PDA

View Full Version : Sad news. Steve McNair found dead

lurker
07-04-2009, 03:35 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed. Police said McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave. Police said it looked like a double homicide. A female victim was also found dead.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643962

resistanze
07-04-2009, 03:37 PM
WTF? That is messed up...R.I.P.

DeadlyDynasty
07-04-2009, 03:39 PM
wow...terrible news. RIP Air McNair

JudynTX
07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
:( That's awful. RIP

florige
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
What the hell is going on here??? :wow

DMX7
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Yep, RIP. very sad... He was a class guy.

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh my god...that's horrible. I just watched him on Pros vs. Joes not long ago..was still in good shape. Very sad news..RIP to Air McNair and the female victim... :depressed

ulosturedge
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
One of the links said Murder-Suicide. Wondering if the chick went fatal attraction shot up McNair and then killed herself. Sad and tragic regardless...

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 03:59 PM
One of the links said Murder-Suicide. Wondering if the chick went fatal attraction shot up McNair and then killed herself. Sad and tragic regardless...
hmm...all I saw was double homicide.

lurker
07-04-2009, 04:03 PM
The early reports were saying murder-suicide but it quickly changed.

If the female victim isn't his wife, they should probably be looking for her right now...

NewJerSpur
07-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Damn....R.I.P. Mac and the female victim. What a crazy way to go out for a guy that never really had any problems off the field. He was pretty good buddies with Favre. Have to wait and see what info is gathered on the case.

monosylab1k
07-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Damn this sucks. :depressed

Libri
07-04-2009, 04:15 PM
What?! That's terrible!

Mugen
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
damn that is fucked up.

RIP Steve

Findog
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Who the fuck had it out for Air McNair?

Spurs16212
07-04-2009, 04:32 PM
McNair was a good leader on the field and never really had any problems off the field. I remember his days with Alcorn State..... Heck of a football player. R.I.P.......

mardigan
07-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I am shocked and saddened by this news. I cant even believe its real. This man was a class act on and off the field. Many prayers go to his family. I loved watching him his whole career, he was one of the guys that got me into football. What a waste, R.I.P.

bresilhac
07-04-2009, 04:37 PM
This is fucking terrible news. He was way too young to die.

timvp
07-04-2009, 04:44 PM
WTF.

http://mespn.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/mcnair_oilers.jpg

Man, McNair was my favorite player before the Oilers left. It was fun to watch him grow from small school wonder to legit superstar NFL QB.

Sucks. R.I.P. :td

J.T.
07-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Who the fuck had it out for Air McNair?

Good question. I feel for his family, especially his son.

lefty
07-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow

Just wow

RIP

METALMiKE
07-04-2009, 05:08 PM
R.i.p.

NewJerSpur
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I still remember rooting for him to pull off a miracle against the Rams in the Super Bowl, and his teammates were just a few inches away from doing so with time expiring.

ShoogarBear
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn. Just, damn.

monosylab1k
07-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I still remember rooting for him to pull off a miracle against the Rams in the Super Bowl, and his teammates were just a few inches away from doing so with time expiring.

Yeah, one of the saddest sports moments for me was, immediately after the game, seeing McNair with one knee on the ground as Jeff Fisher is consoling him. He played his guts out that game and it sucks he came that close without winning it.

jack sommerset
07-04-2009, 05:29 PM
That is messed up! RIP brother!

Spurs Brazil
07-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Damn

RIP

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Terribly sad news. I always liked him. R.I.P. Steve

manufan10
07-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Damn.. this sucks. RIP Air McNair.. :depressed

I remember him always playing hurt, and playing well. Condolences to his loved ones.

Chief
07-04-2009, 06:47 PM
R.I.P. i believe football is the sport with the most player deaths ? just so so sad.

yphvmZlDgz0

benefactor
07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Damn...just damn. I remember seeing him live at the first Texans game I ever went to. I have pics of him running out of the tunnel. Dude was a warrior on the field and I hated to watch him as an up and coming QB knowing that he was leaving and heading to Tennessee. RIP Air McNair...you were one of the greatest.

LakerHater
07-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Man, I could still picture that AFC title game & the Super Bowl!
He'll be missed!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2j0z2xc.jpg (http://i42.tinypic.com/2j0z2xc.jpg)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Damn
RIP McNair.
You will definitely be missed.

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Terrible news. :td

RIP

Kori Ellis
07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds like murder-suicide by a girlfriend:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grrYbARZsg3ruEAqycFPRfNu2EjwD9981BUO0

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Nashville police say former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was shot multiple times and that the 20-year-old woman found dead with him in a downtown condominium was shot once in the head. A pistol was found near her body.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a "friend" of McNair's.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron says McNair's wife, Mechelle, is "very distraught" and that police do not believe she is involved.

