lol Allanon

Allanon
07-02-2009, 09:04 PM
lol Allanon

F*cker :lol

I'll get you back for this.

picnroll
07-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Be fun watching Ariza and Battier crawling up the Kobesters butt. Too bad Houston is going to suck in general.

Brazil
07-02-2009, 09:07 PM
F*cker :lol

perfect timing:rollin

Allanon, can you create some random threads on:

- sheed signing for the celts
- Splitter never coming

?

Allanon
07-02-2009, 09:08 PM
perfect timing:rollin

Allanon, can you create some random threads on:

- sheed signing for the celts
- Splitter never coming

?

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang :bang:bang:bang:bang

Brazil
I really hope to see a Houston LA serie.. it gonna be fun

Kai
Could we have just sign & traded Artest for Ariza, so neither team would have used their MLE?

montgod
07-02-2009, 09:09 PM
The old switcheroo...

21_Blessings
Just glad it wasn't Cleveland or Portland.

Ariza does guard Kobe well but Houston is going nowhere with T-Quit and a one-footed Yao.

z0sa
who thought Ariza would be coming back :lmao

MarHill
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
The old switcheroo...

Yes sir......

The NBA heavyweight teams have made this off-season very interesting.

ginobili's bald spot
07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats Houston. I'm glad you guys got him.

Roxsfan
07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
splash.

Spurtacus
07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm wondering how much they overpaid for him.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
You have to be a fool to think that this is the one and only move that Morey is gonna make

Spursmania
07-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats Rockets, he's a great pick up for you.

lefty
07-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes SIR!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4303862

LMAO

Yeah, with Yao and Artest gone, just wow, championship material :lmao

Kai
Best case scenario for Rockets: Tracy comes back committed in a contract year and plays well. Yao comes back midseason like reports say and we peak come playoff time with Scola and Brooks picking up their offense with Ron's absense.

Worst case scenario for Rockets: Tracy sucks/gets injured. Yao stays out for the whole year and the whole teams contracts AIDS.

timtonymanu
Shit Battier and Ariza on the same team.

Kai
07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering how much they overpaid for him.

I'm pretty sure we could only offer the MLE.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Even though Toronto said they weren't trading Bosh, I have a feeling that Bosh will soon be in a Rockets uniform

Allanon
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure we could only offer the MLE.

That is correct as I understand it as well. Rockets are over the cap and can only sign him to the MLE.

But by giving Ariza the MLE, does this mean the Rockets won't be getting Gortat for the MLE?

Maybe the Lakers/Rockets are going to do a Sign and Trade? Both teams would be able to get their MLE back. Win/Win for both teams if they cooperate.

Kai
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Even though Toronto said they weren't trading Bosh, I have a feeling that Bosh will soon be in a Rockets uniform

Aren't they pursuing Turkoglu? Seems like they want to contend, so I doubt they want to trade their best player for T-Mac or whatever else we have to offer.

Double-Up
07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
LMAO

Yeah, with Yao and Artest gone, just wow, championship material :lmao

What? Who said anything about championship material? I'd rather tank next season and get a top pick and Ariza is younger and fits better with a rebuilding team. :rolleyes

lefty
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
What? Who said anything about championship material? I'd rather tank next season and get a top pick and Ariza is younger and fits better with a rebuilding team. :rolleyes
Tankapazoolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
they are financially strapped

Kai
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I wonder why he picked us over Cleveland or even Portland.

lefty
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I wonder why he picked us over Cleveland or even Portland.

- Because Cleveland has a lot of douchebags on the team

- Because Portland has Tlong

IronMexican
07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I am just glad he isn't going to a contender. It has to suck to go from LA to thug infested Houston.

coyotes_geek
07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Could we have just sign & traded Artest for Ariza, so neither team would have used their MLE?

Ariza would have BYC issues, so you couldn't do it as a straight up deal Artest for Ariza. The lakers would end up having to send out more players, which would complicate things quite a bit. But, it's possible.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I am just glad he isn't going to a contender. It has to suck to go from LA to thug infested Houston.

This coming from a city where people beat up fellow citizens to celebrate something so crucial in their lives?

Double-Up
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8342adfcf53ef010536424a45970b-800wi

Kai
07-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I've seen Ariza against the Rockets, but I'd like to hear from you Laker fans, What are we gonna get out of Ariza night in, and night out?

