PDA

View Full Version : Pistons fans on this site-my take

poop
07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
ive noticed each teams' fanbase has a distinct 'personality' on here. all too often they seem to hold true to the stereotypes.

one thing ive noticed, is that In General the pistons fans seem to be especially level-headed, making intelligent, unbiased, sold contributions. especially Jamstone, who no matter how long his posts are i will take time to read them. quality.

as far as Lakers fans, its pretty mch as expected-a bunch of entitled, hallow, mostly bandwagoning asshats with little to contribute other than 'we are the lakers Hate Us oh yeahhh 15 'titles'' type garbage. except Allanon who is by far the best lakers fan poster.

Suns fans were for a time the douchiest in the NBA, but (thankfully)they have fallen into oblivion along with their 'team', so they are no longer a factor at all.

and finally we come to the Mavs fans, who have been for half a decade now the single biggest Douches in the NBA. there are tons of them, but they are all exactly the same poster, nothing but empty wankery and an unparalleled level of 'we think we belong at the adults table but in reality we are jus another failed franchise acting and talking too big for our britches'. cuban brought with him a cancer that has enveloped the enirefranchise from top to bottom; a douchebag owner, douchebag players, douchebag fans.

discuss

BlackBellamy
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
And most Rockets fans are fatalists and the only Bulls fan on the site, Tacker, is...well?... hmm

JamStone
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Man fuck this thread.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
You're just having sour grapes, poop.

15 NBA Titles is sweet though.

Your Spurs got a few. That one in the strike year withstanding.

Try and concentrate on your upcoming season: you got Manu comin' back. Sure, Duncan is a year older, but, at least he can still shoot that 21 footer. They ain't takin' that away from the old fart nugget yet. Sure Parker's best work is left in the sheets but, he can still function fairly well. Uh, uh, uh, who else ya got? Oh, yeah, you got that RJ guy. He's pretty good. You're boring, but, that's who you are. It is what it is.

JamStone
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
j/k

BlackBellamy
07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
You're just having sour grapes, poop.

15 NBA Titles is sweet though.

Your Spurs got a few. That one in the strike year withstanding.

Try and concentrate on your upcoming season: you got Manu comin' back. Sure, Duncan is a year older, but, at least he can still shoot that 21 footer. They ain't takin' that away from the old fart nugget yet. Sure Parker's best work is left in the sheets but, he can still function fairly well. Uh, uh, uh, who else ya got? Oh, yeah, you got that RJ guy. He's pretty good. You're boring, but, that's who you are. It is what it is.

You just kind of proved his point. :toast

Bob Lanier
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm a disruptive asshole.

ginobili's bald spot
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
:depressed This thread hurts. How could you poop? I thought we were cool.

mystargtr34
07-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Do you like it when he takes you down deep like that Jamstone?

redzero
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Pistons-Spurs circlejerk going on in here. Ever since the 05 Finals, you couldn't keep your hands off each other.

mavs>spurs2
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
ive noticed each teams' fanbase has a distinct 'personality' on here. all too often they seem to hold true to the stereotypes.

one thing ive noticed, is that In General the pistons fans seem to be especially level-headed, making intelligent, unbiased, sold contributions. especially Jamstone, who no matter how long his posts are i will take time to read them. quality.

as far as Lakers fans, its pretty mch as expected-a bunch of entitled, hallow, mostly bandwagoning asshats with little to contribute other than 'we are the lakers Hate Us oh yeahhh 15 'titles'' type garbage. except Allanon who is by far the best lakers fan poster.

Suns fans were for a time the douchiest in the NBA, but (thankfully)they have fallen into oblivion along with their 'team', so they are no longer a factor at all.

and finally we come to the Mavs fans, who have been for half a decade now the single biggest Douches in the NBA. there are tons of them, but they are all exactly the same poster, nothing but empty wankery and an unparalleled level of 'we think we belong at the adults table but in reality we are jus another failed franchise acting and talking too big for our britches'. cuban brought with him a cancer that has enveloped the enirefranchise from top to bottom; a douchebag owner, douchebag players, douchebag fans.

discuss

Hey you know your sig isn't just "some mav fan regarding the RJ trade" right? It's a Donnie troll made by a mav fan to make fun of how much of a group of dipshits the mavs FO is. GTFO

ABDENOUR POWER
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Pistons fans are a smarter, more attractive, and generally superior breed.

sook
07-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I've been a pistons fan longer than a rockets fan

Ballin Boy
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I've been a pistons fan longer than a rockets fan

tought time to be either one right now. lol

BlackBellamy
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Pistons fans are a smarter, more attractive, and generally superior breed.

They are clean, industrious, produce life giving oxygen into the atmosphere, have an innate knowledge of the magic one uses to heal wounded animals with their minds and have the awe inspiring ability to shit warm cinnamon rolls. Pistons fans truly must be god's new chosen people.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
You just kind of proved his point. :toast

Sure. I'm gonna bust balls. I'm not apologizin' for winning the NBA Title for the fifteenth time.

Stings, don't it, opposing fans of all teams? Tougheth lucketh.

