PDA

View Full Version : When Ariza wakes up in the morning...

TheNextGen
07-03-2009, 01:07 AM
He's gonna look in the mirror and wonder "How the fuck did i go from a championship team in LA, where i was raised, to a crap team in Houston for the MLE."

Poor Ariza. Mitch doing "payback" to Ariza's agent for the Bynum deal.

carrao45
07-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Stupid Thread...

carrao45
07-03-2009, 01:09 AM
No but in all seriousness Ariza is gonna regret leaving for Houston

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:10 AM
No but in all seriousness Ariza is gonna regret leaving for Houston

umm isnt that what he implied

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Ariza looked at his offer, then looked at Sasha, Morrison, and Luke, and felt disrespected, but he should have realized the money wasnt there.

He also needs to realize that there is no point in the Lakers paying him any higher if there are no offers coming in. I'm pretty sure Mitch told the agent to give him some offers and the agent came up with nothing. Then who come knocking on the door..Ron Ron himself.

Findog
07-03-2009, 01:19 AM
If you couldn't get more than the MLE from another team, wouldn't you rather take it in LA? Ariza and his agent fumbled this one.

KSeal
07-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Yup, Ariza and his agent fucked up. Can't wait to see Ron punk the shit out of that little bitch Paul Pierce.

21_Blessings
07-03-2009, 01:27 AM
In reality, the Lakers chose Artest over Ariza. They have been after Artest for about 4 years now. The first day of free agency his agent said the Lakers didn't even offer the full MLE.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Ariza looked at his offer, then looked at Sasha, Morrison, and Luke, and felt disrespected, but he should have realized the money wasnt there.

maybe the lakers shouldve offloaded them wankers on the team who are doing jackshit....

Findog
07-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Yup, Ariza and his agent fucked up. Can't wait to see Ron punk the shit out of that little bitch Paul Pierce.

What did he ask for? 5 years, $40 million? When nobody else would give him 5 years at the 5.6 MLE slot? And the Lakers have to go dollar to dollar luxury tax penalty on top of all of that? I certainly see the logic in what LA did, and it was probably the right move after Ariza and his agent threw a hissy fit.

It certainly works out financially for the Lakers, since they incur no lux tax penalty on a more talented player in Artest. It will be easier to match offers to Odom. I just wonder: Can Artest's ball-hogging instincts be curbed in LA? Can Phil and Kobe raise his basketball IQ? Basketball only, I thought Ariza was a better fit for the team. He's already been a valuable contributor on a title team. Artest is high risk/high reward.

KSeal
maybe the lakers shouldve offloaded them wankers on the team who are doing jackshit....

Trust me, if they could they would.

TheNextGen
No doubt the agent fucked this whole shit up for Ariza.

TheNextGen
07-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Ariza got too emotional. Made the wrong decisions.

Findog
07-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Ariza got too emotional. Made the wrong decisions.

Yeah, he could've had MLE money in LA or MLE money on a cratering Houston team. Why the fuck did he choose the Rockets? He thinks he can showcase his stuff with Yao and TMac gone? Hope he likes the humidity, the strip clubs, and the traffic.

TheSpursFNRule
07-03-2009, 01:38 AM
I kind of like the idea of building around Brooks, Ariza and Scola. Ariza feels disrespected you can't blame the guy. After all he did for that team....

phyzik
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah, he could've had MLE money in LA or MLE money on a cratering Houston team. Why the fuck did he choose the Rockets? He thinks he can showcase his stuff with Yao and TMac gone? Hope he likes the humidity, the strip clubs, and the traffic.

All of which San Antonio and Dallas dont have. :rolleyes

but yeah, fuck him anyway. Im glad he's off the Lakers. :flag:

Ditty
07-03-2009, 01:42 AM
finally ariza will smell fresh air

IronMexican
07-03-2009, 01:55 AM
A UCLA player thinking he is better than he actually is.

If I had the choice though, Id take Trev over Ron. I hope the Lakers made the right move.

BlackBellamy
07-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Ah, the fresh, clean coastal air of pristine Houston! :lol

Findog
07-03-2009, 02:05 AM

If I had the choice though, Id take Trev over Ron. I hope the Lakers made the right move.

When you weigh both the financial and the basketball reasons together, I think LA made the right choice. Basketball only, I think you choose Ariza. Financial only, I think you choose Artest. Weighing both of them together, I think Artest is the way to go.

ginobili's bald spot
07-03-2009, 02:07 AM
If you couldn't get more than the MLE from another team, wouldn't you rather take it in LA? Ariza and his agent fumbled this one.

