PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Lineups

LnGrrrR
07-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Snubs? People who were voted on that shouldn't have been? (Is there a shorter word for that?)

I'm glad personally that Wakefield made it, though I don't think the stats justify it. It's fun watching the knuckleball though.

slayermin
07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Johnny Cueto

Melmart1
07-06-2009, 12:44 AM
No Ian Kinsler? Bah!

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
No Ian Kinsler? Bah!

Aaron Hill has been playing better as of late and they had similar stats coming in. He prob just passed him up. In all fairness I think Hill and Kinsler should both be there instead of Pedroia. Im sure he passed them up because of popularity.

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
It still amazes me that Hammy made it in and he has missed a LOT of time this season.

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 09:42 AM
How is Lind not there?

Melmart1
07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Aaron Hill has been playing better as of late and they had similar stats coming in. He prob just passed him up. In all fairness I think Hill and Kinsler should both be there instead of Pedroia. Im sure he passed them up because of popularity.

I agree, Hill/Kinsler should be the 2B. Kinsler was ahead by 7K votes going into the weekend, so the Boston fans must have stuffed a shitload of ballots for him to have won by almost 80K.

I have been voting consistently for Kinsler in the final vote thing online. Some Rangers fans and I are trying to get the word out on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It's been kinda fun, actually. Hopefully he gets in.

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I agree, Hill/Kinsler should be the 2B. Kinsler was ahead by 7K votes going into the weekend, so the Boston fans must have stuffed a shitload of ballots for him to have won by almost 80K.

I have been voting consistently for Kinsler in the final vote thing online. Some Rangers fans and I are trying to get the word out on Facebook, Twitter, etc. It's been kinda fun, actually. Hopefully he gets in.

Yeah im sure the Boston fans voted like crazy, which sucks. When is voting over? Ill go and put some more votes for hill and kinsler.

Thunder Dan
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
No Mark Teahen? wtf?

monosylab1k
07-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah im sure the Boston fans voted like crazy, which sucks. When is voting over? Ill go and put some more votes for hill and kinsler.

Hey ATRAIN, don't think I forgot that the Rangers once again kicked the crap out of the ASStros and took home the SILVER BOOT!

SUCK ON THAT!

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey ATRAIN, don't think I forgot that the Rangers once again kicked the crap out of the ASStros and took home the SILVER BOOT!

SUCK ON THAT!

Have you forgotten that your the only one in the world that gives a shit about the silver boot?

monosylab1k
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Have you forgotten that your the only one in the world that gives a shit about the silver boot?

Oh you wish it was like that. You wish your team had 6 Silver Boot Titles!

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh you wish it was like that. You wish your team had 6 Silver Boot Titles!

LOL sad man just sad. You can keep the silverboot I like our little banner that says 2005 NL champs.

monosylab1k
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
LOL sad man just sad. You can keep the silverboot I like our little banner that says 2005 NL champs.

Yeah too bad about the White Sox.

6 Silver Boots! Booyah!

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah too bad about the White Sox.

6 Silver Boots! Booyah!

Yeah it happens but I was happy just to be there. Good luck for the rest of the season, your div is stepping up as of late.

Melmart1
07-06-2009, 12:11 PM

I think it ends THursday, you can vote as many times as you like.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/fv/ballot.html

resistanze
07-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Adam muthafuckin' Lind.

gaKNOW!blee
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Everyone go out and vote Shane Victorino for the final roster spot!!

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
adam muthafuckin' lind.

+1

slayermin
07-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Damn, didn't realize Aaron Hill had 20 hr's.

ATRAIN
07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Damn, didn't realize Aaron Hill had 20 hr's.

yup and someone dropped him early on in our fantasy baseball league :).

JamStone
07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Miguel Cabrera caught a tough break being a first baseman. He has an argument that he should be on the roster, maybe even over Youkilis. Don't get me wrong. Youk desrves it too, but there is an argument. While Youk is better defensively, Cabrera has improved a lot in that regard that I think you could say he's an above average defensive first baseman. And Cabrera is third in batting average and has been top five basically all season. They have the same amount of RBIs and Cabrera has a couple more homeruns. Plus Cabrera hasn't had much protection in front or behind him this whole season. Hes carried the Tigers offensively for much of the year. In reality, both Youk and Cabrera deserve to be on the squad. But Cabrera isn't even on the last man fan ballot. I wish they could have designated Youk as a third baseman and included Cabrera on the roster. I thing he deserves to be on there more than Michael Young.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Best record in baseball and no starters.

slayermin
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Best record in baseball and no starters.

A couple of starters every year are head scratchers so you can't really take the voting too seriously.

If the managers and players don't vote guys like Billingsley and Broxton in, then you know something is rotten in Denmark.

Thunder Dan
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Who should make the All Star team?

Player A
BA: .256
HR: 18
RBI: 43
OBP: .341
SB: 15(4 CS)

Player B
BA: .301
HR: 12
RBI: 53
OBP: .406
SB: 13(0 CS)

slayermin
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Johnny Cueto

Last time I give props to one of my fantasy team players.

JamStone
07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Who should make the All Star team?

Player A
BA: .256
HR: 18
RBI: 43
OBP: .341
SB: 15(4 CS)

Player B
BA: .301
HR: 12
RBI: 53
OBP: .406
SB: 13(0 CS)

Is player A on a team that's first place in their division and is a superior defensive outfielder? And, is player B on a team that has the worst record in the AL, second worst record in all of baseball?

