PDA

View Full Version : Oral Sex Safe and Not Really Sex, Say U.S. Teens

Nbadan
04-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Oral Sex Safe and Not Really Sex, Say U.S. Teens
April 4, 2005

CHICAGO (Reuters) - One in five U.S. teenagers say they have engaged in oral sex, an activity that some adolescents view as not sex at all and certainly less risky than intercourse, a report released Monday said.
The survey of 580 children with a mean age of 14-1/2 found 20 percent said they had engaged in oral sex, compared to 14 percent who said they had engaged in sexual intercourse.

In addition, one-third of the multi-ethnic 9th graders surveyed said they intended to have oral sex within the next six months and nearly one-fourth planned to have intercourse during the period. It was more common for boys to have performed oral sex on girls than vice versa, the report said.

Previous studies and numerous campaigns aimed at deterring teenaged sex have focused on intercourse, but as many as half of adolescents experience oral sex first, the report said.....

Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/04/04/oral_sex_safe_and_not_really_sex_say_us_teens)

Let the lynching of Bill Clinton begin, but keep in mind that the right shares equal responsibility for this outrage by teaching kids that there are other ways to 'relieve themselves' without engaging in sexual intercourse.

April 1, 2005 | New Rule: Abstinence pledges make you horny.

A new eight-year study just released reveals that American teenagers who take "virginity" pledges of the sort so favored by the Bush administration wind up with just as many STDs as the other kids.
But that's not all -- taking the pledges also makes a teenage girl six times more likely to perform oral sex, and a boy four times more likely to get anal. Which leads me to an important question: where were these pledges when I was in high school?

- Bill Maher, Salon.com (http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2005/04/01/abstinence/index.html)

desflood
04-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Well, it's official - teenagers are idiots.

polandprzem
04-04-2005, 02:34 PM
that's the freedom!

Not just teens are idiots

Dre_7
04-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, when it comes to teens and sex, the sex education doesnt have much of an effect. Regardless of which side the education is comming from. Teens having sex has a lot more to do with the society as a whole. This society and this country has embraced a culture centered around pleasure. Its all about "me, and how I can get pleasure." Sex is used for everything. From selling a box of cereal, to chewing gum. Young people are being told and taught from almost every direction, that casual sex at an early age is ok. They are actually being told that they should have sex. That they "are not 'normal' if they dont have sex." That "everyone is doing it, and you wont be cool if you dont have sex." They are not, for the most part, being told about the negative aspects of premarital sex. Society hides that part. Its very sad.

I work with middle schoolers, and I see this all the time. Even when parents, schools (some of them), churches, and others are trying to tell them about the negatives of early sex, and the positives of waiting, its a hard message to get accross when they are being told the exact oppisite from everywhere else.

So, I guess I believe that abstinence should be a part of sex ed, but, I dont think it will have much of an impact unless society (media, etc) changes. I dont see society changing though. So I will just continue to pray for the youth and reach out to them and let them know that there is a better way.

Just my opinion.

Clandestino
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
its the damn abstinence only teaching!

Spurminator
04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I never equated oral sex with actual sex as a teenager, and I really don't today either. Obviously you need to be careful with both, and they all have consequences, but the simple fact is that only one kind of sex can get you knocked up.

desflood
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I never equated oral sex with actual sex as a teenager, and I really don't today either. Obviously you need to be careful with both, and they all have consequences, but the simple fact is that only one kind of sex can get you knocked up.
Another simple fact is that any kind of sex can get you all sorts of fun diseases.

Dre_7
04-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Another simple fact is that any kind of sex can get you all sorts of fun diseases.

Good book: Epidemic by Meg Meeker, M.D.
A book about all those nasty little STD's that "our kids" are getting

P.S.- When typing the title of a book, do I underline or Italisize (sp?)??

mookie2001
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
thats why i like teenage girls

Spurminator
04-04-2005, 04:34 PM

All kinds can get you diseases. Only one can get you pregnant. Thus, they are not "equal." One is more consequential than the other. That's not to say they are not BOTH consequential to some degree, but not to the same degree.

Al Sharpton
04-04-2005, 05:28 PM
White folks come up with some fucked up shit sometimes.

desflood
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
All kinds can get you diseases. Only one can get you pregnant. Thus, they are not "equal." One is more consequential than the other. That's not to say they are not BOTH consequential to some degree, but not to the same degree.
I would rather get pregnant than AIDS. One is temporary. The other is forever.

tsb2000
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
I would rather get pregnant than AIDS. One is temporary. The other is forever.

