PDA

View Full Version : My sources re. Ariza situation (CALM DOWN)

milkshakeballa
07-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Everybody needs to come down. If you guys witnessed the Bynum negotiations last year it was the same exact routine. Their agent, David Lee, is quite franky an amateur. He really has no clue what he is doing. Look at what he has done with the Ariza situation and look at the mistakes he has made. He is actually DRIVING arizas value lower than it is. I feel bad for Trev but its HIS agent.

Anyways...during David and Mitch's phone conversation today Mitch never formally offered a #. it was basically go out and gather up some offers and we will match if its reasonable. But David can't come back with a $6 or $7 mil offer, he is only getting a few MLE deals, not even full deals. He is spouting off to ESPN trying to get Mitch to panick and overpay for his client, but Mitch will not bite. So relax...Ariza will be a Laker next year...the reason this is so crazy is because of David Lee. If he isn't careful he is going to be blackballed imo.

This is what my informant with LAL told me about an hour ago. One thing I am worried about though is if Mitch loses patience and goes after Artest. The minute he offers Artest the MLE he is a Laker. If Ariza doesn't put Lee in check like Bynum did last year (Get a deal done with the Lakers ASAP or else...) he could put himself in a VERY VERY undesirable situation with less money and years then he would have with LA.

CALM DOWN!

:toast

Udokafan05
07-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Keep telling yourselfs this. And how high up is your "informant"?

j-money24
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
I hope ariza is gone If he wants to get payed that much

La Peace
07-02-2009, 12:36 AM
^samezies.

milkshakeballa
07-02-2009, 12:37 AM
It isn't Ariza. It is Lee. This source has given be accurate info in the past. I put my rep on the line. Ariza knows he isn't going to get 8 or 9. Lee knows it too. Lee is just trying to get every penny out of Jerry he can.

KSeal
Keep telling yourselfs this. And how high up is your "informant"?

Go away Yankee fan.

scottspurs
Your source is a joke. Mitch is a joke. Where is Jerry to hold his hand?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Bynum's agent is anything but an amateur. He knows what he's doing if he got Bynum that contract.

milkshakeballa
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM

Your trade committee is a joke!

:king:whine

Mugen
07-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Bynum's agent is anything but an amateur. He knows what he's doing if he got Bynum that contract.

exactly.

milkshakeballa
07-02-2009, 12:41 AM

If Bynum was an UFA he would be getting max deals thrown his way right now from Detroit and OKC and Memphis. And I'm not going to say he got Bynum a bad deal, its OBVIOUSLY a very fair deal for an unproven center coming off an injury. But his tactics are very amateur like and not professional. Look up his past to seee what I'm talking about. And look at his WHOLE list of clients....4 guys...2 of which will not be in the league next year

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 12:42 AM
If Bynum was an UFA he would be getting max deals thrown his way right now from Detroit and OKC and Memphis.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

scottspurs
Your trade committee is a joke!

:king:whine

:wgaf:

milkshakeballa
If he was a GOOD agent...guys would be lining up for him.

He has no experience whatsoever.

I used to work for a sports agency so I'm very familiar with the industry.

07-02-2009, 12:43 AM
ariza's agent is the same as bynum's? shit, expect a $10 million contract for ariza.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I never said he was a good agent, I'm saying he ain't no amateur. Amateurs don't get players who have never had 1 consistently good season a $70 million contract.

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 12:47 AM
David Lee is one of the top agents in the game, but I do think he made mistakes. And also I know Mitch is not going to make the same mistake he made during the Bynum negotiations.

And why did you start another fucking thread when I was owning the other one?

Is it hard to suck your own d*ck when you have a vagina?

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 12:47 AM

And your full of shit meter rises.:lol

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Are you watching ESPN. Ariza said "I've been slapped in the face."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 12:51 AM
[/i][/b]

Is it hard to suck your own d*ck when you have a vagina?

It's hard for me to suck my own dick because I have a bad back....

21_Blessings
07-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Are you watching ESPN. Ariza said "I've been slapped in the face."

shut the fuck up. link?

07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
is ariza's agent also the same one as vujacic's and walton's in addition to bynum's? because they really got screwed in the negotiations. amateurs agents shouldn't be screwing their clients over.

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
shut the fuck up. link?

It was on sportscenter a few minutes ago. Right before Fisher came on and said "I hope we get both of them back, but thats the way contract negotations go. Sometimes you lose some guys its a business."