McNair played 13 seasons before retiring in April 2008.

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Sounds like murder-suicide by a girlfriend:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grrYbARZsg3ruEAqycFPRfNu2EjwD9981BUO0

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Nashville police say former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was shot multiple times and that the 20-year-old woman found dead with him in a downtown condominium was shot once in the head. A pistol was found near her body.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a "friend" of McNair's.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron says McNair's wife, Mechelle, is "very distraught" and that police do not believe she is involved.

McNair played 13 seasons before retiring in April 2008.
Yeah..just heard about this on the news...him being shot multiple times and her being shot once leads me to believe you're right...and obviously the gun being found near her body...

Pistons < Spurs
07-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was killed in an apparent murder-suicide with a young woman he met at a local restaurant and have been dating for at least a few months.

McNair, the hometown hero who did extensive charity work in Nashville, died of several gunshots and was found on the sofa, police said. Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found alongside him in a Second Avenue condo he rented. She had a single gunshot wound to her head; a pistol was found near her body.

Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they were leaning toward certain scenarios based on the evidence, but they hadn’t ruled anything out. Still, they were not actively looking for suspects Saturday night.

“The medical examiner will be conducting autopsies (Sunday),” Aaron said. “We expect to make additional conclusions after the autopsy process.”

Though much of the attention was on the Second Avenue crime scene, police also swarmed at the Cherry Creek apartment complex in Hermitage. They were questioning neighbors who said they often saw McNair visiting Kazemi. Sometimes, neighbors said, she would arrive home in a limousine in the early morning hours. She showed up with a new black car she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

She was arrested in that car, a black Cadillac Escalade registered to she and McNair, just two days before the deaths. She was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test.

Keith Norfleet, Kazemi’s boyfriend for four years before they broke up five months ago, said he came to pick up the car for Kazemi.

Norfleet said McNair was in the car with her when the stop occurred, a fact that was not in the police affadavit but was confirmed by police Saturday night. McNair later bailed Kazemi out, according to bail bondsmen.

Norfleet said she told him she was seeing McNair, who she met while working as a waitress at Dave & Busters. He was worried about her dating a married man and hopeful they’d get back together. They had been living together for four years, since they moved from her family’s home in Jacksonville, Fla., to Nashville.

“She is the sweetest girl, and she did not deserve this,” Norfleet said upon learning of her death. “He was making her believe they were going to be together, and everything would be perfect.”

Though they were broken up, Norfleet said they’d been speaking a lot recently and she planned to break it off with McNair. He said she banged on her door early Saturday morning, but he didn’t get there fast enough.

“She was a very strong, independent girl. A hard worker,” Norfleet said. “I mean, she had a huge heart. She was very caring, very loving.”

http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20090704&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=90704013&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&MaxW=318&Border=0

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704/SPORTS01/90704013/1002/SPORTS

NewJerSpur
07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Damn, man. This story is just unreal. Wow, just wow.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Condolences to both their families. What a tragedy for his wife and kids (and her family too, of course).

Udokafan05
07-04-2009, 10:58 PM
One of the toughest qb's ever. R.I.P

pkbpkb81
07-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Wow i feel for his wife.

Imagine if the wife didn’t know he was cheating and than finds out on the day he is murdered by his lover.

Dose it sound to anyone else like maybe he was breaking it off with the chick and she couldn’t take it so she killed him and than took her own life.

Sad news my heart goes out to all the loved ones affected by this.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2009, 11:04 PM
METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was found shot to death this afternoon inside the living room of a downtown Nashville condominium. A check of McNair's body at the scene by medical examiner staff this evening showed that he was shot multiple times. A female friend of McNair's, Sahel Kazemi, age 20, was also found dead in the living room. She appeared to have a single gunshot wound to the head. A pistol was recovered close to Kazemi's body. Autopsies are expected to be conducted tomorrow.

A witness reported that McNair arrived at the condominium in the early morning hours of Saturday. The witness said Kazemi's vehicle was already there.

McNair jointly rented the condominium, located at 2nd Avenue South and Lea Avenue, with his friend and sporting goods dealer Wayne Neeley. Neeley arrived at the condominium shortly before 1 p.m. today and found McNair and Kazemi shot. Neeley telephoned McNair's friend Robert Gaddy, who came to the scene. It was Gaddy who placed the call to police at 1:35 p.m.

