PDA

View Full Version : Draft Express Rankings of NBA Rights Held

SpursChampsIII
07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Just browsing and found this link:

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/NBA-Rights-Held

The list has Splitter at #2 behind Josh Childress, while Gist is #20, and Javtokas is #27.

I would really hate to see us go the Scola route with Splitter--he is tall (7'0) and young (24) and has a tremendous upside. DraftExpress says he is best case P.J. Brown, and worst case Jeff Foster. That doesn't make him Tim Duncan, but a player in that range can definitely help.

I'm all for McDyess, but how does this effect us signing Splitter for 2010? However, if we were to be able to buy him out this year and pay the rookie salary, AND we sign McDyess....

:flag: :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

P.S. It's interesting to see that Splitter's wingspan is 7'2. If Blair's wingspan is 7'3, I don't see how he has ever fallen down a day in his life.

scottspurs
07-07-2009, 05:08 PM
i don't think Mcdyess would put signing Splitter in danger. Singing a center like Rasho, ZaZa, or Gortat would though, but I don't think the spurs are taking that route.

Tully365
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Draftexpress lists Marcus Haislip as the #3 overseas free agent too:

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Overseas-Free-Agents/

Compare the stats of James Gist and Marcus Haislip:

Gist (Italian League)
12.5 ppg
6 rpg
0.8 bpg
49.4 3PT%

Haislip (ACB)
16.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
1.1 bpg
41.9 3PT%

Numbers are somewhat similar, but Haislip played in a much better league and on a much better team. It's funny how the possibility of Gist joining the Spurs has some people extremely excited, but the signing of Haislip hasn't been met with the same level of enthusiasm. At this point, Haislip would have to be considered the better player.

vander
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Gist (Italian League)
12.5 ppg
6 rpg
0.8 bpg
49.4 3PT%

Haislip (ACB)
16.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
1.1 bpg
41.9 3PT%

Numbers are somewhat similar, but Haislip played in a much better league and on a much better team. It's funny how the possibility of Gist joining the Spurs has some people extremely excited, but the signing of Haislip hasn't been met with the same level of enthusiasm. At this point, Haislip would have to be considered the better player.

age and upside?

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Gist obviously has the age and upside in his favor. But the Spurs must think Haislip has a better chance at helping right now.

GSH
07-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I really hope we actually see Splitter in a Spurs jersey. There are some decent bigs in the next few spots, but he's so much more NBA ready. I cringed a little to see Joel Freeland just 5 spots lower, but that's what lists are all about.

I wonder where they'll put Ricky Rubio on that list? And for how long?

Tully365
07-07-2009, 05:26 PM
age and upside?

That's very true. But Haislip is 28 now, which is generally considered the age when NBA players have their best years statistically... so I guess it's good thing that the Spurs have both of them.

Mr. Body
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Gist (Italian League)
12.5 ppg
6 rpg
0.8 bpg
49.4 3PT%

Haislip (ACB)
16.5 ppg
5.2 rpg
1.1 bpg
41.9 3PT%

Well I, for one, think signing Haislip and letting Gist germinate for a while is a great choice.

Gino2882
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Well I, for one, think signing Haislip and letting Gist germinate for a while is a great choice.

Gist appears set on playing in the NBA this year.

timvp
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Obviously Karaulov and Sanikidze have just been overlooked. They'd easily be number one and number two, respectively.

:smokin

Libri
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Obviously Karaulov and Sanikidze have just been overlooked. They'd easily be number one and number two, respectively.

:smokin

:lol

Karaulov must be one of the Spurs worst picks.

Russ
07-07-2009, 09:05 PM
:lol

Karaulov must be one of the Spurs worst picks.

I think you mean Carrawell. :hat