Purple & Gold
07-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Actually Bynum's contract is very reasonable. That's how much young bigs with potential get paid.

milkshakeballa
07-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Come on you guys are better than this. Lee didn't pull a fast one on the Lakers re. Bynum. It was a fair deal for both sides. His antics and professionalism are SORELY lacking which will be the downfall of his agency. Look at some of the things he has said re. Ariza today. He is driving DOWN the value of his own client lol. He explicitly stated he will not take an offer back to the Lakers to match. Does a good agent say these things...honestly?

This is not Ariza talking. Do you guys really think Ariza is going to leave LA for CLE for the SAME amount of $$$ because he feels disrespected????

Really????

I thought this was a knowledgable forum! :(

robbie380
07-02-2009, 01:08 AM

can we get rappin shaq's agent to confirm this?

crc21209
07-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Everybody needs to come down. If you guys witnessed the Bynum negotiations last year it was the same exact routine. Their agent, David Lee, is quite franky an amateur. He really has no clue what he is doing. Look at what he has done with the Ariza situation and look at the mistakes he has made. He is actually DRIVING arizas value lower than it is. I feel bad for Trev but its HIS agent.

Anyways...during David and Mitch's phone conversation today Mitch never formally offered a #. it was basically go out and gather up some offers and we will match if its reasonable. But David can't come back with a $6 or $7 mil offer, he is only getting a few MLE deals, not even full deals. He is spouting off to ESPN trying to get Mitch to panick and overpay for his client, but Mitch will not bite. So relax...Ariza will be a Laker next year...the reason this is so crazy is because of David Lee. If he isn't careful he is going to be blackballed imo.

This is what my informant with LAL told me about an hour ago. One thing I am worried about though is if Mitch loses patience and goes after Artest. The minute he offers Artest the MLE he is a Laker. If Ariza doesn't put Lee in check like Bynum did last year (Get a deal done with the Lakers ASAP or else...) he could put himself in a VERY VERY undesirable situation with less money and years then he would have with LA.

CALM DOWN!

:lol Keep telling yourself that man. Ariza is gone! Money talks succckaaaaaaa! It's going to be Portland ,Toronto, or Cleveland for Ariza.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Other then the Ariza trade Mitch sucks, the Gasol deal feel right in his lap and everything else he has done is overpaying scrubs like Vlad, Luke and Sasha and pissing off good players like Ariza. I wouldn't be surprised if Odom left at this point, it just a matter of time before Mitch offers him a four year deal worth 2 million total and Lamar says fuck this I'm out.

Bye Bye Trevor!!

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Other then the Ariza trade Mitch sucks, the Gasol deal feel right in his lap and everything else he has done is overpaying scrubs like Vlad, Luke and Sasha and pissing off good players like Ariza. I wouldn't be surprised if Odom left at this point, it just a matter of time before Mitch offers him a four year deal worth 2 million total and Lamar says fuck this I'm out.

Bye Bye Trevor!!

Seriously I can't believe how many people forget how shitty he was between 05-07

VivaPopovich
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM

CALM DOWN!

dunno why you need all these middle men to begin with

trevor should talk directly with mitch

21_Blessings
07-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Seriously I can't believe how many people forget how shitty he was between 05-07

People forget how shitty Mitch was during the three peat.

West built a Lakers dynasty and Mitch completely failed trying to replenish their depth. It's the reason they lost in 03/04. Absolutely no bench. I mean christ, he gave Devan fucking George 25 million and Slava Medvedenko started game 5 of the 2004 NBA finals.

But the thing about Mitch is he learned from his mistakes and has become a top tier General Manager. Not the best, but like top 5 at least. He has made some great recovery moves like trading Cook and Vlad's terrible contracts into good players.

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 03:26 AM

LA got off cheap for a guy whose worst case is Tim Duncan.

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 03:29 AM
I mean christ, he gave Devan fucking George 25 million and Slava Medvedenko started game 5 of the 2004 NBA finals.

So what? AC Green started every game of the 2000 Finals.

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 03:34 AM
This is not Ariza talking. Do you guys really think Ariza is going to leave LA for CLE for the SAME amount of $$$ because he feels disrespected????

He could always do what Stephen Jackson did and sign a 1 year deal and re-enter free-agency if he really believes he's better than the contract being offered (which Jackson ended up being right about). It's not unheard of for a player to walk if he feels disrespected.