-and worse than that, forever becomes pretty temporary. :depressed

BronxCowboy
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Kind of on the topic . . . anybody seen music videos or listened to the radio lately? No wonder kids feel like they should be getting their freak on. Folks are just exploiting their hormones for a cheap buck. There's not much in the entertainment industry showing them how to respect themselves and to respect each other. Without that and with all the sexual images out there, abstinence is understandably difficult.

Dre_7
04-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Kind of on the topic . . . anybody seen music videos or listened to the radio lately? No wonder kids feel like they should be getting their freak on. Folks are just exploiting their hormones for a cheap buck. There's not much in the entertainment industry showing them how to respect themselves and to respect each other. Without that and with all the sexual images out there, abstinence is understandably difficult.

BINGO!!!!!

2pac
04-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Teens are just following the example set forth by the President as they grew up.

sickdsm
04-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Teens are more responsible today that in '93. I can't remember the report that was released, probably the same one except not spun. In '93 there was 19.X teens that got pregnant out of every 1000. Today the number has dropped to something like 11-12. Not only that but less are doing drugs and teen crime has gone down too.

They called it perhaps the next greatest generation.

One in five U.S. teenagers say they have engaged in oral sex, an activity that some adolescents view as not sex at all.

You really set yourself up with posting this line. I certainly remember Bill under oath asking about the definition of sex.

Solid D
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
People, young and old, can justify just about anything in their own minds.

Dre_7
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Teens are more responsible today that in '93. I can't remember the report that was released, probably the same one except not spun. In '93 there was 19.X teens that got pregnant out of every 1000. Today the number has dropped to something like 11-12. Not only that but less are doing drugs and teen crime has gone down too.

They called it perhaps the next greatest generation.

One in five U.S. teenagers say they have engaged in oral sex, an activity that some adolescents view as not sex at all.

You really set yourself up with posting this line. I certainly remember Bill under oath asking about the definition of sex.

Well, yes, teen pregnancies have dropped. But thats misleading. Its because birth control has been made more available to young kids (some as young as 10 or 11!!!). BUT, STD's have gotten higher. Thats because Condoms and BC Pills dont protect kids as much as they are told they do.

There is NO SUCH THING AS SAFE SEX!!!

GoldToe
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Where were all these head loving chicks when I was in school?

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Oral sex is safe as far as HIV is concerned. Sex with a condom is safe if you buy decent rubbers that don't bust. Anal's the one that's dangerous as fuck (especially for the girl / catcher).

desflood
04-05-2005, 08:45 PM
WHAT? No, sorry. HIV can be transmitted via any bodily fluids. Therefore, oral sex is NOT SAFE.

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
HIV is transmitted by blood. If the body fluids come into contact with a bleeding area then there's a small chance, but blood mixing with blood is the cause in the vast, vast majority of cases.... hence, the risk being much much worse for unprotected anal vs unprotected vaginal sex.

desflood
04-05-2005, 09:00 PM
HIV is not only transmitted by blood. It is just the most likely way to get it.

HIV in the Environment

Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well in the environment, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears.

Dre_7
04-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Oral sex is safe as far as HIV is concerned. Sex with a condom is safe if you buy decent rubbers that don't bust. Anal's the one that's dangerous as fuck (especially for the girl / catcher).

You can get HIV through oral sex.

Also, condoms are not as safe as we are lead to believe.

If used correctly 100% of the time condoms slip or break 2 to 4% of the time.
If used correctly, they reduce the risk of getting HIV by 87%
If used correctly, they reduce the risk of getting Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Syphilis by only 50%!!
If used correctly, they reduce the risk of getting HPV and Herpes less than 1%!!!

And those numbers are only if they are used correctly 100% of the time.
Studies show that condoms are used incorrectly 1/3 of the time by college students. If college students use them incorrectly 1/3 of the time, I cant imagine younger kids using them any better.

Safe Sex is a lie!

Drachen
04-05-2005, 10:19 PM
[B]Oral Sex Safe and Not Really Sex, Say U.S. Teens
April 4, 2005

Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/04/04/oral_sex_safe_and_not_really_sex_say_us_teens)

Let the lynching of Bill Clinton begin, but keep in mind that the right shares equal responsibility for this outrage by teaching kids that there are other ways to 'relieve themselves' without engaging in sexual intercourse.

