PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed to Boston

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Wallace a Celtic
The Celtics have reached agreement with free agent forward/center Rasheed Wallace tonight on a contract that starts at the midlevel exemption of $5.8 million, according to a league source.

The contract is believed to be for two years.

The addition of Wallace gives Celtics the service of one of the best shooting big men in the league. It also strengthens an already solid defense and provides offensive and defensive firepower off the bench.

The agreement comes at a time when the former Piston had been expected to be courted by the Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks. Bill Strickland, Wallace’s agent, had said via text message earlier in the day that he was in the process of setting up meetings with those teams.

Mr.Bottomtooth
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/?p=374&srvc=home&position=recent

bdictjames
Gino in 3..2..1

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 07:46 PM
oh wells

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Cue every Spurs fan's "post Maggette" sensation.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
lol Spurs

lol Spursfan902101, what did I tell you?

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
:lol Spurs

Sit on it, Potsie. :bang

InK
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Blah, great :depressed

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
spurs signed haislip calm down guys

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Goddammit now hundreds of Spurstalkers will have to edit his or her 'fictional line-up for next year and how it matches up with other teams' contribution to the board. Yes, McDyess will be our savior, then Zaza and finally fuckin' Drew Gooden. :lol

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
spurs signed haislip calm down guys

Blood pressure rising... forehead vein pulsating...

eh. Whatever really, I was never too keen on the Sheed pick-up.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Marcus Haislip, faggots.

InK
07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Goddammit now hundreds of Spurstalkers will have to edit his or her 'fictional line-up for next year and how it matches up with other teams' contribution to the board. Yes, McDyess will be our savior, then Zaza and finally fuckin' Drew Gooden. :lol

:lol I support this prediction

IronMexican
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I thought it was pretty funny that spurfans thought they were getting Sheed.

sook
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
the Cs are going to have this swagga this coming season.

Rasheed and Garnett on the same team? I can't wait to see it.

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Marcus Haislip, faggots.

:shootme

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
haislip is top 3 in euro basketball
ask kill bill pana

Spursfan092120
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
lol Spurs

lol Spursfan902101, what did I tell you?
wtf are you talking about, douchey? I said in every post "I'm not saying he won't sign with Boston.." Do you speak english?

lefty
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
What now Spurs... Mcdyse...lol
We have no choice

If only Jerry West could send us an all-star PF for free :depressed

InK
07-05-2009, 08:36 PM

Also kind of funny how a team which demolished yours a year ago got significantly stronger, but you think only of poor depleted Spurs. Kinda adoring

Spurtacus
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I thought it was pretty funny that fakers fans thought they were getting Ariza and Odom.

Fixed.

mytespurs
07-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I for one didn't think we'd get Sheed so I'm not upset. Nor did I think he would make our team that much better.

Oh well, let's see what the options are....I guess not so good.

Oh well Spurs fan who were on the Rasheed high horse....we may not have gotten the guy we wanted but sometimes things have a way of working themselves out. We'll just have to wait and see.............

BlackSwordsMan
artest>ariza

pauls931
sigh.... Everyone gets better, Saver, er Sarver keeps on cheapin' it...

wireonfire
Does it mean KG won't be back anytime soon?

mytespurs
07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
:lol Spurs

I figure Lakers fans would enjoy this but...did you honestly think the Spurs were going to overcome your team by signing Rasheed?

Hmmm.........

Spurtacus
07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
artest>ariza

Talent wise, yes. But in the Lakers system the verdict is still out.

MI21
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Damn you, Sheed. I would be really happy with McDyess, but I did prefer Sheed.

MyDyess or some out of the box trade for a big or say goodbye to any chance of competing with the top teams.

Dunc n Dave
07-05-2009, 08:59 PM
No, its just nice to see you guys disappointed, again.:lol

Well sorry the league doesn't cater to us making it easy to sign up big name free agents like L.A. and Boston.
While the Lakers win championships on the backs of "hired gun" free agent signings like Shaq from Orlando, Malone and Payton, and now Artest from Houston, or by GUTTING a team of its best player for NOTHING(no Jefferson was NOT Milwaukee's best player)...

The SPurs win their rings DESPITE the league catering to LA, NY, Chicago, and Boston; by utilizing the draft, shrewd trades, and unknown free agent finds.

