PDA

View Full Version : Final 12 for the Playoffs????

TheAfricanFan
04-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Who will feature in our playoff roster???
This is my team:

PG – Tony Parker
SG – Many Ginobili
F – Bruce Bowen
PF – Tim Duncan
C – Rasho Nesterovic

G/F – Brent Barry
G/F – Devin Brown
PF – Robert Horry
PF – Shawn Marks
G – Beno Udrih
PG – Mike Wilks
C – Narz Mohamed

I think that Shawn Marks deserves this chance more than Massemburg or Narz
and with Beno lookin slower than any Foward in the league, Mike wilks deserves a vote on my list. Feel sorry for Glover anyways but life goes on...

exstatic
04-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Massenberg may go Postal if another team leaves him off the postseason roster. Sacto did it last year.

I don't see keeping 3 PGs if everyone is healthy. I would select Mass or Glover before Wilks.

FromWayDowntown
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
with the iffy nature of Timmy's ankle, I suspect that Massenburg will be on the playoff roster ahead of guys like Marks and Glover, and probably even Wilks. Now, as much as Pop is has a fetish for PG, I'd think there would be a greater need this year for bigs, particularly if you intend to get the Finals, where you are likely to meet either Detroit or Miami (great, I'm starting to write like Hubie Brown speaks. . . .)

SPARKY
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
SPARKY's playoff roster:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nesterovic

1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 Brown
2 Glover
4 Horry
4 Rose
4/5 Massenburg

Spurminator
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
I'd put Mass in for the sole purpose of knocking Danny Fortson on his ass if we play Seattle.

Jimcs50
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nesterovic

1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 Brown
2 Nazr or Glover
4 Horry
4/5 Massenburg
5/4Marks

Jimcs50
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
SPARKY's playoff roster:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nesterovic

1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 Brown
2 Glover
4 Horry
4 Rose
4/5 Massenburg

Rose!!!???

Don't remind me...

:depressed

Rick Von Braun
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey SPARKY,

Welcome back!

SPARKY's playoff roster:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nesterovic
Are you sure about that? http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 Brown
2 Glover
4 Horry
4 Rose
4/5 Massenburg Let it go dude... it is done. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismokin.gif

mookie2001
04-04-2005, 02:59 PM
yeah mass and glover waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before
wilks and marks

Dre_7
04-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I say leave wilks off the roster. Barry can play point too. No sense in having 3 points and a guy that can (and has) play(ed) point.

Manu20
04-04-2005, 03:06 PM
PG Parker
SG Manu
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Rasho

Barry
Brown
Beno
Horry
Nazr
Massenburg
Glover

waly.mg
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
i select Nazr, but only if in every game he is fouled out with 6 fouls
And obvious 1 for minute to Shaq in the Finals
Not Points, or blocks, or rebounds, only fouls

SPARKY
04-04-2005, 03:12 PM
My bad.

SPARKY's revised playoff roster:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Rose

1 Udrih
1/2 Barry
2 Brown
2 Glover
4 Horry
4/5 Massenburg
5 Nesterovic

RobinsontoDuncan
04-04-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm trying to remember why i never used to like you ^ :)

wildbill2u
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Now that Glover is gone and Robinson is signed, presumably for the playoffs, what do you think?

Will Big Dog be in good enough shape and not be too rusty for Pop to put him on playoff squad? Or will he have to show some flashes of the old Robinson in the next few games? I think he makes it regardless because that's why they signed him.

Does this mean a paniced rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic or the cavalry charging up and with needed firepower? I think this means they don't feel Brown will be back, but the move certainly give a lot more room for speculation about the end of the bench players.

milkyway21
04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes
Who will feature in our playoff roster???
This is my team:

PG – Tony Parker
SG – Many Ginobili
F – Bruce Bowen
PF – Tim Duncan
C – Rasho Nesterovic

G/F – Brent Barry
G/F – Devin Brown
PF – Robert Horry
PF – Shawn Marks
G – Beno Udrih
PG – Mike Wilks
C – Narz Mohamed

I think that Shawn Marks deserves this chance more than Massemburg or Narz
and with Beno lookin slower than any Foward in the league, Mike wilks deserves a vote on my list. Feel sorry for Glover anyways but life goes on...

I thought the name is ... SEAN

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 05:43 AM
So with Robinson here, who are the 12?

whottt
04-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Parker
Manu
Bowen
Duncan
Rasho

Barry
Horry
Beno
Massenburg
Nazr
Marks
Robinson

Pop doesn't sound positive about Brown making it back...he says he is afraid to even touch him...so right now I have to assume Devin isn't going to make it back in time.

Theat leaves Wilks...

Every move Pop has made this season indicates he is worried about matching up with the big C's on the Rockets and Heat...And...

If we have to depend on Mike Wilks to get us past the Nuggets we won't be winning an NBA title this year...

Something no one has really thought about...maybe the reason Barry has shot so well for the Sonics the past few years is because he has been playing PG against much smaller players that he could just shoot over...Maybe we should be looking at ways to create mismatches instead of worrying about matching up with them...We are the team with Duncan, Parker and Ginibili.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 05:50 AM
so right now I have to assume Devin isn't going to make it back in time.

So just because he may not make it back for the first round, you'd leave him off the roster completely?

whottt
04-06-2005, 05:51 AM
I was predicting what I think Pop will do...if it was up to me Nazr wouldn't make the playoff roster...Pop sounded very iffy about adding Devin to the roster today and so that's my guess....

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 05:55 AM
Well they have another two weeks before they have to decide. I think Devin will make it. I'm not sure what to do about Nazr/Mass/Marks.

whottt
04-06-2005, 06:01 AM
I think Mass will definitely make the Roster...he is more experienced than either Mohammed or Marks.

Marks plays better D than Nazr...and you know how Pop is about D...

But it will leave the Spurs looking like fools if Nazr doesn't make the roster, so he will....

I think Robinson will do what the Spurs ask of him...

I think Pop is going to be wary of Devin's back injuries and think Devin will be the odd man out due to injury...

and yes...I would much rather have Devin on the roster than Nazr, Marks or Mass................Devin is our only energy guy off the bench and he's also our best all around defender off the bench(depending on what we want from Horry)...on top of that he can go off for 20....and can switch between the half court or transition better than any one on the bench except Horry...on top of that...he has been our best 3 shooter off kickouts from Duncan...

I like what Barry does for the team better than Devin...but that doesn't mean I don't like Devin...I just don't think he's going to make it due to the circumstances and timing...

NZHayden
04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
PG- Tony
SG- Manu
SF- Bowen
PF- Timmy
C - MARKS!

Rasho
TMass
Brown
Wilks
Barry
Beno
Robinson

No need to worry bout nazr. not impressed with him

wildbill2u
04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I think Devin is out because the downside for further injury (perhaps seriously career threatening) is too great and they have to make the decision just when he would be coming back to see if could play. Since his game depends on high energy and athleticism, I don't see them taking the chance on his improvement and rejuvenation is such a short time.

Robinson isn't much of a defender--but he's 240 now and not really able to stay with a small forward. I wonder if Mass is such a lock for a position on the roster.

Same with Marks. He may be on the bubble with Wilks. Pop has shown some affinity for Wilks to back up TP with speedier guards that Beno/Barry may not be able to match up with.

nzkickass
04-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Marks has to be in the team, come playoff time.

http://www.freephotoserver.com/files/wallpaper2_full4700.jpg