PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers attempting to sign Anthony Parker

xtremesteven33
07-03-2009, 04:24 PM
After losing out on Artest and Ariza, the Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a possible sign-and-trade deal for Toronto Raptors swingman Anthony Parker, two league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday night.

No deal is imminent, sources say, but talks were continuing.

Parker, a 6-foot-6, is an unrestricted free agent after spending the past three seasons with the Raptors. He averaged 10.7 points and four rebounds last season. He was a first-round pick of the Nets in 1997, but spent most of his career in Europe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoXO3tXirTS3jTAxxuB_ac_TjdIF?slug=aw-freeagentbuzz070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

If they sign this guy as thier starting SG....they are going to the Finals...no doubt in my mind....

JamStone
07-03-2009, 04:43 PM
What can they trade for him?

Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson, Terence Kinsey, Jawad Williams?

Sign and trade Varejao? Then who starts at PF?

Ilgauskas' expiring contract?

Not that they won't or can't trade for Parker, but they don't have many trade assets to work with.

sonic21
07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I see Parker going back to Europe

iggypop123
07-03-2009, 06:38 PM
if this happens lebron will be a PF. which means he has to guard KG. or perkins. haha its over for them

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-03-2009, 06:54 PM
if this happens lebron will be a PF. which means he has to guard KG. or perkins. haha its over for them

It also means he has to defend the pick and roll and be the team's best help defender a la Horace Grant, AC Green, Udonis Haslem. He's capable of doing that, but he's not capable of doing that AND sustaining his offense. That's why that team has no chance if they don't sign the high energy athletic PF to do what the players I just listed did on Shaq's previous championship teams.

xtremesteven33
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
What can they trade for him?

Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson, Terence Kinsey, Jawad Williams?

Sign and trade Varejao? Then who starts at PF?

Ilgauskas' expiring contract?

Not that they won't or can't trade for Parker, but they don't have many trade assets to work with.

Parker is a UFA....

JamStone
07-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Don't think trading for Parker necessarily means LeBron starts and plays mostly at PF. It could mean Delonte West becomes the 6th man. If they trade (still don't know what they have to trade for him) for Parker instead of signing him outright, they still have the MLE to pick up a mobile or combo forward. And, they still have the option of re-signing Varejao. Trading for Anthony Parker just gives them more flexibility. It doesn't mean LeBron necessarily becomes the PF. I still want to know what they have to trade for him.

JamStone
07-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Parker is a UFA....

My fault, but for some reason the first time I opened the thread, I thought I read that they were trying to "trade" for him.

Sorry.

lefty
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Anthony Parker >>>>> Wally Scerbiak

Danny.Zhu
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Not only Parker, but also Marion.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/top_choices_slipping_away_cavs.html

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoXO3tXirTS3jTAxxuB_ac_TjdIF?slug=aw-freeagentbuzz070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

If they sign this guy as thier starting SG....they are going to the Finals...no doubt in my mind....

whats supposed to happen to mo williams? they still have a decent shot at odom who'd be a huge upgrade over varejao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-03-2009, 08:21 PM
As long as they don't have an athletic power forward to play with Shaq and as long as they are starting Mo Williams, they ain't winning shit.

ploto
07-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Actually Parker is not an UFA, but if Toronto wants to sign Hedo, they have to renounce their rights to Parker.

exstatic
07-03-2009, 10:12 PM

Dude...PLEASE remove that..thing...from your sig.

lefty
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Dude...PLEASE remove that..thing...from your sig.
:lmao

Thunder Dan
07-03-2009, 10:20 PM

:lmao good one

lefty
07-03-2009, 10:22 PM
:lmao good one
And how is Wally better than Parker?

Elaborate, please

Thunder Dan
07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
And how is Wally better than Parker?

Elaborate, please

Wally is faster, quicker, a better shooter, stronger, better looking, a better shooter, a better rebounder, better post player, more charismatic, funnier, nicer, more ripped, and sells more jerseys than Anthony Parker

lefty
07-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Wally is faster, quicker, a better shooter, stronger, better looking, a better shooter, a better rebounder, better post player, more charismatic, funnier, nicer, more ripped, and sells more jerseys than Anthony Parker
Wally is better looking, I give you that :lol

For the rest lol

ploto
07-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Parker is a much better defender. And for the record, one of the nicest guys in the NBA.

iggypop123
07-03-2009, 11:34 PM
candice's bro can shoot but thats it. again lebron as a PF is horrible for him defensively. he can forget ever getting a defensive player of the year

ginobili's bald spot
07-04-2009, 12:16 AM

Brady Quinn is gonna be pissed when he finds out you've been cheating on him.

lefty
07-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Parker is a much better defender. And for the record, one of the nicest guys in the NBA.
Parker is a super pro and a class act.

He is great with the medias too (especially the annoying TSN dudes)

carrao45
07-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Cleveland Sucks

07-04-2009, 03:15 AM
cleveland is becoming an abomination made up of crap players. the management seems to be panicking and just trying to acquire as many players as possible. lebron just needs a legitimate all star next to him and they will go to the finals. instead the cavs are just scrambling for a bunch of short term solutions instead of focusing on one good trade that would land them an all star.

carrao45
07-04-2009, 03:33 AM
wally is faster, quicker, a better shooter, stronger, better looking, a better shooter, a better rebounder, better post player, more charismatic, funnier, nicer, more ripped, and sells more jerseys than anthony parker

wtf? Gay

carrao45
07-04-2009, 03:34 AM
cleveland is becoming an abomination made up of crap players. the management seems to be panicking and just trying to acquire as many players as possible. lebron just needs a legitimate all star next to him and they will go to the finals. instead the cavs are just scrambling for a bunch of short term solutions instead of focusing on one good trade that would land them an all star.

This