PDA

View Full Version : Lakers re-sign Brown

Spurs Brazil
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av84Mud3qBBWoL_I831GyIe8vLYF?slug=aw-brownlakers070609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Lakers re-sign Brown
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 10 minutes ago

Los Angeles Lakers free-agent guard Shannon Brown(notes) has committed to re-sign with the team, a league source said on Monday. He will receive a two-year, $4.2 million contract with the second season at his option.

The Lakers were Brown’s fourth team in three years in the NBA. The Charlotte Bobcats traded him with Adam Morrison(notes) to the Lakers for Vladimir Radmanovic(notes) midway through the season.

Brown played sparingly until late in the season, but was a valuable contributor off the bench early in the playoffs.

Free agents can’t officially sign with teams until Wednesday.

DeadlyDynasty
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes!!!!!! now start him Phil! All we need now is Lamar to re-sign and we're golden

kamikazi_player
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
good sign by the lakers, but too much players asking for minutes.

Kobe™
07-06-2009, 08:44 PM
:) .

BlackSwordsMan
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
lakers trying to counter the haislip signing

KSeal
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Very happy to see this, the kid showed way too much potential last year not to bring him back. Now just resign Lamar and we're ready to go.

BlackBellamy
07-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Aww, I thought you meant Kwame. :lol

redzero
07-06-2009, 09:03 PM
That boy's good!

BlackBellamy
07-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes!!!!!! now start him Phil! All we need now is Lamar to re-sign and we're golden

Nah, man. You guys will let Lamar go to the Rockets and then pick up Scola. We know how things work in Lakerland, we're on to you.

iggypop123
07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Shanwow is back

scottspurs
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Brown played well for the Lakers with limited action. He should make them that much better.

Allanon
07-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Shannon Brown is the next Trevor Ariza for the Lakers...golden find out of nowhere.

Culburn369
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I just hope he doesn't go to Hell in a handbasket after getting his money.

baseline bum
07-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I gotta give Buss a lot of props for spending to keep that team together while upgrading on the one guy he lost. He's going to be paying some enormous luxury tax though; the payroll will be about $93 million (with about $18.5 million luxury tax on top of that) assuming Odom lands a deal around $8 million starting. Then again, the market has dried up fast and it wouldn't shock me to see them get him for around $6.5-7M starting.

IronMexican
07-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Buss is the best owner in the NBA. No one thought he would pay this much money to keep everyone, but he knows he is getting all this money back if LA repeats.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Brown is legit. Great resign.

Culburn369
07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
"Buss is the best owner in the NBA."

And his most defining moment in the last 5 years? Never pushed the panic button when Kobe blistered his ass. He never took it personal. He just stood there, and let Kobe throw up all over him. He never ran to Media, to his favorite writer to launch a retalitory strike. Nope. Self restraint. He just soldiered on and did his work painstakingly so that when it started moving the other way he could seize the moment. Like Fish did the last two years when it was shit and everybody was doubting him. He never gave in to the doubt so that when Jackson called his number in that timeout he seized the moment. He was ready. He'd continued to do the work painstakinly as Kobe reminded him in the immediate aftermath...."All that hard work. All that hard work."

I God's, it's so beautiful.

ginobili's bald spot
07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Now we just need Phil to give him some consistent playing time.

KSeal
07-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I gotta give Buss a lot of props for spending to keep that team together while upgrading on the one guy he lost. He's going to be paying some enormous luxury tax though; the payroll will be about $93 million (with about $18.5 million luxury tax on top of that) assuming Odom lands a deal around $8 million starting. Then again, the market has dried up fast and it wouldn't shock me to see them get him for around $6.5-7M starting.

Keep in mind the Lakers traded all their picks, which they didn't really need anyways, for 4.5 million so if you think of it that way as basically free money to go towards their luxary tax then it'll really be 14 million in luxury tax and then if the Lakers can swing a deal at the deadline to trade Morrison with 3 million in cash while already having paid about 3 million of his salary then a team basically gets a free 1 million bucks while his contract then just goes away after that year and the Laker would then save about 4 million by escaping the luxary tax on him, and if the Lakers trade Farmar they could also save about four million and two off the luxary tax. So there are some ways to trim that amount down so when it's all said and done the Lakers may only be paying 9 million in luxary tax, but still, however that plays out, even best case scenario Buss is going to be paying a huge payroll and I give him mad props for that.

VivaPopovich
07-06-2009, 10:55 PM
good move by the Lakers, they just picked up one of the youngest players with massive potential at a discounted price

Medvedenko
07-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Happy to see SB back in the fold.

JustBlaze
07-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Fuck Chris Brown!