PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany & Co. will open store in San Antonio

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Tiffany & Co. will open first store in San Antonio

Swanky New York boutique jeweler and retailer Tiffany & Co. on Monday said it will open a new store in The Shops at La Cantera -- the company's first in San Antonio.

The 6,000-square-foot store will open later this fall once construction of The Shops at La Cantera is complete. The open-air shopping center is being developed at Interstate Highway 10 at La Cantera Parkway in Northwest San Antonio.

General Growth Properties Inc. (NYSE: GGP) in Chicago is the developer of the 1,700-acre project, along with USAA Real Estate Co. in San Antonio.

Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) operates high-end jewelry and specialty-retail stores throughout North and South America, Asia and the Pacific Rim, and Europe. The San Antonio store will embrace many of the ornamental features of Tiffany's flagship store in New York. The chain has 130 stores worldwide, according to Hoovers Online.

General Growth Properties Chief Executive Officer John Bucksbaum says having Tiffany & Co. at The Shops at La Cantera will only further establish the retail center as a world-class destination.

Tiffany & Co. will carry many of the items from its signature collection, including diamond engagement rings, jewelry set in platinum and 18-karat gold, Tiffany Mark watches, and its line of china and crystal.

"We are extremely excited about becoming part of the new center at La Cantera in San Antonio, a city known for its natural beauty and historical landmarks, which makes it a great place to live and a top destination," Beth O. Canavan, executive vice president of Tiffany & Co., says.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2005/04/04/daily5.html?jst=b_ln_hl

Kori Ellis
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Already posted.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12778&page=3

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Sorry about that.

TheWriter
04-04-2005, 05:40 PM
BTW, I've heard that NikeTown was planning a SA location. Not sure if it will be at La Cantera or elsewhere.

Hook Dem
04-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Guess Kobe can get the next ring for wife right here in S.A. :lol

Al Sharpton
04-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Buddy Holly :lmao

davi78239
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Great news for my girlfriend!! I knew they would put one in that mall. I also predict a Louie Vaton (however you spell it) in The Shops too.