PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez Unhappy

robert1886
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Rudy seems pretty unhappy in Portland...its a shame this kid doesnt get more playing time especially now that they will prob get Turkoglu...Would love to see this kid is S.A...i lk to dream
heres the link on espn
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4300407

CGD
07-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I'll dream right along with you man...

roycrikside
07-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Rudy seems pretty unhappy in Portland...its a shame this kid doesnt get more playing time especially now that they will prob get Turkoglu...Would love to see this kid is S.A...i lk to dream
heres the link on espn
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4300407

I saw that, and I would love to have him as a 30 min a night backup to RJ and Manu at the swing spots, but looking at his 1.1M salary, there is no way we can trade for him and make the salaries match, unless for some inexplicable reason, the Blazers would want Marcus Williams.

For once it is our team's salary structure that's the problem. Our tradable guys (Fin, Bonner) make too much money to make the deal work.

BacktoBasics
07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
The contract would be easy to match. I'll feed the fire and up it with the rights to Splitter. However it'd be the same song and dance for him here.

timvp
07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
There was a Ludden article a few years ago regarding RC scouting Fernandez and RC thinking that Fernandez was too immature on and off the court to make it in San Antonio. Unless that perception has changed, I don't think Fernandez is a likely target ... especially considering how much the Spurs would have to give up.

Hedo signing in Portland would probably cause the Spurs to call about the availability of Batum before Fernandez.

Mugen
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
There was a Ludden article a few years ago regarding RC scouting Fernandez and RC thinking that Fernandez was too immature on and off the court to make it in San Antonio. Unless that perception has changed, I don't think Fernandez is a likely target ... especially considering how much the Spurs would have to give up.

Hedo signing in Portland would probably cause the Spurs to call about the availability of Batum before Fernandez.

i love rudy but id love Batum on the Spurs.

mookie2001
que lastima rudolfo
pobrecito

robert1886
yea i woul not see them trading rudy away....man how much playing time is outlaw going to get now if they sign Hedo?

Brazil
07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Batum thread !!!!!

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Pritchard will require the left ball of Holt in any trade for Batum. Needless to say, that's a trade I'd be willing to consider.

tav1
With Hedo coming and Fernandez unhappy about minutes, the Spurs should watch Batum and Outlaw closely. I'd give up a future first for Batum. If the Blazers force themselves into a need to cut Outlaw before his contract is fully guaranteed situation, maybe they'd take Bonner or Finley back to get something.

BacktoBasics
Outlaw would actually be a better a fit in SA then either Rudy or Batum.

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
While I agree with Batum being the first option of the two players, the Spurs likely wouldn't have to give up too much for Fernandez. He is only making a little over a million, so the slary wouldn't be too hard to match, as the same is with Batum. The main thing is what can we give up for him? Mason and rudy/Batum don't even out. Rudy+Batum would equal out for Mason number wise (or come close), but in all honesty thats two young players for a shooter, which the Blazers already have in (a younger) Webster.

Plus R.C. made those comments when Rudy was being drafted 2 years ago right? Or maybe they were from scouts 2 years ago. A person can really mature in two years.

Sadly, Portland does not give up assets willingly. KP thinks of himself as the Michael Jordan of GMs. At least.

Mr. Body
Outlaw would actually be a better a fit in SA then either Rudy or Batum.

Totally and utterly disagree. Batum by far is a better fit than Outlaw.

Kori Ellis
Outlaw and Fernandez for Finley and Bonner? :)

robert1886
i lk me some outlaw fo show!

timvp
07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
While I agree with Batum being the first option of the two players, the Spurs likely wouldn't have to give up too much for Fernandez. Fernandez is pretty damn valuable. Much more valuable than his contract indicates. I can't think of a trade offer that could land Fernandez ... or even Batum for that matter.

It'd likely have to begin with a first round draft pick and Splitter to get Pritchard to even answer the phone.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Totally and utterly disagree. Batum by far is a better fit than Outlaw.

The Spurs would probably be happy to take either one. They have tried to get Outlaw before.

Mugen
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Toronoto offering Hedo a 5 yr 60 mil contract

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60261/20090701/raptors_preparing_$60m_offer_for_turkoglu/

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 04:55 PM
The Spurs would probably be happy to take either one. They have tried to get Outlaw before.