Jace
07-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Really doubt you get Ariza for a MLE or as someone suggest Ron Artest

carrao45
07-02-2009, 03:50 AM

Pau Gasol, The Starting Laker PF and NBA Champ Says otherwise

carrao45
07-02-2009, 03:57 AM
LA got off cheap for a guy whose worst case is Tim Duncan.

Haha true, im not sold on Bynum. And if a guys worst case is TD, best case is like 45/25/10/5 Ppg/Rpg/Apg/Bpg

Allanon
07-02-2009, 04:13 AM
And if a guys worst case is TD, best case is like 45/25/10/5 Ppg/Rpg/Apg/Bpg

You're a freakin' homer. No way Bynum ever does that.

40/20/5 is more realistic for Bynum.

carrao45
07-02-2009, 04:16 AM
You're a freakin' homer. No way Bynum ever does that.

40/20/5 is more realistic for Bynum.

:lol I was joking because Baseline Bum (Faggot) jokingly said Bynum's worst case was SD. I kept it going. haha.

In all seriousness i think Bynum will be an Al Jefferson level player. Best case, a 25/12 guy

21_Blessings
07-02-2009, 04:22 AM

Huh? AC Green was a veteran with championship experience that still played decent defense and didn't have the BBIQ of a turnip. Slava was a terrible basketball player in all things that flared out of the NBA as soon as the Lakers dumped him.

Muser
07-02-2009, 05:29 AM
:lol I was joking because Baseline Bum (Faggot) jokingly said Bynum's worst case was SD. I kept it going. haha.

In all seriousness i think Bynum will be an Al Jefferson level player. Best case, a 25/12 guy

Bynums worst case is SpursDynasty :lmao

On topic with Ariza, i'll believe he's leaving when he signs with another team.

Allanon
07-02-2009, 06:25 AM

Hahah, yeah, Duncan might be a bit much for Bynum. but 25/12 would be pretty damn great too, I'll take it. :lol

I'm guessing on the low end, Bynum's an 18 & 10 guy, not too bad either.

ElNono
07-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Blazers can pay more than the MLE, and now Rudy is pissed. Ariza would be a good option to replace Fernandez.
Raptors can offer more money also.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Blazers can pay more than the MLE, and now Rudy is pissed. Ariza would be a good option to replace Fernandez.
Raptors can offer more money also.

One of those two teams can't once one of them signs Hedo. But it's rumored the one that misses out on Hedo will give Ariza a deal, but it is also rumored that the Raptors could offer David Lee a contract too, so Ariza may end up getting an above MLE contract offer or not.

mystargtr34
07-02-2009, 07:14 AM
One of those two teams can't once one of them signs Hedo. But it's rumored the one that misses out on Hedo will give Ariza a deal, but it is also rumored that the Raptors could offer David Lee a contract too, so Ariza may end up getting an above MLE contract offer or not.

Only thing is both of those teams are pretty much stacked at the PF position. Toronto with Bosh and Bargnani, and Portland with Aldridge. I dont think either of those teams will be looking to spend their cap on another PF, when both have weaknesses elsewhere.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2009, 07:51 AM
damnit, just saw all this ariza news...sign him mitch!, he's young and talented. I'm depressed

2Cleva
07-02-2009, 07:57 AM
The OP is all on it. Even the Cavs believe Ariza is trying to use them for leverage, Portland is about to get Hedo and Toronto's next target is David Lee of the Knicks and Kleiza - not Ariza.

urunobili
07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
The OP is all on it. Even the Cavs believe Ariza is trying to use them for leverage, Portland is about to get Hedo and Toronto's next target is David Lee of the Knicks and Kleiza - not Ariza.

:lol At the positive thinking strategy.... once it's on ESPN and reported by Broussard as it was... not much hope left...

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
:lol At the positive thinking strategy.... once it's on ESPN and reported by Broussard as it was... not much hope left...

Please. That simply ain't true. Two examples:

Example 1. When that Courtney Lee guy missed that layup in game two. Remember that? You wouldn't a known it the next morning on ESPN. It was like he made it and the series was 1-1. ESPN would not acknowledge that shot...I mean that miss. To this day, I say to this day ESPN still qualifies it like so: "Well, the Lakers won their 15th NBA Championship...uh, uh, uh, oh yeah, the Boston Celtics have 17 NBA Championships. Uh, oh yeah, the Lakers are Champions, but, if Lee had made those layups, and Howard a made those free throws, and uh, that girl up in Denver with the Lincoln Tunnel for a chute (poop style) hadn't taken a buyout, well then the Lakers wouldn't have their 15th. We'll get even, we got Simmons & Legs running circles back there conjuring & figeting."

