PDA

View Full Version : Ufl?

I. Hustle
07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Ok so more than likely we aren't going to be getting an NFL team any time soon bbbbuuuuuutttttttt could we get a UFL team? This is like the beginning of an NBDL type of team and from I hear the players only make about 36k a season or 6k a game. I think this would be good for SA and would help build a fanbase for a future team. Hey if it does turn into a developmental league for the NFL maybe we could be the farm team for the Cowboys and Jerry Jones would throw some money this way.
I'd go to something like that. I could see the tickets being cheap and the beer flowing freely.

bresilhac
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok so more than likely we aren't going to be getting an NFL team any time soon bbbbuuuuuutttttttt could we get a UFL team? This is like the beginning of an NBDL type of team and from I hear the players only make about 36k a season or 6k a game. I think this would be good for SA and would help build a fanbase for a future team. Hey if it does turn into a developmental league for the NFL maybe we could be the farm team for the Cowboys and Jerry Jones would throw some money this way.
I'd go to something like that. I could see the tickets being cheap and the beer flowing freely.

It's a terrible idea and one that is doomed to fail just like all the other pretend football leagues that have come San Antonio's way. We've already got minor league hockey and baseball teams so why another one? We need NFL football here and nothing less will suffice. And I don't want Jerry Jones tied up with San Antonio any more than he already is. Take it from someone who has lived in an NFL city, Northern Virginia, there is no substitute for the real item. Beer or no beer.

fyatuk
07-07-2009, 12:57 PM

San Antonio has been a market the UFL has been very interested in from the beginning, but no prospective owner has stepped to the plate.

Most players will make just shy of 6k a game. Starting QBs will make about 10k a game, and there's apparently going to be a 2.5k playing time bonus that can be earned.

They have good quality coaches (Green, Haslett, Fassel, and Cottrell). The primary markets for this year are San Francisco, Orlando, Las Vegas, and New York, but some games will be played in Los Angeles, Hartford, and maybe another market. They should be announcing a lot this month.

There will likely be full teams in LA, Hartford, Salt Lake, and Monterrey next year with teams in Europe following soon after.

If you're interested, check out UFLA (http://www.uflaccess.com). A lot of news gets posted there in both the news posts and the forums.

samikeyp
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
SA may do well but if the league folds...doesn't help us at all.