PDA

View Full Version : Championship contenders offseason fail

SpursDynasty
07-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Is it just me or shouldn't teams that reached the Conference or NBA Finals, or won the championship, try to keep their teams intact as much as possible? A bucket here or there, and Orlando are the NBA champions. Why shake up the team? If you actually won the damn championship, why change any part of the team? You finish with the NBA's best record, why bring in an aging center?

1. LA Lakers - Don't get me wrong, I don't think this guy is THAT good. But he did start in all the playoff games for the Lakers on their way to their fake championship. It's more about how stupid a move it is to bring in Ron Artest than it is to let Trevor Ariza go. They're bringing in a guy who shot 39% in the playoffs and letting go a guy who shot 49% in the playoffs. You do the math. Laker Fail.

2. Orlando Magic - This may be the worst team this summer in terms of offseason activity. This is a team that reached the NBA Finals, and TWO players who were in the starting lineup for that NBA Finals team are now gone. Rafer Alston was brought in to make up for Jameer Nelson's absence, but if Orlando made it to the Finals with Alston as it's starting PG, why change that? Hedo Turkoglu, another solid offensive player gone. Orlando is back to having Dwight Howard and Rashard as the only offensive options, and we all know how that usually turns out. Orlando Epic Fail.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers - The Cavaliers lost in the playoffs because they played a team better than them. Bringing in Shaq isn't going to change anything. Shaq didn't even MAKE THE PLAYOFFS last season, how is he going to help Cleveland win a championship? A team that wins 66 games doesn't need to make any major moves. Fail.

4. Boston Celtics - I don't know if they're bringing in Rasheed or anything but I remember a few weeks back hearing about Ray Allen and Rondo possibly headed out? Doesn't look like it anymore but that's just plain idiotic for those talks to have even begun for a team that was 66-16 and the NBA champions a year ago.

I predict the Lakers, Magic, and Cavs are all second round eliminations next year.

Double-Up
07-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Shut the fuck up please.

Kobe™
07-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

R4R
07-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I love reading SD threads :lmao They're full of life...

JamStone
07-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I like the feeling you're giving me.
Just hold me, baby, and I'm in ecstasy.
Oh I'll be working from nine to five
to buy you things to keep you by my side.
I swear I'm keeping you satisfied.
Cuz you're the one for me.
The way you make me feel.
You really turn me on.
You knock me off of my feet.
My lonely days are gone.
Ah-cha-oooh!

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l180/justice930/Michael_Jackson_BOW4_by_limka.gif

Extra Stout
07-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't see the big deal. The Lakers are just signing free agents they are supposed to sign. No surprise there. And the Cavs and Magic aren't doing anything special; they're just making some trades. Making your trades as opposed to missing them is just being lucky. And if you're just making your trades and signing the free agents you're supposed to sign, you're not doing anything impressive.

KSeal
07-03-2009, 07:20 PM
If the Spurs don't find a legit big they will have had the biggest off season fail of them all.

Chieflion
07-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Obviously, SpursDynasty did not want to place Hedo's trip to Portland in his list.

iggypop123
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
wow just the fact that the spurs arent considered a championship contender speaks volumes as to what spursdynasty thinks of them

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Is it just me or shouldn't teams that reached the Conference or NBA Finals, or won the championship, try to keep their teams intact as much as possible?

no it's not just you, i agree

i think nexts years conference finals will be spurs v. lakers, cleveland v. celtics

who comes out on top i dont know. but you know i'm cheering for spurs/celtics nba finals. it'd be great to see KG and TD go at it one more time

Tacker
07-03-2009, 08:22 PM
This thread is a huge bag of fail. You say that the Cavaliers lost in the playoffs because they played a team better than them but previously you mentioned that the Orlando Magic lost two of their starters. Here is the equation for you

Orlando + 2 starters vs Cleveland = Orlando Win
Orlando - 2 starters vs Cleveland + Shaq = Cleveland win

Double-Up
07-03-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.onlyfunnyimages.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/ac106_redneck-toilet.jpg

LEONARD
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Is it just me or shouldn't teams that reached the Conference or NBA Finals, or won the championship, try to keep their teams intact as much as possible? A bucket here or there, and Orlando are the NBA champions. Why shake up the team? If you actually won the damn championship, why change any part of the team? You finish with the NBA's best record, why bring in an aging center?

1. LA Lakers - Don't get me wrong, I don't think this guy is THAT good. But he did start in all the playoff games for the Lakers on their way to their fake championship. It's more about how stupid a move it is to bring in Ron Artest than it is to let Trevor Ariza go. They're bringing in a guy who shot 39% in the playoffs and letting go a guy who shot 49% in the playoffs. You do the math. Laker Fail.

2. Orlando Magic - This may be the worst team this summer in terms of offseason activity. This is a team that reached the NBA Finals, and TWO players who were in the starting lineup for that NBA Finals team are now gone. Rafer Alston was brought in to make up for Jameer Nelson's absence, but if Orlando made it to the Finals with Alston as it's starting PG, why change that? Hedo Turkoglu, another solid offensive player gone. Orlando is back to having Dwight Howard and Rashard as the only offensive options, and we all know how that usually turns out. Orlando Epic Fail.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers - The Cavaliers lost in the playoffs because they played a team better than them. Bringing in Shaq isn't going to change anything. Shaq didn't even MAKE THE PLAYOFFS last season, how is he going to help Cleveland win a championship? A team that wins 66 games doesn't need to make any major moves. Fail.

4. Boston Celtics - I don't know if they're bringing in Rasheed or anything but I remember a few weeks back hearing about Ray Allen and Rondo possibly headed out? Doesn't look like it anymore but that's just plain idiotic for those talks to have even begun for a team that was 66-16 and the NBA champions a year ago.

I predict the Lakers, Magic, and Cavs are all second round eliminations next year.

If the Lakers win the championship...

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot some hoops, and BS their way to everything. Not going to get it done in the Finals. Orlando will win the championship. There are no All-Stars other than Kobe on this Laker team. Not an intimidating lineup. Just a bunch of a jump shooters who score off Kobe double teams.

Pussy...

carrao45
07-04-2009, 04:59 PM
/Thread