PDA

View Full Version : TP interview (lequipe.fr)

romain.star
07-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Le renouveau des Spurs
«Finalement, je pense que c'était un mal pour un bien de perdre au premier tour des play-offs. On en avait besoin pour ouvrir les yeux à notre président et se renouveler. A chaque fois, on partait avec la même équipe. On vient de signer Richard Jefferson. C'est une nouvelle menace dans la raquette. Avant, il fallait deux joueurs pour être champion comme au temps de Kobe (Bryant) et Shaquille (O'Neal). Après, c'était nous avec Ginobili, Duncan et moi. Et cette saison, on a bien vu avec les Lakers qu'il fallait quatre gros joueurs pour s'imposer. J'étais content de voir notre président dépenser de l'argent pour se renforcer. Les Spurs avaient pour habitude d'être toujours sous le salary cap et là, ils ont fait un vrai effort. Désormais, on a une fenêtre de deux ans pour gagner un titre avec Duncan, qui a 33 ans et Ginobili qui en a 32. Après cela deviendra vraiment difficile. On sera en fin de cycle. Et puis on espère encore se renforcer à l'intérieur avec Rasheed Wallace (Detroit) ou Antony Mc Dyess (Detroit).»

Son avenir en NBA
«Il y a plein de petits meneurs qui sont sortis de la Draft. Il va falloir s'entraîner (sourire). Mais ne vous inquiétez pas, je serai prêt. A eux de faire leur preuve. Cette saison, j'ai senti que j'avais franchi un cap. Le fait que Manu (Ginobili) et Tim (Tuncan) aient été blessés m'a plus exposé. J'ai pris mes responsabilités dans l'équipe, mon rôle a grandi. Depuis que j'ai mis 55 points, les gens me regardent autrement, même mon staff. Mon but est toujours de surprendre. Mais c'est vrai que cela fait bizarre quand j'entends que l'on compare de jeunes meneurs à Tony Parker. Ça veut dire que tu vieillis (sourire). Mais l'objectif reste le même : gagner le titre. Et personnellement, continuer à être All Star et tenir un rôle encore plus important avec les Spurs.»

Ses projets avec l'ASVEL
«Depuis une semaine, j'ai Pierre (Grall, Directeur exécutif de l'ASVEL) au téléphone pour essayer de construire l'effectif le plus performant possible et atteindre notre objectif l'année prochaine : être dans le Top 16 en Euroligue. Concernant Amara Sy (annoncé sur le départ en raison d'un désaccord financier), on a envie de le conserver. C'est notre priorité. Maintenant, il faut que ce soit cohérent avec l'effectif que l'on veut construire. J'espère que ça va bien se terminer parce que c'est un joueur important.»

sorry but no time for translation
basically, tp said he is happy the spurs got annally destroyed by the mavs cause the Board realized they had to spend $$$ to be competitive again

Ice009
07-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I seen he mentions Rasheed and Antonio.

What is he saying about them?

afireinside20
07-04-2009, 06:26 AM
The translation sucks but ehhh, you can kinda tell what he's talking about.

The revival of the Spurs "Finally, I think that it was an evil for a good to lose to the first turn of the play-offs. One had need of it to open the eyes to our president and to renew itself. Every time, one left with the same team. One has just signed Richard Jefferson. This is a new threat in the racket. Before, it was necessary two players to be champion as to the time of Kobe (Bryant) and Shaquille (O'Neal). After, it was we with Ginobili, Duncan and me. And this season, one well saw with the Lakers that it was necessary four big players to impose. I was happy to see our president to spend money to reinforce itself. The Spurs had for habit to always be under the salary cape and there, they did a true effort. Henceforth, one has a window of two years to win a title with Duncan, that is 33 years old and Ginobili that some has 32. After that will become really difficult. One will be in cycle end. And then one hopes again to reinforce itself to the interior with Rasheed Wallace (Detroit) or Antony Mc Dyess (Detroit).”
His future in NBA "there is a lot of small leaders that went out of the Draft. It will be necessary to train (to smile). But do not worry you, I will be ready. To them to do their proof. This season, I felt that I had crossed a cape. The Fact that Manu (Ginobili) and Tim (Tuncan) were injured more exposed me. I took my responsibilities in the team, my role grew. Since that I put 55 points, the people look at me otherwise, even my staff. My goal always is to surprise. But it is true that that does strange when I hear that one compares young leaders to Tony Parker. That wants to say that you age (to smile). But the objective remains the same: to win the title. And personally, continue to be All Star and hold an even more important role with the Spurs."

