PDA

View Full Version : Artest And Ariza Swap Places

GodFamilySPURS
07-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Ron Artest met with Lakers executives throughout the day on Thursday and agreed to terms of about $18 million over three years. Other reports have indicated that Artest would receive a five-year deal from the Lakers worth $33 million.
Trevor Ariza agreed to a five-year deal with the Rockets for about $33 million, roughly the same that the Lakers had offered in their effort to retain him.
"I had to do what was best for me and family," Ariza said. "I am happy with my decision. I'm glad this all worked out. The Rockets are going to give me a chance to improve my game and that's all you can ask for."
Ariza had a more lucrative offer from another team, according to his agent.
"I am very excited to finally be going to L.A.," Artest said in a statement. "For years now, the Lakers have expressed interest in having me play for them, but we could never get the stars to align.I'm finally a Laker and I can't wait to get on the court with Kobe, Pau [Gasol] and the rest of the team, and play for Phil [Jackson].
"The Lakers really made me feel wanted. . . . I look forward to helping the Lakers defend their championship, and it will be great to finally not get booed in the Staples Center.
"I had a great talk today with Phil. I'm a huge fan of his and I can't wait to show him what I can do. I also spoke with Magic Johnson last night. In addition, my agent has been in constant contact with Mitch Kupchak. I made my decision after I had lunch today with Dr. Buss and I realized what a great organization I'm joining."

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

I wanted Arizza to come to the SPURS!!

Dr. Gonzo
07-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Damn. That's breaking news!

Muser
07-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Damn. That's breaking news!

:lol

sook
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Holyshit!

You heard it here first fellas'

spurspokesman
07-03-2009, 11:49 AM
LA is maybe A tad better but it seems not to far from A wash for me. Each one of those guys had A tool the other didn't and with the head issues ron has maybe ariza takes the cake. Just my opinion.

redskinfan
07-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I just dont see ow this makes LA better, Ron has lost most of his defensive skills and is now just a perimeter player who jacks up bad shots!

The_Game
07-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I just dont see ow this makes LA better, Ron has lost most of his defensive skills and is now just a perimeter player who jacks up bad shots!

Ron Artest is still a elite defender...only a guy who is clueless would suggest otherwise. Yeah he isn't as great as he was but he is still a top 3-5 defender for his position.

jman3000
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
"Ex-Laker makes extraordinary blunder" (Ariza)

Give me a fucking break. Fucking Yahoo news.

bishopospurs
07-03-2009, 01:07 PM
"Ex-Laker makes extraordinary blunder" (Ariza)

Give me a fucking break. Fucking Yahoo news.

seriously, the Lakers locker room is going to be interesting. The last guy to be in LA and be head strong got sent Miami. I wouldn't want to be on the floor with them together. Every shot you miss Kobe and Ron think they could have made it. Houston gives Ariza a better chance to see just how good he can become.