PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Rasheed Wallace Thread

phxspurfan
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Wallace's personality fits this team? He would be a cancer here. We already have 4 superstars (real ones, sorry Detroit) and adding another star ego to this roster would only cause trouble.

I'm going to say that if he makes the team he will have made at least one trip to Pop's DNP doghouse by December.

nkdlunch
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
yes you are the only one.

tp2021
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
yes you are the only one.

Gino2882
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't see his ego being a problem. He actually doesn't even like being the #1 scoring option. He enjoys being a 2nd or 3rd option.

I think he would fit PERFECTLY on this team. Would be as good a compliment next to Duncan as you could find.

Wallace
Duncan

That would be the perfect frontcourt to close out the last years of Duncan.

Nathan Explosion
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Rasheed played for Larry Brown and thrived. Pop is a Brown disciple. What make you think playing for Pop is any different than playing for Larry Brown?

Summers
Quick temper doesn't equal locker room cancer. His teammates have always liked him.

Libri
I've heard that he is a real good teammate. His problem is on the court with the officials.

robert1886
07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
yea not a problem...if anything we might need a lil fire up on the court from time to time

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
wallace would probably laugh at pop when pop pulls a tantrum in his face....

im pretty sure pop, rc and duncan are somewhere in texas atm with wallace, talkin about a contract over nice wine and a kilo of fresh grass....

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-02-2009, 11:48 AM
The situation in Portland was so cancerous that the only thing missing from that roster was one of Lance Armstrong's testicles. When he got out of that and into Detroit with a strong head coach (Larry Brown, who is Pop's mentor), a solid core with some veteran leaders, and a chance to play with a chance to really win something he became by most accounts an exemplary teammate. The technicals and emotions didn't go away but they subsided to some extent. Basically, if any team is in a position to replicate the environment that made Rasheed a success in Detroit it is in San Antonio.

Now, at his age, there could be some questions about his physical ability to give the Spurs exactly what they need, but ego is pretty low on my list of concerns. I do think you're right that he'll make brief visit or two to the dog house because a problem his entire career has been emotions and frustration leading to mental mistakes on the court. We've seen how Pop's handled such issues in the past.

Spursfan092120
07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Wallace would handle his emotions..he has respect for Pop, and he knows Pop won't take his shit. If he signs with SA, he will be signing with that in mind.

Double-Up
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Wallace's personality fits this team? He would be a cancer here. We already have 4 superstars (real ones, sorry Detroit) and adding another star ego to this roster would only cause trouble.

I'm going to say that if he makes the team he will have made at least one trip to Pop's DNP doghouse by December.

Four superstars? Two at most...

Agloco
07-02-2009, 11:54 AM
The situation in Portland was so cancerous that the only thing missing from that roster was one of Lance Armstrong's testicles.........

Heh,

Without imagery, I'd say Rasheed would be a decent fit here. I think the primary concern would be his motivational mindset. There's going to have to be a very good assessment of where Sheed is emotionally at this point by the FO.

SA210
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
We need a gangster on this team. We need someone with an attitude. We miss the roughness of Horry and Stephen Jackson. We need that again.

Rasheed :tu

DMX7
07-02-2009, 12:16 PM

I don't see a DNP in his future but I do know what you're talking about.

rayray2k8
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Dude, we don't even know if the spurs are even gonna be able to land Wallace!
Just stfu and wait to see what happens....

G-Nob
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I prefer this thread over all the other 'sheed threads. This is better than Scola

galvatron3000
07-02-2009, 02:00 PM