- Bill Maher, Salon.com (http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2005/04/01/abstinence/index.html)

Bill Maher went on to say that "these kids did with their pledges what people do with contracts, they found loopholes . . . two of them to be exact."

then

"Well, at least we know that our teenagers are learning to think outside the 'box'"
:lol

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Condoms don't slip if you roll them all the way back.

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 10:33 PM
HIV is carried in trace amounts in bodily fluid. Like I said, the chance is very very small that it can get in through an open cut on the person taking the fluid in. Blood has much higher concentrations of HIV in an infected individual, and thus it's the real danger. I've yet to hear a documented case of someone getting HIV just from swallowing their partners nut or eating them out. If you have cuts in your mouth or on your lips then it's a slight danger. If you fuck them in the ass hard it's a pretty low danger. If you get fucked in the ass hard then it's pretty fucking dangerous since a cock is going to rip lots of new cuts in your soft anal tissues, plus any fluids are going to be pushed into those cuts by the bozack.

desflood
04-06-2005, 10:45 AM
What a classy way of putting it :rolleyes
Once again, you're not likely to contract HIV from fluids other than blood, but IT IS POSSIBLE. I'd go get some tests done if I were you.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
What a classy way of putting it :rolleyes
Once again, you're not likely to contract HIV from fluids other than blood, but IT IS POSSIBLE. I'd go get some tests done if I were you.

I'd mind my own business if I were you.

desflood
04-06-2005, 11:34 AM
:angel Just a suggestion to a fellow human being who is either uninformed or in denial.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Since we're on the subject, I think it's a good idea just about everyone get tested actually. I haven't gone in to get tested in over a year, but I've been on a monogamous relationship for over a year. However, before that, I got tested on a pretty regular basis, just to be sure.

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I have been tested. In this day and age it's crazy not to be. The counselor looked at me like I was crazy for even requesting a test when I told her I use rubbers almost every time. In counseling they tell you not to engage in anal or vaginal sex bareback, and that things such as oral are very high risk for other diseases, but present virtually no risk as far as HIV is concerned. I've also taken a college class about HIV which said pretty much the same thing.

Why do you say my post wasn't classy? Should I sugar coat it? I'm just trying to tell the truth. When I talk to high school kids in Texas they're shocked that anal sex is the main culprit, because the schools don't tell them that when they discuss HIV. How fucking ridiculous is it that this is not mentioned? Abstinence only education is bullshit. I knew a couple of girls in high school who would take it in the ass so that they could remain virgins (in their on warped minds). Do you think they'd be doing that crap if they knew how dangerous it was?

All this talk of every single sex act being capable of killing you is total bullshit propogated to scare kids away from 'dirty' acts like sex. It doesn't work and never will, because there is nothing stronger than the libido. People need to know the truth, not some bs intended to manipulate their actions.

Spurminator
04-06-2005, 12:17 PM
There's a chance an airplane could crash into your apartment while you're having oral sex too. Probably similar odds as getting HIV.

desflood
04-06-2005, 12:17 PM
HIV is carried in trace amounts in bodily fluid. Like I said, the chance is very very small that it can get in through an open cut on the person taking the fluid in. Blood has much higher concentrations of HIV in an infected individual, and thus it's the real danger. I've yet to hear a documented case of someone getting HIV just from swallowing their partners nut or eating them out. If you have cuts in your mouth or on your lips then it's a slight danger. If you fuck them in the ass hard it's a pretty low danger. If you get fucked in the ass hard then it's pretty fucking dangerous since a cock is going to rip lots of new cuts in your soft anal tissues, plus any fluids are going to be pushed into those cuts by the bozack.
Sounds like high society conversation to me.

desflood
04-06-2005, 12:21 PM
By the way, I have to disagree with your statement that "there is nothing stronger than the libido." It's called free will. You can choose to have sex, or not.

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Exactly. I'm not afraid to walk in the rain, even though there's a chance I get struck by lightning. Such is the chance to get HIV from giving / receiving oral sex.

I like to do it and have it done to me. I can't imagine life without getting the occassional blowjob. It's very risky for STDs, but it won't kill me and if I get gonnorhea or chlymidia I would just go get the shot / antibiotics / whatever. HIV is scary as hell, but thankfully it's very hard to transmit. Herpes is of course something to watch out for since it's incurable, but the only way to diagnose it is by symptoms (ie, genital or mouth sores). Counselors have told me getting a blood test for herpes is worthless because almost everyone has it in and will test positive.

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm just stating the truth. How am I supposed to sugar coat the fact that rough anal sex tears up a person's fragile anal tissues, while a dick is constantly pushing bloood into those wounds? That's how HIV gets transmitted.

