PDA

View Full Version : McDonald:Not just Wallace

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Not just Wallace
By Jeff McDonald on Jul 1, 09 10:10 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark

It is widely believed Rasheed Wallace is at the top of the Spurs free-agent target list. Yet they are hardly putting all their eggs in the Wallace basket.

In addition to Wallace, the Spurs have contacted at least two other big men during the early throes of free agency. According to an NBA source, the Spurs have also been in touch with Antonio McDyess, Wallace's soon-to-be-former Detroit teammate, and Dallas forward Brandon Bass.

McDyess would be an intriguing fallback option should the Wallace plan not work out. The Pistons are interested in re-signing McDyess, who returned to Detroit after being included in the Chauncey Billups-Allen Iverson deal last fall, but it is believed he could be lured away by a team with a more realistic chance at winning a championship.

Bass would be a cheaper option, as he is not expected to command the full mid-level exception.

The Spurs are also believed to be interested in Orlando center Marcin Gortat, a restricted free agent. After trading for Vince Carter last week, the Magic are probably not in a position to match any substantial offer for him.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/07/not-just-wallac.html

Spursfan092120
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Bass would be nice...but then again, so would Dyess..truth of the matter is..we have the MLE and the LLE..we're going to get somebody to help. We don't need an All Star...we need someone to complement our great lineup.

timvp
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Good news about Wallace and McDyess. Having interest in Gortat isn't bad.

Bass? Meh. The Spurs always like players who do well against them but they should watch some video. Against other teams, he doesn't play like Karl Malone. He'd be a decent fit due to his jumper but I wouldn't love it ... at least compared to Wallace and McDyess.

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I was just posting about this, LOL. Bass would be a nice steal IMO, though he could use some work on the defensive side of the ball. His rebounding and scoring would be VERY welcomed in SA.

4RINGS
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Not just Wallace
By Jeff McDonald on Jul 1, 09 10:10 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark

It is widely believed Rasheed Wallace is at the top of the Spurs free-agent target list. Yet they are hardly putting all their eggs in the Wallace basket.

In addition to Wallace, the Spurs have contacted at least two other big men during the early throes of free agency. According to an NBA source, the Spurs have also been in touch with Antonio McDyess, Wallace's soon-to-be-former Detroit teammate, and Dallas forward Brandon Bass.

McDyess would be an intriguing fallback option should the Wallace plan not work out. The Pistons are interested in re-signing McDyess, who returned to Detroit after being included in the Chauncey Billups-Allen Iverson deal last fall, but it is believed he could be lured away by a team with a more realistic chance at winning a championship.

Bass would be a cheaper option, as he is not expected to command the full mid-level exception.

The Spurs are also believed to be interested in Orlando center Marcin Gortat, a restricted free agent. After trading for Vince Carter last week, the Magic are probably not in a position to match any substantial offer for him.

Plan B is starting to look very attractive. Bring on Dyess or Bass!!! :flag:

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I was just posting about this, LOL. Bass would be a nice steal IMO, though he could use some work on the defensive side of the ball. His rebounding and scoring would be VERY welcomed in SA.
Rebounding is actually one of his problems. Against the Spurs he rebounds like Wilt Chamberlain but against everyone else he rebounds slightly better than Matt Bonner.

jmanu20
07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Bass would be nice...but then again, so would Dyess..truth of the matter is..we have the MLE and the LLE..we're going to get somebody to help. We don't need an All Star...we need someone to complement our great lineup.

I agree about Bass, but something tells me there is NO WAY that Cuban would allow him to go to the Spurs.

Between Dyess and Sheed, I would go with Sheed because he has a few more weapons in his arsenal than Sheed (e.g. 3 point shooting). He would create some matchup problems for opposing teams. I know his emotions can get the best of him, but I think he would be a big help to our team. For things to truly work, Pop would need to understand that there are some things with Sheed that you probably have to let slide.