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Looks like they are goin after Oberto next

Next up for Houston is likely to be free agent center Fabricio Oberto
(http://spurstalk.com/forums/#)http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13167

plz make a deal for Amare!!!

Roxsfan
07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I've seen Ariza against the Rockets, but I'd like to hear from you Laker fans, What are we gonna get out of Ariza night in, and night out?

Once the laker pussy smell fades, he should be a dynamic offesnive player.

IronMexican
07-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Rockets are getting a solid 3 point shooter with some great team D. He takes a lot of risks, but it usually pays off. If Houston got him for MLE, very solid move.

sook
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
wooohoo!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Houston got a great role player that is good at a specific role. If they do with him with New Orleans did with Posey and try to turn him into an all star, it'll backfire.

Killakobe81
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Well didnt want to lose Ariza but getting Artest for the mid-level is ...wow! plus when Bynumn is out we have another low post weapon to go with Pau ...and although he has slipped defensively footspeed wise strength wise he can deal with Lebron, Pierce Melo Jefferson ...Now lets get Odom and Brown done ...and i will be happy to let the chips fall
and if Sheed goes to Boston someone should get Big Baby he has been working out and will be fullof confidence next year he would be great in NO ...but wait they have no cap space bahahahaha!!!!

lil_penny
07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Congrats houston

SPURSGOAT
07-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Love your sig double-up...

djohn2oo8
07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
T-Long, why can't you be more like Lil Penny?

KSeal
07-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm glad he went to Houston, good move for him. I'd also much rather see him there then in Portland or Cleveland.

Ariza is an expert at getting steals especially with his long ass wing span, his man D is good but not amazing, yet. Shot the three at 31% for the regular season but 48% for the post season, who knows how that will hold up in Houston, cause with the Lakers he never shot a contested three. Great pick up for he MLE.

Ariza's agent is a fucking moron.

sook
07-02-2009, 09:53 PM
If the rockets some how land amare....fuck that would be awesome!

picnroll
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
If the Rockets get Oberto, with Scola already on the team, I wonder if Houston is lining up to go after Manu next year since his buddies will be there.

21_Blessings
07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
The best thing about Ariza offensively is he rarely forces anything and doesn't take retarded shots. Very high bbiq. He'll fit in better next to T-Chuck than Artest did.

sook
07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
The best thing about Ariza offensively is he rarely forces anything and doesn't take retarded shots. Very high bbiq. He'll fit in better next to T-Chuck than Artest did.

Interesting point, that might have actually meant something 3 yrs ago when tquit was actually a star :lol

Ariza is probably going to be better than that faggot

iggypop123
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
ariza needs to fire his agent. what a sad way to end in houston

KSeal
07-02-2009, 10:20 PM
ariza needs to fire his agent. what a sad way to end in houston

Yup, his agent totally blew it. Trevor ended up taking the same amount for a less competitive team. You know he's kicking himself knowing he could have just stayed at home with the Lakers.

weebo
07-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Maybe Ariza just wanted out of LA. You know, carve out his own name on another team instead of being in the shadows of Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and even Bynum.

Double-Up
07-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Yup, his agent totally blew it. Trevor ended up taking the same amount for a less competitive team. You know he's kicking himself knowing he could have just stayed at home with the Lakers.

Maybe we added more years to the deal than the Lakers did?

The Franchise
07-02-2009, 10:29 PM

He did it to have his role expanded. People act as if Houston is just a horrible team now, but we are still going to be pretty decent. When next summer rolls around and we have at least 23 milion in cap space (thank you Tracy) we will be right back at the top as one of the better NBA teams, but a lot deeper. We are taking lumps now for a better future.

wireonfire
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM

Doubt it. He is only 24. the lakers would've wanted to lock him up for more than 3 years.

cheney212
07-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Best case scenario for Rockets: Tracy comes back committed in a contract year and plays well. Yao comes back midseason like reports say and we peak come playoff time with Scola and Brooks picking up their offense with Ron's absense.

Worst case scenario for Rockets: Tracy sucks/gets injured. Yao stays out for the whole year and the whole teams contracts AIDS.

Lol we all know the answer its the worse case scenario every year:lol

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Maybe Ariza just wanted out of LA. You know, carve out his own name on another team instead of being in the shadows of Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and even Bynum.

