PDA

View Full Version : Marbury's Celtics run over?

carrao45
07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/109116-marburys-celtics-run-over?eref=fromSI

Celtics free agent guard Stephon Marbury said to The Globe early Friday morning that he doesn't expect to be returning to Boston after receiving a disappointing one-year contract paying $1.3 million using the veteran's minimum. Marbury said his representative, National Basketball Players Association deputy counsel Hal Biagas, called to tell him about the Celtics offer on Thursday night. The 32-year-old said three other teams, which he would not disclose, are currently interested.

Boston Globe

VivaPopovich
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
what did he expect after receiving that sick buyout from NY basically for doing nothing

exstatic
07-03-2009, 09:14 PM
It's sort of sad, in a way, to see these guys who've lived such an insulated existence, surrounded by a posse who tells them they're the shit, and then they get their wakeup call. Good guys might get offered the MLE, shitheads the LLE or vet min.

I've hated both AI and Starbury their whole selfish careers. It's like tasting a fine wine to see them get their comeuppance.

Allanon
07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Starbury didn't do jack while in Boston, I dunno why he thinks he'd get more than the vet minimum.

Any team out there willing to pay more than a couple million to Starbury is crazy.

JamStone
07-03-2009, 09:38 PM
If I were Boston, my first offer would to ask Stephon if he'd return and play for free. If not, show him the door.