Cant_Be_Faded
Bass fucking sucks, if we end up with his damion jamesesque ass, I will be irate.

robert1886
DEFENSE! we get that at the low block we are set!

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 11:02 PM
I like Zaza and even Gooden better than Bass

I can't imagine him as our staring 4

EricB
Sheed, Dyess, if not them, then ZaZa.

Bass :pctoss

ElNono
I'm not very fond of Bass, but if he's the only thing we can get and on the cheap, I wouldn't necessarily mind.

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I agree about Bass, but something tells me there is NO WAY that Cuban would allow him to go to the Spurs.
The Mavs are trying to open up cap space soon. They might let him walk instead of taking the salary hit.

I like Bass as a third bigman but the Spurs need a starter. I don't really like the idea of Bass starting.

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
:pctossNo Bass please.

mattyc
07-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Dice :downspin:

EricB
The Mavs are trying to open up cap space soon. They might let him walk instead of taking the salary hit.

I like Bass as a third bigman but the Spurs need a starter. I don't really like the idea of Bass starting.

The Bass intrigue is very Francisco Elson esque...

DesignatedT
bass is better then elson^^^

dude can flat out score the rock and has a nice mid range jumper. D.. not so sure about

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Yo J Mac, they're talking to ZaZa too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
We already have an undersized big. Fuck Bass.
Come on McDyess/Wallace.

Mugen
Blair > Bass

and he hasnt even played a game yet.

traitoravery
07-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Id take Bass and Sheed.

DesignatedT
bass>gooden.....

not over dyess

Manu20
If the Spurs do not get Wallace or McDyess, Zaza should be plan C.

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Rebounding is actually one of his problems. Against the Spurs he rebounds like Wilt Chamberlain but against everyone else he rebounds slightly better than Matt Bonner.

Can see your point, but at least he's more active than Bonner on the glass even if the stats don't show it. Possibly playing alongside Timmy might get him some easier opportunities on the weakside.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Mavs are infinitely confident against the spurs now, and are hell bent on resigning Kidd. They really couldn't give a shit if we had Bass, because they don't see him as that important to what they do, in general, or against us.

Trust me. I live at ground zero of mavs douchedom.

EricB
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
If the Spurs do not get Wallace or McDyess, Zaza should be plan C.

This :tu

Ace9
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Exactly. Enough of these bigmen that would be on the bench for many other teams. I want a starter. :ihit

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Exactly. Enough of these bigmen that would be on the bench for many other teams. I want a starter. :ihit

Has not Dice been a sixth man?

roycrikside
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM

I agree. I liked Bass and Millsap a lot more before we drafted Blair. With DeJuan on board, those guys aren't really needed as they have similar skills, as primarily offensive players.

I would like the FA we get to be a defensive rebounder/shot blocker first and foremost. That's why I was really hoping to trade for Camby, but 'Sheed's post defense would be a nice asset too, and he could free up Tim to collect the boards.

Manu20
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM

If I was the Spurs Zaza would be plan b.

For some reason McDyess reminds me of Kurt:(

Spurtacus
07-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Sheed with the MLE and Bass with LLE...is this possible?

Mugen
07-01-2009, 11:17 PM

no.

bass will command more.

FvckMavs
07-01-2009, 11:17 PM

Cuban will match LLE.

kbrury
07-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I think he might get a little more then the lle from orlando, Im hoping for Sheed with mle and powe with lle

jmanu20
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Mavs are infinitely confident against the spurs now, and are hell bent on resigning Kidd. They really couldn't give a shit if we had Bass, because they don't see him as that important to what they do, in general, or against us.

Trust me. I live at ground zero of mavs douchedom.

Point taken. :lol

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:19 PM
When it's all said and done, I think Bass will get close to the MLE.

Hopefully Finley picking up his option hasn't changed the budget and now the Spurs aren't getting the green light to spend the whole MLE :td

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope we can get Sheed or McDyess to keep Bass alway

ulosturedge
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
From the San Antonio news tonight they seem to think Boston is the front runners for Sheed. They said that Boston called up Sheed at Midnight last night and that he has a meeting with Boston tomorrow. Seems like we are gonna have to go after Dyess or whoever else we had planned.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Fuck the Mavs and their little chipmunk. We've got one of our own now.