I'll take winning championships the RIGHT WAY over buying my way to a championship (ala NY Yankees) anytime.

carrao45
07-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Well sorry the league doesn't cater to us making it easy to sign up big name free agents like L.A. and Boston.
While the Lakers win championships on the backs of "hired gun" free agent signings like Shaq from Orlando and now Artest from Houston, or by GUTTING a team of its best player for NOTHING(no Jefferson was NOT Milwaukee's best player)...

The SPurs win their rings DESPITE the league catering to LA, NY, Chicago, and Boston; by utilizing the draft, shrewd trades, and unknown free agent finds.

I'll take winning championships the RIGHT WAY over buying my way to a championship (ala NY Yankees) anytime.

A championship is a championship, there is no "Right Way." That's ludicrous. when has the league catered to Botson, who went through 23 years of mediocrity between championships. Chicago has never been catered too, they drafted MJ...third. NY hasn't won a title since 1973. And Oh My God could it be that people like LA more than SA, and thats why people come here instead?

VivaPopovich
07-05-2009, 09:08 PM
congrats, they begged hard enough

Pistons < Spurs
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Sheed's never been a favorite of mine, but Boston is a good fit for him and I wish him all the best.

Donkeybong
07-05-2009, 10:18 PM
A championship is a championship, there is no "Right Way." That's ludicrous. when has the league catered to Botson, who went through 23 years of mediocrity between championships. Chicago has never been catered too, they drafted MJ...third. NY hasn't won a title since 1973. And Oh My God could it be that people like LA more than SA, and thats why people come here instead?

wow.. you laid down the ownage.

jacobdrj
07-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Ron Mercer anyone?

mingus
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
good. never wanted Wallace anyway. dude is washed up and plus i never saw him as a spurs anyways

Dunc n Dave
07-05-2009, 10:30 PM

You know what I'm talking about. The league always promotes the big market teams (guess who plays every year @ Christmas). More promotion=more endorsement money for players, because they get more time on national TV. Bigtime FA's will always choose LA and NY over places like SA and Utah, depsite their outstanding recordes the past 10 years, wsith all the odds against them. The league doesn't make it any easier on the small market teams to compete with the L.A./NY/Bos/Chi groups that can go WAY over the cap and hardly put a dent in their profit margin with their bloated TV contracts and high dollar courtside seats.

ESPN is practically BEGGING Lebron to leave Cleveland for NY, saying he'll make more $$ on endorsements, when he already makes more than any other NBA player on endorsement deals.

They can't wait for the Spurs to die either, proclaiming they are "done" the last 2-4 years in the pre-season, while celebrating the re-birth of the Lakers and Celtics.

POINT: The Spurs have never landed an All Star free agent and have won 4 championships "the RIGHT WAY" while accumulating the best record in all of sports for the last decade. All the while, the media outside of San Antonio has hated every minute of it. Put the Spurs team in L.A. they land those free agents that have turned them down and they are media darlings. ESPN would be all over Duncan's jock the way they are on Kobe's. Instead, he is the forgotten superstar that always whines, when Kobe complains to the refs more then he does, but do they ever make those accusations against Kobe?

Rasheed is a perfect example: the national media was BEGGING him to sign with Boston before he ever talked to anyone else, drooling over another Lakers-Celtics Finals possibility.

Chillen
07-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I hate to say it but the Spurs FO ever since trading Scola to Houston has done a piss poor job of luring in free agents by being cheap. Last year Maggette and now Sheed, the RJ trade was brilliant and the draft selections were huge but not signing Sheed, Maggette and trading Scola to Houston to me has put this team in a little hole since the 2007 NBA title. With LA's signing of Artest, the only thing they could do now is sign McDyess and Odom to at least give them a fighters chance of beating the Lakers.

Dunc n Dave
07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I hate to say it but the Spurs FO ever since trading Scola to Houston has done a piss poor job of luring in free agents by being cheap. Last year Maggette and now Sheed, the RJ trade was brilliant and the draft selections were huge but not signing Sheed, Maggette and trading Scola to Houston to me has put this team in a little hole since the 2007 NBA title. With LA's signing of Artest, the only thing they could do now is sign McDyess and Odom to at least give them a fighters chance of beating the Lakers.

The Scoal deal was being cheap. since ownership couldn't afford to pay the luxury tax (unlike the big market teams), but losing Maggette had nothing to do with being cheap. He bolted to GS because he decided $10 million a year on a bad team was better than MLE money on a good team.

afireinside20
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
and the Laker fans breathe a sigh of relief lol fags

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
spurs get big baby!
take that boston :depressed

afireinside20
07-05-2009, 10:50 PM
spurs get big baby!
take that boston :depressed

is it official already?