Its projects with the ASVEL "Since a week, I have Rock (Grall, executive Director of the ASVEL) to the telephone to try to construct the effective one more possible performance and attain our objective next year: to be in the Top 16 in Euroligue. Concerning Amara Sy (announced on the departure because of a financial disagreement), one wants to preserve it. This is our priority. Now, it is necessary that it be coherent with the effective one that one wants to construct. I hope that that will well finish because this is an important player."

Bruno
07-04-2009, 06:33 AM
I will translate it. Wait few minutes.

sabar
07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Translation of auto-translation

Early playoff exit a blessing in disguise, opened the eyes of the front office to rework the lineup. Talks about needing 2 players, 3, then 4 as Bruno mentioned in another thread. Lakers needed 4 players. Happy about spending cash to get talent. Not staying under cap like usual. Duncan window closing in 2 years with tough times after. Hoping to boost frontcourt with Sheed or Dice.

More stuff that makes little sense

Bruno
07-04-2009, 06:55 AM
About Spurs' changes:
At the end, I think it was a blessing in disguise to lose in the first round. We needed it to open the eyes of our owner and to improve the team. Every year, we had the same team. We now just got Richard Jefferson. It's a new threat in the paint. Before, teams needed two players to be champion like with Kobe and Shaq. After, it was us with Ginobili, Duncan and me. This year, We have seen with Lakers that teams needed 4 great players to win it all. I was happy to see out owner spend money to improve the team. Spurs used to be under the salary cap and they make now a true effort. We have now a two years window to win it all with Duncan being 33 years old and Ginobili being 32 years old. After that, it will be really difficult. We will be at the end of a cycle. And we still hope to be stronger inside with Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess.

About his future in NBA:
There are a lot of young PG coming from the draft. I will have to practice harder (smile). But don't worry, I will be ready. They will need to prove what they are worth. This year, I've felt that I've turned the corner. Manu's and Tim's injury have put more pressure on me. I've took my responsibilities and my role has grown. Since I've scored 55 points, people at looking at me differently. Even Spurs staff looks at me differently. My goal is always to surprise people. But it's true that it's strange when I heard people comparing young PG to Tony Parker. It means that you are getting older (smile). But the goal is still the same: win the championship. Personally, I want to continue being an all star and have an even bigger role for Spurs.

The rest is related with the team he owned in France.

Spursmania
07-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the great translation guys.:toast

Spurs Brazil
07-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks Bruno

ElNono
07-04-2009, 08:52 AM

Brazil
07-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Like always with TP straight to the point. :)

ploto
07-04-2009, 09:23 AM
At the end, I think it was a blessing in disguise to lose in the first round. We needed it to open the eyes of our owner and to improve the team.

Brazil
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM
2nd part of the interview NT + De Colo

Son retour à la compétition

«Ça m'a fait bizarre d'avoir eu autant de vacances. Pour mon corps, c'était bien après l'enchaînement de six années exigeantes. Maintenant je suis en pleine forme et j'ai hâte de commencer avec l'équipe de France. Ça fait deux mois que je n'ai pas touché un ballon et j'ai seulement commencé il y a une semaine à refaire des séances de tirs avec mon team-coach. Greg Popovich a un programme spécifique pour me remettre en forme à Vichy.»

L'équipe de France

«Il y a une vraie pression sur ma génération. Il nous reste trois, quatre ans. Après, ce sera chaud»

« On a un vrai challenge. Il faut que l'on soit positif, motivé et que tous les joueurs aiment vraiment jouer ensemble. Moi je suis sincère. J'aime jouer avec l'équipe de France. Si on arrive à se qualifier, on aura une bonne carte à jouer au Championnat d'Europe. Mais c'est vrai qu'il y a une pression sur ma génération. Il nous reste trois, quatre ans. Après, ça deviendra chaud. Ces trois prochaines années seront décisives pour notre avenir. J'en ai marre que cela se joue à chaque fois sur des détails. Mais je n'arrêterai pas tant qu'on ne gagnera pas l'or. Il faut que l'on trouve une alchimie malgré les absences de Mike (Pietrus) et Laurent (Foirest). Je ne pense pas qu'il vienne. (Il marque un temps, visiblement déçu). C'est dommage d'ailleurs. Elle aurait été pas mal cette patte gauche.»