EricB
07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
When it's all said and done, I think Bass will get close to the MLE.

Hopefully Finley picking up his option hasn't changed the budget and now the Spurs aren't getting the green light to spend the whole MLE :td

So then the article where it said they were given the green light to spend the full MLE was a lie?

EricB
From the San Antonio news tonight they seem to think Boston is the front runners for Sheed. They said that Boston called up Sheed at Midnight last night and that he has a meeting with Boston tomorrow. Seems like we are gonna have to go after Dyess or whoever else we had planned.

Welcome to 2 days ago.

timvp
If Gortat really has full MLE offers on the table already, I'd cross him off the list. No way I give a full MLE to him.

EricB
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
If Gortat really has full MLE offers on the table already, I'd cross him off the list. Now way I give a full MLE to him.

He's as Marcus Bryant said and I agree with this, got Jim Mcilvain written all over him.

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:25 PM
So then the article where it said they were given the green light to spend the full MLE was a lie?

Who knows. We'll find out.

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Sheed looks difficult.

How much Pistons can offer McDyess?

Tully365
07-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Not just Wallace
By Jeff McDonald on Jul 1, 09 10:10 PM

It is widely believed .....

According to an NBA source, the Spurs have also...

but it is believed he could be lured away by...

The Spurs are also believed to be interested in...

This entire article is really just saying that McDonald doesn't have any concrete knowledge about what the Spurs are doing.

Man In Black
07-01-2009, 11:33 PM
For MLE-Need for Sheed.
For LLE-For some reason, I know I'm in the minority but I want Allen Iverson.

I just feel that as long as Duncan is healthy, the bigs would be Tim & Rasheed as starters, with Ian Mahinmi, DeJuan Blair & Matt Bonner as backups.
Wings are Richard Jefferson, Roger Mason, Manu Ginobili, & Mike Finley(Possible: Marcus Williams or James Gist or Malik Hairston)
Lead Guards would be Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, and George Hill(Possible:Jack McClinton)
There is still a need for a bulldog defender, so I'm hoping Bruce Bowen comes back. Although, RJ has shown that he can play good defense when he applies himself AND doesn't have to carry a team offensively.

Once they have that, I think this team can play any tempo and can attack from any position and run most any play Pop wants to use in the arsenal.
:flag:

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Fuck the Mavs and their little chipmunk. We've got one of our own now.

Exactly. Pre-Blair, Bass would have made some sense. Now? Not really.

Bass, Blair and Bonner next to Duncan is too small. They need to go after length first.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2009, 11:34 PM
We don't need Bass. Someone remind Pop and R.C. that we drafted a better version of him last week. Damn.

FvckMavs
07-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Bass, Blair and Bonner next to Duncan is too small. They need to go after length first.

MLE to Wallace/Dice, LLE to Rasho?

vander
07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
We don't need Bass. Someone remind Pop and R.C. that we drafted a better version of him last week. Damn.

pretty much what I was going to type

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
MLE to Wallace/Dice, LLE to Rasho?

Sounds good to me.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
If Gortat really has full MLE offers on the table already, I'd cross him off the list. No way I give a full MLE to him.

translation: just like the steve nash signing of 200* this will set the tone of free agency, every free agent will be way beyond our grasp and we will end up with bass.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM

Well, I was thinking of Jose Juan Josephine whatever, but it's just as true for Bass.

Ditty
07-01-2009, 11:49 PM
sheed for the MLE

mcdyess for the LLE

Trade finley and bonner to houston for battier

that is my ideal offseason

and lakers go home without no one besides paying for luxary tax

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Spurs aren't getting McDyess for the LLE.

EricB
07-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Why would Houston trade Battier to the Spurs?!

Good lord...

Ditty
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Why would Houston trade Battier to the Spurs?!

