PDA

View Full Version : Rasho's FT shooting

sickdsm
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
SI just highlighed his woes this week. He leads the league BY FAR in terms of getting to the FT line and also makes (players with over 1000 minutes played)

He averages nearly one hour per free-throw attempt.

Its no coincedence he's a product of the Flip regime.

Solid D
04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Bad form. His left (guide) hand does too much. He's been shooting them lately by taking his left hand away until the last second...but sometimes he cheats and puts it back to the ball when he's about to release.

T Park
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
So what.

Block shots, rebound, make a couple jumpers, play good team D.

Rasho does what he was brought here for. Lately hes been showing agression, and I like that hes shooting 7, 8 ,10 times a game.

I hope he keeps that agression when Duncan returns.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-05-2005, 12:03 AM
So what.

Block shots, rebound, make a couple jumpers, play good team D.

Rasho does what he was brought here for. Lately hes been showing agression, and I like that hes shooting 7, 8 ,10 times a game.

I hope he keeps that agression when Duncan returns.
Don't count on it, he tends to try a little less when Duncan plays, its like he thinks Duncan is SO good, he can do it by himself. Its a shame really, 'cause Rasho could be a GREAT offensive threat; he already is a defensive asset, he just doesn't take enough chances on the offensive side, at least not when Tim is in.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:17 AM
I disagree with that Ginobili, the guy is a good offensive player, his jump shot was probobly second on the list behind good defensively on the list of reasons to pick him up.

When he wants to, and when given the shots, he can put up 8 to 10 a night.

But if he just hands off to Duncan and bows to him like a god, then no thats when he has 2 point 6 rebound 2 turnover games.

WHen he plays like he did VS LA WITH Duncan, is when the Spurs are extremely tough.

timvp
04-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Rasho offensively is right up there with the softest players in the history of the NBA. He's been making it up on the other end of the court, so I've let it slide.

But would it hurt to make an aggressive move with the ball more than once a week?

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:20 AM
But would it hurt to make an aggressive move with the ball more than once a week?

Like the road game in Miami where he shot 10 times, and got ripped up for doing that?

The guy is damned if he does damned if he doesnt on offense.

But I agree, his layups around the rip are maddening.

timvp
04-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Against Miami, those were mostly jumpers. I'm talking a move toward the basket that doesn't involve a Fairy Flip at the end.

But at this point, there's more chance of Glenn Robinson starting in place of Bruce Bowen than Rasho going to the line once per game.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, hes also not gifted ball handling wise soooooo.

But hes a bad free throw shooter, why want him at the line????

Thats what doesn't make sense.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2005, 01:29 AM
But hes a bad free throw shooter, why want him at the line????

Thats what doesn't make sense.

You get opponents in foul trouble. And even one point at the line is better than no points from a missed field goal.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Well that may be,

but Ill say once again,

it aint happenin anytime soon, so I dont understand why poster after poster,

(not you Kori and TIMVP)

Continue to bring it up.

Like Buck Harvey said, he is what he is, lets move on already.

timvp
04-05-2005, 03:05 AM
He isn't the scorer he used to be with the T'Wolves. So "he is what he is" should actually be "he isn't what he used to be but hopefully it's good enough".

mookie2001
04-05-2005, 03:20 AM
scoffing rasho is the traditionally accepted post robinson discussion
he's the worst starter but when he does his job the spurs win
when he doesnt the spurs still can win

Solid D
04-05-2005, 07:38 AM
He played well versus the Lakers when the Spurs needed him. The baseline lean-in dunk was new. Most of the dunks I've seen him do are from right under the basket.

(I know this started out being about Rasho's FT shooting but we drift sometimes)

SLOVENIAN 8
04-05-2005, 07:59 AM
The baseline lean-in dunk was new.

Yep cool dunk from Rasho i would like to se more powerfoul dunk. :smokin

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Rasho does not want to get fouled and for good reason. He has zero confidence in his FT shooting so he shys away from contact when he has the ball. Instead of waiting for contact, and going strong for a dunk, he throws up the hook,(almost impossible to get fouled) or a quick layup. This is smart on his part, because if he tries to go strong, he will get fouled and he will miss over half his attempts, thus hurting the Spurs.

Most players who use the hook shot hardly ever get fouled.

Case in point. When Kareem was younger, he used to go strong to the basket and get to the line at least 10 times a game, but in his last half of his career, he always relied on the sky hook and his FT attempts were less than half of what they were.

It is the nature of Rasho's offense that leads to his lack of FTs.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Rasho's Circle of Life

He has zero confidence in his FT shooting.

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Rasho's Circle of Life

Solid, stop riding my nuts!!!

Bring you own takes, for God sake.

:lol

Solid D
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey, I posted first in this thread. :lol

waly.mg
04-05-2005, 09:42 AM
If Rasho doesn´t go to the Line, there are another Big trouble, because he doés´t get fouls of the opposed Center, so the Center and the P-F have 12 fouls to TD, and +-12 more in the Bench

So sometimes we need Nazr, because he can take some fouls in the post, to guys like Shaq

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Hey, I posted first in this thread. :lol

Oh, well carry on then.

:)