PDA

View Full Version : Chris Broussard's take on the Celts offer to Wallace

montgod
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I just watched a telecast on ESPN about the Celts offering Wallace a contract. Chris Broussard's take is that he thinks the Celts will eventually end up getting Wallace over San Antonio. He said that Wallace isn't in a rush to make a decision and is just sitting back and looking at his options. Chris Broussard stated that San Antonio just hasn't shown as much interest as the Celtics and are hesitant to give Wallace the MLE. Their target was Gortat and was willing to give him the MLE, but unfortunately, Dallas has already secured him.

If this is true... what direction will the Spurs go in now? My assumption would be a full court press on McDyess.

benefactor
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Does anyone read anything around here?

stxspurs
07-02-2009, 08:03 PM
oh god.. i see bonner starting again....fml

Duncan2177
07-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I think Sheed is messin with the celtics he's looking at all his offers, I have a good feeling he will pick the spurs.

cheney212
07-02-2009, 08:14 PM
^^^i think its a 50% chance he lands in boston

montgod
07-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Does anyone read anything around here?

Does anyone write anymore?

I think Sheed is messin with the celtics he's looking at all his offers, I have a good feeling he will pick the spurs.

Question is... are the Spurs picking him or is it just a ploy?

benefactor
07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Question is... does anyone write anymore.

There is a huge fucking Wallace thread with the same information in it and plenty of "writing" about it. Stop being a lazy ass and go look before you make a new thread.

holcs50
07-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Like I've said before I think sheed is going to be a Celtic, and I'd put a high percentage on that...I'd be happy to eat my words if not, I just think the celts put on a huge production for his visit and KG probably is calling him every "motherfucking" minute. Spurs will probably handle it more quietly, hopefully sheed prefers that. Anyways, we gotta wrap up mcdyess at least now the lakes pretty much have artest...we really need that SIGNIFICANT big man who can guard the paus, the kgs, the shaqs. If we wind up with a bonner type guy playing significant minutes oppo duncan u can kiss a ring next year goodbye.

George Gervin's Afro
oh god.. i see bonner starting again....fml

may God help us..

kbrury
we need to sticky a Rasheed thread so things don't too cluttered albeit it would just get flooded with other stuff.

crc21209
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I just watched a telecast on ESPN about the Celts offering Wallace a contract. Chris Broussard's take is that he thinks the Celts will eventually end up getting Wallace over San Antonio. He said that Wallace isn't in a rush to make a decision and is just sitting back and looking at his options. Chris Broussard stated that San Antonio just hasn't shown as much interest as the Celtics and are hesitant to give Wallace the MLE. Their target was Gortat and was willing to give him the MLE, but unfortunately, Dallas has already secured him.

If this is true... what direction will the Spurs go in now? My assumption would be a full court press on McDyess.

This was already posted in the main "Rasheed Wallace: Free Agent" thread and other threads as well...

montgod
07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
This was already posted in the main "Rasheed Wallace: Free Agent" thread and other threads as well...

Yes, I know, because I was the one who posted it. I just thought it merited a second post because it was newer info from a respected writer. With these huge threads, sometimes you can miss some info.

There is a huge fucking Wallace thread with the same information in it and plenty of "writing" about it. Stop being a lazy ass and go look before you make a new thread.

I wasn't being lazy. If I posted in both places, I would be doing double the work. I got the message. Chill out.

Russ
07-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Chris Broussard stated that San Antonio just hasn't shown as much interest as the Celtics and are hesitant to give Wallace the MLE. Their target was Gortat and was willing to give him the MLE, but unfortunately, Dallas has already secured him.

The Spurs need a center who can defend. Thats why they (rightly or wrongly) targeted Gortat. He's gone. Oh. well . . .

Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing (see Wallace, R.).

Just wait. Opportunities will present themselves in time. :flag:

ffadicted
07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Their target was Gortat and was willing to give him the MLE

This is when I re-realized Broussard never knows what he's talking about

DPG21920
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
ben: post your pic and shut people up :lol

Get swolllllllllllllllllll

ElNono
07-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris Broussard is nothing but a hack.

Twisted_Dawg
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I think Sheed would LOVE a 3-year deal. He would sign here if we offered three years.
If we offer a 2 year deal, then I think Boston has the edge.

Russ
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I think Sheed would LOVE a 3-year deal. He would sign here if we offered three years.
If we offer a 2 year deal, then I think Boston has the edge.

How about cab fare and an opportunity to make the team if he impresses in workouts?

benefactor
07-02-2009, 10:09 PM
ben: post your pic and shut people up :lol

Get swolllllllllllllllllll
Nah...I'll leave the e-thugging to the Rockets fans. :lol

benefactor
07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes, I know, because I was the one who posted it. I just thought it merited a second post because it was newer info from a respected writer. With these huge threads, sometimes you can miss some info.

Those huge threads are there for a reason genius...so there are not 100 threads like this one. Get yourself on some Adderall if can't concentrate well enough to read through a thread on an internet forum.