Good lord...

it looks like artest will be taking off and many in houston are acting like its time to rebuild even if nothing really started in the first place:lol

it might be 3 way trade espically if tmac ends up getting traded maybe the spurs can get it there and grab battier just my ideal offseason

and mcdyess surely would sign for a 1 year deal worth the LLE

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:56 PM
If the Spurs really do see Sheed, Dice and Bass as the top three options, Pop wasn't lying about going after a 4. Wonder if they will contract Varejao or if they still question his character like they did in the 2005 draft.

It's hilarious to me that the Spurs always go after players who do well against them. If Bass would have played poorly in the playoffs, you know the Spurs wouldn't even consider him. Oh well. Hopefully they land Sheed or McDyess and we don't have to worry about Plan C.

timvp
07-01-2009, 11:57 PM
it looks like artest will be taking off and many in houston are acting like its time to rebuild even if nothing really started in the first place:lol

it might be 3 way trade espically if tmac ends up getting traded maybe the spurs can get it there and grab battier just my ideal offseason

Step away from the fire water.

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 12:13 AM

Between Dyess and Sheed, I would go with Sheed because he has a few more weapons in his arsenal than Sheed (e.g. 3 point shooting). He would create some matchup problems for opposing teams. I know his emotions can get the best of him, but I think he would be a big help to our team. For things to truly work, Pop would need to understand that there are some things with Sheed that you probably have to let slide.

What?:lol

jcrod
07-02-2009, 12:14 AM

Where does rebuilding start when you get rid of Battier and get Bonner and Finley back? How are they rebuilding?

And where does Battier fit with the Spurs, he is not going to start ahead of RJ and he makes too much for only 10-15 mins a game.

Ditty
07-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Where does rebuilding start when you get rid of Battier and get Bonner and Finley back? How are they rebuilding?

And where does Battier fit with the Spurs, he is not going to start ahead of RJ and he makes too much for only 10-15 mins a game.

expiring contracts for 2010 while battier doesnt expire until after 2010 making over 5 million a year?

well if yao doesnt play this season and stacy mcgrady is on the shelf till the all start break of whatever then houston may turn out like detroit and want to get rid of there contracts to get players in 2010

who is a good fit that has game expirence that can back up jefferson and/or who is gonna guard kobe or lebron if bruce supposedly wont come back? battier is a hell of defender who did a good job on kobe in the playoffs while battier can shoot the 3 makes sense would be the perfect player for the spurs

jefferson is a good defender but lebron always wrecks on him

probably wont happen but we can always imagine :lol

holcs50
07-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Please no fucking bass. I really don't think he'd be much of an upgrade at all. If not sheed, dice, then even gortat before bass.

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 12:27 AM
If the Spurs end up with Bass as the primary big, I will not like the RJ trade. That trade was pointless (taking on that contract and losing flexibility in 2010) because the Spurs need a legit starter at the 4/5

DJB
07-02-2009, 12:30 AM
I think ZaZa should be plan B. He would compliment our team better than anyone besides Sheed IMO.

Man In Black
07-02-2009, 12:33 AM
This is the only Bass I like:
http://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/images/escambiawilliamsonkarl1210record.jpg

timvp
07-02-2009, 12:38 AM
If the Spurs end up with Bass as the primary big, I will not like the RJ trade. That trade was pointless (taking on that contract and losing flexibility in 2010) because the Spurs need a legit starter at the 4/5

The Jefferson trade is good even if the Spurs sign DPG21920 to play power forward.

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM

It's not up to Cuban because Bass is unrestricted free agent. That said, he shouldn't be that high on the priority list.

xellos88330
07-02-2009, 12:43 AM
The Jefferson trade is good even if the Spurs sign DPG21920 to play power forward.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Lets go get Walter Hermann!!! Trade Finley for Adam Morrison!!! Sign Robert Swift and Dice!! HAHA!! No thank you to Bass, he is the crappy XBOX 360 while Blair is the 360 Elite!! F You red rings of death!!