Kazemi was arrested for DUI at 1:20 a.m. Thursday while driving a 2007 Cadillac Escalade registered to both her and McNair. McNair was in the front passenger seat of the vehicle at the time of the traffic stop at 9th Avenue and Broadway. He was deemed not to be in violation of the law and left the scene by taxi.

timvp
07-04-2009, 11:04 PM
All I can do is shake my head.

NewJerSpur
07-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Wow i feel for his wife.

Imagine if the wife didn’t know he was cheating and than finds out on the day he is murdered by his lover.

Does it sound to anyone else like maybe he was breaking it off with the chick and she couldn’t take it so she killed him and than took her own life.

Be tough to confirm, but I thought the same earlier. I echo the condolensces to his wife and kids....and her family as well. Just a tragic and crazy situation to try and resolve within your mind if you're a family member of either victim.

LnGrrrR
07-05-2009, 12:10 AM
RIP Steve

Jacob1983
07-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Sad news. He was an underrated QB in my opinion. He will be missed.

baseline bum
07-05-2009, 12:57 AM
What a fucking cunt. If you wanna kill yourself then go for it, but don't feel the need to fucking take anyone into the ground with you.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Wow i feel for his wife.

Dose it sound to anyone else like maybe he was breaking it off with the chick and she couldn’t take it so she killed him and than took her own life.

Very sad I am not so sure it was not the wife who showed up shot the girlfriend and unloaded the gun in him.

DAF86
07-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Steve McNair was the player that got me into the NFL so I'm pretty fucking sad right now.

SpursFanFirst
07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Does it sound to anyone else like maybe he was breaking it off with the chick and she couldn’t take it so she killed him and than took her own life.

That was my first thought.

Just sad.

Slinkyman
07-05-2009, 11:21 AM
when you're 36 and married you shouldn't be messing around with 20 year old, shit like this is bound to happen.

SAtown
07-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Air McNair was a classy guy that made the NFL fun to watch. Condolences to his family

Spurtacus
07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Terrible news. Fairly sad by this but on the other hand its disappointing. It seems as if he may have been cheating on his wife and this could have been a murder suicide. I'm sure the exact details will come out.

RIP Steve McNair.

redraiderinfiji
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Man I remember as a kid going to the Oilers training camp in San Antonion and getting tons of his autographs. I have three signed rookie cards and he even gave my little brother his used wrist band.

Years later I was in a Nashville airport and recognized him waiting for a flight. He noticed that I noticed him, but I gave him his privacy due to the kindness he showed my brother and I when we were kids.....

true stories!

phyzik
07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
One of the great QB's of our time but dont distort the issue. The dude was banging another chick behind his wife's back. It sucks he is gone but dont look for too much sympathy from me.

kromediablo
07-06-2009, 12:20 AM
<p>
That was my first thought.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Just sad.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

kromediablo
07-06-2009, 12:30 AM
does anybody think it could be that neely was trying to make a move on the chick and she resisted? steve walks in tries to stop it and neely shoots him then the girl and sets up the scene.....calls gaddy then 911 is called.

Gervin44Silas13
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
What is sad is he is ruled as a victim of Homicide.
Someone had it out for him....and of all days on the 4th of July. To me it's very fishy
someone close had it for him.
Great player and leader for the Oilers/Titans!!!!
He will be missed!
My only regret was that Tenn. didn't keep him to mentor V. Young....

R.I.P. S. Mcnair!

Thunder Dan
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
look who the Nashville police chief is. Can we not figure it out what happened by now? He has several gun shot wounds, he has one to the head, she owned the gun....let's put that shit together.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/e/ec/Clancy_Wiggum.png

NewJerSpur
07-06-2009, 08:08 PM
does anybody think it could be that neely was trying to make a move on the chick and she resisted? steve walks in tries to stop it and neely shoots him then the girl and sets up the scene.....calls gaddy then 911 is called.

Huh?

Fabbs
07-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Worth looking into.
Also the cheated on wife. Got to at least look at her so as to cover the bases. Life insurance? NFL players sweet pensions, remember OJ getting to keep his 25K a month after his butchering.

OTOH the girlfriend buying a gun a few days before the shooting, and ballistics (i think) verifying the gun was hers. Not looking good for her innocence. Combine with her seemingly admitted drug use: DUI "I'm not drunk, I'm high." Altho that would be one heck of a scam if the real murderer schemed to have her buy a gun then used that gun and planted it.
Get Perry Mason on the case.

