PDA

View Full Version : Be Honest: Are the Celts better after landing Sheed?

bostonguy
07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I know there is a link in the spurs section but I want your guys reactions to this signing. Here is my 2 cents....

I think this is a bad move especially since the Celts are going to probably lose Glen Davis. Celts got even older and I dont think sheed has all that much left to offer. Plus he is a jumpshooting bigman just like KG is. IMO the Celts will be worse with this signing.

Your thoughts?

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Is sheed's intensity higher than KG's?

bostonguy
07-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Not even close. No one does intensity chest pounds better than KG. Plus the intensity KG brings on euro pussy pgs is something no one else can do. Sheed will have alot to learn from KG.

sook
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM

:lmao

EPIC POST

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Hope sheed likes the bench

sook
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
http://sportsavante.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/garnett_360_040516.jpg

Leetonidas
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Eh, Sheed doesn't really help them much. What the fuck is with the Celtics? Do they think they can just sign a new old player every year and win the title? Fuck, at least the Spurs traded three 30+ year olds for a 29 year old. And like the OP said, with Sheed signing in Boston, Big Baby is likely out, and he was a fucking monster in the playoffs for them.

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
sheed is too old and smokes pot
spurs don't need him

Roxsfan
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM

^ ghey

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Whoa-oh here she comes, watch out boy she'll chew you up
Whoa-oh here she comes, she's a man-eater.

JamStone
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Sheed helps in a couple different ways. Despite his age, he's still a quality player and can contribute on a good team. And, he has always defended Dwight Howard well. Now, with his age, he's lost some quickness and athleticism, but he never really used quickness and athleticism Dwight Howard. He used his BBall IQ, leverage, positioning, and timing against him. Now that Orlando is one of the legitimate top teams in the East, he was a good pick-up in that respect.

Also, I think the Rasheed pick-up was good for the Celtics as a preventative measure. If KG gets injured again, the Celtics are still one of the teams to beat in the East because Sheed can step in and the Celtics don't lose nearly as much defensively as they did last year with Baby and Scalabrine having to pick up the slack. Big Baby helped offensively, but couldn't come close to matching KG's defensive contributions.

Yes, Boston is a better team with Sheed. Good enough to win the East? You never know until the games are played. But, I like their chances against both Orlando and Cleveland now.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Spurfans now trying to downplay how badly then wanted him :lmao

Good thing you guys still have Blair.

BlackBellamy
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM

Not all of us had a massive chub for him.

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
it sucks but I'm not gonna cry about it
he would have been an awesome addition to the spurs

bostonguy
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Word is the Celts are also going after Grant Hill.:lmao:lmao God damn we are trying to get even older.

Spursfan092120
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM

Rasheed would have been nice, no doubt, but the fact is that he's signing elsewhere..we're not giving up our season because we didn't sign an aging PF. There are others out there...give it a rest, homer.

IronMexican
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
He is going to help C's a lot.

Spursmania
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks a lot Boston. :drunk:drunk

mogrovejo
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Of course they are better. However, they could be even better if they had signed McDyess instead.

Glen Davis is overrated. Glen Davis can't rebound. Glen Davis can't finish at the rim. Glen Davis is an extremely poor's man Rasheed Wallace. The Celtics don't need a player like Davis unless he comes back dirty cheap, for the QO or something. I think that's a possibility.

carrao45
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
He clearly helps them. But imagine, the C's led the league in technicals last season, and now the add sheed...haha

LakeShow
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I know there is a link in the spurs section but I want your guys reactions to this signing. Here is my 2 cents....

I think this is a bad move especially since the Celts are going to probably lose Glen Davis. Celts got even older and I dont think sheed has all that much left to offer. Plus he is a jumpshooting bigman just like KG is. IMO the Celts will be worse with this signing.

Your thoughts?

I think he will help because big baby is just too short in the post. Will it be enough to win the east? I don't know, you'll have to deal with Shaq.

Leetonidas
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh Please, you guys were all on Sheeds dick... stop hating.

Go fuck yourself homo. I was never on Sheed's dick. Frankly, I don't give a shit who the Spurs get as long as they are a decent player. McDyess would be better anyway. So quit assuming you know my preferences and go back to jacking off to the thought of Kobe and Ron meeting in the shower.

carrao45
07-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh Please, you guys were all on Sheeds dick... stop hating.

