Fernandez would have to be released from his NBA contract in order to receive a letter of clearance from FIBA, the sport's international governing body, to play elsewhere.

The Blazers have been made aware of Fernandez's feelings, the source said. The source added that Fernandez has not formally requested a trade but has expressed his dissatisfaction with the way he was used by Portland coach Nate McMillan over the course of his rookie season. Fernandez averaged 26 minutes off the bench and scored 10.2 points per game, rarely handling the ball or acting as an offensive initiator -- two of Turkoglu's specialties.

If the Blazers were to sign Turkoglu, it could leave Fernandez in a reduced role -- backing up Brandon Roy at the two-guard spot and getting fewer minutes at small forward, where Fernandez and Travis Outlaw backed up Nicolas Batum last season.

Portland only recently severed its tied with its other Spanish player, dealing point guard Sergio Rodriguez to Sacramento on draft night last Thursday after Rodriguez spent three years with the Blazers as the second- and sometimes third-string point guard.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

Double-Up
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Lol!!

Kai
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
lol Blazers

robbie380
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I find it strange TSCHLONG didnt spam us with this.

those tshirts in your sig would be better if they said "15 RINGS FAGGOTS! WHAT!" on the back.

ginobili's bald spot
07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
those tshirts in your sig would be better if they said "15 RINGS FAGGOTS! WHAT!" on the back.

Agreed.

And in other news, lol tlong.

phyzik
07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Que KBP posting in 4....3....2....

kamikazi_player
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
bad news for portland, but they already have so much depth in their roster to replace rudy. if he's not dedicated, then why have him on your team?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Please trade Fernandez and a few other good players for Nash so we all can really "lol Tlong".

Killakobe81
07-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I'll be honest Portland has been great at acquiring young talent but HORRIBLE at deciding what to wo with said talent or making the pieces fit ...I don't see Hedu being a great fit BEACAUSE his strengths ball-handling and creating plays are the hings that Rudy and especially Roy excel at so how does it truly make them better? Deeper but unless they are dealing someone for a PG or a healthy starting center ...I doubt ot makes them all that much better because there is only 1 ball and only 5 guys can be on the court at one time. It's like that if you have two starting QB competing for the job then you really have none ...this applies here. Portaland has the best overall talent in the NBA but right now i doubt they put it all together ...they overvale talent & potential ...they need to focus on production and experience.

ginobili's bald spot
Please trade Fernandez and a few other good players for Nash so we all can really "lol Tlong".

Farmar for Rudy straight up.

lil_penny
In all honesty I hope this doesn't happen.. even though hedo is going to be on his way to portland to get shown around and eat dinner with allen and pritchard this Thursday I hope they change their minds... rudy roy and lma are the 3 players I don't wanna see leave.. get rid out outlaw before you let rudy walk damnit!

slammmyj22
07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Hope the Kings get him, he would be a huge upgrade over just about everyone on the roster

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 03:51 PM

We need him. Dragic + Rudy > Parker + Ginobili. Don't be fuckin greedy, white magic needs a SG who will make things easier for him.

tomtom
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
wtf :depressed dammit i dont even want hedo, i would much rather have miller or hinrich

sonic21
07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
it makes no sense for portland to get hedo

sonic21
07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Rudy and Batum for Mason

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Nash for Rudy, Outlaw, and the Vanilla Gorilla. Get it done.

tlongII
07-01-2009, 04:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with Rudy making it known that he's upset. Everything will work itself out. Now that Rudy has made his feelings known we can respond appropriately. Open communication is the key.

Mel_13
07-01-2009, 04:02 PM
The problem for Fernandez from a leverage standpoint is that he is entering the second year of his NBA rookie contract, and the Blazers have the option to re-sign him for a third and/or fourth season. Fernandez would have to be released from his NBA contract in order to receive a letter of clearance from FIBA, the sport's international governing body, to play elsewhere.

Nothing else in the article really matters.

Rudy can line up all the Euro offers he wants, Portland will still decide where he plays for the next three seasons. He gave up the freedom to choose his team when he signed that rookie scale contract.

ginobili's bald spot
07-01-2009, 04:03 PM
We need him. Dragic + Rudy > Parker + Ginobili. Don't be fuckin greedy, white magic needs a SG who will make things easier for him.

:lol Amundson for Rudy straight up works. I don't think they'd be able to pass that up.

TFloss32
07-01-2009, 04:07 PM

Hmmm.....:nope. Rudy is a stud IMO, but both players have yet to prove themselves (or in Dragic's case, even see the court). Are you seriously even trying to compare two potential Hall of Famers with 3 rings a piece to those two guys, AND saying they're better? :wow You reek of bitterness.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 04:07 PM
:lol Amundson for Rudy straight up works. I don't think they'd be able to pass that up.

Nash would cock block the awesomeness of that back court. He's already cock blocked Goran Dragic from attaining the ROY award, he doesn't need to cock block the most improved player award.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Hmmm.....:nope. Rudy is a stud IMO, but both players have yet to prove themselves (or in Dragic's case, even see the court). Are you seriously even trying to compare two potential Hall of Famers with 3 rings a piece to those two guys, AND saying they're better? :wow You reek of bittnerness.

Are you seriously that much of an insecure fan that you took that seriously?

ginobili's bald spot
07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Hmmm.....:nope. Rudy is a stud IMO, but both players have yet to prove themselves (or in Dragic's case, even see the court). Are you seriously even trying to compare two potential Hall of Famers with 3 rings a piece to those two guys, AND saying they're better? :wow You reek of bitterness.

