PDA

View Full Version : Ric Buscher Reports On Wallace And Odom

Duncan2177
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/

On espn NBA site under media Ric busher gave a radio broadcast interview about several players including Wallace and Odom.

1. According to Buscher possible that Lakers will made an offer to Wallace and let Odom walk. If that happens Spurs would give Odom the MLE

2. Wallace sucks according to the radio host.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
espn.go.com/nba

On espn NBA site under media Ric busher gave a radio broadcast interview about several players including Wallace and Odom.

1. According to Buscher possible that Lakers will made an offer to Wallace and let Odom walk. If that happens Spurs would give Odom the MLE

Ric Bucher is an idiot, though. Lakers aren't going to let Odom walk..they're already going to lose Ariza, it looks like. If they let both of these guys go, even with getting Wallace, they're screwed.

nkdlunch
07-02-2009, 11:20 AM
lose Odom for Wallace? that would be a stupid move of monumental proportions. Do it Lakers

nkdlunch
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
ok, thanks to ESPN and the Boston Celtics, Wallace is officially overhyped.

time to cooncentrate on plan B, for the Spurs

coyotes_geek
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Even if the lakers were to do this, as ridiculous as it would be, the teams with cap room would jump for Odom before the Spurs had a shot at him.

smrattler
07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
If Lakers lose both Ariza and Odom but add Wallace, I still see that as them taking a step back.

The size advantage the Lakers have is that they can play Odom with Pau and Bynum. You can't play Wallace with them. And if you lose Ariza, you lose the best replacement for Odom in that lineup.

Besaides, Wallace would come off the bench? On a team that just won the title? That sure looks like coat-tail riding and very un-Wallace like.

ElNono
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM

What's that? Bonner/Finley at C?

pad300
If it happens, that is the best deal the Spurs could get.

spurs_fan_in_exile
That would be insane. Granted Wallace could probably be had cheaper than Odom, but that's about the only plus I see in it for LA. And according to Lakers fans here Buss has no problems breaking the bank this offseason to keep everyone coming back. He's more versatile than Wallace, has shown he can work well in the Triangle, and the biggest knocks on him (inconsistency and mental errors) are the same ones that Wallace has.

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Ric bucher is pulling stuff out of his ass now. Why would the lakers want wallace over Odom? They already have two big men in Gasol and Bynum. They need Odom's versatility. Their big men would be to slow. Athletic teams would destroy them.

ulosturedge
07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
I think the jury is still out weather or not Wallace has anything left. Plan A or B works fine for me.

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
IF the Fakers get Wallace, Spurs fans shoiuld cringe because no one defends Duncan better than him. I don't like Odom that much. Love his ability, but not his brain or heart. If the Spurs can't get Wallace, I'd rather have Dice.

Spursfan092120
Rasheed ain't going to LA...Rasheed is going to Boston or SA, book it. It's all about driving up the price, but neither team can pay more than the MLE, so it doesn't matter. Boston is bringing back House, Davis, and probably Powe...and they want to bring Marbury back too..they won't have the money to pay more than the MLE, and we all know SA doesn't have the money either...he'll go somewhere for the MLE....LA will lose Ariza and keep Odom...and San Antonio will have a good shot at knocking them off, but it will still be tough as hell.

lefty
Bucher is a retard

Odom is more versatile than Sheed , and good luck with dealing with egos :

- Gasol wants to start
- Sheed wants to start
- Bynum wants to start

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I've always thought Bucher had credibility. This really makes me wonder.

tmtcsc
The crap with Ariza is a smokescreen to me. He'd re-sign with them IF they up their offer...which they might. If they can get Sheed to come over for the MLE, then they could resign Ariza for more.

Ariza has never been through negotiations like this and I imagine that he's taking way too personally. He'll calm down and realize that his 1 Good season / Not Great season had a lot to do with the system he played in . Don't get crazy with the $$ right now. Take your raise, keep improving your game and the $$ will come.

