PDA

View Full Version : Between the rock and hard place

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm wondering if I am the only one here that has a sudden onset of worry about our big man situation. It seems the 8th will take A year to get here.

My worries.

Drew Gooden- Brings offense and A array of post moves we haven't seen outside of duncan but doesn't have A defensive bone in his body. My worry with cutting him lose is. 1. Can he develop A decent defensive swagger with A full year under our system. He never played for A coach like pop.He missed A lot of D assignments but the one thing I seen in him that I didn't see in him on other teams is he really gave an effort. I think somewhere inside of him he wants to better that part of his game and what better place to do it. If he does he instantly becomes better than most of our free agent targets outside of sheed by way of his offense.2. He wants to be here and will probably be willing to negotiate and open up A few dollars for some cheap insurance. Should we offer him just under MLE and try to sign A banger who can grab A board or two or just put our eggs in the sheed and dice basket. What if he rolls out before sheed and dice decide? Doubt it but possible.Then the remaining free agents don't possess his skillset.:bang

Rasheeds Decision- The longer he takes can really screw us as many of you have mentioned. Although my gut tells me he really wants to come here other teams are targeting our B and C options. So Lets say gortat and dyess signs with other teams and sheed tells us no thanks. That wont be nice. Also it would give the fo time to round out there roster plans.
Time is really not on our side here. I just hate dangling in the wind.

It's in times like these that you really appreciate people named Greg, RC, and Peter. July 8th get your a&* here. The anxiety is setting in.:bang
This is becoming an interesting offseason quick.

Solid D
07-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm wondering if I am the only one here that has a sudden onset of worry about our big man situation. It seems the 8th will take A year to get here.

My worries.

Drew Gooden- Brings offense and A array of post moves we haven't seen outside of duncan but doesn't have A defensive bone in his body. My worry with cutting him lose is. 1. Can he develop A decent defensive swagger with A full year under our system. He never played for A coach like pop.He missed A lot of D assignments but the one thing I seen in him that I didn't see in him on other teams is he really gave an effort. I think somewhere inside of him he wants to better that part of his game and what better place to do it. If he does he instantly becomes better than most of our free agent targets outside of sheed by way of his offense.2. He wants to be here and will probably be willing to negotiate and open up A few dollars for some cheap insurance. Should we offer him just under MLE and try to sign A banger who can grab A board or two or just put our eggs in the sheed and dice basket. What if he rolls out before sheed and dice decide? Doubt it but possible.Then the remaining free agents don't possess his skillset.:bang

Rasheeds Decision- The longer he takes can really screw us as many of you have mentioned. Although my gut tells me he really wants to come here other teams are targeting our B and C options. So Lets say gortat and dyess signs with other teams and sheed tells us no thanks. That wont be nice. Also it would give the fo time to round out there roster plans.
Time is really not on our side here. I just hate dangling in the wind.

It's in times like these that you really appreciate people named Greg, RC, and Peter. July 8th get your a&* here. The anxiety is setting in.:bang
This is becoming an interesting offseason quick.

I would say invest $20 in a new keyboard where the A doesn't stick and then you can begin to change the course of your own futility as a Spurs Pokesman.

stxspurs
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
I would say invest $20 in a new keyboard where the A doesn't stick and then you can begin to change the course of your own futility as a Spurs Pokesman.

caps the "A"....wtf?:lol

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 08:01 AM
:lol I'll be that solid. You are the man. The best and only spurs fan. Maybe you can wire A broke person like me 20 bucks for A new keyboard. I'll be waiting at my local western union.

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:05 AM
i would resign drew

it was so frustrating last season to see duncan as our only post man with post moves. i was getting really tired of seeing that matt-bonner kickout action all the time. it felt great to see drew demanding the ball

but he has to understand that in SA defense comes first, so if he wants to get resigned he needs to hustle and crash the boards

i think hes willing to work on it, i'd re-sign him

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 08:08 AM
i would resign drew

it was so frustrating last season to see duncan as our only post man with post moves. i was getting really tired of seeing that matt-bonner kickout action all the time. it felt great to see drew demanding the ball

but he has to understand that in SA defense comes first, so if he wants to get resigned he needs to hustle and crash the boards

i think hes willing to work on it, i'd re-sign him

He might be the guy were looking for.

Solid D
07-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Call it a day on the thread starting there and try another day, Spurs Pokesman. It's best for all concerned.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
:lol

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Call it a day on the thread starting there and try another day, Spurs Pokesman. It's best for all concerned.
I'd have to agree with you today solid. I've had fun days on this board with posters like you. But with good comes bad.

urunobili
07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
this guy has to be poop...

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
this guy has to be poop...

Nah. Just A new guy with A couple of blemishes. Big ones though.:bking

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 10:25 AM
They have Western Unions in CT?:lmao

Yeah man. But never received A dime from them. Just sent a lot of money out.:lol

Muser
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
FA has only been open a few days, give it time.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 10:29 AM
:perv:you guys are sassy.