Example 2. When that Fisher guy got that ball at .4 a few years back and then heaved it on in, ESPN that same night refused to acknowledge it (they watched you all take that fit) called for a Senate investigation (that may be the Magoof Bros. who called for the Senate investigation even earlier), but, just the same ESPN would not accept that Fisher make until Detroit beat us in the Finals. It was just awful.

JamStone
07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
And I'm not going to say he got Bynum a bad deal, its OBVIOUSLY a very fair deal for an unproven center coming off an injury.

$14.5 million a year is a very "fair deal" for an "unproven center coming off an injury?"

Robert Swift just got a boner.

kwamay_brown54
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
$14.5 million a year is a very "fair deal" for an "unproven center coming off an injury?"

Robert Swift just got a boner.

Seriously 14.5 million? At least give a half-hearted effort when you decide to troll, cmon man you're better than that.

urunobili
07-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Example 1. When that Courtney Lee guy missed that layup in game two. Remember that? You wouldn't a known it the next morning on ESPN. It was like he made it and the series was 1-1. ESPN would not acknowledge that shot...I mean that miss. To this day, I say to this day ESPN still qualifies it like so: "Well, the Lakers won their 15th NBA Championship...uh, uh, uh, oh yeah, the Boston Celtics have 17 NBA Championships. Uh, oh yeah, the Lakers are Champions, but, if Lee had made those layups, and Howard a made those free throws, and uh, that girl up in Denver with the Lincoln Tunnel for a chute (poop style) hadn't taken a buyout, well then the Lakers wouldn't have their 15th. We'll get even, we got Simmons & Legs running circles back there conjuring & figeting."

Example 2. When that Fisher guy got that ball at .4 a few years back and then heaved it on in, ESPN that same night refused to acknowledge it (they watched you all take that fit) called for a Senate investigation (that may be the Magoof Bros. who called for the Senate investigation even earlier), but, just the same ESPN would not accept that Fisher make until Detroit beat us in the Finals. It was just awful.

:loser

In game or series analysis vs free agent talk... you're in denial Laker fans... just start crying already... Ariza is leaving... that leaves you with choking Odom (if you're able to keep him too) and Sasha + Walton...

Even if summing up Artest I don't think they'd be as good as they were last year...

TheManFromAcme
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I love Trevor but if it's more $$$ he wants let him go. He was definitely a important component to the Lakers run this year but it's not like he's not replaceable. It's the Laker core of Pau, Kobe and Odom that really runs the show. During the three-peat years from 2000-2002 we lost key guys in each season but kept pretty much the same core. Mitch will work his Magic somehow, someway to fill that spot. Sasha may or may not have a break out season next year but it's not like we don't know he has the potential. Look at Trevor; the boy was an unknown until he got with the Lakers. My point? Stop making predictions that without Trevor the Lakers lost their shot at repeating. No one guy, especially at the caliber of Trevor, makes or breaks a team like the Lakers. Ridiculous to think that. Non-Fans of the Lakers will hold unto anything that has the appearance of hurting "that" team. Trevor was important but repeating does not fringe on his staying or not. We are talking about the Lakers here. They still want to exploit and take advantage of the years left in Kobe, Pau and Lamar. You can bank on it.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:55 AM
:loser

In game or series analysis vs free agent talk... you're in denial Laker fans... just start crying already... Ariza is leaving... that leaves you with choking Odom (if you're able to keep him too) and Sasha + Walton...

Even if summing up Artest I don't think they'd be as good as they were last year...

Please. Yer just stove up still over that .4 shot by D. Fish + that strike shortened ring you accepted. It's ok, "Spursfans", sure your team didn't win 4 rings in the decade like the Lakers, but, you did ok for yerselves.

urunobili
07-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Please. Yer just stove up still over that .4 shot by D. Fish + that strike shortened ring you accepted. It's ok, "Spursfans", sure your team didn't win 4 rings in the decade like the Lakers, but, you did ok for yerselves.