AFBlue
07-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I think ZaZa should be plan B. He would compliment our team better than anyone besides Sheed IMO.

Zaza is a second tier guy along with Bass and/or Gortat. Personally I think he's proven more than the other two, but the primary emphasis on Sheed or Dice is well placed.

Duncan2177
07-02-2009, 12:53 AM
I would rather have Varejao than Bass.

Ditty
07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Lets go get Walter Hermann!!! Trade Finley for Adam Morrison!!! Sign Robert Swift and Dice!! HAHA!! No thank you to Bass, he is the crappy XBOX 360 while Blair is the 360 Elite!! F You red rings of death!!

morrision sitting on the bench>finley

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
The more I think about it the more I am afraid of Gortat and Zaza, they just seem so mediocre. Bass is too small, would rather play Ian and Blair than deal with Bass. Need a real center.

sananspursfan21
07-02-2009, 12:55 AM
the only great thing about bass is he's young and has time to develop d and rebounding. wallace or mcdyess would be good for one season maybe two, but i want to see the spurs looking at the future now so we can hopefully enjoy them being contenders/champions for years to come.

phyzik
I'd rather start Blair before Bass. He is fucking tainted with the Dallas curse just like finley.

Fuck any Dall-ass player we can get, not fucking worth it. It's Sheed, McDyess, Zaza, Gortat or bust.

Baseline
1. Sheed
2. Dyess
3. Gortat
4. Zaza
5. Gooden
6. Bass

And please trade Finley.

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
morrision sitting on the bench>finley

Hell yeah he is, look at the way he sat on the Lakers bench, the best sitting I have ever seen! Look Morrison obviously had potential somewhere. If anyone can pull him to that it is Pop. If he can't he just ends up like Mateer Bateen, on the scrap heap.

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 01:02 AM
1. Sheed
2. Dyess
3. Gortat
4. Zaza
5. Gooden
6. Bass

And please trade Finley.

:tu

As said earlier, the Spurs need a starter. Bass is an OK bench player, but not a 30+ minute a night starter. He's a terrible rebounder and defender. I'll say again, folks on here criticized Gooden for being a black hole on offense. Bass is considerably worse. On the offensive side, Bass is relentless getting to the rim and is an EXCELLENT midrange shooter. Even with that, he's just too small to be a starter and therfore shouldn't rank higher on the priority list than say, Gooden.

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 01:03 AM
1. Dice- Hungry old man, good one year stop gap
2. Chris Anderson- everything we need plus has the AA hook up
3. Robert Swift- young and has a potential at 7 foot 1. Him and Blair can rub each others knees though
4. Sheed- Skilled and Old, lazy as of late. Would love to have him, but I have a bad feeling someone will over pay
5.Shelden Williams- Young and has potential
6. Gooden- we know who he is, sort of

No to Bass, Gortat, and Zaza... I know that is unpopular on these boards, but I have a feeling it is Nesterobitch all over again:hang

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 01:05 AM
6. Gooden- we know who he is, sort of

Don't you mean, "He IS who we thought he was."

Kori Ellis
07-02-2009, 01:05 AM

Huh?

Ignoring the rest of it... Why would McDyess come that cheap? He's coming off a season where he averaged nearly 10/10. That kind of rebounding is going to get you more than LLE money.

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Don't you mean, "He IS who we thought he was."

Exactly

Mr. Body
07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
3. Robert Swift- young and has a potential at 7 foot 1.

You're fucking kidding me.

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 01:11 AM

he has has potential, he just can't stay healthy. Do I think he can start now, hell no. 2 of the 3 is definitely true, he is young and 7'1

angelbelow
07-02-2009, 01:22 AM
zaza and gooden over bass. im not thrilled with his game. and i especially agree with timvp's analysis on bass. however, if it was bass for the lle and we would still use the mle on someone else than thats not bad.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2009, 01:45 AM

:lol

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 01:53 AM

Theoretically yes. If the Spurs do not sign a legit big:

1) Are they likely to win a title?

