PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Ariza got what he deserved when he chose David Lee as his agent

DrHouse
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I loved this guy as a Laker but he gets no sympathy from me for what his agent did to his career. He gainfully employed this guy and fully deserves what he got coming to him.

It didn't make any sense to me why Kupchak would dump Ariza like a sack of rocks and jump ship to Artest once free agency began. Kupchak is very conservative and I know he was willing to give Ariza the contract he deserved, which was slightly above the MLE. Ariza's greed and money hungry agent thought they could play hardball and force Mitch into paying him significantly more and the whole thing ended up backfiring in his face. Now Ariza is stuck on a shitty HOU team going into rebuild mode while he watches his hometown team likely make it back to the Finals.

He just learned a very valuable business lesson. Don't fuck with Buss.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13174

Ariza was Plan A: With the Los Angeles Laker boldly agreeing to terms with forward Ron Artest, General Manager Mitch Kupchak has landed a player the team has been itching to acquire since he was in Indiana.

The cost was the well-liked Trevor Ariza, who has agreed to sign an MLE deal with the Houston Rockets (~$32.3 million).

A source tells HOOPSWORLD that Kupchak was prepared to give Ariza an offer equivalent to the full MLE but at 10.5% raises, totaling at approximately $33.8 million over five years.

LA's ceiling might have been a $6 million starting salary for $36 million over five but before negotiations progressed after 9:00pm Pacific on Tuesday night, the source says that Ariza's agent, David Lee, took a confrontational approach with Kupchak.

Lee wanted a deal in the $50 million range and took offense to the team's stance that Trevor should test the market first for that level of compensation.

By the next morning, the Lakers were going after Artest in full force with Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and even Magic Johnson reaching out to the Houston forward.

LA was acknowledging privately that Ariza was going down the path of Ronny Turiaf, a player the team had great affection for and wanted to keep but couldn't because of economics.

Ariza's agent ended up settling for significantly less money with the Rockets, at least based on the expectations he presented to Kupchak.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
dumbass agent

Ditty
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM
lol odom worry about your own contract bud

except artests

z0sa
07-03-2009, 01:39 PM
david lee is an agent too?

mavs>spurs2
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey did you know there's a thread talking about how fucking stupid you are? I'm about to go all Leonard/SpursDynasty on your ass

DrHouse
07-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey did you know there's a thread talking about how fucking stupid you are? I'm about to go all Leonard/SpursDynasty on your ass

You're so obsessed with me, it's kind of cute. I've got my own little stalker.

JamStone
07-03-2009, 01:46 PM
So Andrew Bynum got what he deserved too? A four year extension worth about $14.5 million per? He deserve that for choosing David Lee as his agent?

mavs>spurs2
07-03-2009, 01:58 PM

No I'm just calling it like I see it, you're a little 17 year old douchebag with no social life just trying to piss ppl off and I see right through it.

TheProfessor
07-03-2009, 02:12 PM
No, everyone thinks you're fucking stupid.

xellos88330
07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
So Andrew Bynum got what he deserved too? A four year extension worth about $14.5 million per? He deserve that for choosing David Lee as his agent?

I am thinking that is why the Lakers told Lee to go fuck himself. Bynum has been hurt quite a bit and hasn't been able to really "earn" the money.

IronMexican
07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd be pissed if Bynum doesn't do his job next season.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
i am thinking that is why the lakers told lee to go fuck himself. Bynum has been hurt quite a bit and hasn't been able to really "earn" the money.

qft

Spurs9
07-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Thats why you don't pick a New York player to be your agent.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I get where Trevor is coming from and LA should have stepped up and offered him 6M per. But why would Ariza choose Houston? Why not the Cavs or the Spurs?

Ghazi
07-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I bet Dr House didn't even know who David Lee was 2 days ago.

DeadlyDynasty
lol, you know Ariza is regretting this already

TheMACHINE
I get where Trevor is coming from and LA should have stepped up and offered him 6M per. But why would Ariza choose Houston? Why not the Cavs or the Spurs?

he wanted 50 million.