The Nash police claim they will keep options open.

samikeyp
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
damn..saw it coming though.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/mcnair.shooting/index.html

kromediablo
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Real sad as reports are confirming that while Steve slept she shot him in the temple first, the chest twice, the other temple, before shooting herself. I mean for real people, killing another person because your behind on the rent and the bills are adding up. Your twenty, the worst that could happen is repossession and move back home with mommy! OTOH women do go into fits of sudden rage and can't control themselves being unable to verbalize their feelings. Again, still no excuse.

kromediablo
07-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Daym Sahel Kazemi looked like a young light skinned version of his wife, mechelle.

Spurtacus
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
damn..saw it coming though.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/mcnair.shooting/index.html

Sadly, most of us did.

Fabbs
07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
The police chief said Kazemi had become rattled over the last week, believing that McNair was involved with another woman. "She had become very distraught and on two occasions told friends and associates that her life was all messed up and that she was going to end it all," Serpas said.

Anyone tells you this take it seriously. Call suicide hotline, they'll instruct.

Disclaimer: not insinuating her friends did not do enough.

tmtcsc
07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Ok, I've about had it with this story.

Steve McNair was a tough football player who almost brought his team to a Super Bowl win a few years ago. It seems he was a good community guy too. But lets stop with the hero worship already. He died a tragic and violent death because he chose to be a poor husband and father.

Where was all this attention on his career when he retired ? There wasn't any. Why ? Because he was a good football player, not a great one. He didn't rack up NFL passing records and he didn't win a Super Bowl ring.

No one deserves to have their life taken away by a senseless act. That's not my point. That 20 year old female was certainly unstable and disturbed.

But let's leave it at that. I am tired of people trying to excuse his behavior and make him out to be something he wasn't. I recently read an article which quoted one of his teammates (Eddie George) saying that McNair struggled with retirement and was trying to fill the void that football once filled. Apparently, he was trying to fill that void by chasing ass. What he was is clear. He was a human being that made mistakes. In his case, big mistakes.

A good father ? Maybe.

You'll have to ask his kids. But I know this: Today, his four kids are fatherless because of his selfishness. Today his kids don't have a Dad to read to them at night or help them with their homework. They don't have someone to tell their "boys only" secrets to or to watch them play sports and give them encouragement.

A good husband ? Nope.

Good husbands don't disrespect their wives by feeding their insatiable appetite for other women. Hey, we're all tempted but its the choices that you make that make you who you are.

I'll remember Steve McNair as the guy who was blown away by one of the women he was having an affair with.

jack sommerset
07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Am I missing something? Who gives a fuck if he cheated on his wife. My God man, I keep hearing the build up to something horrorible the guy did as if they can't talk about it on air only followed up by he was shot by his fatal attraction nutcase whore. I'm going to let you in a little secret. People CHEAT. Get over it. Some of the media keep talking about this is how you will remember him. Not me. I forget about his nutjob whore lover until these freaks mention her again. Media loves sex and some of listeners love to judge.

Fabbs
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Am I missing something? Who gives a fuck if he cheated on his wife.
Maybe his wife and kids.

The girl must have been a "nutjob". Angel McNair is blameless in this. :downspin:

jack sommerset
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe his wife and kids.

The girl must have been a "nutjob". Angel McNair is blameless in this. :downspin:

No shit sherlock. I'm talking about every motherfucker that has nothing to do wth them personally.

I really don't know where you are going with the second paragraph because of the quotes around nutjob and the silly icon after the Angel McNair is blameless sentence.

IronMexican
07-12-2009, 03:13 AM
The funeral was pretty sad. I felt real bad once I saw Vince up there. real sad stuff.

Biggems
07-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I liked Steve McNair ever since Alcorn St........still, he shouldn't have been cheating on his wife and kids, and with a 20 year old no less.....I mean they are both at different stages in their lives, totally different outlooks at the future, totally different maturity levels. It was going to end ugly no matter what. Unfortunately, it not only ended ugly, but tragically.

Now there is a widow left with 4 young boys to raise on her own, all cause Daddy couldn't keep his trouser snake out of some other gal's swamp.

I will celebrate Steve McNair the football player, but I am very disappointed in Steve McNair the man and husband. I expected more from him, cause of the character and values he displayed and portrayed......and yet again, I was let down.

bostonguy
07-13-2009, 02:44 AM
RIP Mcnair. While it was fucked up that he cheated on his wife, it is a common thing in this world especially in the celebrity world. I am not going to judge him on what he did off the field. It was what he did on the field that made me a fan of his.

JudynTX
07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
He didn't have a will? WTF

J.T.
07-16-2009, 08:55 AM
He didn't have a will? WTF

I'm sure he didn't expect to be shot in the head at age 36 by a minor...

JudynTX
07-16-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm sure he didn't expect to be shot in the head at age 36 by a minor...

So what's a good age to get a will?