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 10:51 PM
nah but it probably will be

afireinside20
07-05-2009, 10:52 PM
nah but it probably will be

I say even in getting Glenn Davis, the FO still did good. So if we do indeed get him, can we still get McDyess?

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 10:53 PM
dunno no word on how much he is getting if he is coming

LnGrrrR
07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm tentatively happy about this deal. We didn't give anyone up, and we had the MLE. I'm not sure if this will preclude us from resigning Powe and Davis. I'd like to have those two back if possible. We already resigned Eddie House, IIRC.

I tell you, this season is going to be CRAZY. All the haves are getting stronger, and the havenots are giving stuff away like it's the MLB.

afireinside20
07-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I just know everything will work out in the end. :toast

KSeal
07-05-2009, 10:58 PM
While the Lakers win championships on the backs of "hired gun" free agent signings like Shaq from Orlando, Malone and Payton, and now Artest from Houston, or by GUTTING a team of its best player for NOTHING(no Jefferson was NOT Milwaukee's best player)...

Ummm, never won a championship with Malone or Payton, never won a championship with Ron Artest.

Spurs just did the exact same thing the Lakers did with Gasol, get a great player due to a salary dump from a poor franchise. Who cares how he ranks on the other shit team, both RJ and Gasol are great player that were stolen, stop whining.

Boston didn't win crap for 23 years, Chicago only won when they had MJ, who they drafted, NY hasn't won anything in forever.

Your argument sucks massive ass man, just shut up.

Dunc n Dave
07-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Ummm, never won a championship with Malone or Payton, never won a championship with Ron Artest.

Spurs just did the exact same thing the Lakers did with Gasol, get a great player due to a salary dump from a poor franchise. Who cares how he ranks on the other shit team, both RJ and Gasol are great player that were stolen, stop whining.

Boston didn't win crap for 23 years, Chicago only won when they had MJ, who they drafted, NY hasn't won anything in forever.

Your argument sucks massive ass man, just shut up.

3 championships on Shaq's back, a FA steal from Orlando. Who was the last All Star the Lakers had that they actually drafted themselves? Magic Johnson???

Malone and Payton kept the Lakers in the hunt while riding coattails, now Artest is doing the same thing.

Again, you know what I mean. Big market cities have a HUGE advantage when it comes to signing free agents. The Spurs could win 5 champiuonships in a row and still would struggle to convince the big name FA's to sign with them. Yet, they still finish with the best record in sports in the last 10 years...

They win the right way...

Jacob1983
07-05-2009, 11:12 PM
The picture that describes KG the best is that pic of him acting like one of the zombies in Resident Evil 5. And this is a bad move for the Celtics. Rasheed will make them worse.

peskypesky
07-05-2009, 11:17 PM

not me. never thought he was the right fit. i'd rather get mycdyess, but even that's a long shot IMO.

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:19 PM
:lol:lol:lol:rollin:lol:lol:lol La La Land Fakers

if Manu doesn't come back 100% then the Fakers girlieboy team would get their collective asses handed to them once again :ihit.

Twice in 3 years! :lol:lol:lol

Nurse house, kseal, lakaluvr, steAler nation, 21 blessings, et al, would be shitting giant, gooey, cow patties and bawling their eyes out. Remove all guns, knives, Michael Jackson's drugs, etc., etc., from the La La Land area. Oh yeah, remove all the plastic explosives from Plastic Town. Oh well, nobody gave any serious thought to the gals from LA repeating anyway. ROTFFLMFAO

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:20 PM
3 championships on Shaq's back, a FA steal from Orlando. Who was the last All Star the Lakers had that they actually drafted themselves? Magic Johnson???

Malone and Payton kept the Lakers in the hunt while riding coattails, now Artest is doing the same thing.

Again, you know what I mean. Big market cities have a HUGE advantage when it comes to signing free agents. The Spurs could win 5 champiuonships in a row and still would struggle to convince the big name FA's to sign with them. Yet, they still finish with the best record in sports in the last 10 years...

They win the right way...

Whatever bullshit you have to convince yourself of to make you feel better about your teams titles, child.

Jerry West and the Lakers made a great FA move to trade Vlade for an extremely young Kobe who few believed in at the time and then that enabled them to sign Shaq. Brilliant FO's moves by West got them three titles. So now any team that signs a FA that wins a championship is doing it the wrong way? Please, your argument is pathetic.

