PDA

View Full Version : Did I possibly waste a lucky day?

phyzik
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
So yesterday I went to go wash my truck which has been sitting in the driveway forever. The car wash I went to was one of the bullshit token ones and the change machine only took $1's or $5's. I ran out of tokens as I was rinsing it off and I didnt have any dollar bills left and didnt want to waste 5 bucks for shitty tokens I dont need.

Luckily there is a Walgreens right next to the car wash, so I walk in and ask the lady if I could get change for a 5. She says the register doesnt open unless there is a purchase, she suggests buying some candy right there on the shelf since its for a good cause (money was being sent to some institution or something) so I figured what the hell. Picked up a KitKat and paid.

A long receipt printed out and the lady had this WTF look on her face. Turns out I won a 2nd place prize. No big deal, just a $25 gift card to Walgreens, still, pretty cool for just buying a cheap candy.

Anyway, it got me thinking this morning, what if it really was my lucky day and I blew it by not buying a lotto ticket or scratch off or something?

Did I screw up?

bigzak25
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
token car washes suck!

kit kat is not bad.

i never knew walgreen's had contests like that?

you should go spend $25 on scratchoffs. good luck!

BacktoBasics
07-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I ran some calculations and its safe to assume that if you win a 25 dollars Walgreens gift certificate it will translate to millions in the lotto 99.9% of the time.

timvp
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM

I. Hustle
07-02-2009, 10:24 AM
I ran some calculations and its safe to assume that if you win a 25 dollars Walgreens gift certificate it will translate to millions in the lotto 99.9% of the time.

Funny because according to my calculations it's 98.6% of the time which also translates into a long healthy life as 98.6 is normal human body temperature. Did you maybe forget to deduct the possibility that when he bought his new home that he would forget where he was the first night thus bumping the table in the hallway and cracking the hallway mirror?

SpursStalker
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM

ashbeeigh
07-02-2009, 10:45 AM
60% of the time. Works every time.

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
25bucks? go strippers yo

brettn
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
25bucks? go strippers yo

Fuck yea. High rollin' up to the strip club with $25. At least that'll pay for the cover.

SonOfAGun
07-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I never play the lottery-never even think about it, ever...but one day a couple years ago I had a dream that I won. The next day I did not buy a ticket. I'm pretty sure I passed up on my destiny that day :depressed