If those are the facts, I'll go with player A.

pkbpkb81
07-06-2009, 08:35 PM
MILWOOD got jobbed

i was wrong after last night

gaKNOW!blee
07-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Johnny Cueto

lol until the Phillies get a hold of him...

slayermin
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
lol until the Phillies get a hold of him...

Phillies rough up a lot of pitchers. But Cueto especially got owned tonight. He gave up 9 earned and couldn't get out of the first. There goes my ERA and WHIP for the week.

gaKNOW!blee
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Phillies rough up a lot of pitchers. But Cueto especially got owned tonight. He gave up 9 earned and couldn't get out of the first. There goes my ERA and WHIP for the week.

His ERA almost rose an entire point in one night...that hurts.

ducks
07-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Is player A on a team that's first place in their division and is a superior defensive outfielder? And, is player B on a team that has the worst record in the AL, second worst record in all of baseball?

because a team record has to do with how good a certain player is?

a player like hudson is good but when he bats in front of manny he is better
that should be taken into consideration

JamStone
07-07-2009, 12:10 AM
No, because a team dead last in the conference shouldn't have more than one all star.

Empty stats.

ducks
07-07-2009, 12:42 AM
No, because a team dead last in the conference shouldn't have more than one all star.

Empty stats.

so the player should be punished if he has allstar numbers but his teamate pitchers suck ass

got it

so if you put up allstar numbers you should demand out so you can go to allstar game got it

oh I guess you are mad dbacks have 2 allstars this year plus they might get a THIRD ONE ( mark)
thursday we will see

oh and he has the best stats out of them all that could go

JamStone
07-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Arizona isn't "dead last" in the NL. Washington is. And let me clarify. Although I don't think last place teams should get multiple all stars, if they are clearly no-brainer all stars with crazy numbers, fine. The player mentioned is not putting up no-brainer all star numbers. If two borderline all stars are competing for one spot, then I go with the player on the first place team over the player on the last place team. Makes sense to me. But yeah, in general, last place teams in the league shouldn't have multiple all stars, with rare exceptions.

Thunder Dan
07-07-2009, 06:51 AM

haha you looked it up

all I'm saying is Granderson with that .250 BA isn't an All Star

JamStone
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Didn't have to look up Granderson. I recognized his stats. Looked up the Indians team stats because I figured you would be using an Indians player as the other player.

A .250 - .260 batting average isn't great at all. I would agree with that. He obviously was selected by the players for reasons aside from that. Maybe because he has the most HRs for a centerfielder in the AL, third most of any AL outfielder after Dye and Bay. Maybe because he's developed into one of the top defensive centerfielders. Maybe because of his combination of speed and power, since he has the second most HRs of any AL player with at least 15 stolen bases. Maybe other players think he's just a helluva nice kid who is a student of the game and deserves it. Who knows? They definitely weren't voting for him for his batting average. But, they disagree with you that he's not an all star. So, I guess it doesn't matter if you don't think he is or not.

Shrugs.

howardcopy
07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
haha you looked it up

all I'm saying is Granderson with that .250 BA isn't an All Star

I agree here. If anyone from the Tigers should have made it, it should have been Miggy!!!

48 Runs
16 HR's
47 RBI
.322 BA

Come on!!!

JamStone
07-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Outfield v. infield.

I would have designated Youkilis as a third baseman and added Cabrera on the roster over Michael Young.

Granderson isn't hitting the ball great for average, but everything else about his game is above average to great. Players who voted for him were probably impressed with the combined HRs and steals probably. That's always been something highly regarded for many years. Going way back when Canseco was the first 40/40 guy. Then you look at when Soriano did it a few years ago, it was also an impressive feat. Even 30/30 is hard to do and Granderson is on pace to do it. And you look at the majors right now, Granderson and Kinsler are probably the two players in the entire majors that have a legitimate chance at going 30/30 or better this year.

I have no problem if someone thinks Granderson doesn't deserve to be an all star. He's absolutely a borderline all star. But, I'm happy for the kid because he does work hard, he studies the game, knows it's history, and is conducts himself great on and off the field. Obviously, I'm a Tigers fan, so as such, I'm also happy he gets the benefit of the doubt from other players in the league that he's impressed them enough to earn a spot.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
adam muthafuckin' lind.

+2

JamStone
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Isn't Lind a DH? It's at a NL park this year. If you're a DH, you risk being overlooked like that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
It's a good thing the fans for a 2nd straight year haven't let the stupid big market affect them and have voted Hanley Ramirez in over both Rollins and Reyes. In 2007 it was disgusting to see Reyes start in the all star game while Hanley didn't even make it.

Road House Captain
07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
who should make the all star team?

player a
ba: .256
hr: 18
rbi: 43
obp: .341
sb: 15(4 cs)

player b
ba: .301
hr: 12
rbi: 53
obp: .406
sb: 13(0 cs)

b

Road House Captain
07-07-2009, 04:50 PM

Empty stats.

Adam Dunn is on pace for 44 HRs and 118 RBIs even with the last place Nats. He certainly deserves to go to the AS Game.

ducks
07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Adam Dunn is on pace for 44 HRs and 118 RBIs even with the last place Nats. He certainly deserves to go to the AS Game.
maybe he does not strike out
but dunn can not field worth anything
first base outfield
nothing