PDA

View Full Version : trade target : Samuel Dalambert

venitian navigator
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Looks like Phila is desperately trying to sell him.
I know the contract is big but is only for two years, works for a package of Bonner + Mason + Finley, can maybe give us in return a first choice as a compensation for taking back that bad contract.
After all, Dalambert give us thinghs that we actually need (he's an athlete that run and is fairly good at rebounding and shot blocking) and, if it's true that he's perceived like a player with not a great basketball I.Q. and with a weird/too much ego personality, maybe this could change in our system with Pop and, expecially, with Paker and Mahinimi...after all Dalembert is an Haiti native, so he can speack french with them and have a better understanding of the game...

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Worst case scenario. If McDyess signs with Detroit, and if Clippers are rejecting our offers for Camby. I'd consider this. I remember Pop praising Dalembert's defensive presence two years ago. Dalembert also hasn't missed a game the past 3 years. He's a good shotblocker/ rebounder, who is anything but a volume shooter, as most of his points comes from put backs off rebounds and being the recipient of a pass off of penetration. Strong finisher around the rim too.

His salary per year is pretty bad, but for 2 years it isn't all that bad. I wouldn't consider this at all if he had more than 3 years on his contract, but he doesn't. I rather have this guy than big baby/ Bass/ Zaza for the MLE.

tp2021
07-07-2009, 01:46 PM
How much is Marcus Williams' contract? I would not want to part with Mason. This team still needs shooters on the perimeter.

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
How much is Marcus Williams' contract? I would not want to part with Mason. This team still needs shooters on the perimeter.

That's the thing we'd have to offer Finley/ Mason/ Bonner. Therefore I would not make this move. If there was anyway we wouldn't have to include any of our Big 4 (obviously) or both Finley or Mason I would consider it. Maybe a 3 team trade could be possible where only one of Finley/ Mason would be leaving with Bonner and Marcus Williams?

tp2021
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Found what I was looking for:

With Finley + Bonner + Marcus Williams, Spurs can get a player paid $8.3M.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
The realgm trade checker says Finley/Bonner/Mason is not enough to get Dalembert. You'd have to add Hill and Williams.

So, um, yeah no.

venitian navigator
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
The realgm trade checker says Finley/Bonner/Mason is not enough to get Dalembert. You'd have to add Hill and Williams.

So, um, yeah no.

I used the espn trade machine and the trade works...

benefactor
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Collison and Foster are both more logical options for us right now.

benefactor
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I agree, but I doubt anything will happen for a while.
Yeah...I feel the same way. If we sign McDyess we will likely go with what we have in he and Duncan as the starters with a combination of youngsters off the bench. If we get close to the ASB and it is looking like there are still inconsistencies on the front line then I expect some sort of move for another veteran big to be made.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
If we can sign McDyess I'm very comfortable going with what we have. The Spurs would be able to assess everything during the season and still have the expiring contracts to use by the deadline. :tu

Mr Bones
07-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Three years ago I thought Dalembert could be the next Mutombo, but each year since he has come up short. If his salary was 7 million I'd say take the chance, but at 13 there's just no way the Spurs could afford to put anyone else on the court. That's more than double the maximum the Spurs can offer McDyess, and even that will put them far into the luxury tax if it happens.

Chieflion
07-08-2009, 06:46 AM
No. Dalembert has a trade kicker which raises his salary if he gets traded.