PDA

View Full Version : Not Surprised

El_Mago
07-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Anyone else not surprised that we have not heard anything legit about the Spurs and FA?

I mean, no articles about us offering anything or visiting anyone.

I for one am not too surprised. I believe the Spurs will watch the first big chips fall and then by next week start making some moves.

Looks like Gortat is out of the running.
Lee is more than likely going to OKC.
Odom is not coming.
Bass is being heavily pursued by New Orleans and Orlando.
I hear Garnett is hounding Wallace to come to Boston, so who knows...

I believe the Spurs are targeting ZaZa and thats who we will get in free agency....a true center, which we need.

:flag:

Muser
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Spurs never make things public until the deal is done.

El_Mago
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Agreed.

But just like the RJ trade was unexpected....

I expect the Spurs to be pursuing someone who is pretty much under everyone's radar: ZaZa

Rynospursfan
07-01-2009, 03:24 PM
ZaZa is the guy I want, so I hope your right.

rjv
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
it's a buyer's market. most teams will be willing to wait as prices drop.

Dex
07-01-2009, 03:30 PM
The market has been open for 17 and a half hours. We've got a long ways to go.

bigdog
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
It's called patience. This is only the first day of free agency. Besides, the Spurs never let anything be known to the public unless a deal is completely done. Jeff McDonald said the Spurs have been in contact with Rasheed already, and many national sources are saying it's between Spurs and Celtics for him.

Odom was never going to be a Spur, get that out of your head. Spurs never had a chance at David Lee, get that out of your head, too. The only one I would be bummed about is Gortat, who supposedly already has an offer from Houston, and he could end up there.

There is still ZaZa, and McDyess. There are options, and I believe the Spurs will get one of them. Let's not forget about Gooden. They could very well turn to him if all else fails.

So just wait it out.

Rev Hill
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
ZaZa is NOT the guy the Spurs need. We already went down the Rasho road. There are a couple of things we need from the 2 bigs we possibly may obtain through free agency: a presence in the middle (block shots/rebounds) and the ability to help spread the floor. ZaZa can do neither one of those things. His rebounding is barely average, his shot blocking is almost non-existent and his range is fairly limited.

If I'm the Spurs, I'm not throwing my MLE exception or anything close at a guy like this.

Pass.

Taking it to the Hole
07-01-2009, 04:22 PM
The Spurs may not have a choice if Sheed and Dice are not available. They may have to take a shot at ZaZa because he would be the best available player after those two. He isn't polished, but the guy is young and has the potential to be a outstanding role player for the Spurs.

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Not surprised. But very happy you made a thread about it.

CGD
07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see much action until the new cap figures come out on July 7th.

Ace9
07-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Spurs never make things public until the deal is done.

The way things should be done. My list is 1. Sheed 2. Dice 3. ZaZa. I think its a win-win-win situation, if we get any of these guys...:downspin:

EricB
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Its day 1.

Seriously people?

I mean, SERIOUSLY!?!?

ffadicted
07-01-2009, 04:38 PM
If the Spurs get Zaza as our savior Center, I will be utterly disappointed

rayray2k8
07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Dude, seriously get a fucking hobby. :lol
not even 24 hours have passed and you think all the FA's are gone.

jag
07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
It's already been 18 hours and so far there's no sign of any movement. The stupid front office must not want to win.

Agloco
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
it's a buyer's market. most teams will be willing to wait as prices drop.

Not with shit like 5 years/50 million for Gordon happening.

Brazil
07-01-2009, 05:07 PM
IMO after dice and sheed our best available option is still Gooden.

YODA
07-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Whats cambys situation??

scottspurs
07-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone else not surprised that we have not heard anything legit about the Spurs and FA?

I mean, no articles about us offering anything or visiting anyone.

I for one am not too surprised. I believe the Spurs will watch the first big chips fall and then by next week start making some moves.

Looks like Gortat is out of the running.
Lee is more than likely going to OKC.
Odom is not coming.
Bass is being heavily pursued by New Orleans and Orlando.
I hear Garnett is hounding Wallace to come to Boston, so who knows...

I believe the Spurs are targeting ZaZa and thats who we will get in free agency....a true center, which we need.

:flag:

I won't be suprised, when the spurs sign a suprise.

CGD
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Whats cambys situation??

Camby has one year left on his current deal worth $7.6M.

I would expect Clips to move him considering the glut of PF/C on their roster.

Could be a great pick up which Spurs could get by agreeing to swap expiring contracts.

timtonymanu
07-01-2009, 08:30 PM
hello, free agency just started. i dont understand why everyone got so excited about july 1st when you cant sign a player till the 8th.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Its day 1.

Seriously people?

I mean, SERIOUSLY!?!?

Yeah. SERIOUSLY!!

Spurtacus
07-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Pistons made the first splash today. Should start to see some ripples the next few days. I know the Spurs FO are doing their job. Patience peeps.

Kindergarten Cop
07-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Camby has one year left on his current deal worth $7.6M.

I would expect Clips to move him considering the glut of PF/C on their roster.

Could be a great pick up which Spurs could get by agreeing to swap expiring contracts.

I don't see the Clips trading him now that the glut of bigmen just got a bit thinner after trading Randolph.

SouthTexasRancher
07-01-2009, 10:24 PM
The Spurs are poker players...they never tip their hand. I have faith they will get the best big for our overall style and system. We need muscle and rebounding more than we need scoring from our new big.

bishopospurs
07-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Come on.... land Robert Swift!!:deadhorse

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Even if the Spurs are focused on the "Sheedstakes", as long as they keep their eyes focused on other bigs I'm cool which I think they've learned about putting all of their eggs in one basket. Still holding out hope for Gortat possibly.

Ditty
07-01-2009, 11:45 PM
i wish there could be some kind of sign or rasheed can speak to the media about his decision or some big rumor that sheed first option is the spurs like alst year with magette wanting to play for the spurs and being he first option but sure later he ended up bullshitting

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Got to play the field if you have any leverage as a Free Agent. Never know who's serious and whose statements have an element on non-truth 'til the smoke clears.

VivaPopovich
07-02-2009, 02:44 AM
i wouldnt worry about it, after all the jefferson deal came out of nowhere

not like the spurs management would have anyone leaking info to the media

mystargtr34
07-02-2009, 03:30 AM
You can not be SERIOUS!

NickiRasgo
07-02-2009, 06:00 AM
They will trade and sign Jacque Vaughn to LeBron James, not a surprised. http://pinoypsp.com/Smileys/default/lol.gif