It was a miscalculated bluff by his agent. Ariza should fire that guy.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 02:51 AM
In reality, the Lakers chose Artest over Ariza. They have been after Artest for about 4 years now.

That's it. Right there.

Lars
07-03-2009, 02:54 AM
LOL at all these kids who think he got caught in a bluff. He hasnt even fucking signed yet.

The Lakers are full of a bunch of idiots and douchebags. He clearly just wants playing time and doesnt care about the money.

holcs50
07-03-2009, 02:58 AM
By leaving he should've at least gone to a contender like the Cavs-shaq said today they are very interested in him. If I was getting the same contract I would go to the cavs presently anyday over the rockets

Lars
07-03-2009, 02:59 AM
Cavs dont really have a future though. After this year, they go back to a 20 win team for ten years. Who would want to be locked into that?

Kai
07-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Ariza's gonna wake up and think about his new shoe deal in China, just for being a Rocket.

jamisont
07-03-2009, 07:20 AM
ppl around Ariza gave him some wrong ideas. i heard some ppl comparing Ariza to young scottie pippen (lakers assistant coach i think), his former coach steve lavin interviewed Ariza on radio and he was talking about 50mil contract. and his agent was spending all day on media, talking cr aps after cr aps.

dont blame anyone ariza u know it.. u and ur agent david lee was try to force lakers to choose u over Odom.

mystargtr34
07-03-2009, 07:29 AM
This wasnt the off season to fuck around like that.

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
He's gonna look in the mirror and wonder "How the fuck did i go from a championship team in LA, where i was raised, to a crap team in Houston for the MLE."

Poor Ariza. Mitch doing "payback" to Ariza's agent for the Bynum deal.

so trevor's the bad guy?

the lakers were offering him crap. 4M/yr? that's insulting, esp. when you factor in what other lakers are being paid. there are A TON of SF's in the L that get paid more than that but aren't as good as trevor

what trevor was asking for was reasonable. they wouldnt have won a ring with him. not the lakers are in a real bad situation with artest. he's bound to blow up.

resistanze
07-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I see but Ariza was trying to do, but HOUSTON? :lol

KSeal
07-03-2009, 09:09 AM
so trevor's the bad guy?

the lakers were offering him crap. 4M/yr? that's insulting, esp. when you factor in what other lakers are being paid. there are A TON of SF's in the L that get paid more than that but aren't as good as trevor

what trevor was asking for was reasonable. they wouldnt have won a ring with him. not the lakers are in a real bad situation with artest. he's bound to blow up.

How old are you, five?

Seriously, you have the stupidest most ignorant comments ever. The Lakers offered Trevor exactly what he ended up getting from Houston, the MLE, how is that crap? Trevor is a nice player, but he's a role player who plays good D and averages 8 points and 4 rebounds, you really think he's worth more then the MLE? Ariza and his agent tried to play hard ball and fucked up, it is what it is.

sook
07-03-2009, 09:42 AM
STFU we are not a crap team!!!

Everybody wants to come ehre and its clear you can see that!

21_Blessings
07-03-2009, 09:48 AM
sook if you guys can dump T-Quit's expiring for something useful you'll be ok. Or just pray he returns to 2003 form in his contract year.

Dr. Gonzo

Fresh air in Houston? That's funny.

BlackSwordsMan
I'm glad to be a rockets fan today

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
rockets---spurs= six of one, half dozen of the other.

djohn2oo8
07-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I see but Ariza was trying to do, but HOUSTON? :lol

It could have been worse....he could have signed with toronto

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 11:49 AM
so trevor's the bad guy?

Dumbass post of the day. :lobt2:

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 11:51 AM

I'd take trevor over ron too, but based on salary, NO DOUBT i'd choose Ron for that price.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 11:58 AM
the lakers are in a real bad situation with artest. he's bound to blow up.

Hells, bells, Viva, if you and the rest of your Spurs brethren will uncross your fingers, toes, and eyes maybe he won't be bound so much.

Christ, give us a f'in break.

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
It's kind of funny that everybody says Ariza made a mistake for wanting to give himself the oppurtunity to develop into a better player. It's a little more disturbing that almost everyone seems to think the easy route is the only route someone should take. I have a pretty good feeling that by the end of next season people are going to be doing a complete 180 about their judgement on this Rockets team.

BlackBellamy
07-03-2009, 12:16 PM
How old are you, five?

