07-03-2009, 09:28 AM
not sure what hour but just mentioned it

SpuronyourFace
07-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Fuck Collin, I hate that woman.

tmtcsc
07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Fuck Collin, I hate that woman.

:lol Love it ! He's a whiny sounding geek that thinks he knows what he's talking about.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Cowherd's predicted interview with RC in a nutshell:

Don't you think Kobe is the ultimate closer in the NBA? I mean isn't he great? How can people dislike what Kobe does for his team? How much better is Kobe than Jordan? Why does everyone want to play with Kobe?

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Cowherd's predicted interview with RC in a nutshell:

Don't you think Kobe is the ultimate closer in the NBA? I mean isn't he great? How can people dislike what Kobe does for his team? How much better is Kobe than Jordan? Why does everyone want to play with Kobe?

Answer to question 1: sound of dry heaving question 2: sound of mouth filling with puke question 3: sound of swallowing followed by a hiccup puke question 4: all out "make me skinny" projectile vomiting question 5:more puking with the distance sound of shitting, "which end to get over the toilet?" now that is the real question.

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
If anyone finds out the time can they post it please

EricB
07-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Colin will state something and keep defending it like its fact and if you disagree you are disregarded as someone who is closed minded and not intellectual enough.

vander
07-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I don't usually listen to sports radio, but when I do, I prefer then herd

SpursWench21
07-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't usually listen to sports radio, but when I do, I prefer then herd

RC next on the herd...like now after these commercials

FvckMavs
07-03-2009, 10:39 AM
RC next on the herd...like now after these commercials

link?

vander
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
link?

espn.com
radiotime.com
google.com

SpursWench21
07-03-2009, 10:41 AM
link?

I can't, on my blackberry.

Espn.com
Click on radio
Click on herd to listen
I'm sure you know this...haha but yeah sorry can't link

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
on now http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=webcams

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Hes just asking RC bout Lakers signing Artest

ElNono
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
What's is he saying? Can't listen in @ work.

ElNono
07-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Hes just asking RC bout Lakers signing Artest

LOL... Next question: "Do you know I have my vagege all wet about the Lakers?"

vander
:lol all the questions about the lakers and artest and ariza so far

Sii
LOL at cowherd telling RC Wallace to Boston is basically a done deal and RC says you must know more than I do

ESPN wants Wallace in Boston - they have been pushing it all day

Shastafarian
:lol Cowherd telling RC Sheed is going to Boston. RC's response, "Is he going to Boston?" Cowherd thinks he knows more than a GM. This is hilarious.

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Cowherd said that Wallace is going to Boston and RC seemed Surprised

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Now he's on Rubio's dick

mytespurs
07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm not much of a fan of Cowturd myself but I catch some of his bits on the espns daily podcoast I d/l daily. He seems to be Laker obsessed because everytime he has an NBA guest, the conversation seems to be about the Lakers. I'm thinking....why not talk about the guests team?

Shastafarian
07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Does he know RC is affiliated with the Spurs? Does he ask any team specific questions?

EricB
07-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Perfect time to say to Cowherd
"Well I guess that meeting we have with him next week is wrong then"

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Nope hasn't really touched on us but he did say we are successful

Shastafarian
07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Basically a worthless interview. Shocker.

PBEEZY
07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
OMG that was a waste of time...He mentioned RJ once at the start and then nothing else relating to the Spurs..anyone who missed it didn't miss much

EricB
07-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Cowherd is a huge football guy
He's prett good when talking football.

When he tries to stretch into basketball he fails pretty bad like saying Tim Duncan is not a superstar because his jersey sales are not in the top 5 and when he plays the TV ratings are not high.

His reasoning for his arguements sometimes is laughably bad.

antimvp
07-03-2009, 10:54 AM
he kept implying that rasheed was going to boston with no real evidence of such a thing.............I hope this pisses RC off so much that he DOES NOT LET RASHEED GO ANYWHERE ELSE..........RC sounded pissed.

Kindergarten Cop
Cowherd actually had very good things to say about the Spurs following the NBA draft. He stated that the reason that we have been so successful is because we've got "it". He compared us to the Patriots in the way that we have a front office that makes very little mistakes and recognize talent better than any of the other teams.

