PDA

View Full Version : McNair to Hall of Fame?

redraiderinfiji
07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I would love for to go.....

he at the least should be put into the college football hall of fame

BUMP
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately...

I think he falls a bit short without the championship.

1 MVP
3 Pro Bowls

not quite enough but definitely the college football hall of fame :toast

monosylab1k
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I say he gets in. He and Jim Kelly have fairly comparable numbers, and Kelly is in.

CubanMustGo
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
The difference is that Kelly took his team to four SBs.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I say he gets in. He and Jim Kelly have fairly comparable numbers, and Kelly is in.

You must only have looked at passing yardage, which is kind of close, if you consider 28th all-time close to 15th all-time. The co-MVP and 30 more rushing touchdowns aren't enough to get him within shouting distance of Kelly. I don't think there's any way he makes the hall of fame.

monosylab1k
07-05-2009, 10:18 PM
The difference is that Kelly took his team to four SBs.

And still wound up with the same amount of rings as McNair.

monosylab1k
07-05-2009, 10:20 PM
You must only have looked at passing yardage, which is kind of close, if you consider 28th all-time close to 15th all-time. The co-MVP and 30 more rushing touchdowns aren't enough to get him within shouting distance of Kelly. I don't think there's any way he makes the hall of fame.

Kelly had more TD passes, McNair had far fewer INT's. Both played almost exactly the same amount of games with close to the same amount of pass attempts. McNair's combined Pass/Rush TD's comes pretty close to Kelly's.

If you want to go contrary to everything I say just for the sake of it, go right ahead because it makes you look like an even bigger dumbass than you actually are :toast

CubanMustGo
07-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Kelly had more TD passes, McNair had far fewer INT's. Both played almost exactly the same amount of games with close to the same amount of pass attempts. McNair's combined Pass/Rush TD's comes pretty close to Kelly's.

If you want to go contrary to everything I say just for the sake of it, go right ahead because it makes you look like an even bigger dumbass than you actually are :toast

Geez, dude, get over yourself. Disagreeing with you hardly makes anyone a dumbass.

monosylab1k
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Geez, dude, get over yourself. Disagreeing with you hardly makes anyone a dumbass.

Well you're the dumbass that thinks Jim Kelly getting curbstomped a shitload of times in the SB suddenly makes him far superior to McNair. No surprises here.

IronMexican
07-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I have to say no.

J.T.
07-06-2009, 12:39 AM
I have to say no.

I'm inclined to agree. If McNair does make it, it won't be in his first year of eligibility like Kelly.

BRHornet45
07-06-2009, 12:44 AM
sons he was a great player, but no hall of famer

Spurtacus
07-06-2009, 03:10 AM
He had a nice career but falls short of being HOF worthy.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2009, 06:50 AM

McNair had 30 more rushing TDs, so their total TDs are close (if you consider 244 to 211 close). The day having fewer career interceptions than a hall of famer becomes the primary criterion for judging someone worthy of the hall of fame, McNair's a cinch to get in.

Games played:

Kelly 160
McNair 161

Super Bowls
Kelly 4
McNair 1

Pro Bowls
Kelly 5
McNair 3

Times in top ten in completions
Kelly 7
McNair 2

Times in top ten in passing yards
Kelly 6 (never lower than eighth)
McNair 2 (never higher than tenth)

Times in top ten in passing TD
Kelly 9 (led once)
McNair 3

Times in top ten in passer rating
Kelly 7 (led once)
McNair 2 (led once)

Times in top ten in yards per attempt
Kelly 8
McNair 2 (led once)

PS Get the fuck over yourself. If you can't have a discussion without thinking it's personal then don't bother bringing your lame bullshit in here. And if you don't want someone to go contrary on you then maybe you should make arguments that aren't so fucking easy to dismantle.

samikeyp
07-06-2009, 07:57 AM
College? yes (should have won the Heisman), Pro? Sadly no. Just not enough numbers. That is no disrespect to the man, he had a good career and was taken from us way too soon.

florige
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
College? yes (should have won the Heisman), Pro? Sadly no. Just not enough numbers. That is no disrespect to the man, he had a good career and was taken from us way too soon.

Seeing how QB's have faired after winning the Heisman, it's probably better that he didn't win that coveted award.