IronMexican
07-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I bet Dr House didn't even know who David Lee was 2 days ago.

I remember he posted on CL as gumbygld. He broke the Ariza trade before anyone else. People figured out it was Lee when he was talking about Bynum deserved max.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
he wanted 50 million.

He did not get that. He is with the Rockets for 32.

exstatic
07-03-2009, 03:05 PM
How old is Bynum? Isn't his agent this same guy? That could be ugly the next time around...

DPG21920
So if he was going to settle for less, why choose the Rockets?

TheMACHINE
He did not get that. He is with the Rockets for 32.

he wanted 50 mill from the Lakers

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM

probably the most someone offered

djohn2oo8
07-03-2009, 03:06 PM

More playing time

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
he wanted 50 mill from the Lakers

Are you this dense? He did not get that. So knowing he would not get that, which he didn't, why choose Houston for the money he could have gotten from the Spurs, Cavs, Lakers....

Take the Lakers out of the equation since he was not going to stay anyways, why choose Houston.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
More playing time

He could have got the most money and playing time in Toronto.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Are you this dense? He did not get that. So knowing he would not get that, which he didn't, why choose Houston for the money he could have gotten from the Spurs, Cavs, Lakers....

Take the Lakers out of the equation since he was not going to stay anyways, why choose Houston.

5 year contract...come on man..think a little bit.

Muser
07-03-2009, 03:09 PM

I can't think of any logical sense, retarded move by Ariza.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:15 PM
5 year contract...come on man..think a little bit.

He had multiple offers, wtf are you talking about. The money was the same or better everywhere else for Ariza. Houston is not offering him anything money wise or years wise that he could not have gotten else where.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Another question: None of this is finalized as of yet. If Ariza came to the Lakers and said he would take the MLE, would they want him or would they keep Artest?

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 03:17 PM
He had multiple offers, wtf are you talking about. The money was the same or better everywhere else for Ariza. Houston is not offering him anything money wise or years wise that he could not have gotten else where.

links please.

Kobe™
07-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Trevor was plan A all along,
but his agent definitely f'd it up for him

A source tells HOOPSWORLD that Kupchak was prepared to give Ariza an offer equivalent to the full MLE but at 10.5% raises, totaling at approximately $33.8 million over five years.

LA's ceiling might have been a $6 million starting salary for $36 million over five but before negotiations progressed after 9:00pm Pacific on Tuesday night, the source says that Ariza's agent, David Lee, took a confrontational approach with Kupchak.

Lee wanted a deal in the $50 million range and took offense to the team's stance that Trevor should test the market first for that level of compensation.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
There is your link above.

Muser
07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Trevor was plan A all along,
but his agent definitely f'd it up for him

I'd consider getting a new Agent if that's true.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 03:25 PM
There is your link above.

Where? I Dont see anything about 5 year offers or bigger contracts from any other teams? Please link.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Look at all the articles and read. It has been said he had a bigger offer (over the MLE) from Toronto, the article above said the Lakers were willing to offer him the full MLE for 5 years, and the Cavs made an offer.

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
too bad he didnt get what he deserved after those back-to-back steals against denver helping the lakers big time win a ring

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Look at all the articles and read. It has been said he had a bigger offer (over the MLE) from Toronto, the article above said the Lakers were willing to offer him the full MLE for 5 years, and the Cavs made an offer.

oh.....i read it...so the agent says Toronto offered a bigger deal..yah his AGENT....Eric Pincus the writer also said the Toronto deal was never confirmed. Wheres the Cavs offer? What is it?

Cavs wouldnt offer a 5 year deal...they arnt even sure if Lebron is coming back.