Shastafarian
Either Cowherd knows nothing about the Spurs going after Wallace or he doesn't care and wants to act like he knows more than an NBA GM. Either way he's a fuckstick.

EricB
07-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Either Cowherd knows nothing about the Spurs going after Wallace or he doesn't care and wants to act like he knows more than an NBA GM. Either way he's a fuckstick.

Uh you are correct on both actually.

He doesn't know, doesn't care, and thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Typical ESPN reporter.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Cowherd is actually doing his job, though he is a douche. He was trying to get RC to tip his hand. If RC gets defensive and spills some Cowherd looks like a good journalist. No need to freak out.

sammy
07-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm sure RC is on the phone to Sheed! Ridiculous how BSPN is pushing Sheed to Boston when he has not made a decision and is going to visit SA and Orlando nest week! They need to get their Shit facts straight!:bang

Shastafarian
07-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Cowherd is actually doing his job, though he is a douche. He was trying to get RC to tip his hand. If RC gets defensive and spills some Cowherd looks like a good journalist. No need to freak out.

That's not how you conduct an interview. You don't say something like that and hope the other guy tips his hand. Because when they don't, you look like an idiot.

Kindergarten Cop
07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
IMHO, Sheed is the type of player that would love to make all of the "experts" look like idiots. I could easily see him choosing the Spurs just because everyone at ESPN is trying to make his mind up for him. At least I hope this is true. :king

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
That's not how you conduct an interview. You don't say something like that and hope the other guy tips his hand. Because when they don't, you look like an idiot.

I didn't say he was good, he was "trying" to do his job. It is amazing Rubio is more news worthy than Blair to that doucher. You have one of the Spurs masterminds on the line!

benefactor
07-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm sure RC is on the phone to Sheed! Ridiculous how BSPN is pushing Sheed to Boston when he has not made a decision and is going to visit SA and Orlando nest week! They need to get their Shit facts straight!:bang
Nah...I'm sure he got off the phone and went right back to whatever he had planned for the day, all while keeping the Spurs meeting with Rasheed in the same exact place it was before the interview.

Russ
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
The Rasheed Wallace exchange was classic. Here are the exact quotes:

Colin: "I covered Rasheed Wallace in Portland. He is a difficult matchup, he always has been. He was with the Laker teams [sic] that beat him in the Western Conference Final.

He goes to Boston where he is now is like the third offensive option which is a nice slotting for him. I kind of this morning wake up if he becomes a Celtic, R.C., and I kind of think Boston's the team maybe to beat in the East?"

R.C.: "Well, is he going to Boston?"

Colin: "Well, it is largely speculated that the veterans have met with him and convinced him to be a Celtic."

R.C.: "Okay. Well, you know more than I do so . . ."

Colin's laughter for a moment.

R.C.: "His great length. And he creates a difficut matchup at both ends of the floor because he can spread the floor so well. So I don't know how you are gonna determine who is the favorite in the East when you've got what Cleveland's done and what Orlando's done. I think all three teams will be very, very impressive."

The lead in question about Rasheed to Boston was so long, I could almost hear the steam coming out of R.C.'s ears as it went on and on. :)

cheney212
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
i dislike cowherd he never seems to know what hes talking about

Cheddz
07-03-2009, 11:59 AM
i dislike espn morons they never seems to know what hes talking about

ftfy

Duncan2177
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Cowherd is a idiot.

Spursmania
07-03-2009, 12:26 PM
He just sounds like a complete :donkey to me.

Tbiggums47
07-03-2009, 12:28 PM
:lol Cowherd telling RC Sheed is going to Boston. RC's response, "Is he going to Boston?" Cowherd thinks he knows more than a GM. This is hilarious.

I thought this was hilarious also. RC seemed to respond with a reserved disbelief. Then stated to Cowherd "Well you know more than me." and left it at that! Does RC know something?

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2009, 12:31 PM
ESPN disgusts me, so I can't watch most of their programming..

only in our society do they hate a team full of class acts, but openly market a team with an alleged rapist that shits on his teammates, and now a woman abuser that hurts dogs..

what a world we live in..hopefully the Spurs can shut them up again for the 5th time..