Seriously, you have the stupidest most ignorant comments ever. The Lakers offered Trevor exactly what he ended up getting from Houston, the MLE, how is that crap? Trevor is a nice player, but he's a role player who plays good D and averages 8 points and 4 rebounds, you really think he's worth more then the MLE? Ariza and his agent tried to play hard ball and fucked up, it is what it is.

Wouldn't he still be making less than Sasha, though? That's a little insulting to a player to play a decent roll on your team, be a part of a champ squad and to still get payed less than the some eastern European, goose-egg layin', punk, Paris-STD infested scrub. Still, the price of another (potential) championship and still being a millionaire is prolly worth signing a smaller amount of time at a discounted rate. You do have to ask yourself to some degree, what the fuck was Trevor thinking throwing around his weight so early? I don't know the financials of the Lakers that well, so I could be wrong but I thought Vujacic was set to make like 4.5 mil. this year, right?

DDS4
07-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I wonder what the Lakers' best offer to Ariza was. Kudos to Mitch for calling his bluff and moving on.

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I wonder what the Lakers' best offer to Ariza was. Kudos to Mitch for calling his bluff and moving on.

Everybody keeps saying this and I'm trying to understand why?

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-03-2009, 12:23 PM
It aint the lakers fault he's gotta dumbass agent, kiss the ring zaza..:lol

Kobe™
07-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Everybody keeps saying this and I'm trying to understand why?

Why are you puzzled?
Ariza's agent tried to play hardball with Mitch,
not knowing Mitch had pocket aces with Artest - and in the end he's fu*ked
because now Ariza goes from a contending team to a team rehabbing and all he got was basically market value with a little championship inflation attatched.

While Lakers basically get an DPOY for the MLE at 3 years.

Thunder Dan
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
this Ariza situation reminds me alot of Damon Jones in 2005 when he had a great playoff run as a system guy, teams overvalued him and unfortunately the Cavs lost that one. When DJ didn't have Shaq, he went from a 40% shooter from 3 to a 20% shooter and out of the league a couple years after. The Heat didn't even go after him in 2005 because they knew he was overvalued, same thing with Ariza.

Ditty
07-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Ariza>Artest

look at 2004 team there is just one ball

bynum sucked in the post season

the most overated player in the league

artest is not the same defensive player he use to be

im really happy that the lakers will have a guy who can't shut up on the team to get on kobe's nerves

hopefully the lakers dont pull off a losing streak or he will call out his teamates and thats never good for a lakers fan when you artest on your team :)

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Why are you puzzled?
Ariza's agent tried to play hardball with Mitch,
not knowing Mitch had pocket aces with Artest - and in the end he's fu*ked
because now Ariza goes from a contending team to a team rehabbing and all he got was basically market value with a little championship inflation attatched.

While Lakers basically get an DPOY for the MLE at 3 years.

As I said before calling a bluff means he had no other options which isn't exactly true in this situation. He could have made more than Houston or LA were willing to pay him so I really believe he made the decision that was right for him. There may be more to why he chose not to come back to the Lakers than he's telling. Besides, if Yao and Tracy can come back and be healthy by the playoffs he may get his ring in Houston.

Culburn369
07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
this Ariza situation reminds me alot of Damon Jones in 2005 when he had a great playoff run as a system guy, teams overvalued him and unfortunately the Cavs lost that one. When DJ didn't have Shaq, he went from a 40% shooter from 3 to a 20% shooter and out of the league a couple years after. The Heat didn't even go after him in 2005 because they knew he was overvalued, same thing with Ariza.

A most cogent post, Dan.

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM

The only problem with this is that Damon Jones was only good for shooting the three. Comparing him to Ariza is pretty thick even for you.

Thunder Dan
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
The only problem with this is that Damon Jones was only good for shooting the three. Comparing him to Ariza is pretty thick even for you.

I'm talking basketball not cocks

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm talking basketball not cocks

:wow

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
As I said before calling a bluff means he had no other options which isn't exactly true in this situation. He could have made more than Houston or LA were willing to pay him so I really believe he made the decision that was right for him. There may be more to why he chose not to come back to the Lakers than he's telling. Besides, if Yao and Tracy can come back and be healthy by the playoffs he may get his ring in Houston.

:lol

Sheesh man....what arnt u understanding? He wanted more money. Lakers wouldnt give it to him. Now he's stuck in Houston for practically the same amount of money the Lakers were offering. Its pretty simple.

ginobili's bald spot
07-03-2009, 12:46 PM
The Franchise doesn't get it. But everyone else does.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2197ujt.jpg

IronMexican
07-03-2009, 12:50 PM
lol franchise

lol cutler

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 12:54 PM

Sheesh man....what arnt u understanding? He wanted more money. Lakers wouldnt give it to him. Now he's stuck in Houston for practically the same amount of money the Lakers were offering. Its pretty simple.