Kobe™
07-03-2009, 03:54 PM
too bad he didnt get what he deserved after those back-to-back steals against denver helping the lakers big time win a ring

If big plays equals big money then Derek Fisher should be earning 10+ Mil

:toast

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 03:55 PM
oh.....i read it...so the agent says Toronto offered a bigger deal..yah his AGENT....Eric Pincus the writer also said the Toronto deal was never confirmed. Wheres the Cavs offer? What is it?

Cavs wouldnt offer a 5 year deal...they arnt even sure if Lebron is coming back.

So you ask for a link to an article, then you do not believe it. What do you want, a copy of the offer faxed to you?

What about the Lakers offer that was 5 years full MLE?

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 04:14 PM
What about the Lakers offer that was 5 years full MLE?

Like i said, the Agent wanted more. sheeesh...so Mitch was like...then GTFO while i sign Artest.

DPG21920
07-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Like i said, the Agent wanted more. sheeesh...so Mitch was like...then GTFO while i sign Artest.

Like you said he wanted more, but signed for the same amount.

daslicer
07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
If getting what he deserves means getting 33 mil in Houston hell I definitely would love to get that punishment. I don't know full details of what actually went down. Was LA really willing to offer him that money or like its been mentioned in other threads that they wanted Artest all along thus he was never going to get that money from LA anyways. He couldn't have gone to the spurs because they need a big and there is no way they would have blown the MLE on him so eliminate the spurs from the equation. Essentially it comes down to Houston and Cleveland whereas the future is uncertain in Cleveland. If Lebron leaves Cleveland next summer that would leave Trevor stuck in a craphole for several years. Financailly Trevor is going to be fine I don't think he will be crying tommorow morning he has 33 million reasons to get up plus real estate is a lot cheaper in Houston then LA so he probably saved some money in that aspect.

TheMACHINE
07-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Like you said he wanted more, but signed for the same amount.

Exactly why the Agent fucked this one over. What the heck are we arguing over again?

Spursfan092120
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
No, everyone thinks you're fucking stupid.
http://mjksciteachingideas.com/images/bingo.jpg

Spurtacus
07-03-2009, 06:06 PM
4 Ariza threads on the first page. SAD.

carrao45
07-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I loved this guy as a Laker but he gets no sympathy from me for what his agent did to his career. He gainfully employed this guy and fully deserves what he got coming to him.

It didn't make any sense to me why Kupchak would dump Ariza like a sack of rocks and jump ship to Artest once free agency began. Kupchak is very conservative and I know he was willing to give Ariza the contract he deserved, which was slightly above the MLE. Ariza's greed and money hungry agent thought they could play hardball and force Mitch into paying him significantly more and the whole thing ended up backfiring in his face. Now Ariza is stuck on a shitty HOU team going into rebuild mode while he watches his hometown team likely make it back to the Finals.

Man everybody hates you

DenDen
07-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Lakers fan are the most sorry fairweather fan ever. I feel bad for Ariza, save the laker ass on so many occasion, and now you're taking a dump on him. Kobe is not immortal he will decline, your laker gonna suck, then hop on the nuts of whatever team lebron is on.

sabar
07-04-2009, 03:35 AM
How did Ariza get what he deserves? The job of the agent is to get their clients long-term deals and to try to get the most value for their client as possible. Him just saying "yeah Ariza will sign for the MLE no problem" would of been totally retarded and he would have no clients. Ariza tested the waters and didn't make it out any worse financially and that is all that matters. He had a chance for more cash and went for it -- anyone else here would of done the same.

All that matters is that you get what you could of gotten or higher. Lakers had the MLE and he ended up with the MLE, he won. His agent would of been stupid if no one wanted him and he pulled a latrell spreewell "gotta feed my family" deal. But that isn't what happened.

Ariza and his agent made the best choice in Ariza's financial interest, just like the Lakers made the best choice financially with Artest at MLE. It's a business people.

jonnybravo
07-04-2009, 03:54 AM
How did Ariza get what he deserves? The job of the agent is to get their clients long-term deals and to try to get the most value for their client as possible. Him just saying "yeah Ariza will sign for the MLE no problem" would of been totally retarded and he would have no clients. Ariza tested the waters and didn't make it out any worse financially and that is all that matters. He had a chance for more cash and went for it -- anyone else here would of done the same.