Yeah, but, Battier is still sittin' in his seat.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM

I suppose but I really don't see why the Lakers wouldn't add two more years. The real problem for the Lakers was how much he'd make this year and next cause of the lux tax. Fisher, Morrison and Sasha all come off the books the next two years. This is great for Houston nonetheless, just pretty much got 6 years younger at the SF spot and got a guy that could turn out to be really good. Whereas Artest is probably better now and maybe for a year or two but then he'll start to decline and Ariza will just be coming into his prime.

sook
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Sucks for the lakers to have signed Vujabitch

Culburn369
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Geez, it's difficult to do better than NBA Champion.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
He did it to have his role expanded. People act as if Houston is just a horrible team now, but we are still going to be pretty decent. When next summer rolls around and we have at least 23 milion in cap space (thank you Tracy) we will be right back at the top as one of the better NBA teams, but a lot deeper. We are taking lumps now for a better future.

I never said Houston isn't a good team, but the Lakers just won the championship and will probably be favored to do so this year so that would mean Houston is "a less competitive team" which is all I said.

You could be right about him wanting an expanding role but he's from LA went to UCLA, is a Laker fan and just won a championship, common sense would tell you he'd want to come back to that team if he's making the same amount as any other, but maybe not.

Roxsfan
07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
I never said Houston isn't a good team, but the Lakers just won the championship and will probably be favored to do so this year so that would mean Houston is "a less competitive team" which is all I said.

You could be right about him wanting an expanding role but he's from LA went to UCLA, is a Laker fan and just won a championship, common sense would tell you he'd want to come back to that team if he's making the same amount as any other, but maybe not.

If the lakers don't repeat, Ariza can say it's cause he was not there.:rollin

sook
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
:lol

I can just see it next season.

"Kobe can't win without Ariza"

The Franchise
07-02-2009, 10:40 PM

That's not what common sense told Trevor! :lol

KSeal
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
That's not what common sense told Trevor! :lol

Maybe, or maybe his agent totally fucked it up by trying to get more money out of the Lakers then he's worth so the Lakers then said fuck you we'll go get Artest and fuck off. Hope Trevor does well for you guys though.

Matchman
07-02-2009, 10:42 PM
im not too high on Ariza. the only reason he was shooting this well is because Kobe passed him wide-open shots when he drew double and triple team. Ive seen Ariza during his NYK days, cant shoot for nothin'.

Findog
07-02-2009, 10:44 PM
im not too high on Ariza. the only reason he was shooting this well is because Kobe passed him wide-open shots when he drew double and triple team. Ive seen Ariza during his NYK days, cant shoot for nothin'.

Somebody posted in the other thread, but this is lose-lose for Houston-LA. Artest and Ariza are both better fits with their now-former teams.

weebo
07-02-2009, 10:49 PM

At the end of the day, now you know what mattered most for Ariza. Some Lakerfans on this board were so sure Ariza would stay because of his ties with LA. :lol

The Franchise
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Somebody posted in the other thread, but this is lose-lose for Houston-LA. Artest and Ariza are both better fits with their now-former teams.

I will hold judgement on that until December.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
At the end of the day, now you know what mattered most for Ariza. Some Lakerfans on this board were so sure Ariza would stay because of his ties with LA. :lol

Still no proof that if LA didn't go sign Artest, Ariza wouldn't have come back to the Lakers for what both Houston and LA offered.

Ariza made his decision to leave after the Lakers said fuck you and signed Ron.

So you're really in no place to act like Ariza didn't stay in LA due to his ties, he left cause the Lakers signed Artest.

Brazil
07-02-2009, 11:03 PM

I can just see it next season.

"Kobe can't win without Ariza"

holcs50
07-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow WTF. LOL, this all doesn't make sense to me.

1. So the lakers were willing to offer MLE to ariza, he didn't want it because they thought he could get more. So, he goes out as a FA then winds up in Houston for the MLE? Then the lakers spend the MLE on Artest. But I thought the lakers wanted to keep the team together?