Go fuck yourself homo. I was never on Sheed's dick. Frankly, I don't give a shit who the Spurs get as long as they are a decent player. McDyess would be better anyway. So quit assuming you know my preferences and go back to jacking off to the thought of Kobe and Ron meeting in the shower.

Zing!

Tacker
07-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Eh, Sheed doesn't really help them much. What the fuck is with the Celtics? Do they think they can just sign a new old player every year and win the title? Fuck, at least the Spurs traded three 30+ year olds for a 29 year old. And like the OP said, with Sheed signing in Boston, Big Baby is likely out, and he was a fucking monster in the playoffs for them.

He was a monster only against the bulls going against the likes of Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah......

VivaPopovich
07-05-2009, 09:09 PM
ya it makes them better. but i dont understand why they'd cut down kendrick perkins PT, he got a lot better

robbie380
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
man i didn't realize how average/not good rasheed's numbers have been for the past 3 years.

12.5 ppg
7.1 rpg
1.6 apg
42.8% FG%
35.4% 3p%
1.5 bpg
1 spg

i think he can still play solid d but man he really hasn't done too much for the past 3 years. maybe playing with a bunch of other old players will perk his game up:lol

Unholy Turkey
07-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Sheed would've had a much bigger impact on the Spurs than he would with the Celtics. What Boston needed was a real inside presence, and a tall one at that. I wish the Spurs could've gotten Sheed instead, that woulda been a sight to see.

But now that its done, does Perkins go to the bench, or Sheed?

Pistons < Spurs
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
So long Sheed

The Boston Globe and ESPN are reporting that Rasheed Wallace has agreed to a two-year deal with the Celtics, starting at around $5.5 million.

It's the perfect situation for him at this stage of his career. He's not the same player he was even two years ago. At 35, his legs are pretty much gone. His shooting proficiency has decreased the last three seasons and he's nowhere near the defender he used to be.

But in Boston, Kevin Garnett does most of the heavy lifting on defense and on the boards. Paul Pierce and Garnett draw most of the defensive attention and the way Rajon Rondo can drive and dish, Wallace will be able to do what he can still do relatively well -- drain three-pointers. He made the right choice.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/pistonsblog/index.php?CFID=19655005&CFTOKEN=86634746

BlackSwordsMan
07-05-2009, 09:21 PM
same amount of money with less responsibility--don't blame him

SpursDynasty
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
The Celtics were a KG injury away from a championship. Why add Rasheed? They're overloaded with talent now and that will just disrupt the offense.

Tully365
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
They probably lose Powe too.

JamStone
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Did you seriously just argue that Boston being overloaded with talent is going to make them worse?

Is adding Richard Jefferson overloading the Spurs with talent that will disrupt their offense?

Kobe™
07-05-2009, 10:34 PM
One hell of an NBA season will next year be.

Lp26
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes. You are going to the finals. It's a lock. Sheed will be motivated and a beast next to your FL.

You've got about a 50% chance in the final's depending on Artest's level of crazy that week.

Also screw your team for signing one of my favorite players. :depressed

bdictjames
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Now, yes.
Enough for a title? No.
Worse for the future, it depends what the deal is.

ulosturedge
07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Well apparently San Antonio wasn't completely sold on Rasheed being the answer. And to be honest I can't tell myself if Rasheed is actually washed up or not. San Antonio I still think has the youth movement bug going. But in light of this whole Artest going to the Lakers I think that kind of puts a new spin on things. So maybe San Antonio gets very serious about Sheed and makes a push for him.

I mean on paper Duncan, Parker, Jefferson, Ginobili, and Sheed looks pretty damn good. In the end its Sheed's decision though so we will see what happens. I just hope we get an answer pretty quick that way we can get something done with someone else if need be. Because I don't want no plan C or D lol.

Why did I know Lakers Fans were gonna laugh and say all of us wanted Sheed so bad blah blah. Some of us did and some of us didn't. Pretty naive to think we were all on the Sheed wagon. I have the same question marks now as I did before on him.

Maybe some Piston fans can chime in and give us a better idea if they think Sheed is washed up or not. I didn't watch him play at all last season.

We probably won't know if we missed out on anything or not until the next season starts.

redzero
07-05-2009, 10:56 PM

People mistake KG's insanity as intensity. KG stopped being "intense" long ago.

