PDA

View Full Version : Homeless

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I just had to write this as I heard the statistic. I don't even remember the number but the tag was "homeless sometime during the year"

OK. Does that include those who were moving, and lived in a motel or hotel for a day or more? By the wording, and standard journalist practices, I can safely assume it does!

Winehole23
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
That was safely pulled out of your ass, yes.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-07-2009, 02:16 PM
i'm normally homeless 8 to 5 mon-fri. and technically i've been homeless since i was 17. i've lived in an apartment ever since.

sam1617
07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Home is where you hang your hat. I've been buying hats and hanging them everywhere across the world, just so that I'm never homeless.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
That was safely pulled out of your ass, yes.
Aren't opinions usually that? If that's what you want to call it, then yes. I also clearly pointed it oit as opinion with the word "assume."

What's your point?

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Why don't you look up the definition of homelessness by those who report homelessness? Then you wouldn't be ignorant.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Why don't you look up the definition of homelessness by those who report homelessness? Then you wouldn't be ignorant.
Place some light on my ignorance please.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Place some light on my ignorance please.I just did.

It's up to you do do something about it.

Will you do something about your own ignorance?

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I just did.

It's up to you do do something about it.

Will you do something about your own ignorance?
I'm not wasting my time over it. I presented an opinion. If you wish to show I'm wrong, the do so, or shut the fuck up.

Winehole23
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
If you wish to show you're right, you're free to do that too.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:02 PM
If you wish to show you're right, you're free to do that too.
I don't care if I am wrong. It's a formed opinion based on the available facts, and I know I could be wrong. I'm not devoting that much time to it. I already spent more time on the computer than I wanted to today. Unlike Chump, I have better things to do.

I will keep my opinion unless someone wishes to show me otherwise. The fact he hasn't linked the definition tells me he's talking out his ass.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not wasting my time over it. I presented an opinion. If you wish to show I'm wrong, the do so, or shut the fuck up.:lol

It took me a few seconds to google the definition; it was literally the first hit.

You would rather waste your time defending your ignorance than spend ten seconds eliminating it.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't care if I am wrong. It's a formed opinion based on the available factsWhat facts were those?

Oh, Gee!!
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I've noticed a familiar pattern in WC's posts: post an opinion as fact, get called out by other posters to support said opinion, followed by a challenge by WC to the other posters to disprove said opinion, followed by a statement by WC that finding supporting evidence is a waste of his time.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
What facts were those?

Produce your evidence or shut up. It is my opinion. That doesn't matter if I source it. Besides, I stated what my opinion was based on already.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
I've noticed a familiar pattern in WC's posts: post an opinion as fact, get called out by other posters to support said opinion, followed by a challenge by WC to the other posters to disprove said opinion, followed by a statement by WC that finding supporting evidence is a waste of his time.
You fucking idiot.

I never claimed it was fact. I have clearly stated it as opinion.

Why am I wasting my time with morons... Where did that IGNORE button go...

Winehole23
07-07-2009, 03:09 PM
You said it was based on available facts. If the facts are handy, why not share them?

Oh, Gee!!
07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I have clearly stated it as opinion.

I just had to write this as I heard the statistic. I don't even remember the number but the tag was "homeless sometime during the year"

OK. Does that include those who were moving, and lived in a motel or hotel for a day or more? By the wording, and standard journalist practices, I can safely assume it does!

Winehole23
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh, I forgot: you don't care if you're wrong. You just threw some stuff on the wall, and it's up to us to determine the truth or falsity of your opinion.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Produce your evidence or shut up. It is my opinion. That doesn't matter if I source it. Besides, I stated what my opinion was based on already.You said it was based on facts.

What facts?

I based my claim of your complete ignorance on this subject by the available facts, specifically your admission you just made it up.

What facts did you use to make up your definition of homelessness?

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
You said it was based on available facts. If the facts are handy, why not share them?

My God man. The fact of the wording. The fact of the way media hype works. The fact that people don't always have a residence address between addresses.

Did I ever claim the quality of facts?

You guys are pissing me off by reading way too much into what I said.

WH... I understand ChumpMonkey and O-Jizz wanting to piss me of, but et tu WH?

Wasn't my opinion simple enough? I shouldn't have to defend it outside of any evidence of the contrary, and then, I might change my opinion.

Maybe they know that, and want to still claim I never change my mind?

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
what a waste of time!
http://www.hud.gov/homeless/definition.cfm

§11302. General definition of homeless individual
(a) In general
For purposes of this chapter, the term “homeless” or “homeless individual or homeless person” includes—

1. an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence; and

2. an individual who has a primary nighttime residence that is —

1. a supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations (including welfare hotels, congregate shelters, and transitional housing for the mentally ill);

2. an institution that provides a temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized; or

3. a public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.

(b) Income eligibility

In general
A homeless individual shall be eligible for assistance under any program provided by this chapter, only if the individual complies with the income eligibility requirements otherwise applicable to such program.

Exception
Notwithstanding paragraph (1), a homeless individual shall be eligible for assistance under title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 [29 U.S.C. 2801 et seq.].

(c) Exclusion

For purposes of this chapter, the term “homeless” or “homeless individual” does not include any individual imprisoned or otherwise detained pursuant to an Act of the Congress or a State law.First hit when one googles "homeless definition."

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
My God man. The fact of the wording.What wording?

Winehole23
07-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Wasn't my opinion simple enough? I shouldn't have to defend it outside of any evidence of the contrary, and then, I might change my opinion.You could have saved yourself the trouble if you looked it up yourself.
You've already spent much more time responding to posters than that would have taken.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
OK, 4CC came up with a HUD definition. Maybe I'll hear the newsflash again, and who the report was by. That still doesn't mean they used the HUD definition. The government has a clear definition of "subsidy" that I looked up before, but even government reports fail to use the word as defined.

I am, however, in belief that my initial assessment may be wrong.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
You could have saved yourself the trouble if you looked it up yourself.
You've already spent much more time responding to posters than that would have taken.
No shit. I was thinking the same thing.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Wasn't my opinion simple enough?Oh, your opinion was simple.

Definitely.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2009, 03:22 PM
No shit. I was thinking the same thing.I think it may have been my wording when I said this.

:lol

It took me a few seconds to google the definition; it was literally the first hit.

You would rather waste your time defending your ignorance than spend ten seconds eliminating it.