2. Why the fuck would Ariza not accept the MLE from a Laker team that is at championship level for the exact same amount on a team pretty much in shambles? And if he wanted to get out of LA why the fuck wouldn't he accept the Cavs MLE, which I heard they were extremely interested in ariza. This is retarded, I have no clue what is going on in ariza and his agents head. I get artest wanting to go to the lakes and him taking the MLE, but Ariza seems a bit retarded to me.

weebo
07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Still no proof that if LA didn't go sign Artest, Ariza wouldn't have come back to the Lakers for what both Houston and LA offered.

Ariza made his decision to leave after the Lakers said fuck you and signed Ron.

So you're really in no place to act like Ariza didn't stay in LA due to his ties, he left cause the Lakers signed Artest.

Ariza didn't give two shits about being in LA so I do know where his loyalties lie. The Lakers went and got Artest after the fact because they knew Ariza was on his way out--but what I find funny is that most Laker fans here were absolutely sure he was coming back no matter what because he was a hometown boy. :lol

ploto
07-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Looks like they are goin after Oberto next

Noooo- that's my spot for Rasho in Houston.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Ariza didn't give two shits about being in LA so I do know where his loyalties lie. The Lakers went and got Artest after the fact because they knew Ariza was on his way out--but what I find funny is that most Laker fans here were absolutely sure he was coming back no matter what because he was a hometown boy. :lol

The fact he was a hometown guy only helped the cause. I don't think people thought that was the only reason he'd come back, money was a huge part of it obviously and I guess to some degree that is why he's in Houston now.

crc21209
07-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I think Ariza was a big part of why the Lakers won the ship'. I'm not so sure Artest can have the same impact Ariza did in L.A. I know Artest had bigger numbers overall, but Artest is a fucking idiot at times and takes some dumbass retarded shots out of nowhere for no reason.

crc21209
07-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow WTF. LOL, this all doesn't make sense to me.

1. So the lakers were willing to offer MLE to ariza, he didn't want it because they thought he could get more. So, he goes out as a FA then winds up in Houston for the MLE? Then the lakers spend the MLE on Artest. But I thought the lakers wanted to keep the team together?

2. Why the fuck would Ariza not accept the MLE from a Laker team that is at championship level for the exact same amount on a team pretty much in shambles? And if he wanted to get out of LA why the fuck wouldn't he accept the Cavs MLE, which I heard they were extremely interested in ariza. This is retarded, I have no clue what is going on in ariza and his agents head. I get artest wanting to go to the lakes and him taking the MLE, but Ariza seems a bit retarded to me.

Because he said L.A. only offering him the MLE was a slap in the face to him and he was willing to sign with another team even if it was for the MLE as long as it wasnt the Lakers. :lol

The Franchise
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
I think Ariza was a big part of why the Lakers won the ship'. I'm not so sure Artest can have the same impact Ariza did in L.A. I know Artest had bigger numbers overall, but Artest is a fucking idiot at times and takes some dumbass retarded shots out of nowhere for no reason.

I love Rons intensity, but when he makes his mind up to do something (contested fadeaway three, or one-on-five iso :bang ) nobody is going to change it. Laker fans are going to get a much better understanding of why Morey wasn't committed to signing Dinoboy long term.

KSeal
07-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Artest making bad plays is a hell of a lot better then having Luke Walton as your starting SF.

The Franchise
07-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Artest making bad plays is a hell of a lot better then having Luke Walton as your starting SF.

True. :toast

holcs50
07-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Because he said L.A. only offering him the MLE was a slap in the face to him and he was willing to sign with another team even if it was for the MLE as long as it wasnt the Lakers. :lol

:lmao That's some bad logic right there. At least if you were going to look elsewhere try to get more than MLE, I mean that's just high school shit right there. Waaaaaah, you offered the MLE, i'm hurt, now im going to take the same exact deal for a team that has absolutely no shot to win a championship. Idiot. Swallow the pride and go with the team that you would be favorites with to win it. OR at least go to the cavs for the MLE who have a shot to win it also. Stupid ariza

baseline bum
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM

Why would LA ever do that for you?

baseline bum
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
That is correct as I understand it as well. Rockets are over the cap and can only sign him to the MLE.

But by giving Ariza the MLE, does this mean the Rockets won't be getting Gortat for the MLE?

Maybe the Lakers/Rockets are going to do a Sign and Trade? Both teams would be able to get their MLE back. Win/Win for both teams if they cooperate.