I knew that post would cause at least one dumb spurfan to shit bricks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 04:12 PM
(or in Dragic's case, even see the court)

It was FBI Gentry. CIA Pop intentionally losses games for no particular reason by not playing George Hill enough, FBI Gentry intentionally missed the playoffs by not using Dragic enough. Don't ask me to explain the logic there, I just like saying FBI Gentry.

timvp
07-01-2009, 04:13 PM
To placate Rudy, Portland should use its money to sign Ariza.

picnroll
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
To placate Rudy, Portland should use its money to sign Ariza.

:tu

Which then POs Batum who demands a trade tot he Spurs.

Pritchard is too clever by a half. You can't stock pile all that young talent and take away their chances for playing time. Portland's locker room is going to go south in a hurry.

Brazil
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
There's nothing wrong with Rudy making it known that he's upset. Everything will work itself out. Now that Rudy has made his feelings known we can respond appropriately. Open communication is the key.

:lol

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 05:10 PM

You mean open communication like when Portland contacted the Suns about acquiring Shaq and then denying it later? Probably made Oden feel pretty good, huh:rolleyes Open communciation my ass...:lol

TFloss32
07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Are you seriously that much of an insecure fan that you took that seriously?

Insecure? Just stating facts. How am I supposed to know if you're serious or not? Should I sense your sarcasm through my computer? Phoenix has little man syndrome when it comes to the Spurs and you Suns fans have been creaming over Dragic since he arrived. Hence the reason for my previous post...

I knew that post would cause at least one dumb spurfan to shit bricks.

Exaggerate much?

Allanon
07-01-2009, 05:37 PM

I can live with this.

ambchang
07-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Proof NBA lies, Europe teams many money sign good plays like Fernandez. Greece players better than Spain players, and Spain players still make 5M euro a year. VSpan is make 7M euro easy.

ginobili's bald spot
07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Proof NBA lies, Europe teams many money sign good plays like Fernandez. Greece players better than Spain players, and Spain players still make 5M euro a year. VSpan is make 7M euro easy.

Pretty solid impression.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Insecure? Just stating facts. How am I supposed to know if you're serious or not? Should I sense your sarcasm through my computer? Phoenix has little man syndrome when it comes to the Spurs and you Suns fans have been creaming over Dragic since he arrived. Hence the reason for my previous post...

This post is wrong on so many levels. Most Phoenix fans think White Magic is garbage, I don't know how many times I heard the nickname Tragic last year.

And yes, you should sense the sarcasm because it was a ridiculous comment. The little man comment was also really stupid. Look at my fuckin username and ask yourself whether someone with little man syndrome would have that?

RonMexico
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I think Spanish players are the biggest whiners in the leage.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 06:28 PM

They're also giant hypocrites.....I nearly cracked up when I saw the Spanish national soccer team advocating the "Say no to racism" campaign.

This is yet another example of a Spanish/European player getting away with acting like a complete tool. If it was Lamarcus Aldridge that said, "I don't want to play with someone from Turkey," the media would label him a racist and always bring that up.

But since it's a European player doing this, it's for some reason completely understandable and OK, and Portland should have taken Fernandez's racism into consideration before pursuing Turkoglu.

TFloss32
07-01-2009, 06:36 PM
This post is wrong on so many levels. Most Phoenix fans think White Magic is garbage, I don't know how many times I heard the nickname Tragic last year.

And yes, you should sense the sarcasm because it was a ridiculous comment. The little man comment was also really stupid. Look at my fuckin username and ask yourself whether someone with little man syndrome would have that?

Well, I'm sorry the little Slovenian isn't working out for PHX and I was referring to how over-hyped he is. You couldn't sense my sarcasm? I know he probably won't amount to anything.

It wasn't a dumb comment at all actually. I was making a generalization about Phoenix fans who hate the Spurs for multiple reasons, especially after the "hip check." Also, have you never seen a ridiculous comment, like the one you made, by homer fans who aren't joking? I certainly have, especially in this forum. Excuse me for confusing you with multiple idiotic posters who talk out of their ass. No need to be arrogant about it. "I was joking!" is a sufficient enough comeback.

Your name does absolutely nothing to prove that you're not a butt hurt Phoenix fan, because it has nothing to do with Phoenix. For example, I can say "CP3 owns Steve Nash" and still hate the Hornets. Plus, EVERYONE hates Kobe.

urunobili
07-01-2009, 06:37 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-01-2009, 06:44 PM
For example, I can say "CP3 owns Steve Nash" and still hate the Hornets.

Yes you can say that, but your hatred toward the Hornets would probably prevent you from doing so. And yeah everyone hates Kobe, but chances are I'm not going to say something positive about Duncan if I hated the guy.

TFloss32
07-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Yes you can say that, but your hatred toward the Hornets would probably prevent you from doing so. And yeah everyone hates Kobe, but chances are I'm not going to say something positive about Duncan if I hated the guy.

It wouldn't actually, I hate the Hornets and I hate CP3. He is the best overall PG in the league though. My point is, I don't know you and your personality so I don't know when you're joking and when you're serious (especially because of the PHX/SA rivalry). People say ridiculous shit all of the time for many reasons and this site attracts a lot of idiots who seriously think they're knowledgeable of basketball when they post. Plus, you can have love for Timmy D and still hate the Spurs. I've always loved Grant Hill as a player, but I've always hated the Suns. You get my point.

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 07:20 PM

This:tu
KBP lives on...:lol

cobbler
07-01-2009, 08:44 PM

Spoken like a true first round and out fan.

Spurtacus
07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Rudy and Batum for Mason

Pipe dream but that would be fucking awesome.

Roxsfan
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Welcome to hell..............:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Everyone in Europe has been laughing at Rudy ever since he went to the NBA. He is a big joke for believing the lies of the NBA. After what happened to Spanoulis he is the ONLY player from Europe that ever took less money to come to the NBA on a promise from a GM that he would start.

Looks like he is finally wising up.

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
KBP, where have you been?