All that matters is that you get what you could of gotten or higher. Lakers had the MLE and he ended up with the MLE, he won. His agent would of been stupid if no one wanted him and he pulled a latrell spreewell "gotta feed my family" deal. But that isn't what happened.

Ariza and his agent made the best choice in Ariza's financial interest, just like the Lakers made the best choice financially with Artest at MLE. It's a business people.

Bro, the Lakers threw the same money that Houston did. The ~ of a full MLE. Jesus...

sabar
07-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Bro, the Lakers threw the same money that Houston did. The ~ of a full MLE. Jesus...

That doesn't matter. The point is you try for more money, whether it is there or not is all hindsight.

DrHouse
07-04-2009, 04:12 AM
That doesn't matter. The point is you try for more money, whether it is there or not is all hindsight.

That's not the point of contention fuckstick.

The Lakers told Ariza and his agent, go out and bring us back offers that are significantly above the MLE and we'll reconsider. At that point BOTH Ariza and his agent said FU to the Lakers and went public and trashed the organization saying they did not respect Ariza.

FUCK THAT. Seriously, that's not how you do business.

Kai
07-04-2009, 04:18 AM
This makes me wonder what went on in the conversation between Ariza and Morey when we were trying to woo him over to the Rockets. We have to have some sort of idea of what we are going to do, seeing as we don't really have any real money to spend with no backup or starting center for at least half of the season. Something must have sounded appealing to Trevor. Maybe it was just our second round series when he saw hard-working scrubs giving the Lakers all they can handle.

sabar
07-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Seriously, that's not how you do business.

Guess you haven't seen many offseasons in the NBA then.

Problem is homers of every team think their players are all about championships and winning. Fact is, they all want cold, hard cash first, with very few exceptions.

Why is Ariza saying he was disrespected special? Someone gets disrespected every damn season by someone, real or imagined in the NBA. They wanted to leverage the lakers into getting Ariza his paycheck and it didn't work. He still got the MLE the lakers would of given. How does he lose? He has his ring and he still gets long-term money that he would of gotten anyways.

No one cares about playing for the hometown team or for contenders. The only ones that do are at the tail end of their careers when they realize they will be remembered for nothing.

Judging by all the Ariza threads here, this whole situation was only notable because he was a Laker. Yet lakerfan acts like Ariza pulled a spreewell

http://ballhype.com/story/latrell_sprewell_needs_some_cash/

sabar
07-04-2009, 04:21 AM
This makes me wonder what went on in the conversation between Ariza and Morey when we were trying to woo him over to the Rockets. We have to have some sort of idea of what we are going to do, seeing as we don't really have any real money to spend with no backup or starting center for at least half of the season. Something must have sounded appealing to Trevor. Maybe it was just our second round series when he saw hard-working scrubs giving the Lakers all they can handle.

Huge amounts of playtime on a depleted roster will increase his ppg a good deal and increase his future stock.

Culburn369
07-04-2009, 05:04 AM
...OR, he'll feel so much pressure to increase his ppg on that depleted roster that he'll step out the side door.

mystargtr34
07-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Andrew Bynum says otherwise.

YellowFever
07-04-2009, 12:19 PM
No...Trevor deserved better than what he got.

His agent just fucked up.

I'm glad Artest in on the team but I'm still going to miss him.

21_Blessings
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Andrew Bynum says otherwise.

:lol Funny coming from a fan of the team paying Richard Jefferson 14 million next year. :lmao

I guarantee you Bynum will earn his contract more than Jefferson. That fairy faggot RJ couldn't even spell defense if Luke's life depended on it.

Banzai
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
RJ likes the fact that he is much closer to Luke Walton.

babyfederer
07-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Huge amounts of playtime on a depleted roster will increase his ppg a good deal and increase his future stock.