We've been on the dirty end of the stick many times. We'll be there again. But, now, at this moment in time? We're NBA Champions. Kobe stuck it to those fucks. And there ain't one goddamn thing they can do about it.

JamStone
07-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Do you like it when he takes you down deep like that Jamstone?

Lol I feel like Kobe with Ron Artest locked in a room with no windows.

And I'm slightly aroused. Not all the way though. Just slightly.

sook
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
tought time to be either one right now. lol

No not really. Excluding last year we have always been real consistent. Dumars is the most shrude GM in the NBA. A period of extended mediocrity is not possible with him

poop
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
it will be interesting to see the kobe-artest dynamic unfold.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Dumars is the most shrude GM in the NBA.

He's lucky he's black. If he were a white man they'd a rode his incompetent ass out of town a while ago after calling him everything but a white man.

ginobili's bald spot
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
No not really. Excluding last year we have always been real consistent. Dumars is the most shrude GM in the NBA. A period of extended mediocrity is not possible with him

sook a bandwagon jumper? I'm disappointed.

duncan228
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
The core group of Pistons fans that got here in '05 are great. They brought a lot to the board, and they got their own forum here.

One of the best things about SpursTalk is it's not just Spurs fans. Having fans of different teams brings different perspectives to conversations.

Every fan base comes with good and bad. The cream rise to the top, the worst fade away eventually. The regulars here all love the game, that bonds us regardless of team, and it's one of the things that makes this site the great place it is.

bdictjames
07-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Pistons-Spurs circlejerk going on in here. Ever since the 05 Finals, you couldn't keep your hands off each other.
lol mad because he didn't even mention the hornets?

sook
07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
sook a bandwagon jumper? I'm disappointed.

When did i say I was? :lol

I'm a rockets fan formost but I have been a detroit for quite some time.

If i were to jump on a bandwagon, trust me it wouldn't be the pistons right now

Ballin Boy
07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
He's lucky he's black. If he were a white man they'd a rode his incompetent ass out of town a while ago after calling him everything but a white man.
Im pretty sure it doesnt have anything to do with that.

ginobili's bald spot
07-02-2009, 08:35 PM
When did i say I was? :lol

I'm a rockets fan formost but I have been a detroit for quite some time.

If i were to jump on a bandwagon, trust me it wouldn't be the pistons right now

Would you follow Ron to the dark side? :bking

Extra Stout
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
The next time the Pistons are good there will be a nationwide diaspora of their fans, much like the phenomenon with Steeler fan today, ever since the steel industry collapsed.

The effect on NBA fandom will be much like that of the Byzantines fleeing to Western Europe to escape the Turks.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-02-2009, 09:31 PM
We try to show some class and respect that's all. We are thank full the good fans here welcomed us and let us have our own spot to post.

sook
07-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Would you follow Ron to the dark side? :bking

I'll cheer for Ron because he is a great guy and got us out of the 1st round. It seems like he was sent here for a mission

Brazil
07-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Sure. I'm gonna bust balls. I'm not apologizin' for winning the NBA Title for the fifteenth time.

We've been on the dirty end of the stick many times. We'll be there again. But, now, at this moment in time? We're NBA Champions. Kobe stuck it to those fucks. And there ain't one goddamn thing they can do about it.

In fact I think we need to distinguish three types of lakers fans:
1- House, he deserves his own category
2- Lakers fans with more than 2000 posts mostly decent posters with a special mention for Allanon except for making predictions see 75 wins, Ariza...
3- Lakers fans with less than 2000 mostly garbage see post above

redzero
07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
lol mad because he didn't even mention the hornets?

No, not really. There aren't that many Hornets fans who come here anyway.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah.

The Lakers won the NBA Championship. Deal with it, daddy-O.

tomtom
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Too bad TBong makes everyone hate the blazers here. They're a young team with some good character guys. That said I'm actually a Spurs fan first before the Blazers but I definitely like both.

BlackBellamy
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah.

The Lakers won the NBA Championship. Deal with it, daddy-O.

And that's totally what this thread is about. Get over yourself, bud.

redzero
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
The Pistons and the Spurs were literally the same team in different conferences. I could see why their fans like each other.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
And that's totally what this thread is about. Get over yourself, bud.

What is it, Bellamy, you want some mercy? Is that it? Just ask, sweetheart. I'm nothing if not gracious. But, yer gonna have to ask.

Brazil
07-02-2009, 10:25 PM
What is it, Bellamy, you want some mercy? Is that it? Just ask, sweetheart. I'm nothing if not gracious. But, yer gonna have to ask.

BTW Cul in french = ass

BlackBellamy
07-02-2009, 10:27 PM
BTW Cul in french = ass

Seems to sum everything up.

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't be jealous, Brazil. So what if the Lakers won their 15th NBA Title. Your Spurs have a few, + that strike ring. + all that hard work you've done twartin' the Suns thru the years ain't been under appreciated by Culburn. I've prayed to the Spurs on many a night to vanquish those fucks, and you abided each & every time.

So, take good cheer and go forth, Brazil.