Had it been about money he would be in Toronto. Of course the press is going to say he made a blunder, because the Lakers are the darlings of the league. No one would dare leave a championship team.

Mugen
07-03-2009, 12:56 PM
really? Damon freaking Jones??

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Had it been about money he would be in Toronto. Of course the press is going to say he made a blunder, because the Lakers are the darlings of the league. No one would dare leave a championship team.

ahh..link me an article where Toronto was gonna pay more then the MLE please. I would like to read it.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:02 PM

ALSO...if it wasnt about the money..why didnt he just stayed in LA?

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 01:16 PM
ahh..link me an article where Toronto was gonna pay more then the MLE please. I would like to read it.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/03/ariza.rockets/

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 01:17 PM
ALSO...if it wasnt about the money..why didnt he just stayed in LA?

I have a feeling that there are facts that we aren't aware of.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/03/ariza.rockets/

oh god....the agent said that. it mus be true. lol

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
oh god....the agent said that. it mus be true. lol

Doesn't make it false.

Trainwreck2100
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
This is the stupidest thread ever, when Ariza wakes up in the morning its next to a fine ass bitch, in a huge ass bed in a bad ass crib. With the knowledge that he doesn't need to work a day in his life

The Franchise
07-03-2009, 01:34 PM
This is the stupidest thread ever, when Ariza wakes up in the morning its next to a fine ass bitch, in a huge ass bed in a bad ass crib. With the knowledge that he doesn't need to work a day in his life

Now I'm depressed. :depressed

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Doesn't make it false.

Just waiting on confirmation.

sabar
07-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I doubt Ariza really cares much, he seems to be pretty down-to-earth. He got his ring and he's getting the same cash either way. His agent didn't get him the deal he wanted but I doubt he is beating himself up over it. He gets a long-term deal, cash, and playtime anyways. Extra rings are just gravy.

Turning down the Lakers offer was the smart thing to do, but unfortunately for him, Artest came into the situation and other teams weren't going to overpay after that.

daslicer
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Agreed hundred percent I made a similar post to that in another thread. Ariza aint suffering its not like he just got laid off and will have to file for unemployment status. Basically what happened LA wanted to sign him for the cheap probably less then the MLE and try to steal Artest at the same time. I'm not buying it that they didn't think about getting ARtest until now it seems like that it was move they planned all along. I don't think they ever had any plans to offer Ariza the MLE. Basically they wanted him to play for 16-18 mil vs 33 mil. I take that anyday only a damn fool would enjoy getting paid 15 mil less to have the pleasure of sniffing Kobe's jockstrap. On top of that financially in Houston cost of living is a lot cheaper then LA so he will sae his money in that aspect. I don't really see any huge benefits of being a role player in LA endorsement wise. It only benefits you if you a star like Kobe or Shaq but not some measely role player. Very few role players are going to follow the mediocre acting career of Rick Fox after their playing days are over.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Agreed hundred percent I made a similar post to that in another thread. Ariza aint suffering its not like he just got laid off and will have to file for unemployment status. Basically what happened LA wanted to sign him for the cheap probably less then the MLE and try to steal Artest at the same time. I'm not buying it that they didn't think about getting ARtest until now it seems like that it was move they planned all along. I don't think they ever had any plans to offer Ariza the MLE. Basically they wanted him to play for 16-18 mil vs 33 mil. I take that anyday only a damn fool would enjoy getting paid 15 mil less to have the pleasure of sniffing Kobe's jockstrap. On top of that financially in Houston cost of living is a lot cheaper then LA so he will sae his money in that aspect. I don't really see any huge benefits of being a role player in LA endorsement wise. It only benefits you if you a star like Kobe or Shaq but not some measely role player. Very few role players are going to follow the mediocre acting career of Rick Fox after their playing days are over.

kingmalaki
07-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Ariza isn't overvalued. You make it seem like the Rockets gave him a huge contract. If you look around the league you will notice that SF's who can defend and hit open shots make around the MLE, if not more. Ariza will be a solid defensive SF no matter what team he is on.

KSeal
07-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Ariza isn't overvalued. You make it seem like the Rockets gave him a huge contract. If you look around the league you will notice that SF's who can defend and hit open shots make around the MLE, if not more. Ariza will be a solid defensive SF no matter what team he is on.

Portland is coming for Ariza, watch out.

Lars
07-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Dont forget no state income tax in texas and it cost about half as much to live in Houston than LA.