Future stock? I hope you dont mean that he will want to get payed more in the future. He signed a deal for 5 years. If you sign a deal for 5 years to me it means that you just want to become a better player and get in a comfort zone where you can live a good professional basketball life. Yes you can get extensions but thats no guarantee. I think he went to the Rockets bc he saw how much passion and how hardworking they are.

The Franchise
07-04-2009, 02:30 PM
:lol Funny coming from a fan of the team paying Richard Jefferson 14 million next year. :lmao

I guarantee you Bynum will earn his contract more than Jefferson. That fairy faggot RJ couldn't even spell defense if Luke's life depended on it.

Didn't think this one out did ya?

carrao45
07-05-2009, 12:57 AM

For once dont be such a Faggot. Be grateful for him, because no 15th Title without him

noob cake
07-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Blah blah blah, everything in this thread doesn't matter.

Ariza chose the Rockets over more money (Raptors) and better teams (Lakers and Cavs).

We locked him up for the duration of his prime;

If Battier doesn't get traded, he'll be under Batman's wings learnings the secrets to defensive glue basketball.

:lol Fakers bashing Ariza

TheNextGen
07-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Blah blah blah, everything in this thread doesn't matter.

Ariza chose the Rockets over more money (Raptors) and better teams (Lakers and Cavs).

We locked him up for the duration of his prime;

If Battier doesn't get traded, he'll be under Batman's wings learnings the secrets to defensive glue basketball.

:lol Fakers bashing Ariza

You are right. Now that you have Ariza, you will be winning the championship.

mystargtr34
07-05-2009, 03:13 AM

I would prefer paying 14 million for someone who can stay on the court for more than 5 minutes at a time without getting into foul trouble. The 20 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists are just a bonus.

You seem to have a pretty big fascination with RJ and Luke's relationship. You like thinking about two men being together?

carrao45
07-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Fuck whoever is being a fag about Ariza

DrHouse
07-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Fuck whoever is being a fag about Ariza

Hi fag!

carrao45
07-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Hi fag!

People hate you.
And you're basically the TshlongII of Laker Fans

Ron Ron Artest
07-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I still cant figure out how laker fans are saying that Ariza "got what he deserved." What did he get that he deserved exactly? He obviously chose to leave all by himself.... This is just all so confusing to me as to why laker fans are so mad about this situation. He left and is coming to Houston, get over it. Seems like to me he did get what he deserved and that is the MLE and a chance to get a lot more playing time and improve his game. Otherwise I dont see what else he deserved that he got

djohn2oo8
07-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I still cant figure out how laker fans are saying that Ariza "got what he deserved." What did he get that he deserved exactly? He obviously chose to leave all by himself.... This is just all so confusing to me as to why laker fans are so mad about this situation. He left and is coming to Houston, get over it. Seems like to me he did get what he deserved and that is the MLE and a chance to get a lot more playing time and improve his game. Otherwise I dont see what else he deserved that he got

It's just that Laker fans are astounded by the fact that one of their key players actually left L.A.

Laker fans reaction: "But, But, we're L.A.!!!"

DrHouse
07-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Are you really this dense?

Laker fans loved Ariza. He easily got the 2nd loudest cheers at the parade.

But we all understood that business is a reality of the NBA and that Ariza would be the hardest to resign. Mitch offered Trevor exactly what I thought he would, the MLE. Trevor had every right to go look for a better deal, but it was the WAY IN WHICH HIS AGENT HANDLED THE BUSINESS that we are upset about. His agent told Mitch from the start to go fuck himself after Mitch offered the MLE and said to Trevor that he should go find those better deals and bring them back so the Lakers could think about matching them. And what does Ariza ultimately end up signing for, the MLE.

If the kid and his agent had any brains they would not have been so hostile in negotiations. Trevor could be making the same god damn money on a championship team, but now he's stuck on a craptastic team that prob. won't even make the playoffs next season.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 06:57 PM
It's just that Laker fans are astounded by the fact that one of their key players actually left L.A.

