PDA

View Full Version : Where will Boozer play this season?

Girasuck
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Utah? Most likely not. It looks like there's several teams talking to the Jazz about a deal for Boozer. Right now the two teams talking the most are Detroit and Chicago. Detroit would give up Rip Hamilton for Boozer, while Chicago has talked about trading Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James for Boozer. I'm ok with the Boozer for Rip trade but we'd be damn fools to trade Boozer for Thomas and James. If Chicago threw in Noah or a 1st round pick then I'd pull the trigger.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Pistons-Jazz-still-talking-about-Boozer-for-Hami?urn=nba,174897

Talks continue between the Detroit Pistons and Utah Jazz about a Carlos Boozer-Rip Hamilton trade, according to the News-Herald in Northern Ohio.

Hamilton didn't fit with Allen Iverson this season, and he won't fit with newly acquired Ben Gordon. In fact, Gordon has become Iverson. He has no conscience when taking shots.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=104

Look for the Chicago Bulls to make a strong push for Carlos Boozer. Reports have indicated the Bulls are interested in trading for the Utah Jazz power forward and there is a lot of truth to it. General Manager Gar Forman has already had discussions with the Jazz about sending Boozer to Chicago and talks could heat up even more in the coming weeks. The Bulls are looking to send Tyrus Thomas and most likely Jerome James to the Jazz for Boozer, the problem is the Jazz are talking to several other teams and may wait to find a better deal. Either way, the Bulls will at least make a strong effort at trying to get Boozer in Chicago.

Note to Chicago...Thomas and James for Boozer is NOT a strong effort. Try again.

Muser
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Damn, Detroit going for the PHX look.

So Dumars is trying to get a pitch in on the LeBron 2010 sweepstakes?

balli
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm too lazy to look up the contract numbers on Thomas and James, but I'm assuming one or both are close to expiring? If so, I'd pull the trigger. I just want Boozer gone, best case scenario we get a player and some cash back, but in lieu of that? I just want him gone. Even if it means we get nothing back other than more malcontents with expiring deals.

Rip would be awesome, but isn't he on the hook for like 5 and $70, or whereabouts? If we pick up Rip, I'd bet KOC does all he can to move AK too. We'd take in the pants financially, still, this year and maybe next. We'd be losing two PF's for a SG and some expiring deals, but again, whatever it takes to get Boozer off our roster and out of the locker room.

PBEEZY
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Would you take Manu and Bonner for Boozer?

Never..... Manu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boozer

Girasuck
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm too lazy to look up the contract numbers on Thomas and James, but I'm assuming one or both are close to expiring? If so, I'd pull the trigger. I just want Boozer gone, best case scenario we get a player and some cash back, but in lieu of that? I just want him gone. Even if it means we get nothing back other than more malcontents with expiring deals.

Rip would be awesome, but isn't he on the hook for like 5 and $70, or whereabouts? If we pick up Rip, I'd bet KOC does all he can to move AK too. We'd take in the pants financially, still, this year and maybe next. We'd be losing two PF's for a SG and some expiring deals, but again, whatever it takes to get Boozer off our roster and out of the locker room.

I definitely want Boozer gone as well but I think we can get more out of Chicago than Thomas and James. We'd end up dumping James anyway so it's basically Thomas for Boozer. I hate him sooooo much, but Boozer is a 2 time all-star and one hell of a low post scorer. I just think we should get more for him than just Thomas. If the Bulls threw in a #1 pick or Thomas, James, and Noah then I'd do the deal in a heartbeat.

I believe Rip has 5 years left which wouldn't be too bad. I think he has 4 good years left and then he becomes trade bait that 5th year with the expiring contract. Rip makes slightly less than Boozer this year. Unless the FO wants to pay the luxury tax, there would most likely be another deal to dump salary. Okur's would come off the books next year and Harpring could be retiring this summer. That's 14 million after this year. The FO already said they'll match any offer for Millsap so it looks like we'll be in the luxury tax for at least this year and most likely next year as well.

Mugen
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Would you take Manu and Bonner for Boozer?

haha stop trying lakaluva.

iggypop123
07-06-2009, 09:14 PM
the pistons trade rumored sounds too good to be true. both places benefit

sook
07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
this would address the one thing the jazz have always needed, a SG

Vinnie_Johnson
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I will drive Rip over send us The Boozer on the plane.

Ballin Boy
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I will drive Rip over send us The Boozer on the plane.
shotgun!:lol

jazzypimp
07-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry but Hamilton is 31 years old and will be 36 by the end of his deal which is too high for what he is worth. You wanna be on the books for 12 million or so the next 5 years. No way! If his salary wasn't that high I would say do it. But I would rather have Thomas, even though I can see Sloan ripping him a new butthole and benching him all the time. Thomas doesn't seem like a good Sloan guy from what I can tell, but he does have talent.

The TroutBum
07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't stuff Boozer up my ass if I had room for a freight train. PLEASE, I'd trade him for a sack of rotten foreskins. Just get him the FUCK out of Utah, and out of our locker room!