2) Is taking on RJ's contract a good thing?

Getting RJ for what the Spur gave up is good independently, but it means nothing in terms of giving the Spurs a legit shot to beat the best teams in the league. If that is the case, what is the point?

objective
07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
if the Spurs sign Bass they haven't learned a thing.

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Just to clarify, I love the RJ trade. I am just saying the Spurs are in all in mode. Bass as the best big will not cut it. But there is still plenty of time in FA.

crc21209
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
1. Sheed
2. Dyess
3. Gortat
4. Zaza
5. Gooden
6. Bass

And please trade Finley.

:tu to that list. I would even put Rasho fucking Nesterovic over Bass. We need people 6'10 and taller damn it!

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 03:15 AM

Bass is Malik Rose minus the rebounding, the defense, and the toughness. I guess he'd be a better 4 than Finley, but that's like saying it's not that bad to get punched in the face 'cause it hurts less than getting kicked in the balls.

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I agree with bb

Spurm
07-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Suck ass mofos..you will still SUCK next season...

montgod
07-02-2009, 03:35 AM

Wow... an Orlando poster on a Spurs forum? I guess someone is bored and sad since losing Turk. It's okay... Vince will cure all that ails you. You will see :lol

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Wow... an Orlando poster on a Spurs forum? I guess someone is bored and sad since losing Turk. It's okay... Vince will cure all that ails you. You will see :lol

It's probably the same bitter Rocketfan loser that's been trolling these boards for more than 10 years.

rayray2k8
07-02-2009, 04:27 AM
It's Louis.. He's mad cuz he's got a little prick. :lmao

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
What if we suck ass, I mean literally chow down on some brown ring? Does that mean we don't need to suck next season? I just want to know my options with your proposal. It is a little confusing.:married:

in2deep
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
what about Varejao dammit! too expensive huh?

bishopospurs
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed if we got the rather hair Vaj

spurspokesman
07-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Zaza is definetely plan c.

stxspurs
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM
we cant have bonner start ever again.....something tells me that we are gonna have to drop to plan c...or d=bring back oberto

urunobili
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Gist>Bass

Rev Hill
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Bass would be "ok", at the right price, but my preference would be to give the minutes Bass would have to either Blair or Gist. We don't need to be spending our MLE or part of it on another 6'8" guy. We need bigs and with Blair now, possibly Gist, we need some 6'9", preferable 6'11"+ bigs with a presence and shot blocking ability. Tim needs some help defense behind him and we haven't had that since #50.

I would look at a combination of the following big men:
-Wallace and Rasho
-McDyess and Rasho
-Gortat and McDyess or Gooden
-Trade for Camby (doubtful) and "trusted big body we can get per Min$"
-Gooden and Rasho (wouldn't thrill me very much but...)

I hear talk on ZaZa but he just doesn't impress me for the price he is going to demand (full MLE), so thats why I didn't include him in the mix above. I think the Spurs have some dollars to spend but many others do to. Its going to come down someone "wanting" to play for Pop and with Tim/Spurs. I think the Spurs will have a difficult time pulling off any additional trades, but they could surprise me. And don't forget Mahinmi. I think the Spurs are rolling the dice with Ian and expecting health and productivity from this guy finally.

in2deep
07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
for the money we can get somebody way better than Bass. Please no Bass.

Gino2882
07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Brandon Bass would be redundant. He is a really undersized PF (same height as Blair, but nowhere near his physicalness), who is not a very good rebounded and no threat as a shot blocker.

Someone like Gortat would at least provide rebounding and tremendous shot-blocking.

Mr. Body
07-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd like someone who can block shots, please.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
It puzzles me that the same people that are shitting on Gortat are pimping some of these other dudes..

Obstructed_View
07-02-2009, 05:08 PM
It puzzles me that the same people that are shitting on Gortat are pimping some of these other dudes..

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/HFORSTER_JUGGALO/thats_racist.gif