JamStone
07-05-2009, 11:08 PM
IMO, Rasheed is not washed up at all. He mentally checked out last season. I think he can still contribute a lot to a good team. Last year, he had no motiviation. That's an indictment on him, but it doesn't mean he can't still play. In fact, earlier in the season, against the better teams like the Lakers and Cavs, he played really well. And he still played well against younger, athletic guys like Amare and Dwight. He can still help. He has to be in the right situation where he feels comfortable and is properly motivated. And, he needs someone in the locker room and on the court who will help try to control him.

DrHouse
07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
IMO, Rasheed is not washed up at all. He mentally checked out last season. I think he can still contribute a lot to a good team. Last year, he had no motiviation. That's an indictment on him, but it doesn't mean he can't still play. In fact, earlier in the season, against the better teams like the Lakers and Cavs, he played really well. And he still played well against younger, athletic guys like Amare and Dwight. He can still help. He has to be in the right situation where he feels comfortable and is properly motivated. And, he needs someone in the locker room and on the court who will help try to control him.

I'm more inclined to agree with this than the notion that Sheed is physically washed up. Granted he's no spring chicken, but clearly he was not laying his body on the line last season.

Ditty
07-05-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm more inclined to agree with this than the notion that Sheed is physically washed up. Granted he's no spring chicken, but clearly he was not laying his body on the line last season.

well celtics are clearly better than the lakers even without sheed:lol

iggypop123
07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
sheed is an upgrade. he can defend the bigs in the east well. and he is a perfect fit for that team. there wont be enough opponents for them to taunt. losing davis sort of makes this a wash move. the problem is for sheed to make an impact he needs to play more than 25 min and thats the most i see him getting. its not like kg is going to play 30 min a game right. perkins getting 25 might be bad for celtics

Lp26
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
One thing he will 100% help you with is stopping Dwight Howard. He is so far in his head it's ridiculous.

ulosturedge
07-05-2009, 11:37 PM
One thing he will 100% help you with is stopping Dwight Howard. He is so far in his head it's ridiculous.

Well anyone can stop Howard. Just send him to the freethrow line... We learned that from the Finals..

Anyways, I guess we will find out soon enough.

robbie380
07-05-2009, 11:39 PM

he has had almost the same stat line for the past 3 years.

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:41 PM
well celtics are clearly better than the lakers even without sheed:lol

From a Spurfan, you have to say this at this point. You know your team isn't better so you have to turn to another team and say they're better, when in fact they aren't better and they aren't worse.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-05-2009, 11:49 PM
This helps Boston, no question. They relied on Perky too much last year even when KG was healthy. If they add Grant Hill they're a legit contender.

SouthTexasRancher
07-05-2009, 11:51 PM

Your thoughts?

As long as KG is 100% then the Celtics were the best in the East and since you cleaned the Lakers clock in last year's NBA Finals I would say you were fine sticking with the Championship team. I think Ainge and Rivers are over-playing it and run the chance of too many ego's that need to be fed if things start to go South. But, we'll see. Maybe Sheed will accept coming off the bench and things will be fine. I know the Laker fans are scared to death right now. Good luck with your team and I hope we see you in the Finals!

KSeal
07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
The fact they most likely lose Powe is huge. He was big for them, but Sheed helps, really old team especially if the sign Hill. We'll have to see how they hold up through the course of the year.

Gino
07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Yes.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-05-2009, 11:58 PM
i like sheed, but i had hoped we didn't get him.

Ditty
07-06-2009, 12:11 AM
The fact they most likely lose Powe is huge. He was big for them, but Sheed helps, really old team especially if the sign Hill. We'll have to see how they hold up through the course of the year.

old lol 24 year old ariza>a 29 year old artest i wouldn't be talking old to a guy that already reached his peak 3 years ago and a guy yall lsot who is heading towards his peak

and about the spurs it dosent bother me too much of course rasheed would of made us defintly better than LA minus odom who i dont think will come back IMO because he wants to be selfish a get paid which is a good thing:lol

us adding mdyess will defintly make us a good as the lakers minus odom again

well see what hapens

Ditty
07-06-2009, 12:18 AM
:lmao

:lol lakers think there getting a ron artest in his prime and thinking they actually got better

The_Game
07-06-2009, 12:28 AM
anybody with a brain can see L.A got better

Stop acting as if Artest is old...guy will be 30 this year and is coming off a 17, 5 and 3 year...the guy is still a elite defender and can score. Artest is going to be a very good player in L.A...