I'd take Outlaw without question, just saying Batum fits the Spurs SF mold better.

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Outlaw and Fernandez for Finley and Bonner? :)

You stop that :lol

DPG21920
07-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I might honestly consider crying, literally crying, if the Spurs turned Bonner and Finley into Outlaw and Rudy.

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I would easily trade a first rounder and Splitter plus expirings for Batum and Fernandez. I mean, while we're smoking crack.

Muser
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I would easily trade a first rounder and Splitter plus expirings for Batum and Fernandez. I mean, while we're smoking crack.

I like :hat

BacktoBasics
07-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Lets not forget that Webster is still stuck in the middle of this mess as well.

Bruno
07-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Batum for Marcus Williams + a future first round pick.

Blazers open some capspace with Williams unguaranteed contract and clear some logjam to make Rudy happy.

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM

Blazers open some capspace with Williams unguaranteed contract and clear some logjam to make Rudy happy.

Yes please Portland do it!:flag:

tav1
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM

Seems too cheap for Pritchard. He'd probably ask for Splitter and a second.

Muser
07-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Seems too cheap for Pritchard. He'd probably ask for Splitter and a second.

I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

CGD
07-01-2009, 05:23 PM
How do you think Pritchard ranks his (non-Roy) 2/3s in terms of value as he contemplates trades? Do you think they are equally interchangeable/tradable in his eyes?

Batum
Fernandez
Outlaw
Webster

SenorSpur
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't believe in a veteran team, like the Spurs, giving up a future 1st round pick. We saw how that worked out in the KT trade. The moral is never give up a 1st round pick for an aging player. The idea of acquiring Batum is a totally different thing. That said, if that's what it would take to help pry Batum from Portland's clutches - I say do it. He's worth it.

tav1
07-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't believe in a veteran team, like the Spurs, giving up a future 1st round pick. We saw how that worked out in the KT trade. The moral is never give up a 1st round pick for an aging player. The idea of acquiring Batum is a totally different thing. That said, if that's what it would take to help pry Batum from Portland's clutches - I say do it. He's worth it.

The Spurs aren't as "veteran" anymore...

SenorSpur
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Looks like Rudy is pissed off to the point where he'd prefer to go back and resume his career in Europe. Don't count on it happening, but stay tuned.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60259/20090701/rudy_fuming_over_portlands_pursuit_of_turkoglu/

As Portland pursues Hedo Turkoglu, they have angered Rudy Fernandez in the process, according to sources.

Fernandez would prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again.

A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow.

Fernandez, who paid more than $500,000 of his own money to buy his way out of his contract with DKV Joventut, believes he can earn 5 million euros per season if he signs a three-year contract in Europe. He is due to make $1.1 million from the Blazers next season.

The problem for Fernandez from a leverage standpoint is that he is entering the second year of his NBA rookie contract, and the Blazers have the option to re-sign him for a third and/or fourth season. Fernandez would have to be released from his NBA contract in order to receive a letter of clearance from FIBA.

The Blazers have been made aware of Fernandez's feelings, the source said.

EricB
07-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Yeah how did that end up badly, just curious.

Or do you want to keep spreading that BS some more.

Mr. Body
07-01-2009, 05:45 PM
You think Popovich is doing some Agency-special behind the scenes Agitation with Fernandez? :lol

Ocotillo
07-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Looks like Rudy is pissed off to the point where he'd prefer to go back and resume his career in Europe. Don't count on it happening, but stay tuned.

Fernandez would prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again.

A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow.

Fernandez, who paid more than $500,000 of his own money to buy his way out of his contract with DKV Joventut, believes he can earn 5 million euros per season if he signs a three-year contract in Europe. He is due to make $1.1 million from the Blazers next season.

The problem for Fernandez from a leverage standpoint is that he is entering the second year of his NBA rookie contract, and the Blazers have the option to re-sign him for a third and/or fourth season. Fernandez would have to be released from his NBA contract in order to receive a letter of clearance from FIBA.

The Blazers have been made aware of Fernandez's feelings, the source said.

KBP countdown 5...4...3...

purist
07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Now spur fan is wanting to pull trades for the sake of pulling trades. Well, now that I think of it, that's nothing knew.

My question is what as Rudy Fernandez done to warrant so much love. I think he has too many question marks and he's not a big.