:lmao I couldn't care less about the past... We're talking about the 2010 Lakers future loss of Ariza not Fisher's great shot... As you have nothing to argue with... you're just being in denial trying to somehow hurt us... apart from trolling another team's board you're an attention whore too? :rollin

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 11:05 AM

Yeah make yourself believe ESPN hates the Lakers and Kobe. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin::lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:downspin::downspin::downspin::d ownspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::spin:clap:c lap:D:deadhorse:lmao

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
:lmao I couldn't care less about the past... We're talking about the 2010 Lakers future loss of Ariza not Fisher's great shot... As you have nothing to argue with... you're just being in denial trying to somehow hurt us... apart from trolling another team's board you're an attention whore too? :rollin

Methinks you doth protest too much, "Spursfans."

+ you got that Manu guy comin' back for ya's. And Duncan may separate from the floor for the first time in like 2 years. That'd be something for ya to look forward to.

But, one thing you ain't got: Fisher standin' there in Florida with that grin on his face, tellin' Kobe with those eyes: "we left these humps where we found 'em."

Uh, uh, you ain't got that, daddy-O.

Let us proceed...

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah make yourself believe ESPN hates the Lakers and Kobe. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin::lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:downspin::downspin::downspin::d ownspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::spin:clap:c lap:D:deadhorse:lmao

The poor things over at ESPN still can't figure out how to reanimate Red to get by Phil once & again. That one really stung.

tee, hee.

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Methinks you doth protest too much, "Spursfans."

+ you got that Manu guy comin' back for ya's. And Duncan may separate from the floor for the first time in like 2 years. That'd be something for ya to look forward to.

But, one thing you ain't got: Fisher standin' there in Florida with that grin on his face, tellin' Kobe with those eyes: "we left these humps where we found 'em."

Uh, uh, you ain't got that, daddy-O.

Let us proceed...

:wgaf: Really, did Fisher and Kobe make out after that?

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 11:15 AM
The poor things over at ESPN still can't figure out how to reanimate Red to get by Phil once & again. That one really stung.

tee, hee.

ESPN loves phil what are you talking about? Any reasonable fan will admit Red built his teams and that is why he is the greatest coach ever. I'm not saying Phil is bad, but he did walk into some pretty good situations. Get over it.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM

:wgaf: Really, did Fisher and Kobe make out after that?

Probably not, they was too busy takin' that charter back to California. That other charter? The one Orlando had scheduled? Nope. Uh, uh. Fisher punched that ticket, canx that f'er. One going back to CA. One!

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
:lol

That was well described.

Oh, Hell yes. Bout everybody had given up on D (Fish that is)...hoping, Hell, praying he'd given up on hisself. Nope. He never had a moments self doubt. Never even a smidge. He broke their ass...like he did at .4 Vs the Spurs.

I recall an interview with Kobe at the start of the playoffs and the guy asked him if he was playing angry. Kobe said yes. That he wished others on the team played with anger over the '08 Finals, that only Fisher was at that point.

It ain't Magic going left to right across parquet in '85 in MA., for 2 on that hook, and it ain't Worthy in tears in Los Angeles in '87 as he was informed he was Finals MVP, explaining at length how he'd tried too hard in Boston, but, coming home to Los Angeles he was able to execute his talent.

No, it ain't those, but, it's as good as it gets this day.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM

This is way earlier in the thread but why is AC Green being compared to Slava?

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
This is way earlier in the thread but why is AC Green being compared to Slava?

Neither of them fucked chicks while they were on the Lakers?

intlspurshk
07-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I thought LA is going to bankrupt. Same could happen to Lakers. No wonder they want to let go Ariza

Kobe™
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Instincts tell me Artest may be coming.

Sportcamper
07-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I like it when folks say "they have the inside scoop"...:lol
Ariza will follow the money...

Obstructed_View
07-02-2009, 10:45 PM

CALM DOWN!

pwn3d.

Spursmania
07-02-2009, 11:40 PM
lol...

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2009, 11:43 PM

CALM DOWN!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Trainwreck2100/barkerfail.jpg

1ytCEuuW2_A

Spurtacus
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM

CALM DOWN!

Sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut.

Trainwreck2100
07-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut.

Dude you need to calm down

BeeGee
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
http://sportstsar.com/freeagency/final-artest.jpg

Upgrade!

scottspurs
07-03-2009, 12:28 AM

CALM DOWN!

I guess your source was not that reliable after all.:lmao

LnGrrrR
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
DoK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>milkshakeballs

ginobili's bald spot
07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
lol urineobili