Shastafarian
07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I thought this was hilarious also. RC seemed to respond with a reserved disbelief. Then stated to Cowherd "Well you know more than me." and left it at that! Does RC know something?

RC knows Rasheed has yet to visit some other teams. He knows Rasheed going to Boston is not a done deal. Then again, anyone who has a computer or watches television knows these things.

Russ
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Colin is backing off -- apparently he has been barraged by comments from Spurs fans.

Now Colin says that if Rasheed goes to SA, it will be for the weather, no state income tax, and because Boston is not "overly friendly to African-American players."

But he also says, Rasheed to the Celtics is a strong rumor and, in a rough paraphrase of the line from "The Player" -- "all rumors are true."

As regards the R.C. interview, Colin seems to regret that his comments about "Sheed to Boston," as he put it, took R.C. "by surprise."

Botom line -- Colin can filabuster, flipflop, rationalize, and backtrack with the best politicians in Washington. And he does it with great conviction. Quite impressive. After all, sincerity is a hard thing to fake.

EricB
07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
He regrets in other words looking like a complete idiot to one of the best GMs in basketball.

Got it.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Colin is backing off -- apparently he has been barraged by comments from Spurs fans.

Now Colin says that if Rasheed goes to SA, it will be for the weather, no state income tax, and because Boston is not "overly friendly to African-American players."

Did he really say that?

EricB
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah they really hate Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Eddie House.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah they really hate Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Eddie House.

I have seen this come up a few times, can someone post articles interviews something to support these claims. Not to discredit anyone, I just want to know what "hate" means in this context.

Shastafarian
07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I have seen this come up a few times, can someone post articles interviews something to support these claims. Not to discredit anyone, I just want to know what "hate" means in this context.

EricB was being sarcastic. But the general feeling is Boston as a city is less than cordial to African-Americans. Or at least that used to be the case. Ask Bill Russell.

Extra Stout
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
That was followed by a hilarious exchange between Cowherd and a caller. A Boston fan in San Antonio called to rebut the idea that Sheed would go to SA for the weather, because right now the weather is horrible, it's been like two weeks in a row of 100+ temps, nobody in their right mind would subject themselves to that by choice, etc. This was an absolute hanging curveball for Cowherd (mildly paraphrased):

"OK, let me explain something to you. The NBA is not playing right now. Basketball is a winter sport. It plays from November through May. So the fact that Texas is hot in July makes zero difference whatsoever, because players go home in the summer. So, tell me, which place would you rather be in December, San Antonio or Boston? Tell me, how often does it snow in San Antonio? Do you enjoy freezing rain? How often do you think they get freezing rain in San Antonio, huh?"

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
EricB was being sarcastic. But the general feeling is Boston as a city is less than cordial to African-Americans. Or at least that used to be the case. Ask Bill Russell.
Could you imagine Kevin Garnett having to endure a 10th of what Bill Russell has at the money Bill Russell is getting paid. Kevin is a great player, but what Bill Russell did is even more monumental if you take what he put up with into consideration. If you think 1965 was bad in Boston, imagine when the team played Atlanta on the road.

Extra Stout
07-03-2009, 12:48 PM

I think that should be enough to convince Sheed not to sign with the 1967 Celtics. Plus, the Sixers that year absolutely crushed.

Extra Stout
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Could you imagine Kevin Garnett having to endure a 10th of what Bill Russell has at the money Bill Russell is getting paid. Kevin is a great player, but what Bill Russell did is even more monumental if you take what he put up with into consideration. If you think 1965 was bad in Boston, imagine when the team played Atlanta on the road.
Yeah, especially when they showed up to the arena and had to wait three whole years for the Hawks to move there from St. Louis. It must have been really boring.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry, your right, I knew the NBA was only 8 teams strong and in the North till around there.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Bill would have still not had fun during his first trip to Atlanta. By 1968 all forms of segregation had been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court and by 1970, support for formal legal segregation had dissolved.

SonOfAGun
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Cowbrains was practically worshiping the Spurs the day after the draft.

It is very telling of ShitSPN that they are pushing this Sheed as a done deal, not that any more telling was needed of Disney's bias.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, especially when they showed up to the arena and had to wait three whole years for the Hawks to move there from St. Louis. It must have been really boring.

