PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer is NOT human

jaffies
07-05-2009, 12:38 PM
15 Grand Slam titles?!? I haven't even eaten 15 Denny's Grand Slams in my lifetime.

Seriously, who wins an epic match that lasts 4 hours and 15 minutes...AND DOESN'T SWEAT A DROP?!?!?

ploto
07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I could not help but notice Roddick sweating like a pig, and Roger looking all cool. Amazing match.

J.T.
07-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Fucker is like the Yankees of Tennis. Fuck him.

monosylab1k
07-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Too bad Nadal is hurt and can't crush Federer's smug little Swiss pansy ass.

CubanMustGo
07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Too bad Roddick choked like a pig, failing to convert one of four set point opportunities in the second that would have put him up two sets to none.

blizz
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
eh...overrated...no competition during his run

dbreiden83080
07-05-2009, 03:26 PM

He has had none like Jordan had none or Ali and Tyson in thier primes had none. That's what happens when you are that great, you beatdown the best of your era badly for the most part.. Nadal is the only guy to test him and he is a top 5 player all time IMO..

MaNuMaNiAc
07-05-2009, 03:30 PM

what do you call Nadal??

so who do you think is the best of all time then?

Pistons < Spurs
07-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Not going back to the days of Rosewall or Laver, I'd say either Ivan Lendl or Johnny Mac are truly the best players of all time. Mac probably getting the nod as he was equally as good on all surfaces.

Federer does greatly benefit from a poor era in mens tennis ... just as Sampras did. Neither would have looked so spectacular if they'd played in the 70's and 80's when there was real competition like Lendll, Connors, McEnroe, Becker, Borg, Nastase, Wilander, Edberg ... etc etc

As good as Sampras and Federer are, the last 20 years of Mens Tennis has been crap.

lefty
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Of course he is not human

Have you seen his face ?

jack sommerset
07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
If it was not for Federer, Roddick woud have a bunch of Grand Slams....

ploto
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Of course he is not human

Have you seen his face ?

Sorry to tell you but Roger Federer is hot!

blizz
07-05-2009, 05:56 PM
what do you call Nadal??

Nadal has just recently come on and you can see how Federer has trouble with him. Sampras played against Henman, Hewitt, Agassi, Ivanisevich, Safin etc all in their primes. Lendel was great, Becker was great, even Agassi but I'm gonna go with Sampras.

JoeChalupa
07-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I actually watched the entire match and was rooting for Andy but he just couldn't get it done. But I do have to give him major props for not giving in and holding his own.
Federer did prove that he can deliver when it counts.

ploto
07-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I actually watched the entire match and was rooting for Andy but he just couldn't get it done. But I do have to give him major props for not giving in and holding his own. Federer did prove that he can deliver when it counts.

Tells you how good Federer is that he could win a match against a guy who held serve for, I think, his first 38 service games.

sonic21
07-05-2009, 06:57 PM
An absolute classic. You have to feel for Andy Roddick, he fought to the bitter end and poured his heart and soul into that match. I'm not a big fan of him but he really impressed me.

Spurtacus
07-05-2009, 07:03 PM
15 Grand Slam titles?!? I haven't even eaten 15 Denny's Grand Slams in my lifetime.

Seriously, who wins an epic match that lasts 4 hours and 15 minutes...AND DOESN'T SWEAT A DROP?!?!?

:lol

He plays tennis so elegantly.

dbreiden83080
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Nadal has just recently come on and you can see how Federer has trouble with him. Sampras played against Henman, Hewitt, Agassi, Ivanisevich, Safin etc all in their primes. Lendel was great, Becker was great, even Agassi but I'm gonna go with Sampras.

Henman was never a great player at any point in his career. Good grass courter but never won Wimbleden, terrible player on every other surface.

Hewitt, Fed has bitch-slapped him non-stop for years

Ivanisevich was an inconsistant headcase..

Fed beat Safin plenty in his career

Agassi, Fed dominated badly also and he is on record as saying he feels Roger is the best of all time..

Lendel and Becker are really before Pete's time, at least when he was on top. Nobody Pete beat Fed has not beat or would not beat easily..

florige
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
If it was not for Federer, Roddick woud have a bunch of Grand Slams....

You are kidding right? If not Federer it would be Nadal. Roddick impressed me today more than he EVER has in the past in just pushing Federer to the limit like he did. There is no way that Roddick would be able to win any number of grand slams with Nadal still around. Hell he has trouble with the Hewitt's of the tennis world.

florige
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM

Oh how much money I would give to see Sampras at his prime now playing Federer at these Wimbledon matches. The match probably still would be going on.

