PDA

View Full Version : how do you throw down

tonylongoriafan
07-07-2009, 09:49 AM
bbq-wise?

looking for some new ideas...done the steak, brisket, fajitas, pork loins, kabobs, bacon-wrapped everything, wings, veggies, etc., etc.

i was thinking grilled pizza or something new...any thoughts, ideas?

Summers
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I never wander far from the old stand-bys, but you could try a tuna.

Summers
07-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh, and I assume you've done grilled peppers. I make my brother make them whenever we have a cookout.

JoeChalupa
07-07-2009, 09:53 AM
salmon? Looks like you've grilled about everything.

Melmart1
07-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Grilled fruit desserts are delicious.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-07-2009, 09:59 AM
grilled peaches with gorgonzola or bleu cheese......mmmmmmmmm........
don't go "ewwwww" until you've tried it.

Bigzax
07-07-2009, 10:07 AM
beef poorboy plus, extra lean, 4 piece chicken tenders...hash browns...large sweet tea.

Summers
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
human flesh

The other white meat.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
human flesh
with or without hair?

ididnotnothat
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I like grilled feta cheese with chopped tomato and sweet peppers. Good stuff.

arial
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Buy a 6 pack of budlight use, one large onion and some bratwurst.

Pour 2-3 beers in a large pot and some onion peels. Cook on the stove until the bratwurst becomes grey. Throw them on the grill until the outside of the bratwurst looks really cooked and a little burnt on the outside. Don't worry this is supposed to happen. Then eat them with a hot dog bun or themsef. These are always a hit at my BBQs.

CosmicCowboy
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
bbq-wise?

looking for some new ideas...done the steak, brisket, fajitas, pork loins, kabobs, bacon-wrapped everything, wings, veggies, etc., etc.

i was thinking grilled pizza or something new...any thoughts, ideas?

Grilled pizzas are easy and fun.

Go to the nursery or home depot and buy the 8" red clay saucers for setting flower pots in...I keep about 10 in my outdoor cooking stash.

Coat them in olive oil and heat them on the grill...do this several times to "season" them.

Make your pizza dough...I use one of the box mixes and it works fine...

smash the dough out thinly in your clay saucers...

have all your ingredients in bowl and let everyone make their own pizza, then throw them on the grill at about 350 till the dough starts to get crisp on the edges and the fillings are melted/done.

tlongII
07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
milf's love bbq's!

mrsmaalox
07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm not huge seafood fan, but salmon, shrimp and lobster tails are great grilled.

JudynTX
07-07-2009, 11:59 AM
hot dogs

z0sa
07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
hot dogs

:lol

i think you've covered everything, then.

CosmicCowboy
07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
OK, I'll give out another cosmiccowboy secret recipe for jerked pork sandwiches...

I will start with about 10 pounds of pork shoulder and cook it in two chunks to help it cook a little faster. I wil cross slash the pieces about and inch deep to hold the rub better. Rub with worstershire and then coat with dry rub of your choice. Bolners pork rub works fine.

Smoke for about 6 hours at 225 and then wrap them in foil. Keep cooking at 225 till internal temp is 195. Pull them off, leave them wrapped, and let them rest till they are cool enough to handle comfortably.

Take two table forks and "jerk" the pork, throwing away any fat, gristle, bone etc. You just want clean shredded meat. Put this in a big ceramic bowl.

While the meat is smoking mix in a large saucepan on the stove:

24 oz pineapple juice
24 oz mango juice
5 oz bottle of Pickapeppa sauce
5 oz cider vinegar
cayenne pepper to taste....try 1/2 tablespooon to start

simmer all this together and reduce 1/3

pour over the shredded pork, mix, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

To serve, rub hamburger buns with olive oil and toast on the grill. Put the heated jerked pork on the bun and top with coleslaw.

everyone raves about them.

I shrink wrap dinner sized portions and freeze them for quick great weeknight meals.

CosmicCowboy
07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
hmmm double post.

JudynTX
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
:lol

i think you've covered everything, then.

There's a technique to cook hot dogs so you don't burn them. Just trying to help a kid out. :lol

CosmicCowboy
07-07-2009, 12:21 PM
hmmm another cosmic cowboy secret recipe if you really want to show off...

Get a big pork loin (one of those about 6" in diameter and 2 1/2 feel long)

cut in half. butterfly (make two offset cuts from opposite side so you can lay it out in a big square approximately 2" thick)

Buy 2 packs of HEB boudan. (in the refrigerated sausage section) cut the skins off and crumble 2 links over each loin piece.

Then, cover the boudan solid with thin slices of queso fresco cheese.

Roll the loins back up like a big joint and tie with cotton twine. Bring it around, tie a knot, then keep circling the loin with the string while looping it behind itself till you get the whole loin roast tied tightly and then knot it off at the other end. This is easier with two people the first time but I can do them by myself.

coat with italian dressing and the dry rub of your choice till the surface is gooey and put on the smoker. cook to 150 internal and pull off and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before cutting the strings off and slicing.

totally awesome.

CuckingFunt
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
The pizza idea is a good one.

Halibut is awesome grilled.

Several fruits grill well, as already mentioned. Also you say you've tried veggies, but asparagus is especially good on the grill if you haven't already given that one a shot.

You can roast garlic, too. The cloves become soft and spreadable and yummy.

Taco
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.buttermilkpress.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/throwdown_bobby_flay.jpg

Po'Boy
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
OK, I'll give out another cosmiccowboy secret recipe for jerked pork sandwiches...

I will start with about 10 pounds of pork shoulder and cook it in two chunks to help it cook a little faster. I wil cross slash the pieces about and inch deep to hold the rub better. Rub with worstershire and then coat with dry rub of your choice. Bolners pork rub works fine.

Smoke for about 6 hours at 225 and then wrap them in foil. Keep cooking at 225 till internal temp is 195. Pull them off, leave them wrapped, and let them rest till they are cool enough to handle comfortably.

Take two table forks and "jerk" the pork, throwing away any fat, gristle, bone etc. You just want clean shredded meat. Put this in a big ceramic bowl.

While the meat is smoking mix in a large saucepan on the stove:

24 oz pineapple juice
24 oz mango juice
5 oz bottle of Pickapeppa sauce
5 oz cider vinegar
cayenne pepper to taste....try 1/2 tablespooon to start

simmer all this together and reduce 1/3

pour over the shredded pork, mix, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

To serve, rub hamburger buns with olive oil and toast on the grill. Put the heated jerked pork on the bun and top with coleslaw.

everyone raves about them.

I shrink wrap dinner sized portions and freeze them for quick great weeknight meals.

Thanks for the recipe. :tu

tonylongoriafan
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
just remembered my bbq from fathers day...did some fryers and a turkey breast, the fryers were good but chicken is chicken...that turkey breast was on point...damn i want to do it again right now...it only took about 2 hours but not every grocery store sells the boneless turkey breast roast...it's like a crapshoot...anyone know availability.

before
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs090.snc1/5094_102401936361_553836361_2465924_2035420_s.jpg

after
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs110.snc1/5094_102429186361_553836361_2466397_6856586_s.jpg