Acting like people should just say no to sex is ridiculous. Maybe you think it's a dirty act, but I don't care. It's the most pleasurable thing in the world, and it disgusts me that the religious nuts spread misinformation to scare people into steering clear of the act they think is dirty. Newsflash: most people love it, and only those in denial can think it's not the strongest force in a person. It's intinct... there's no changing it. We're programmed to want to fuck, as is every other living mammal.

desflood
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Sure you're not thinking of HPV? That's more common than herpes, I think. There's no cure for that either.

desflood
04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm just stating the truth. How am I supposed to sugar coat the fact that rough anal sex tears up a person's fragile anal tissues, while a dick is constantly pushing bloood into those wounds? That's how HIV gets transmitted.

Acting like people should just say no to sex is ridiculous. Maybe you think it's a dirty act, but I don't care. It's the most pleasurable thing in the world, and it disgusts me that the religious nuts spread misinformation to scare people into steering clear of the act they think is dirty. Newsflash: most people love it, and only those in denial can think it's not the strongest force in a person. It's intinct... there's no changing it. We're programmed to want to fuck, as is every other living mammal.
#1. I'm simply saying there might be better ways to say it! My parents always taught me to speak like a lady, even if we were blue-collar.
#2. I have 3 children. I OBVIOUSLY LOVE SEX!!!!
#3. It is instinct. But we are above the beasts of the field, and as humans have the ability to deny our instincts when they may lead us into something that may not be in our better interest.

baseline bum
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Nah, I was referring to herpes (although I know HPV can show similar symptoms). Even though HPV is incurable and can contribute one of the 5 or so mutations necessary to develop cancer, it's not the same class as HIV (which is a death sentence if untreated).

I've talked to people who were HIV positive (did community service where I worked with a lot of infected people), and they all got it from unprotected sex or IV drug injection... almost all of the unprotected sex were women or gay men who received anal sex.

The disease is scary as hell. Even though the cocktails of drugs are working wonders, they're still brutal to take. I talked to one woman who had such horrible reactions to the drugs she decided she'd rather stop taking them and let the full-blown AIDS take effect and kill her (by this time she was in really bad shape). I spoke to people who had perfect responses to the drugs who told me they still always had nasty, strong metallic tastes in their mouths. The drugs are also expensive as hell.

With how brutal HIV infection is, people should know how you get it. If you go telling kids a blowjob is going to give it to them, they'll still do it.... only they'll think, screw it... I can already get it from head. Why use a condom when I bang her or why make him use a condom when he bangs me... we've already thrown caution to the wind? In their minds it's all the same because that's how it's taught to them. Do you think someone's going to come to the same conclusion if they knew getting HIV from head is as likely as getting struck by lightning? Meanwhile, receiving anal from someone with a high viral load is equivalent roughly to playing Russian Roulette. Big world of difference and people should know it.

sickdsm
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM
The human is the only one that fucks for pleasure. Don't confuse the pleasure with reproduction.

Ginobilly
04-06-2005, 03:35 PM

Damn right! But don't get pissed off like most parents when their teenage daugthers get fucked us by horny young guys. You did it to someone else's, don't get mad when they do it to yours.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2005, 03:48 PM
The human is the only one that fucks for pleasure. Don't confuse the pleasure with reproduction.

Wrong, you may want to take look at some chimps.

baseline bum
04-07-2005, 02:35 AM
Sex is awesome too... marriage is for the one you love.

SpursWoman
04-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Wrong, you may want to take look at some chimps.

Isn't it like dolphins or something also? :fro

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 02:52 PM
WHO THE HELL ARE U FUCKIN? O WAIT....I FIGURED IT OUT..... IS IT HER? (TUBGIRL.COM)

Nice. Do you really think you are funny?

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know about dolphins, but there are several varieties of chimps, such as the bonoabos, whom go as far as masterbation. They definetly have sexuality based on pleasure.

Dre_7
04-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't know about dolphins, but there are several varieties of chimps, such as the bonoabos, whom go as far as masterbation. They definetly have sexuality based on pleasure.

Of course. If sex was just for procreation, it wouldnt have been made to be pleasurable.

Drachen
04-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Of course. If sex was just for procreation, it wouldnt have been made to be pleasurable.

Not necessarily true. It was made pleasurable to encourage procreation. If it wasnt pleasurable, then it would just be work, and what caveman wants to do pointless work.

JoeChalupa
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I've always found oral sex pleasurable.