LA will not pay a $95 million payroll. I don't see what's so hard to get about that. Doing an Ariza for Artest trade therefore gives LA nothing, while allowing the Rockets the chance to get stronger. It makes no sense for the Lakers to do.

Kai
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
LA will not pay a $95 million payroll. I don't see what's so hard to get about that. Doing an Ariza for Artest trade therefore gives LA nothing, while allowing the Rockets the chance to get stronger. It makes no sense for the Lakers to do.

It wouldn't hurt the Lakers to keep their MLE, just in case, even if they don't plan on using it.

KidCongo
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Kobe driving out more team mates.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2009, 12:59 AM
if ur the rockets and tback is in a contract year, fkn low ball him....

Allanon
07-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Well it does depend on what the Rockets need. The Lakers don't need the MLE per se as they probably won't use it. But you never know; it's good to have that flexibility if there is an injury.

Also, if the Rockets want Gortat or pretty much any decent free Agent like Sheed, they'd need that MLE and may be willing to pay for it. They could trade a draft pick or some money to get a sign and trade done.

Yao is out for at least half a season and McGrady is still in question so it doesn't really threaten the Lakers' chances of a repeat.

There's definitely a benefit for the Lakers if the Rockets are willing to give up something in return for this favor.

Lars
07-03-2009, 02:45 AM
With both Yao and Mac both out next year it is actually a solid move to swap Ariza and Artest.

The Rockets are doing nothing with Yao and McGrady out next year. Keeping Artest might of made us a shitty borderline playoff team with no real hope of winning anything, but whats the point. They made it pretty clear they didnt want him back by only offering a one year deal. Without Artest, we get to develop Brooks, Lowry, Ariza, Landry, Dorsey, maybe Wafer if he is resigned, while most likely picking up a high lottery pick. When 2010 rolls around we will have a solid assortment of depth and good roleplayers once we get some stars back, either through free agency or health.

At this point it makes alot of sense to move Battier and Scola for some solid pieces. A play for Rubio would be ideal moving forward, or perhaps switching to a run and gun system if a McGrady/Stoudamire swap happens.

The Lakers get more firepower for a 3 year window to pair with Gasol and Kobe, but I am interested to see if Artest actually hurts them more than helps.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2009, 07:23 AM
With both Yao and Mac both out next year it is actually a solid move to swap Ariza and Artest.

The Rockets are doing nothing with Yao and McGrady out next year. Keeping Artest might of made us a shitty borderline playoff team with no real hope of winning anything, but whats the point. They made it pretty clear they didnt want him back by only offering a one year deal. Without Artest, we get to develop Brooks, Lowry, Ariza, Landry, Dorsey, maybe Wafer if he is resigned, while most likely picking up a high lottery pick. When 2010 rolls around we will have a solid assortment of depth and good roleplayers once we get some stars back, either through free agency or health.

At this point it makes alot of sense to move Battier and Scola for some solid pieces. A play for Rubio would be ideal moving forward, or perhaps switching to a run and gun system if a McGrady/Stoudamire swap happens.

The Lakers get more firepower for a 3 year window to pair with Gasol and Kobe, but I am interested to see if Artest actually hurts them more than helps.

For the last time, we don't want that douchebag Rubio!!! And Morey will not let them be a lottery team. Expect more moves, and 1 major move

DMX7
07-03-2009, 07:29 AM
lol, Laker fans loved Ariza and now they're like "fuck him". Typical Laker fans.

DenDen
07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
lol, Laker fans loved Ariza and now they're like "fuck him". Typical Laker fans.
I also remember them, talking trash bout artest, now they're sucking his dick.

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:14 AM

funny how spurs fans get chastised for hating on fin/bonner after we get knocked off in the first round but laker fans abandon trevor ariza after he helped them win a championship. they wouldnt have won the ring without trevor

i'm so glad i'm not part of that crappy situation. it pains me just to glance it.

DenDen
07-03-2009, 09:28 AM
funny how spurs fans get chastised for hating on fin/bonner after we get knocked off in the first round but laker fans abandon trevor ariza after he helped them win a championship. they wouldnt have won the ring without trevor

i'm so glad i'm not part of that crappy situation. it pains me just to glance it.
Forreal, Ariza bail them out on so many occasion. Big time Contribution, I hope ariza shine on the rocket..