Findog
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
my pussy hurts

dav4463
07-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Spurs and Piston fans are in the same boat. We saw the league change the rules so our style of defense couldn't win championships anymore. Our teams had to adapt to the new style of "wussy basketball" that the league wanted to see. We saw our teams unable to play defense with the same intensity anymore without fouling out. So we have to adapt. Our two teams forced the NBA to change the rules!

Laker fans are OK, they have a lot of titles, but they have been in the league for something like a hundred years! Spurs joined the NBA in 1976.

Maverick fans are Laker wannabes but they don't have a winning team to back up their trash-talk.

Suns fans are irrelevant now. I almost feel sorry for them.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I'll cheer for Ron because he is a great guy

:lmao

Vinnie_Johnson
07-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll cheer for Ron because he is a great guy and got us out of the 1st round. It seems like he was sent here for a mission

Sounds like a Piston fan.:lol

angelbelow
07-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I have to agree with your assessment. lol

:lol

La Peace
07-03-2009, 12:16 AM
all too often they seem to hold true to the stereotypes.

Wow, you must be racist.

Just like all spur fans.

Trainwreck2100
07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow, you must be racist.

Just like all spur fans.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Trainwreck2100/racism.jpg

Heath Ledger
07-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Im not really a Pistons fan I just play one on TV.

Killakobe81
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Only thing on here I agree with is Jamstone is one of the best unbiased posters regardless of fan-base. Plus he backs up his ponts with examples and isnt just a stat-head like some folks on here.
Duncan228 I agree reason i come here even more than LG is the diversity ...PLUs it's funny the Laker hate on here from ALL fanbases!!
Until i moved to SA and found this site, (I had no idea) in LA we hate the Celts that's it ...a Utah or Sacto will pop up every now and then ...but we dont hate the Spurs... in fact I admired them from afar ...but because of the people in town who hate on my squad I now hate on the spurs but I still respect their game ...

Darrin
07-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Each fanbase is shaped by what we experience most often. The Pistons have no superstars. The Pistons have one of the most hated teams in the NBA history. The Pistons have not won all those titles or been the team of the decade.

Life plays a role as well, and this fan can only speak for himself. I know I want to win every argument I get into. I know that I have to be knowledgeable to do so because I don't like cheap victories. This causes me to have a strong opinion. I come here for basketball, not T&A or politics. This site is a lukewarm versions of both.

When I don't have anything to say, I simply leave. I can't waste my time.

z0sa
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM
spurfan wanted a rematch in 07... when detroit failed us we stopped circlejerking

mingus
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
NBA board used to be better before Lakers' fans trolled it to death. they bring absolutely nothing interesting to the discussions.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
NBA board used to be better before Lakers' fans trolled it to death. they bring absolutely nothing interesting to the discussions.

Please. You were fine until we lodged the 15th. Now yer all bushy-tailed & tight-lipped.

Cool beans.

xellos88330
07-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Do you play for the Lakers or work for them. You are talking like you were out there on the court or the FO working for them. I know it is hard to refrain from acting like you are part of the team that you love, but do not try to self involve yourself. It is very embarassing.

mingus
07-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Please. You were fine until we lodged the 15th. Now yer all bushy-tailed & tight-lipped.

Cool beans.

huh ?

i'm fine whether Lakers win or lose. it has absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever.

i could care less about how many championships the Lakers have . all i want is intelligent basketball discussion, something that Lakers fans on this site have not shown the ability to do.

Trainwreck2100
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow, you must be racist.

Just like all spur fans.

http://i44.tinypic.com/xcror5.jpg

Lars
07-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Sadly my dislike for most teams stems from thier fans on this board.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Do you play for the Lakers or work for them. You are talking like you were out there on the court or the FO working for them. I know it is hard to refrain from acting like you are part of the team that you love, but do not try to self involve yourself. It is very embarassing.

We're entitled. I'm confident the players don't begrudge us that latitude to live vicariously thru their efforts. If you're embarassed...tough.

mingus
07-03-2009, 06:17 PM
We're entitled. I'm confident the players don't begrudge us that latitude to live vicariously thru their efforts. If you're embarassed...tough.

:lmao:lmao:lmao @ "begrudge" "latitude" "vicariously."

"I'm confident the players don't begrudge us that latitude to live vicariously thru their efforts"

... :lmao

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!

ginobili's bald spot
07-03-2009, 06:45 PM

You're a trip new guy.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I feel a kinship with my Lakers. I cried like a baby in the Summer of '84 watching that spectacle at Boston. Then Magic led us back from the brink to one of the greatest victorys of the 20th Century. Sure, CBS, ESPN, et al to this day won't acknowledge the feat and it's importance to the Lakers franchise, but, that Sunday afternoon in '85 was so cathartic for so many people. Once in a blue moon those fucks over at ESPN will run the recap of that game (they always precede it with the '84 disaster), with cut aways spaced in...and toward the end of the piece some obscure old Laker (black man) (his picture) is brought forth by his daughter (sound over). When the game is no longer in doubt this broken down old Laker had went into his bedroom and donned his purple & gold once & again and his daughter had snapped the picture. It's an incredibly human moment.