*crack* and that one's long gone, folks. :lol

SenorSpur
07-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Cowherd may be an original west coast guy, but he's a typical east coast blowhard. He's not the first one from that 4-letter network, that already has Sheed in Celtic green, he's just the latest.

I watched the interview when he inquired about RC's thoughts on the news of Sheed to the Celtics, and remembered thinking to myself, "what a presumptive jackass-type of question?" I laughed at RC's response. RC was cordial, in his usual, soft-spoken, casual man-pimp, kind of way.

If Cowherd, the so-called NBA experts, and Stern all had their way, the NBA would simply cancel the entire season and fast forward to the expected Celtics/Fakers Finals matchup.

I really hope Sheed upsets the natural balance and decides to sign with the Spurs. Their low-key approach should work with his disdain for publicity and spotlight.

rjv
07-03-2009, 07:56 PM
he was correct about boston and racism though. that is one racist city.

Spursfan092120
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Cowherd may be an original west coast guy, but he's a typical east coast blowhard. He's not the first one from that 4-letter network, that already has Sheed in Celtic green, he's just the latest.

I watched the interview when he inquired about RC's thoughts on the news of Sheed to the Celtics, and remembered thinking to myself, "what a presumptive jackass-type of question?" I laughed at RC's response. RC was cordial, in his usual, soft-spoken, casual man-pimp, kind of way.

If Cowherd, the so-called NBA experts, and Stern all had their way, the NBA would simply cancel the entire season and fast forward to the expected Celtics/Fakers Finals matchup.

I really hope Sheed upsets the natural balance and decides to sign with the Spurs. Their low-key approach should work with his disdain for publicity and spotlight.
That would be a beautiful thing. I used to like Cowherd...but he's become more and more of a blowhard every time I hear him..I stopped listening.

Dro210
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I turned this guys show on the other day for the first time, they show it live on ESPN classic.... I lasted about 10 minutes.

Tryed again today cause of this thread, said fuck it after 5 minutes and turned it off.

Can't remember what he was saying, but it was so wrong, and he was sitting there just repeating it over and over and over (and in such an obnoxious manner), like everybody was gonna eventually agree with him.

Fuck The Herd... Guy is 10x more of a woman than Mike Greenberg.

symple19
07-03-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL... Next question: "Do you know I have my vagege all wet about the Lakers?"
rofl - lol - lmao:tu

jag
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Cowherd can be extremely misinformed at times when it comes to the NBA, but i'm not sure why so many Spurs fans hate him. He rides the Spurs cock whenever he talks about them.
He's gone as far as to say that the Spurs and the Patriots are the two best franchises in all of sports.

Sean Cagney
07-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Cowherd can be extremely misinformed at times when it comes to the NBA, but i'm not sure why so many Spurs fans hate him. He rides the Spurs cock whenever he talks about them.
He's gone as far as to say that the Spurs and the Patriots are the two best franchises in all of sports.

Yep, people have selective memories or seriously they just look for a little bad and forget all the good someone says about them.

CaptainLate
07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Anyone hear the Cowherd interview of Ric Bucher (Thursday?). Ric said he saw Lamar Odom going to the Spurs.

ElNono
07-06-2009, 01:07 AM

Maybe he did know more than RC... :downspin:

Sean Cagney
07-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Anyone hear the Cowherd interview of Ric Bucher (Thursday?). Ric said he saw Lamar Odom going to the Spurs.

Well he is either high as hell or drunk as hell and saw it in his dreams like I see a dime girl in bed with me in my dreams!!! I wish I could write about that and get money like he does!

Russ
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Colin is crowing this morning about how he "had it right" about Sheed (which he did).

How R.C. "bristled" at him when Colin said that Sheed had already decided to go to Boston.

Colin said he would have gone to SA for the weather, food and "10 acres" but Rasheed was heavily influenced by Garnett and Paul Pierce.

Finally, Colin said: "Can you imagine SA with Duncan, Sheed, Richard Jefferson, Manu and Tony Parker -- that would have been an unbelievable roster."

Personally, I think the Spurs can spend the MLE more productively.