PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner

Xevious
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Everybody seems so sure that the Spurs are seeking a new starting PF/C. How sure are we that Bonner will not just remain our starting "center". We now have enough prospects to fill our backup spots - most likely Ian and Blair. With the exception of a few games here and there, Pop stood pat with Bonner in the starting lineup even while acknowledging the defensive liability. Also note that we had a good run during the regular season while everybody was healthy.

I'm not defending the guy, but Pop seems to like what he brings to the table. My dream scenerio would be for Fin and Bonner to get traded and us receive a starting big and a backup SF. But it won't surprise me one bit to see Bonner back in rotation this season.

rayray2k8
07-06-2009, 01:35 PM
We were sure when Bonner never came back after the 2nd half of game 5 against the mavs...

Muser
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
:smchode::smchode::smchode::smchode:

z0sa
07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
If Bonner stays here, he's assured minutes early on. His knowledge of the system and his improved defensive rotations will be enough.

benefactor
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
There is no reason to talk about Bonner...unless you are a Thunder fan.

loveforthegame
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd be surprised to see Bonner as the starting center this season. Even if the Spurs were unable to sign a fa or complete a trade I think Blair would beat him out in training camp.

completely deck
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
:vomit:

urunobili
07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Blair will start for the Spurs at the 4 or Haislip will... book it...

DynastySpurs210
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
uh!!! what if we trade Matt Bonner for LeBron James?http://dascoop.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bron-bron2.jpg

DPG21920
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Don't worry. The Spurs won a championship with Oberto starting and Rasho because they had Tim to make up for their defense.

Same can be said about Bonner. He is a good defender because Tim is a great defender. Even though he gets shot over and does not keep people from getting to their spots in the low post, Tim will be there. That is why it does not matter if we have Bonner, Big Baby, Ian or whomever starting. They are all automatically good defenders!!!!!!!!!!!

Duncan2177
07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Everybody seems so sure that the Spurs are seeking a new starting PF/C. How sure are we that Bonner will not just remain our starting "center". We now have enough prospects to fill our backup spots - most likely Ian and Blair. With the exception of a few games here and there, Pop stood pat with Bonner in the starting lineup even while acknowledging the defensive liability. Also note that we had a good run during the regular season while everybody was healthy.

I'm not defending the guy, but Pop seems to like what he brings to the table. My dream scenerio would be for Fin and Bonner to get traded and us receive a starting big and a backup SF. But it won't surprise me one bit to see Bonner back in rotation this season.

Bonner sucks

DBMethos
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Bonner doesn't suck, but he's certainly not starting material nor someone who should be relied on for key contributions in the playoffs.

nkdlunch
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Bonner could be a decent role player.... in Euroleague!

mudyez
07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I have no problem with Bonner as our starting center...If Zaza wants to come from the bench so be it ;)

easy7
07-06-2009, 02:28 PM
:pctoss:hang:pimpslap

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Matt Bonner is a great 1 on 1 post defender, he could be an asset with a guy like Chris Kaman behind him..he's probably the best 3-point shooting big man in the league..he has balls of steel in clutch time..he's a very good rebounder, and he would have a lot more if he played inside..

this is my analysis of Matt Bonner for Mike Dunleavy, in case he's reading this forum and wants a trade for Camby..

DBMethos
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Matt Bonner is a great 1 on 1 post defender, he could be an asset with a guy like Chris Kaman behind him..he's probably the best 3-point shooting big man in the league..he has balls of steel in clutch time..he's a very good rebounder, and he would have a lot more if he played inside..

this is my analysis of Matt Bonner for Mike Dunleavy, in case he's reading this forum and wants a trade for Camby..

LOL, wondered where you were going with that. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I need a drink.

ducks
07-06-2009, 02:45 PM
pour it yourself you lazy sob

Marcus Bryant
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
pour it yourself you lazy sob

SonOfAGun
07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't worry. The Spurs won a championship with Oberto starting and Rasho because they had Tim to make up for their defense.

Those days are over. Duncan is no longer Duncan even though he is still Tim Duncan.

This NBA is different. There is more than just one good team in the league.

Xevious
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Blair will start for the Spurs at the 4 or Haislip will... book it...
You sure about that? They'll really have to impress Pop. Remember he pulled Hill out of rotation just before the playoffs began.

Those days are over. Duncan is no longer Duncan even though he is still Tim Duncan.

This NBA is different. There is more than just one good team in the league
And Bonner is tasked with defending deep shooting big men like Nowitzki, Lewis, etc. Most of these guys can easily beat him off the dribble too. I would really have no problem with Bonner playing garbage minutes in certain situations if his percentage didn't go down the tubes, but he isn't a starter.

But like I said, it wouldn't surprise me to have him starting again next season.

ElNono
07-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I need a drink.

Make that two.

timvp
07-06-2009, 04:20 PM
From wishing for Rasheed to rationalizing Bonner in less than 24 hours.

ElNono
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
From wishing for Rasheed to rationalizing Bonner in less than 24 hours.

Next up, begging Big Baby to sign for 4 years...

DPG21920
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I was joking by the way. Tongue in cheek style posting.