David Bowie
07-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Awsume match.

It was truely a survival of the fittest. Andy just fell over first. Andy played great, and I have to give him credit. I really thought that he was going to win this match for almost the entire match, since he broke Roger twice.

But, I'm very happy that Roger won and made history. Congrats on the 15 slams, champ.

I was also amazed at how "fresh" Roger looked after that match.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Too bad Nadal is hurt and can't crush Federer's smug little Swiss pansy ass.

Down 6-2 in the tie break for the second set, which would have put him down 2-0 against a confident opponent, he won 6 straight points to take the set, then went on to win the match. But sure, he's a pansy. Love to hear what you'd describe as mentally tough.

DAF86
07-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Not going back to the days of Rosewall or Laver, I'd say either Ivan Lendl or Johnny Mac are truly the best players of all time. Mac probably getting the nod as he was equally as good on all surfaces.

Federer does greatly benefit from a poor era in mens tennis ... just as Sampras did. Neither would have looked so spectacular if they'd played in the 70's and 80's when there was real competition like Lendll, Connors, McEnroe, Becker, Borg, Nastase, Wilander, Edberg ... etc etc

As good as Sampras and Federer are, the last 20 years of Mens Tennis has been crap.

WTF? McEnroe and Lendl weren't even the best players of their respective generations. IMO Federer is the GOAT but if you go by eras then the short list should be: Laver, Borg, Sampras and Federer and maybe Emerson. Nobody else.

And that weak era argument is bullshit. You won't find a weaker era than at the beginning of tennis history where this sport was played only in a couple of countries. And in the 70's and 80's the field wasn't as deep and talented as it is today, in those times the seeds used to get to the final stages of slams pretty easily. Nowadays anyone can surprise anyone on any given day just ask Nadal or Djokovic at RG. And the reason there aren't many multi slams champions on this era is simply 'cause Federer won everything, if the guy wouldn't have been born guys like Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, etc. would be on the level of past champions like Becker, Nastase, Wilander, Edberg, etc. and Nadal would be the one looking for the title of the greatest player of all time.

Bukefal
07-06-2009, 06:44 AM
I dont like him, but he is one good tennisser!

monosylab1k
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Down 6-2 in the tie break for the second set, which would have put him down 2-0 against a confident opponent, he won 6 straight points to take the set, then went on to win the match. But sure, he's a pansy. Love to hear what you'd describe as mentally tough.

He was playing Andy Roddick, isn't that to be expected?

I'm just saying that Federer is Nadal's bitch. That's all.

ploto
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Federer beat Nadal the last time they played- and it was on clay.

In order to be the GOAT you have to display staying power and longevity. Nadal still has a lot to prove.

monosylab1k
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Federer beat Nadal the last time they played- and it was on clay.

Yeah after getting beat 5 straight times by Nadal. And Federer is 2-5 against Nadal in Grand Slam finals.

How can you possibly be up for GOAT consideration when you are so thoroughly owned by another competitor?

ploto
07-06-2009, 05:49 PM
How can you possibly be up for GOAT consideration when you are so thoroughly owned by another competitor?
How can Sampras be up for GOAT when he never won a French Open?

Who knows- maybe in five or six years, Nadal can be considered the greatest of all time, but he has not played enough or won enough tournaments to be in consideration.

Federer has shown consistency which counts for alot. He has made 20 consecutive Grand Slam semifinals.

Age also matters. Nadal is younger and has beaten an older Federer. Match the 23 year old Roger with the 23 year old Nadal and it might be different.

Spurtacus
07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't know if Federer is the greatest of all-time. I'm too young to have watched Rod Laver but many still consider him the greatest.

You guys can keep saying Nadal is better than Federer. The record does show that. I hope you guys realize that Federer is almost 5 years older than Nadal and has passed his prime. Nadal is in his prime right now. And yet Federer keeps on winning and more importantly staying healthy. He turns 28 in August. He still has a couple of great years in him. Dude could retire with 20 grand slams. Unbelievable if he can pull that off.

CharlieMac
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
You're a ratard if you think Nadal is better than Federer.

Josh810
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
You're a ratard if you think Nadal is better than Federer.
^:toast

BadOdor
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Outside the French, Fed has a 2 vs 2 h2h against nadal, both losses being 5 setters. I do agree that he has a mental block againts nadal - thats what happens when you match up badly with another player and he keeps beating you.

That being sad, Federer is absolutely the better player. Nadal, if he's lucky, might claim the Clay GOAT title, federer is aiming for the All-time Greatest.