No need to panic, last off season blew because we had no question marks, it was stay the course. We flew as high as the Hindenburg, sailed as smooth as the Titanic. Now we are adding to our core, getting younger, we should enjoy this time.

EricB
07-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm just wondering, are you people going through this free agent thing for the very first time?

You DO understand things take time.

Your not gonna get any new news till monday cause more than likely all the teams are taking today through sunday off.

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm just wondering, are you people going through this free agent thing for the very first time?

Your not gonna get any new news till monday cause more than likely all the teams are taking today through sunday off.

Yeah. I never really cared for the process until I came here. I have understanding of it but i'm getting A crash course here on ST and learning alot.

urunobili
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Nah. Just A new guy with A couple of blemishes. Big ones though.:bking

well you smell just like it... :lol

Dr. Gonzo
07-03-2009, 10:41 AM

What do you mean? He has a friend that heard something that could've been something that was new worthy. He knows his shit.

Muser
07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
I think it's just a surprise to some that SA have made a big trade and are splashing the $$$.

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Bastards! So how does a dude living in CT become a Spurs fan? Just curious.
My uncle who was murdered some years back loved shaq and robinson. I watched alot of ball with him and I started to follow robinson because I was intrigued by his game and all around ability.I must admit the obvious that I was A casual spur fan at the time and very young. I just watched whenever they're games came on and enjoyed him avery sean vinny reid and crew do there thing but couldn't get over the hump with the rockets jazz etc in the west. After the TD miracle in 97'I really jumped on the wagon knowing they could do damage in the west. From that point on I stayed on board. Lost plenty of money betting on them against the lakers. up to 250 a series or 50 A game whatever the case was. Never liked the bigger market teams and SA was the team to beat them. It sucks now because I get chewed alive by laker fans. But this team is well run and I will roll with them cause I am not A fair weather fan. :ihit Oh.And I only get to see them in NJ or NY. Try going there with A spurs jersey. I will post pics but im yo impatient to learn.:hat

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Damn sorry to hear about your uncle, man. He'd be happy to see that you are a Spurs fan now. You can bet on los Spurs this year!!!!

Yeah post some pics...I bet those NY & NJ degenerates will curse you and spit on you if you wear that in their city. No NBA League Pass?

Yeah but nothing beats seeing them in person. I got some good pics but don't know how to post them up here. It's tough being A spur fan from CT. My people know i'm a tried and true fan up or down but to others that don't know me I can easily be affiliated with bandwagoning. But hell my boys are 4 time champs. I plan to visit the alomo some day. My father lives in CA and when I visit him and see the staples center I almost vomit and wish he chose texas so i'd have a reason besides A spur game to go there.:bang

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
My uncle who was murdered some years back loved shaq and robinson. I watched alot of ball with him and I started to follow robinson because I was intrigued by his game and all around ability.I must admit the obvious that I was A casual spur fan at the time and very young. I just watched whenever they're games came on and enjoyed him avery sean vinny reid and crew do there thing but couldn't get over the hump with the rockets jazz etc in the west. After the TD miracle in 97'I really jumped on the wagon knowing they could do damage in the west. From that point on I stayed on board. Lost plenty of money betting on them against the lakers. up to 250 a series or 50 A game whatever the case was. Never liked the bigger market teams and SA was the team to beat them. It sucks now because I get chewed alive by laker fans. But this team is well run and I will roll with them cause I am not A fair weather fan. :ihit Oh.And I only get to see them in NJ or NY. Try going there with A spurs jersey. I will post pics but im yo impatient to learn.:hat

Sorry about your uncle. I live in NYC now as well, it isn't too bad to see the spurs here at MSG. There were so many Argentine jerseys in the stands, especially when Isaiah was coaching. Mostly soccer jerseys, but it looked white and sky blue. It would be worse if the Knicks were competitive.

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry about your uncle. I live in NYC now as well, it isn't too bad to see the spurs here at MSG. There were so many Argentine jerseys in the stands, especially when Isaiah was coaching. Mostly soccer jerseys, but it looked white and sky blue. It would be worse if the Knicks were competitive.

They will be soon. Lebron won't admit it but he wants to be king of NY:king. Each team gets its turn. The knicks got to be on the list. They suffered long enough. They got to be the most persevering fans on earth. Just playing about lebron but my gut tells me he'll end up there.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I really like the Knick fans, they are really honest about their situation. I wish the Knicks and Lakers could switch places.

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I really like the Knick fans, they are really honest about their situation. I wish the Knicks and Lakers could switch places.

I agree.

duncan228
07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I got some good pics but don't know how to post them up here.

Slomo's 'How-To' Tutorials. How to emded images is post #3.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks D228

timvp
07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Stop capitalizing the word "a". It's lowercase.

Got damn.