And Artest is keeping the Lakers in the hunt? :lmao You can't be that fucking retarded. And just to say, all Ron was getting was the MLE once Houston said fuck off, no team that had cap space was offering a 30 year old Ron any of it.

ffadicted
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Fuck 'Sheed, I want Dice

If not Dice, then fuck everyone else, we're not going anywhere without a big man trade. People wanting the likes of Zaza and Wilcox to be our saviors need to go sit in a corner and rot away.

IronMexican
07-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Also kind of funny how a team which demolished yours a year ago got significantly stronger, but you think only of poor depleted Spurs. Kinda adoring

We'll see, brah.

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:37 PM
kseal, you little ignoramus, the Boston Celtics OWN your La La Land Girlieboyz Fakers so get over yourself. Nobody outside Plastic Town gives a shit about your Fakers. This was the weakest NBA playoff grouping in years and your gals struggled all the way through, never impressing anyone but, you idiot Faker fans. The way you ladies shoot your big mouths off reminds me of Grade School. You are only one knee, ankle or shoulder or ??? of Kobe getting knocked out of the playoffs or even Gasol. You have been extremely lucky so far but, the clock is ticking. I hope it never happens because I always want everyone at full strength. This year Tim, Manu, KG, et al, should be at full strength so you'll have to face real playoff teams. And you know what happens when you end up in the Finals against real teams...Boston & Detroit, yep that's right....you get your sorry asses handed to you. You no longer have Shaq to pull you through for a repeat. But, good luck to your Fakers because that is exactly what they are...Fakers! Just like everything in Tinkle Town, errrr, I mean Tinsel Town or as most people around the world know it as The Land of Plastic! :ihit

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
kseal, you little ignoramus, the Boston Celtics OWN your La La Land Girlieboyz Fakers so get over yourself. Nobody outside Plastic Town gives a shit about your Fakers. This was the weakest NBA playoff grouping in years and your gals struggled all the way through, never impressing anyone but, you idiot Faker fans. The way you ladies shoot your big mouths off reminds me of Grade School. You are only one knee, ankle or shoulder or ??? of Kobe getting knocked out of the playoffs or even Gasol. You have been extremely lucky so far but, the clock is ticking. I hope it never happens because I always want everyone at full strength. This year Tim, Manu, KG, et al, should be at full strength so you'll have to face real playoff teams. And you know what happens when you end up in the Finals against real teams...Boston & Detroit, yep that's right....you get your sorry asses handed to you. You no longer have Shaq to pull you through for a repeat. But, good luck to your Fakers because that is exactly what they are...Fakers! Just like everything in Tinkle Town, errrr, I mean Tinsle Town or as most people around the world know it as Land of Plastic! :ihit

I love you too STR :toast

And did you really expect me to read all that pointless bullshit dribble?

IronMexican
07-05-2009, 11:40 PM
:lol:lol:lol:rollin:lol:lol:lol La La Land Fakers

if Manu doesn't come back 100% then the Fakers girlieboy team would get their collective asses handed to them once again :ihit.

Twice in 3 years! :lol:lol:lol

Nurse house, kseal, lakaluvr, steAler nation, 21 blessings, et al, would be shitting giant, gooey, cow patties and bawling their eyes out. Remove all guns, knives, Michael Jackson's drugs, etc., etc., from the La La Land area. Oh yeah, remove all the plastic explosives from Plastic Town. Oh well, nobody gave any serious thought to the gals from LA repeating anyway. ROTFFLMFAO

Why didn't I get a name?

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I love you too STR :toast

And did you really expect me to read all that pointless bullshit dribble?

Of course not, kseal. First, you need to be able to read.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Of course not, kseal. First, you need to be able to read.

:lmao

That was good. :king

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Why didn't I get a name?

Because you don't act like an asshole. You are one of the few Laker fans who show some class.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Because you don't act like an asshole. You are one of the few Laker fans who show some class.

And you do show class?

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
:lmao

That was good. :king

Please, kseal....people are going to start talking behind our backs.

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
And you do show class?

Never, ever around Faker fans. I do though around Laker fans.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Never, ever around Faker fans. I do though around Laker fans.

:rollin

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
haislip is top 3 in euro basketball
ask kill bill pana

No, I though KBP was split on the issue between him being not even close to a top ten and very likely the single best non-greek to ever play euro-ball.

lil_penny
07-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Sheed and kg on the same team...... intense!!