PDA

View Full Version : Portland wants Odom?

Mugen
07-07-2009, 04:08 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15920813?source=rss_blogs_NBA

i take LO over David Lee anyday of the week even at his age.

probably the only team that the lakers dont want pursuing odom since they both have a need and capspace for odom.

sonic21
07-07-2009, 04:14 AM
they need a PG and a decent starting C first

Chieflion
07-07-2009, 04:21 AM
they need a PG and a decent starting C first
They only need a good PG (Ramon Sessions) that can create for the rest of the scorers except for Roy and Aldridge. Their starting C, either Oden or Pryzbilla is better than most Cs in the league. Oden is going to improve next season.

KSeal
07-07-2009, 04:28 AM
I've had the biggest fear for the last three days now that I'll wake up in the morning to the news the Blazers gave Lamar a crazy like 5 year 45 million dollar deal or something, I can just feel it coming. The only sense it makes to me for Portland to throw a ton of money at Lamar is to weaken the Lakers, I don't think Lamar actually fits in with them or their needs at all. But weakening the Lakers obviously helps them immensely so we'll have to see how this plays out, the wait is killing me.

timtonymanu
07-07-2009, 04:47 AM
They need a PG. They already have a good frontcourt.

Lars
07-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Portland has no idea what they want. All they want is to try and make a splash.

KSeal
07-07-2009, 04:51 AM
They need a PG. They already have a good frontcourt.

You're right but apparently they don't agree. Every single FA they've been rumored to be going after or have gone after this off season has either been a SF or a big. There has not been one word about them actually going after a PG, it's astonishing, are they really that clueless to what they need?

Danny.Zhu
07-07-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't think they need to sign anyone. They have got enough talents and just need to keep all the players and keep growing.

SenorSpur
07-07-2009, 10:28 AM
There doesn't seem to be any method to Portland's madness. They seem to only want to make moves for the purpose of making moves.

lil_penny
07-07-2009, 10:43 AM
We need a good pg right now, I don't know why we are going after all these sf's/pf's first.

pawe
07-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Why are laker fans so worried about the team's finances, they're like the Yankees, they can buy talent no matter how much they cost.

-NBA should do it like the NFL and put hard salary cap to even out the playing field.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
^agreed about making a hard salary cap

And Portland has an affinity for signing players just to cock block other team. That's the case here.

Culburn369
07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
NBA should do it like the NFL and put hard salary cap to even out the playing field.

The Portlands, Sacramentos, Denvers, & the other humps wouldn't rest until they squandered that opportunity. What the Hell you bitchin' about anyway?...we throw a bone every now & again to ya. You always catch it.

pawe
07-07-2009, 11:17 AM
The Portlands, Sacramentos, Denvers, & the other humps wouldn't rest until they squandered that opportunity. What the Hell you bitchin' about anyway?...we throw a bone every now & again to ya. You always catch it.

15 yo laker fan doesnt get it

MiamiHeat
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
lol

pad300
07-07-2009, 11:37 AM
They need a PG. They already have a good frontcourt

You're right but apparently they don't agree. Every single FA they've been rumored to be going after or have gone after this off season has either been a SF or a big. There has not been one word about them actually going after a PG, it's astonishing, are they really that clueless to what they need?

I suspect they aren't clueless, rather they are looking at what the Lakers have done. The Laker's PGs suck pretty hard. The Blazers are better at that spot currently. Who won the LOB this year?

The Lakers model is offense runs through a wing (Kobe) 75% of the time, with extra ball handling coming from either a very skilled big/SF (Odom & Pau). The Blazers look at lot like that already, with Roy in the Kobe role. They don't have the frontcourt player with handles. Look at who they have tried to recruit - Hedo Turkoglu; a frontcourt player with handles.

The Blazers went after Turk first because they thought he'd be a better fit as a 3, especially as they already have a good 4. I personally think this was an error - I would have gone after Odom from the start as a) it would hurt the Lakers a lot b) people underestimate him as an SF c) he's much better defensively than Turk.

tomtom
07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
We need a good pg right now, I don't know why we are going after all these sf's/pf's first.

Exactly I don't understand why they didn't make a harder push for Hinrich or even Miller

pawe
07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Because portland doesnt need a good pg. They have Oden who can score on the paint, Aldridge is a good shooter and Roy can make his own shots. I agree with the poster who said they are trying to emulate the Lakers by having a point forward to start the offense.

z0sa
07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Odom on the Blazers would make me a lot more scared of them. Guy can dominate the ball like he wants while still having another high talent wing and big on the floor, sorta like the opposite of his role in LA. Roy demands similar shots but doesn't need the ball as often as Kobe does.

pawe
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Plus Odom and Roy are arguably the most difficult players to guard in the whole league..that will make them a lot more scarier. Spurs doesnt have anyone to have those guys in check.

crc21209
07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Come on Odom take the bait and go to Portland!

Odom & Ariza from last season > Artest alone this season.

Get it done Portland! :tu

DPG21920
07-07-2009, 12:47 PM
What Portland wants, Portland gets {see Hedo, T.}

Mugen
07-07-2009, 12:47 PM
if any team wanted to screw over the lakers, it would be portland.

i agree that they need a pg but the addition of odom would make them an even more versatile team, and pretty scary.

even more insurance for oden and aldridge didnt exactly light up the league during the playoffs last year.

iggypop123
07-07-2009, 01:03 PM
it would be stupid to enter the season with blake as a starter. the problem with the blazers is they are over valuing their talent. they feel since they are young they get better and we have nothing to do. wrong. trade those pieces and get a proven vet aka miller

Brazil
07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Potrland also needs experience and Odom has experience ! Go for it Portland and I would jump on the wagon after the spurs of course

cdcast
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
If Blazers sign Odom. They can then trade some of their young players in a sign-and-trade for Miller or go after another PG.

Dunc n Dave
07-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I suspect Portland feels they can get a good PG through trades. If they sign Odom, they have plenty of front court wings to trade (Outlaw, Webster, Batum, Fernandex, etc.) that all still have potential and are shooters (Webster and Fernandez, at least) and would interest a team looking for an athlete. A sign & trade for Andre Miller for example?