Ditty
07-06-2009, 12:37 AM

Stop acting as if Artest is old...guy will be 30 this year and is coming off a 17, 5 and 3 year...the guy is still a elite defender and can score. Artest is going to be a very good player in L.A...

but yall are sure getting a hard on about about this guy over a younger more athletic ariza...artest in nothing but a good defender now and had his best defensive and offensive days behind him..artest was the second best player on the team and averaged 17 points a game :wow artest shot 40% this year which is okay but one of the worst percentages he has shot in his carreer..artest is a good pick up but dosent make the lakers better than last year but about the same espically if this causes odom to walk they'll not be as good as last year, which laker fans seem not to believe will happen

carrao45
07-06-2009, 12:49 AM
We just got rid of a guy that was not even a top 20 wing, for a guy thats a top five. Yeah... Id take that deal.

Ehhh...i like the deal too, but Artest is Top 10-15, not top 5. Ariza is Top 25-30

robbie380
07-06-2009, 12:53 AM

this is true but he is an old 30. he has 2 partially torn ligaments in his right ankle likely from wear and tear of playing on concrete too much. i loved artest's toughness in houston (and i fucking hate him for leaving to go to your team) but toughness can only last so long before you break down. artest hasn't exactly had the healthiest career in the world. he has missed almost 16 games a year on average and has missed nearly 20 games a year over the past 4 years.

like i said in another thread...if phil can somehow only get ron to take 3 threes a game and take the rest of his shots within 15 feet or posting up then he will be awesome. if not then you guys will have a problem with him disrupting the offense. i think ariza is a better fit for you guys since he won't dominate the ball and artest is a better fit for us with yao and tracy out.

btw nice thread derail spursowntexas :toast

Ghazi
07-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Lebron
Pierce
Iguodala
Melo
Granger

and then some!

The_Game
07-06-2009, 01:08 AM
but yall are sure getting a hard on about about this guy over a younger more athletic ariza...artest in nothing but a good defender now and had his best defensive and offensive days behind him..artest was the second best player on the team and averaged 17 points a game :wow artest shot 40% this year which is okay but one of the worst percentages he has shot in his carreer..artest is a good pick up but dosent make the lakers better than last year but about the same espically if this causes odom to walk they'll not be as good as last year, which laker fans seem not to believe will happen

Odom is not leaving, it isn't possible no.

Artest shot 40% from three...pretty damn good to me.

Artest is more than just a good defender..He is ELITE...he isn't what he was defensively but he is still damn good.

Lakers will be clearly better than last past year...a healthly Bynum makes that for certain.

rayray2k8
07-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Spurs fans wanted him, but I don't know why he prefers to come off the bench, when he could have been a starter elsewhere. :huh

mystargtr34
07-06-2009, 06:36 AM
LeBron
Pierce
Turkoglu
Granger
Wallace
Jefferson
Butler
Anthony
Howard
Jackson
Gay
Durant

I would take all of those guys on my team before Ron Artest.

mystargtr34
07-06-2009, 06:36 AM
And Ariza :lol.

mystargtr34
07-06-2009, 06:38 AM
About Rasheed. I dont think he will help the Celtics as much as he would have helped the Spurs. But since the Spurs didnt land him, ill take it as a blessing in disguise.

Chieflion
07-06-2009, 06:38 AM
LeBron
Pierce
Turkoglu
Granger
Wallace
Jefferson
Butler
Anthony
Howard
Jackson
Gay
Durant

I would take all of those guys on my team before Ron Artest.
Except for the bolded one, I agree.

21_Blessings
07-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Delusional Spurs fan thinking Jefferson is better than Artest :lmao :lmao

San Antonio's perimeter defense is going to so fucking atrocious. Parker, Manu and RJ :lol

robbie380
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Delusional Spurs fan thinking Jefferson is better than Artest :lmao :lmao

San Antonio's perimeter defense is going to so fucking atrocious. Parker, Manu and RJ :lol

not trolling or being bitter but i truly believe ariza is a better fit for you guys and artest a better fit for us. artest will take over the offense and become a black hole. his defense is still top notch but he can't guard faster perimeter players like he used to be able to but he can guard post guys better now since he is bigger. also let's not forget this guy has missed nearly 20 games a year over the past 4 years and he has 2 partially torn ligaments in his right ankle basically from wear and tear. i'm still pissed that he left but i honestly believe his offensive game will not operate in harmony with the offense you guys have now.

