PDA

View Full Version : It is unfair to compare Glen Davis to Bonner!!!

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Ok, I get the part about rebounding and blocked shots.

But whoever watched celtics during playoffs (I did) knows Davis played his ass off. He hit clutch shots, played really good defence, etc.

Not to mention he seems like a good and funny guy and I am sure this is also a big reason why the Spurs like him.

Stats can't show you everything. If anyone Spurs fans should realise that and not hump his rebounding numbers so much. Remember that we signed someone named Jefferson? We all know that rebounding is getting better from that position becauce surely RJ rbounding>>>> Bowen+Finley rebounding

We all know what we get from Bonner... Pretty much nothing when it matters.

If you ask me... Davis=Wallace when all is done in terms how much better we get.

:flag:

ivanfromwestwood
07-06-2009, 01:17 AM
we got blair. thanks for the try anyway.

scottspurs
07-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Why didn't you just post this in another thread?

Bruno
07-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it is unfair for Matt. Matt at least can shoot.

timvp
07-06-2009, 01:33 AM
If you ask me... Davis=Wallace when all is done in terms how much better we get.
The Celtics disagree. They just signed Wallace knowing full well that it could mean the loss of Grande Baby.

VivaPopovich
07-06-2009, 01:35 AM
believe me, most these guys would take Big Baby over baby bonner any day

the issue is how much money he asks for

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 02:03 AM
The Celtics disagree. They just signed Wallace knowing full well that it could mean the loss of Grande Baby.

Yeah they did. But they are overestimating Wallace just as most of the league does.

He will be 35 before the season starts and his shooting numbers sucked when he was 34. Why would the get dramatically better? Maybe a little, but he won't turn into a great shooter overnight.

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 02:05 AM

Have you watched any Celtics OR SPURS games these last playoffs?

If you did (I know you did :lol ) How can you claim he can shoot?

Or you only care how he shoots in october?

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 02:07 AM
believe me, most these guys would take Big Baby over baby bonner any day

the issue is how much money he asks for

23 year old guy with upside who already showed his worth and heart in the playoffs... MLE is not too much for such a player.

If we care about selling tickets we should get Iverson, If we care about winning in the playoffs it is insulting to mention Bonner and Davis in the same sentence.

ivanfromwestwood
07-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Have you watched any Celtics OR SPURS games these last playoffs?

If you did (I know you did :lol ) How can you claim he can shoot?

Or you only care how he shoots in october?

good point. i still dont think gd is worth throwing that kinda money to. i could be wrong.

Mr. Body
07-06-2009, 02:15 AM

I'd take Sheed in their case. Boston is going all-in. That team is old and getting older.

Sense
07-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Big Baby reminds me of Malik Rose...

I hated Malik

Spurtacus
07-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Malik > Baby
Blair > Baby

PASS

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 03:46 AM
I also believe they are not so worried about rebounding factor because of Blair. He seems like he could contribute some minutes imidiately...

Spurs da champs
07-06-2009, 04:53 AM

Yeah Matt was very clutch/accurate in the playoffs. :lol Big baby made a lot of clutch shots and contributed big in the playoffs.

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Yeah Matt was very clutch/accurate in the playoffs. :lol Big baby made a lot of clutch shots and contributed big in the playoffs.

Well Bonner wasn't so bad... Maybe Bruno has a point there.

He did manage to shoot 22% from the field... That is probably better than most of us posters could. :lol

K-State Spur
07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Ok, I get the part about rebounding and blocked shots.

But whoever watched celtics during playoffs (I did) knows Davis played his ass off. He hit clutch shots, played really good defence, etc.

spoken like somebody who never watched him UNTIL this year's playoffs.

Spurs da champs
07-06-2009, 06:42 AM
That showed how when under pressure and when he starts he contributes big. He didn't play as much before till Leon Powe & KG got hurt.

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
spoken like somebody who never watched him UNTIL this year's playoffs.

Um.... He is 23 if you haven't noticed the rest of the thread.

Usually players get kind of better each year at this age. :toast

K-State Spur
07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Um.... He is 23 if you haven't noticed the rest of the thread.

Usually players get kind of better each year at this age. :toast

he was nothing short of terrible THIS year until the playoffs.

2 years is a much bigger sample size than 20+ games...against 2 of the weakest front lines in the entire league.

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 07:49 AM
he was nothing short of terrible THIS year until the playoffs.

2 years is a much bigger sample size than 20+ games...against 2 of the weakest front lines in the entire league.

Yeah... Howard, Gortat and Lewis are one of the weakest frontlines in the league!

TURRIBLE! :lol

urunobili
07-06-2009, 07:51 AM

Grande Baby sounds like a new hamburger on a fast food place :lmao

K-State Spur
07-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah... Howard, Gortat and Lewis are one of the weakest frontlines in the league!

TURRIBLE! :lol

howard was almost never matched up on baby. gortat barely played in that series. and yes, defensively, lewis is one of the weakest 4s in the league.

TheProfessor
07-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Malik > Baby
Blair > Baby

PASS
:lol A guy who hasn't stepped foot on an NBA court is better than a guy who played significant minutes off the bench for a championship team. Look, I know he'd be overpaid, but you people are losing your minds.

Kamnik
07-06-2009, 08:01 AM
howard was almost never matched up on baby. gortat barely played in that series. and yes, defensively, lewis is one of the weakest 4s in the league.

So basically Big Baby played against Orlando's mascote... I see! :toast

MI21
07-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Davis would be fine off the bench in a 15MPG type role, for a couple of million a year, if there was actually a need for a burly, scoring big man.

If the Spurs think he can start and be a difference maker at MLE price, then they obviously believe they know something about him that we don't. But that doesn't exactly fill me confidence seeing recent FA big man additions such as Rasho, Elson, Butler etc...

MI21
07-06-2009, 08:20 AM
People that expect prime Malik type production from Big Baby if he is signed by the Spurs are mistaken.

Malik was more physical than his size indicated, the opposite of Davis, and played far better defense than Davis as well.

K-State Spur
07-06-2009, 08:31 AM
So basically Big Baby played against Orlando's mascote... I see! :toast

agreed.

phyzik
07-06-2009, 08:33 AM
yeah, its unfair to Bonner. He never cried on national TV during a game.

It doesnt matter who we sign to me, as long as they produce, but I have to say I dont want a fucking cry baby on this team. If KG made him cry, Im sure Pop can do the same.