Laker fans reaction: "But, But, we're L.A.!!!"

And a better player came and signed for less to play in LA :lol

You think Trevor wants to be playing in Crutch City? Hell no he doesn't, if he's going to be making the same exact money your in pure denial to think he'd rather be in Houston then LA. His agent fucked everything up.

InK
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM
And a better player came and signed for less to play in LA :lol

You think Trevor wants to be playing in Crutch City? Hell no he doesn't, if he's going to be making the same exact money your in pure denial to think he'd rather be in Houston then LA. His agent fucked everything up.

The way he got treated in the end i don't think he is gonna miss L.A a whole lot.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
The way he got treated in the end i don't think he is gonna miss L.A a whole lot.

You obviously have no clue what happened. Go look it up and then come back and comment.

InK
07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
You obviously have no clue what happened. Go look it up and then come back and comment.

Trevor's agent is a moron, so what? Trevor was obviously willing to sign for MLE, his agent was obviously prepared to accept that scenario as well, Lakers FO was prepared to pay it. How is this good bussines for anyone involved if even the moron who started this thread claims Trevor > Artest. This was personal in the end, Trevor knows it, so why be all nostalgic about getting screwed?

KSeal
07-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Trevor's agent is a moron, so what? Trevor was obviously willing to sign for MLE, his agent was obviously prepared to accept that scenario as well, Lakers FO was prepared to pay it. How is this good bussines for anyone involved if even the moron who started this thread claims Trevor > Artest. This was personal in the end, Trevor knows it, so why be all nostalgic about getting screwed?

So you found out what happened and took back your initial statement, good work.

InK
07-05-2009, 08:13 PM
So you found out what happened and took back your initial statement, good work.

Sad reading skills. I said Trevor won't miss L.A land after this, why would he? In Mitch's eyes he is apperently worth less then his petty fued with David Lee.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Sad reading skills. I said Trevor won't miss L.A land after this, why would he? In Mitch's eyes he is apperently worth less then his petty fued with David Lee.

Why should he miss "L.A land"? Because he left a team on the verge of multiple championships where he was beloved to instead leave his hometown to go to Crutch City, Houston, where they're rebuilding, all because his agent over played his hand and fucked his client.

sook
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Why should he miss "L.A land"? Because he left a team on the verge of multiple championships where he was beloved to instead leave his hometown to go to Crutch City, Houston, where they're rebuilding, all because his agent over played his hand and fucked his client.

Hey fuck you.

InK
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM

.....and becasue Mitch wanted to play who's dick is the longest at the expense of your team and "future dealings with FA players". This story has two idiots in it, and Ariza got away from one a few days ago, and is probably gonna part ways with the other one in the next few days. All good.

carrao45
07-05-2009, 08:58 PM
House should stop making threads

Venti Quattro
07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Here is Trevor Ariza's agent

http://www.reezle.com/pics/rating/gumbygld.jpg

TheMACHINE
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM

LoL...you've been diggin yourself a hole for the last few posts. JUST STOP.

Ron Ron Artest
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Are you really this dense?

Laker fans loved Ariza. He easily got the 2nd loudest cheers at the parade.

But we all understood that business is a reality of the NBA and that Ariza would be the hardest to resign. Mitch offered Trevor exactly what I thought he would, the MLE. Trevor had every right to go look for a better deal, but it was the WAY IN WHICH HIS AGENT HANDLED THE BUSINESS that we are upset about. His agent told Mitch from the start to go fuck himself after Mitch offered the MLE and said to Trevor that he should go find those better deals and bring them back so the Lakers could think about matching them. And what does Ariza ultimately end up signing for, the MLE.

If the kid and his agent had any brains they would not have been so hostile in negotiations. Trevor could be making the same god damn money on a championship team, but now he's stuck on a craptastic team that prob. won't even make the playoffs next season.

So what did he get that he deserved?? More of a chance to improve his game? More playing time?Im just trying to figure out what he deserved here, thats all...