Smart move by the Lakers to let him know they aren't going to be bullied in to a stupid offer. Maybe 6 mill a year for 4 years with the 4th as a player option.

spurspokesman
ok, thanks to ESPN and the Boston Celtics, Wallace is officially overhyped.

Exactly. He is a great fit but we can still win with a lesser caliber player

montgod
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Not sure why this was posted since it is an older interview... but for what it's worth:

I just listened to the interview and from my standpoint, the interview was strickly Buscher's opinion and a day late (he also reported on Gordon and Charlie V. visiting Detroit).

And to add to the summary, Buscher stated that he felt the Lakers weren't fully impressed with Odom's playoff performance and wanted to shake it up with a player like Rasheed who they know will bring it in the playoffs. In believing this, he thinks the Lakers would go after Rasheed and San Antonio would end up with Odom.

The rest of the interview was corny...and just fluff. Does it make any sense whatsoever? No... but what else would you expect from Buscher.

tmtcsc
07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Sheed wants $$$$$$. That's number 1. If he can't get it and the money will be the same, then he wants to be in a position to:

A. Win
B. Start
C. Be happy

I'd say that would give Boston a slight edge over us. However, we have lower taxes in TX and that may be a factor.

lefty
07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I've always thought Bucher had credibility. This really makes me wonder.
Anybody from ESPN has 0 credibility

George Gervin's Afro
07-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Why would Odom take the MLE from us? He is worth much more than that. Why would LA pick Wallace over Odom? None of this makes sense.

Libri
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM

If Wallace sucks, then why would the Lakers want him. Is Bucher looking for attention?

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I think ESPN is just making shit up now..well not just now, they always have..

spurspokesman
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Rasheed ain't going to LA...Rasheed is going to Boston or SA, book it. It's all about driving up the price, but neither team can pay more than the MLE, so it doesn't matter. Boston is bringing back House, Davis, and probably Powe...and they want to bring Marbury back too..they won't have the money to pay more than the MLE, and we all know SA doesn't have the money either...he'll go somewhere for the MLE....LA will lose Ariza and keep Odom...and San Antonio will have a good shot at knocking them off, but it will still be tough as hell.
This is it. Rasheeds wagen is using the hype as leverage.and if he wants to win hell be taking less to do it. Or else get money and be happy with mediocrity. Hopefull the former is the case.

spurspokesman
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
This is it. Rasheeds agent is using the hype as leverage.and if he wants to win hell be taking less to do it. Or else get money and be happy with mediocrity. Hopefully the former is the case.

montgod
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
The interview is OLD and based on Buscher's opinion!! Someone else should actually listen to it before assuming any of the info is true. Once you do, you will be like... that was a pointless interview.

Then again... I guess we have time to kill while we wait for a move to happen.

Streakyshooter08
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
As much as I would like Odom, I just don't see how he would take the MLE.

SenorSpur
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Why would Odom take the MLE from us? He is worth much more than that. Why would LA pick Wallace over Odom? None of this makes sense.

Perfect question. I just don't know where he's going to get that type of jack.

Somehow I just can't see Odom on the Spurs.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
This is it. Rasheeds agent is using the hype as leverage.and if he wants to win hell be taking less to do it. Or else get money and be happy with mediocrity. Hopefully the former is the case.
hopefully.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
The interview is OLD and based on Buscher's opinion!! Someone else should actually listen to it before assuming any of the info is true. Once you do, you will be like... that was a pointless interview.

Then again... I guess we have time to kill while we wait for a move to happen.
Actually, it's not that old...he posted some bullshit like this on his Twitter too...but like I said...Bucher's an idiot...pay attention to Broussard...he's a lot more NBA intelligent...

vander
07-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Perfect question. I just don't know where he's going to get that type of jack.