21_Blessings
07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Artest was FORCED to take over the Houston offense. He won't have to in LA and :lmao at anybody thinking he's going to take those shots away from Kobe. Artest knows who the Alpha Male in LA.

Other than that Artest has a good post game. Phil Jackson is 10 times the coach Aldeman is. Artest will be utilized based on matchups and when his number isn't being called all he has to do is stand in the corner and hit wide open three pointers. Something Artest is very good at.

Artest won't have to guard the faster perimeter players, silly. That's what Kobe is for. Artest just needs to worry about Melo, Lebron, Pierce and :lol: Jefferson. RonRon owned the shit out of Lebron, PP and Melo last season.

jacobdrj
07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
There is not 1 team in the NBA that wouldn't benefit from the addition of Rasheed Wallace, including the Pistons and the Celtics. Pistons don't have the MLE, besides the fact that Rasheed's purpose here was blurred in 2005 when Corliss was traded away.

Rasheed will be a very nice addition to the Celtics. He is good insurance for KG. He will spread the floor on Ray-Ray's off nights (and there are many). His post-man defense is still top 5 (and to be honest, probably top 2, but I can't think of every single PF right now).

I wish him luck.

TheNextGen
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
so four perimeter guys and KG in the middle? They gonna run Orlando's offense?

DDS4
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM
The bitching with calls against the Celts at home will be off the charts.

Culburn369
07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Wallace is a maniac. He's sobered up for one gd series in his career, against the Lakers in '04 (right after .4 {tee, hee}.

He went so far in that series as to mentor the other hotheads on the Pistons to settle down and not get technicals. Can ya imagine it?

He did show up twice a year thru his Detroit stint though. Always vs the Lakers. You couldn't drag his worthless rump off that arc until the Lakers were the opponent. Then? Right down into the paint he'd jockey. Jesus Christ, Detroit beat us in December (I believe) of '08 and went into a 7 month tailspin thereafter. It was rich!

jacobdrj
07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Wallace is a maniac. He's sobered up for one gd series in his career, against the Lakers in '04 (right after .4 {tee, hee}.

He went so far in that series as to mentor the other hotheads on the Pistons to settle down and not get technicals. Can ya imagine it?

He did show up twice a year thru his Detroit stint though. Always vs the Lakers. You couldn't drag his worthless rump off that arc until the Lakers were the opponent. Then? Right down into the paint he'd jockey. Jesus Christ, Detroit beat us in December (I believe) of '08 and went into a 7 month tailspin thereafter. It was rich!

Phil Jackson disagrees.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM

Pretty sure that game was in November. I think the Lakers were 7-0, so no way that was in December.

Darrin
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Your thoughts?

I think it makes them better. They have insurance behind KG now. If he goes down again, it's better to have him than Mikki Moore as a backup power forward.

If KG is healthy, Rasheed Wallace is not overly exerted being the next PJ Brown.

Thirdly, Orlando has had fits with Detroit. The defending Conference Champions have especially had trouble getting Dwight Howard off because of Wallace. It makes sense for them to try and get him.

Culburn369
07-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Pretty sure that game was in November. I think the Lakers were 7-0, so no way that was in December.

Ok, November, December, no diff. The point is Detroit was one of a myriad of teams who strove to beat the Lakers and then immediately went on extended losing streaks.

And as long as were on the subject one of the worst offenders of this Laker concentration was f'in Artest. I hate to talke treason about a current Lakers, but for Christsakes, that SOB would take the game off before the Lakers game just so he could rest up. He'd go like 46 mins, 13/22, 12 and 3 with 3 steals and 2 blocks. Next game? 22 mins, 2/9, 2 and 0 with 0 steals, 0 blocks and 5 TOs.

jdev82
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Of course they are better. However, they could be even better if they had signed McDyess instead.