Nando De Colo

«Je revenais tout juste de vacances quand on m'a averti que Nando faisait ses workout (tests) à San Antonio. J'y suis allé, je l'ai invité à la maison avec Greg Popovich. C'était sympa, il n'osait pas trop parler (sourire). Le lendemain, il a fait un très bon workout, il a été le meilleur des huit joueurs présents. Et Popovich m'avait averti que s'il figurait en fin de deuxième tour de la Draft, les Spurs le prendraient. C'est un joueur talentueux. Dans deux ou trois ans, il pourra nous apporter. Pour le moment, le staff veut le laisser en Europe pour qu'il continue à se former. Cela ne sert à rien qu'il vienne pour jouer en D-League.»

Brazil
07-04-2009, 09:46 AM
A quick synthesis

Back to competition
He feels very good now, he has spent two months doing nothing related to BB. He is working his shooting since 1 week and Pop has prepared a specific program for him in Vichy.
NT
Big pressure for his generation, 3-4 years left to win something. He loves playing for the NT, he wants the gold. He is regretting the fact Pietrus and Foirest won't play.
De Colo
He invited him at his place with Greg during the workouts. He was very shy, the day after he was the best of the 8 players present during the workout. He is a talented player, in 2 3 years he will be good enough to contribute in NBA. For the moment the spurs stall will send in Europe to progress, it is worthless to send him playing in D-League.

Bukefal
07-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks for translating!!

exstatic
07-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the translation.
http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bruno-movie-poster-500x740.jpg
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2009, 10:59 AM
:lmao

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the translations. :tu

Glad to see Parker talk about what we've all been saying here.

Bruno
07-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Another interview (in French):
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/la-nba-les-bleus-l-asvel-tony-parker-se-confie-04-07-2009-570025.php

I don't translate it because he basically say the same thing. The only new thing is that he rather have Sheed over Dice because "he still has a ring and has more experience".

And thank for the thanks. :toast

timvp
07-04-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/la-nba-les-bleus-l-asvel-tony-parker-se-confie-04-07-2009-570025.php

I don't translate it because he basically say the same thing. The only new thing is that he rather have Sheed over Dice because "he still has a ring and has more experience".Thanks for the info.

TP's game fits in nicely with Sheed's game. Sheed sitting out on the perimeter will keep the middle open for TP ... plus TP would spend a lot of time next year penetrating and kicking it back out to Sheed to shoot threes :lol

Brazil
07-05-2009, 08:55 PM

I don't translate it because he basically say the same thing. The only new thing is that he rather have Sheed over Dice because "he still has a ring and has more experience".

And thank for the thanks. :toast

TP in CIA mode ??

VivaPopovich
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
About Spurs' changes:
At the end, I think it was a blessing in disguise to lose in the first round. We needed it to open the eyes of our owner and to improve the team. Every year, we had the same team. We now just got Richard Jefferson. It's a new threat in the paint. Before, teams needed two players to be champion like with Kobe and Shaq. After, it was us with Ginobili, Duncan and me. This year, We have seen with Lakers that teams needed 4 great players to win it all. I was happy to see out owner spend money to improve the team. Spurs used to be under the salary cap and they make now a true effort. We have now a two years window to win it all with Duncan being 33 years old and Ginobili being 32 years old. After that, it will be really difficult. We will be at the end of a cycle. And we still hope to be stronger inside with Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess.

About his future in NBA:
There are a lot of young PG coming from the draft. I will have to practice harder (smile). But don't worry, I will be ready. They will need to prove what they are worth. This year, I've felt that I've turned the corner. Manu's and Tim's injury have put more pressure on me. I've took my responsibilities and my role has grown. Since I've scored 55 points, people at looking at me differently. Even Spurs staff looks at me differently. My goal is always to surprise people. But it's true that it's strange when I heard people comparing young PG to Tony Parker. It means that you are getting older (smile). But the goal is still the same: win the championship. Personally, I want to continue being an all star and have an even bigger role for Spurs.

The rest is related with the team he owned in France.

good interview TP

hopefully you evolve your game to the point where your not constalty diving into the paint which end results to you falling on the floor 3-4 games/game. that'll result in injuries down the line. i'd hate to see that happen to you champ
:flag: