PDA

View Full Version : All trash talk aside, Lakers Vs Spurs is going to be a a great match-up again

The_Game
07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
It's good that the rivarly will be back...

I really hope the Spurs sign Sheed as it will make the match-ups that much more fun....As lets face it before adding Jefferson and maybe Sheed this spurs team weren't a threat to L.A but now it's possibly a new ball game.

Here's to hopfully a good battle this coming season.

MarHill
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM

I really hope the Spurs sign Sheed as it will make the match-ups that much more fun....As lets face it before adding Jefferson and maybe Sheed this spurs team weren't a threat to L.A but now it's possibly a new ball game.

The_Game,

I definitely agree with you!

I'm looking forward to the Spurs-Lakers matchups this season. Hopefully they will play 4 times instead of 3 like last season.

:toast

scottspurs
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
It has been a great offseason thus far, but let the offseason playout before we make any bold predictions.

VivaPopovich
07-05-2009, 04:20 PM

sure is. hell, 2 of the 3 games they had last season were thrillers

hopefully phil jackson will retire succumbing to popovich in defeat. great champs don't usually go out in glory, but passing the torch on to the next generation

SonOfAGun
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree man. We are running out of time to ever see an EPIC Lakers-Spurs round.

z0sa
07-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree man. We are running out of time to ever see an EPIC Lakers-Spurs round.

2003, 2004 were epic. Even 2008 has quite a few memories (mostly angry).

lefty
07-05-2009, 04:26 PM
2003, 2004 we're epic. Even 2008 has quite a few memories (mostly angry).
Don't get me started on games 1 and 4

SonOfAGun
07-05-2009, 04:28 PM
In 08, you could really tell the Spurs were done after the Hornets round. They looked completely drained, outside of Manu's ankle.

I just want to see a round where they are both at full strength and it's just heavy blow after heavy blow. If Spurs get sheed, both teams will be ridiculously stacked.

2Cleva
07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
If SA gets Sheed and assuming LA keeps LO - you're guaranteed a classic.

Wild cards are in the backcourt: who goes off more - Parker or Kobe? Can Parker take it to that next level?

The fun part is that if SA gets Sheed - its a matchup that none of the top 5 of each side be doubled off of. You rarely see that.

Spursmania
07-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Let the games begin, but hopefully after we sign Sheed or Dyess.:toast

Chillen
07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
In 08, you could really tell the Spurs were done after the Hornets round. They looked completely drained, outside of Manu's ankle.

I have to agree. They had to go 7 games to beat that pretty solid Hornets team that gave them a huge fight, I remember that game 7 win thinking that the Lakers are not gonna face that Spurs team at full strength. The Spurs blew some pretty huge leads against the Lakers in that 2008 WCF series and Manu's ankle went bad.

I'd like to see both teams play eachother at full strength again. Would be a great series to watch, especially if the Spurs sign Sheed.

angelbelow
07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
fo sho.

Mugen
07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
all laker fans can go F themselves. :toast

Spursmania
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I have to agree. They had to go 7 games to beat that pretty solid Hornets team that gave them a huge fight, I remember that game 7 win thinking that the Lakers are not gonna face that Spurs team at full strength. The Spurs blew some pretty huge leads against the Lakers in that 2008 WCF series and Manu's ankle went bad.

I'd like to see both teams play eachother at full strength again. Would be a great series to watch, especially if the Spurs sign Sheed.

Do you remember after that draining game 7 in NO, they had to spend the night on the tarmac in the plane? Then the next night play the Lakers? I mean, what bad luck. I'll never forget that.

lefty
07-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Ftl