Glen Davis is overrated. Glen Davis can't rebound. Glen Davis can't finish at the rim. Glen Davis is an extremely poor's man Rasheed Wallace. The Celtics don't need a player like Davis unless he comes back dirty cheap, for the QO or something. I think that's a possibility.

you are an idiot if you think they have similar player profiles.davis is a scrappy intireor PF who cant fucking shoot the broad side of a fucking barn. dumb as toast, davis cant rebound either. his one upside is that he seems to know what hes doing with the shot clock winding down. im not talking about his shot against orlando, im talking about his moving screens. as much as i hated that, thats what KT did, although less obvious. its necessary. i still dont support this because hes dumb, hes an LSU player and hes a big that cant rebound.

LnGrrrR
07-07-2009, 07:53 AM

Your thoughts?

I think the Celtics are somewhat pushing all their chips to the table on this one.

I hope we resign Davis, probably even moreso than Powe. (Just the slightest bit though, I'm a fan of Powe.)

I'm willing to give Ainge the benefit of the doubt though.

LnGrrrR
07-07-2009, 08:04 AM
This helps Boston, no question. They relied on Perky too much last year even when KG was healthy. If they add Grant Hill they're a legit contender.

You don't think they're a legit contender already?

LnGrrrR
07-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Edit: I'm a putz, and misread a post. Nevermind!

ginobili's bald spot
07-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Ya the Celtics are starting to look pretty scary. Maybe this will be the year we have our chance to get some revenge.

ElNono
07-07-2009, 08:19 AM
I think it helps them. For all the shit spoken about Sheed, you have to also say he was on a Pistons team that has been coasting for a while now. I think if he can get motivated, he's still a premier post defender and he also has a decent post game. Those attributes can only help your team.

Killakobe81
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
As long as KG is 100% then the Celtics were the best in the East and since you cleaned the Lakers clock in last year's NBA Finals I would say you were fine sticking with the Championship team. I think Ainge and Rivers are over-playing it and run the chance of too many ego's that need to be fed if things start to go South. But, we'll see. Maybe Sheed will accept coming off the bench and things will be fine. I know the Laker fans are scared to death right now. Good luck with your team and I hope we see you in the Finals!

Scared to death? BAHAHAHA ...Only thing i care about is getting the Odom deal done and getting bynum healthy both those two things happen and we are the favorites for the title.

Lakers off season to do list to repeat:
1. Retain Phil (check)
2. Sign Lamar (pending)
3. Re-sign Ariza ...now we have Artest (talent upgrade vs. lost potential speed)
4. Get Kobe rest (check)
5. Get Bynum healthy (pending)
6. Find Sasha's missing stroke (we'll see)
7. Resign Shannon Brown (check)

And really the top 5 is all that's truly NEEDED 6 and 7 is just gravy ...

Let's see in a Finals with celts (if they get there)

We would have
Fish/Farmar/Brown vs. Rondo/Pruitt
Kobe/Sasha vs. Allen/House
Artest/Walton vs. Pierce
Gasol/Bynum/Odom vs. KG/Perk/Sheed

I'll take our chances plus they may have to get through BOTH Orlando and Cleveland to get there ...

We may have just the Spurs ... it has become a five team NBA folks for next season barring injuries the champs will come from the Cavs, Lakers, Magic Spurs or Celts...that's it.

Everyone else's fans might as well adopt one of these 5 as your 2nd favorite team otherwise a title is a dream deferred.

Also I LOVE what OKC is doing so far even MORE than Portland. They are only one good post player from being TRULY dangerous I hope they DON"T make the playoffs next year and get the best BIG they can find in 2-3 years if they play it smart they will be scary because much like the Spurs they are looking at fit not just talent I think harden will be ROY and OKC makes a run at 40 wins ...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Also I LOVE what OKC is doing so far even MORE than Portland. They are only one good post player from being TRULY dangerous I hope they DON"T make the playoffs next year and get the best BIG they can find in 2-3 years if they play it smart they will be scary because much like the Spurs they are looking at fit not just talent I think harden will be ROY and OKC makes a run at 40 wins ...

OKC will be better than Portland in a few years.

LnGrrrR
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
No!!!

No one to backup PP, no backup PG, no Powe, no Fat Baby. If they take care of those issues, then yes.

Not many teams have three to four stars on the starting five AND decent backups at every position.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
If Boston gets Grant Hill then that takes care of a lot of their depth problems and in all likelihood means Pierce won't have to play 38 MPG this year.