Do we really want to become the new Phoenix Suns? Bunch of wing players and no front line.

SenorSpur
07-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah how did that end up badly, just curious.

Or do you want to keep spreading that BS some more.

Always happy to hear from the community idiot :sleep

GSH
07-01-2009, 06:13 PM

He still is immature, and it shows in the way he has handled this. He's mad because the Blazers spoke to Hedo, and he wants to go home. What would Spurs fans have thought if Tony said he was going back to Europe because the Spurs talked to Kidd?

Like so many Euro imports, he wanted to set up his second contract right away, and he didn't want to pay his dues learning the system and the NBA game. But no matter what KBP and others might say, Nate McMillin limited his minutes for a reason. It's not some plot to make European players look bad.

I don't want any player who threatens to take his ball and go home every time the coach doesn't do things his way.

barbacoataco
07-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Fernandez is the most popular player on the team and I don't see them trading him. BBall is a business and Rudy keeps the ladies coming to the games. However, I do thibnk the Blazers will eventually move either Batum, Webster or Outlaw. I don't think the Spurs will be in the running.

barbacoataco
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Also, Rudy is a lot of fun to watch but his defense is such a liability that I'm not sure he is really worth it. I like Batum. For his age he had a great rookie season and he could wind up being top 3 perimeter defenders in the league.

VivaPopovich
07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
There was a Ludden article a few years ago regarding RC scouting Fernandez and RC thinking that Fernandez was too immature on and off the court to make it in San Antonio. Unless that perception has changed, I don't think Fernandez is a likely target

doesnt seem to be deterring anyone from landing Rasheed

Nikos
07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Rudy if given the playing time will be a superior player to Hedo Turkoglu. Hedo might offer better defense and compatibility with Roy as of NOW -- but Rudy is simply going to be a better offensive player by a decent margin.

If the Spurs could get Fernandez that would be an excellent Ginobili replacement for the future. He has all the offensive tools to be like Manu with similiar defensive abilities.

He seemed like a level headed kid from the things I have seen -- but he is a bit young however and I would definitely take him if the opportunity came up.

If I was the Blazers I would take my chances with Outlaw and Rudy as opposed to just getting Hedo.

Ditty
07-02-2009, 12:05 AM
i can see rudy and batum playing for the spurs someday

hopefully it wont be past there primes but batum would be the bruce replacment while fernandez can be the ginobili replacment

wouldn't that be nice

timvp
07-02-2009, 12:14 AM
The Spurs could offer a future first round pick and Splitter for Batum and Pritchard is unlikely to pull the trigger.

As for Fernandez, if he's not happy playing behind Roy and Hedo, he'd be unhappy playing behind Ginobili and Jefferson.

mountainballer
07-02-2009, 04:20 AM
right, but Pop distributes the minutes differently and will look to keep Manu significantly below 30 MPG. Rudy likely would get more minutes with the Spurs.
However, the chance that such a trade happens is 0.1% anyhow.

nz_spur
07-02-2009, 05:04 AM
i lk me some outlaw fo show!

Um??? Translation? :wow

Spurs da champs
07-02-2009, 05:23 AM
he means travis outlaw

rjv
07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
i think hedo may wind up in toronto which would make fernandez less likely to be sent out to anyone.

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Please go to Portland Hedo!! Make someone expendable.

in2deep
07-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Bonner and Finley for Fernandez. Do it

tp2021
07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I might honestly consider crying, literally crying, if the Spurs turned Bonner and Finley into Outlaw and Rudy.

I'd probably jizz in my pants

Libri
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
He still is immature, and it shows in the way he has handled this. He's mad because the Blazers spoke to Hedo, and he wants to go home. What would Spurs fans have thought if Tony said he was going back to Europe because the Spurs talked to Kidd?

Like so many Euro imports, he wanted to set up his second contract right away, and he didn't want to pay his dues learning the system and the NBA game. But no matter what KBP and others might say, Nate McMillin limited his minutes for a reason. It's not some plot to make European players look bad.

I don't want any player who threatens to take his ball and go home every time the coach doesn't do things his way.

It seems that some of these Spanish players are very outspoken and don't shy away of expressing what they feel. For example, Gasol was annoyed that he didn't get the ball more during the playoffs, Rubio sued his own team, and now Fernandez is unhappy with the signing of Hedo.