PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinmi Sighting

coachmac87
07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Saw and spoke to Ian today at Texas Shine on Stone Oak and Huebner. He came in to get his Escalade cleaned. Recognized him from the get go, and introduced myself. He was a really cool guy and we actually talked for awhile. He says he is 100% healthy and is ready to play in Vegas next week. I asked him if he had an inside scoop on what the FO is doing and all he said was SHEEED. He mentioned that I would see him play for the Spurs this year...and I told him were ready to see what he can bring to the table.

Its interesting to see how our big rotation can be like next year....cant wait

coachmac87
07-04-2009, 03:45 PM
and he had a real strong "Jamaican" accent...

yavozerb
07-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Excellent!!Thanks for the info

hater
07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
I wanna know what POP + Spurs office is doing to try to lure Sheed. I know they are doing something "special" but in the DL. Unlike the Celtic sluts

Tully365
07-04-2009, 03:46 PM
100% healthy... that's music to my ears!

timvp
07-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Good to hear he's healthy.

And that's a French accent :)

hater
07-04-2009, 03:47 PM

african-french

Muser
07-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice, this year it's all coming to fruition.

coachmac87
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM

I know he is french but he does not sound like tony at all....and he said Man alot...like the jamaicans do. But i dunno. Dude is cool tho, I am rooting for the guy!

hater
07-04-2009, 03:50 PM

don't say that without knocking on wood and saying a prayer to the basketball Gods

timvp
07-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I know he is french but he does not sound like tony at all....and he said Man alot...like the jamaicans do.He sounds pretty French to me. Although he is mom is Jamaican so there's probably some Jamaican to his accent as well.

BlackBellamy
07-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Aw man, nice work. You just guaranteed Mahinmi snapping both ankles in Summer league. :madrun
*salt over shoulder, carry rabbit's foot, kiss the Blarney stone, rub Buddha's belly and drink a toast of Vodka.*

Spurs9
07-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Saw and spoke to Ian today at Texas Shine on Stone Oak and Huebner. He came in to get his Escalade cleaned. Recognized him from the get go, and introduced myself. He was a really cool guy and we actually talked for awhile. He says he is 100% healthy and is ready to play in Vegas next week. I asked him if he had an inside scoop on what the FO is doing and all he said was SHEEED. He mentioned that I would see him play for the Spurs this year...and I told him were ready to see what he can bring to the table.

Damn thats the carwash I always go to, I was gonna go earlier too. :bang

coachmac87
07-04-2009, 04:04 PM
lol, he does not sound french at all, believe me. I'm not quite sure how it all worked but he is not exactly french, but he is. it is confusing, but he speaks like he is Jamacian. He grew up on some set of islands.

yeah he def had a Jamaican accent to it..the whole maan thing gave it away

Muser
07-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Does it balance things out if I say next year we're gonna suck?

Bruno
07-04-2009, 04:15 PM
He grew up on some set of islands.

No, he grew up in France.

I don't know if he has a french or Jamaican accent when he speaks English but when he speaks french, he has no specific accent.

timvp
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
lol, he does not sound french at all, believe me. I'm not quite sure how it all worked but he is not exactly french, but he is. it is confusing, but he speaks like he is Jamacian. He grew up on some set of islands.
No he didn't. He was born in France and grew up about an hour away from Paris. One of his parents is from Africa and the other one is from Jamaica. If he has any Jamaican in his accent, it's likely due to learning English from his mom.

Kori Ellis
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM

He grew up in France. To me, he just sounds French but with a little different inflection. I don't think he sounds Jamaican, other than the "mon" thing.

Libri
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
If the Spurs have kept him this long, he must have some untapped potential. Hopefully this is the year he will get the chance to prove it.

Sigz
07-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Hope his glassgina won't break.

DBMethos
07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Very exciting.

z0sa
07-04-2009, 04:35 PM
SHEEED is the most interesting part, if true ... I think the FO knows Sheed wants to be here and isn't going to go out of their way to push it.

BlackBellamy
07-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Spur stalk.com :lol

Mugen
07-04-2009, 04:54 PM
he can speak with a scottish accent as far as im concerned, as long as he stays healthy and contributes this year.

Spurs9
07-04-2009, 05:04 PM
he can speak with a scottish accent as far as im concerned, as long as he stays healthy and contributes this year.

:lmao:lmao

Brazil
07-04-2009, 05:04 PM

u mad ? scottish accent is awwwfuuuul

Spursfan092120
07-04-2009, 05:05 PM
don't say that without knocking on wood and saying a prayer to the basketball Gods
:lmao:lmao
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it.

montgod
07-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Did he look like he gained anymore muscle? He was pretty light the last two years.

Summers
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM

Are you sure he didn't say "shit" in his Jamaican/French/Scottish accent, as in "Sheet if I know what they're doing."?

Summers
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say, cool story and very exciting news. :)

Russ
07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
In Jamaica they speak Creole which is basically pigeon French.

tmtcsc
07-04-2009, 08:24 PM
u mad ? scottish accent is awwwfuuuul

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/GroundskeeperWilly1.gif

Thats aboot a-nuff out a ewe. Shut yer mouth or I'll wipe the floors with yer head.

Austin_Toros
07-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Hopefully the wait will soon be over

coachmac87
07-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Did he look like he gained anymore muscle? He was pretty light the last two years.

Na he still is skinny....he has those chicken legs but the dude is looooong. I dont think he will be a great on the ball defender but the weak side help D could be his strength.

Russ
07-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Na he still is skinny....he has those chicken legs but the dude is looooong. I dont think he will be a great on the ball defender but the weak side help D could be his strength.

Sounds like Thabeet -- he needs open space to block a shot. He can fly across the baseline to block a shot from the weakside but his own man can bump him away so he can't block. Same with Elson.

Hopefully Mahinmi can make it in the NBA but I have my doubts, mostly about his tenacity.

loveforthegame
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
That's cool you got to meet him.

Best news is hearing that he's 100% healthy. Look forward to seeing how he performs in the SL.

rjv
07-04-2009, 10:25 PM
did he sprain his ankle getting into his escalade?