Somehow I just can't see Odom on the Spurs.

yeah all I ever hear is how much he likes LA and beaches, and they can offer him as much as anyone, and they just won the Championship with him. why mess with a winning formula?

scottspurs
07-02-2009, 11:41 AM
http://search.espn.go.com/ric-bucher/

Bucher is complaining because he hasn't been able to go to the beach in 5 days. What has he been doing, because wherever he's getting his information they are playing a monumental joke on him.

montgod
07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Actually, it's not that old...he posted some bullshit like this on his Twitter too...but like I said...Bucher's an idiot...pay attention to Broussard...he's a lot more NBA intelligent...

It is old because he was talking about Gordon and Charlie V. visiting Detroit that day when we all already know that they signed on. It's nothing new... just more speculation before anything really began.

Libri
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
yeah all I ever hear is how much he likes LA and beaches, and they can offer him as much as anyone, and they just won the Championship with him. why mess with a winning formula?

Exactly, the Lakers priority this off-season will be to maintain themselves intact.

TimDunkem
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Ric is an idiot. He only discloses his inside info after everyone else does. Anything else he says is just speculation or proclamations. He also said Z-bo was untradable.

baseline bum
07-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Ric bucher is pulling stuff out of his ass now. Why would the lakers want wallace over Odom? They already have two big men in Gasol and Bynum. They need Odom's versatility. Their big men would be to slow. Athletic teams would destroy them.

If they let Odom and Ariza walk and sign Wallace they'd be looking at about an $80 million payroll as opposed to the $90 million one they'd have with Odom and Ariza.

coyotes_geek
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Ric is an idiot. He only discloses his inside info after everyone else does. Anything else he says is just speculation or proclamations. He also said Z-bo was untradable.

Ric is an idiot, but you can't get on him about saying Randolph was untradeable. Logic goes out the window when the Grizzlies get involved.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
It is old because he was talking about Gordon and Charlie V. visiting Detroit that day when we all already know that they signed on. It's nothing new... just more speculation before anything really began.
The article may be old, but he still feels that way..he posted it a few days ago on his Twitter.

TimDunkem
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Ric is an idiot, but you can't get on him about saying Randolph was untradeable. Logic goes out the window when the Grizzlies get involved.

Agreed but the point is Bucher is never right. Anytime he says something, I'm going to think the opposite. :lol

montgod
07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Agreed but the point is Bucher is never right. Anytime he says something, I'm going to think the opposite. :lol

In that case, the Spurs get Wallace and the Lakers get Odom back.

Heath Ledger
07-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Still fantasizing bout Sheed going to San Antonio. LOL ain't happening cowboy.

rayray2k8
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
That makes zero sense... Nobody i buying what this idiot is saying.

rjv
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
The crap with Ariza is a smokescreen to me. He'd re-sign with them IF they up their offer...which they might. If they can get Sheed to come over for the MLE, then they could resign Ariza for more.

Ariza has never been through negotiations like this and I imagine that he's taking way too personally. He'll calm down and realize that his 1 Good season / Not Great season had a lot to do with the system he played in . Don't get crazy with the $$ right now. Take your raise, keep improving your game and the $$ will come.

Smart move by the Lakers to let him know they aren't going to be bullied in to a stupid offer. Maybe 6 mill a year for 4 years with the 4th as a player option.

unless ariza pulls a stephen jackson

ginobilized
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
The only perspective that makes sense on the Wallace to the Lakers conjecture is that the Lakers know Sheed and the Spurs would be a formidable combo. It'd be a preemptive strike and save them some money...it's probably just a bunch of crap though.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Still fantasizing bout Sheed going to San Antonio. LOL ain't happening cowboy.
You do remember when he begged your crappy Pistons to trade him to SA last year, don't you? And how he's said he wants to play in warmer weather? And how he and Pop are very close...but yeah..he'd never play here for the same amount of money that he would get in Boston, even when he wanted to play here last year...no way...

:rolleyes