I like how you think you know exactly how this whole situation went down. Maybe Ariza just doesnt like the Lakers as much as you think everyone else does. Did that ever occur to you?

TheMACHINE
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
So what did he get that he deserved?? More of a chance to improve his game? More playing time?Im just trying to figure out what he deserved here, thats all...

I like how you think you know exactly how this whole situation went down. Maybe Ariza just doesnt like the Lakers as much as you think everyone else does. Did that ever occur to you?

hey Ron Ron Artest...Welcome to LA! (Love you username...gonna join the Lakers bandwagon?)

Yah...Ariza wants to leave the Lakers to play in Houston. Good luck convincing people and the "Real" Ron Artest that. LOL.

DynastyBuilder
07-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Actually just listening to Myers and Hartman and Trevor was on there. Ariza said it himself, the Lakers never offered him anything. They told him they thought he'd bring MLE money, then they went and got Artest with theirs.

There's two sides to every story but let's face it, once the Lakers found out they could get Artest for the MLE they had no interest in Trevor for that money.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Actually just listening to Myers and Hartman and Trevor was on there. Ariza said it himself, the Lakers never offered him anything. They told him they thought he'd bring MLE money, then they went and got Artest with theirs.

There's two sides to every story but let's face it, once the Lakers found out they could get Artest for the MLE they had no interest in Trevor for that money.

So the Lakers just felt Artest was a better player, eh? Nothing to do with "being more respected" like Lee said? Like all Laker fans have been saying, Trevor wanted to be here, and now he is bummed out he wont be.

DynastyBuilder
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
According to Trevor nothing was ever offered from the Lakers, so that would be disrespected in my opinion.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I suppose. Lee made it sound like he was just more respected in Houston, as opposed to LA. I hear Trevor did say he was happy to go to Houston, so that thread about Ariza backing out of that can just die.

DynastyBuilder
07-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Well I think being offered the MLE would be more respected from the Rocket organization, than being offered nothing from the Lakers.

Money asked him directly about backing out and Trevor said he was definitely going to Houston.

Mugen
07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
wherever he goes, it'd be fun to see him lay out kobe like he did Rudy.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Also! Just read on CL that Shannon Brown is re-signing for 2 years!

ginobili's bald spot
07-06-2009, 06:37 PM
wherever he goes, it'd be fun to see him lay out kobe like he did Rudy.

Keep dreaming. While you're at it you can dream about manu staying healthy and the Spurs being contenders again.

ginobili's bald spot
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Also! Just read on CL that Shannon Brown is re-signing for 2 years!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :danceclub

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have re-signed guard Shannon Brown(notes) for two years, $4.2 million.

cobbler
07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
According to Trevor nothing was ever offered from the Lakers, so that would be disrespected in my opinion.

So David Lee goes public before the FA start date saying he thinks Trevor should command betwee 8-10 mil. The lakers say one of two things per the two sides. 1. we think you command MLE, go out and see what the offers are and get back to us. 2. No offer of the MLE, go out and see what the offers are and get back to us.

How is that disrespect? I don't see it. Even Trevor at that point said.... I understand its a business etc etc.

Then Lee says they are being disrespected. Now go back to the Bynum negotiations and he did the same crap by using the media to negotiate.

At that point, if your the lakers... you have 2 players you can sign. One who is arguably better than the other and wants to sign NOW for the MLE... and the other who playing you through the media with a jerk agent and could walk and lose artest also in a prolonged process.

What would you do?

Disrespect is just the word used by Lee to basically say... I screwed up and didnt read the market correctly. Nothing more.

carrao45
07-06-2009, 09:00 PM

I think he's trying to imply he deserves to be on a lottery bound team. Which he doesnt

carrao45
07-06-2009, 09:02 PM

That's business

iggypop123
07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
That's business

yeah its basically saying go out in the market and get what you can then we either match it or you are gone. they said no so the lakers had artest waiting and lee was burned