PDA

View Full Version : Oh well seasons over

IcemanCometh
04-05-2005, 01:08 AM
The Spurs have given up by signing a complete loser like "Big Dog". He does one thing and he doesn't even do it very well anymore. He can't and won't pass, he can't defend and he can't rebound. Which means if hes not hitting shots, hes only missing them and taking them away from someone who will. He's also a fucking cancer. We might as well have fucking signed Karl Malone. He has about as much heart as him.

Now as to the other thing, how this somehow impacts our franchise's beatified status by signing a person of such low moral fiber as our esteemed brothers tpark and whott would put it. You know get over yourselves once and for fucking all for the good of the world. You don't know these people, you know nothing of their situation, wearing their jersey doesn't make you their friend. The fact of the matter is in this country theres the philosophy that everyone deserves a 2nd chance, The Spurs epitomize that example. We take the rejects and the castoffs of the damn league and resurrect them. Someone gave you a 2nd chance once tpark maybe you should do likewise, thats what Jesus would do.

But not Glenn Robinson hes a fucking douchbag.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Crying over the 12th (or 13th or 14th) man is rather stupid.

Congratulations.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Someone gave you a 2nd chance once tpark

I have never done anything to where I NEEDED a second chance.

So your justifying a man that abuses women??

Not suprising coming from an Allen Iverson nutrider.

kskonn
04-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Crying over the 12th (or 13th or 14th) man is rather stupid.

Congratulations.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Now that barry is playing well people have to find something to complain about.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Once again...its not like we are signing this guy to score 20 or even 10 points

kskonn
04-05-2005, 01:30 AM
I thought it was pretty clear that we signed him to score 9 points? Just kidding with you gospusgojas, I agree we brought him in to be a threat when needed, nothing more.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 01:32 AM
exactly... hes been on teams with coaches that were too afraid to bench him. Hes going to pass and do everything pop tells him..or hes out, thats the way the player/ coach relationship should be. Another thing is that he has been somewhat of the 1st or 2nd option on his former teams, maybe being a role player is what he needs

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:32 AM
They brought him in to shoot well.

if he does that mission accomplished.

Hes pretty much brought in to do what they wanted Ron Mercer to do.

But I would hope hes a better guy than Ron freakin Mercer.

IcemanCometh
04-05-2005, 01:33 AM
this is a sign of desperation. the ship be sinking.

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Oh come on Ice, it aint THAT bad.

Honestly it doesn't show desperation, it just shows, uhhhhh

ok it shows your not confident in your shooting, but it also shows your not sure about Devin's health, and if hes not gonna be healthy, you HAVE to replace him somehow, you just cant replace him with a Dion Glover, what the hell, try a former all star.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah signing a 2 time all star is a real sign of desperation. I mean Im not saying this guy is great or will be great, but if it works out the spurs once again prove why the have the best front office in the league, if he bombs the spurs still have a great team

Duncanoypi
04-05-2005, 01:40 AM
This is like the 2000 (?)Lakers signing Glen Rice and win the championship against the Pacers(?)...

Nice pick-up...

Big dog is on the house...who let the dogs out?!...wooof...woof...woof...

T Park
04-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Glen Rice was with the Lakers in 99 I believe, I remember him I think bricking shots against the Spurs in the 2nd round.

kskonn
04-05-2005, 01:46 AM
yea I thought he got traded in 2000 and ended up not getting the ring. I remember feeling sorry for him, but not for long he always killed the spurs, except in the 99 playoff series.

howbouthemspurs
04-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Glen could be a great aquisition or a train wreck but it still wont kill the spurs chances to reach the finals. They are the best team either way. Coach Pop will know what to do and how to deal with him.

T Park
04-05-2005, 02:02 AM
Well I agree, I dont think a player like Robinson will derail the Spurs if Duncan is healthy, the Spurs are still the best team in the NBA bar none.

If Robinson plays as good as he did in Philly at least, then its a hell of a pick up.

kskonn
04-05-2005, 02:04 AM
This trade actually gets me excited about going to the game on Wed. Normally it is all down hill after hooters on clippers day.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:06 AM
hopfully he will play enough for us to get a good look at him, but pop said something about him being in mediocore shape

shyne
04-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Hes still someone that can hit an open shot, and hes never played with someone like Tim that will give him wide open looks, remember tim makes players better hes never had that before.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:33 AM
good point shyne, think of guys like Jarred Jackson... He could hit an open jumper, but without tim there would never be any for him to hit

baseline bum
04-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Rice was a colossal disappointment in LA. He was huge in the fourth quarter of game 7vs Portland, but other than that he didn't do a lot. Most Lakers fans didn't shed any tears when he was traded for Horace Grant.

I'll still never forget seeing I think Fred Roggin of KNBC4 interview Rice, kid on shoulder and ask the kid where he wants daddy to play next season... and the kid yells MIAMI! That's the second funniest moment in NBA history, with Terry Porter's pass to Pop at the Delta Center that same season being #1.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:39 AM
is that when pop got hit in the balls???

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Oh man, we signed Glen Robinson!? Shee-it!

I bet he's gone within a fortnight. The guy has nothing to offer but a jumpshot (and who knows whether he can still do that? He hasn't played this season), and there's no way Pop will put up with his matador defence and me-first attitude.

Strange times.

Tim's amkle really has derailed our season when we resort to this. Pity.

whottt
04-05-2005, 03:47 AM
If Robinson was white ice would be willing to give him a second chance...

First IcemanCometh plays like a good little American and makes (un)funny lil April Fools Jokes...now he's' denying balla's a second chance...

The shackles of the mind are the hardest to break...and the man definitely has icemancometh shackled.

whottt
04-05-2005, 03:48 AM
By the way...since some people need it spelled out for them...

Robinson > Mohammed/Marks

texbumTHElife
04-05-2005, 03:54 AM
Why am I the only one who sees the potential this brings? Glenn Robinson setting those high screens for Parker. Then Parker kicking it back for the wide open mid range J. If Glenn Robinson can get back 75% of the mid range jump shot he had in his prime he is going to destroy people on the pick and roll. He is going to open up the lane for Manu and Tony also.

This is all hinged on the fact he can get in shape and get his J back by the playoffs. Those are some big IF's knowing his character. However if he can do it he adds a huge dynamic to this team IMO.

slayermin
04-05-2005, 04:10 AM
I have nothing against Glenn. If he can come in and help the Spurs, I want him to shine.

I guess we will all see how this plays out.

whottt
04-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Rice was a colossal disappointment in LA. He was huge in the fourth quarter of game 7vs Portland, but other than that he didn't do a lot. Most Lakers fans didn't shed any tears when he was traded for Horace Grant.

If all Robinson does is have a huge game 7 against anyone in the playoffs...I will judge his signing a resounding success. Because we aren't going to get that from Nazr...or Marks...

Gummi
04-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Why not give him a chance? The Spurs front office wouldn't have signed a player that they knew was a bust. Don't forget his jumper, that's gold, or was gold. He's only 32, two years younger then Barry. I'm sure that Pop and R.C. told Glenn that he's not starting, he's not going to get his minutes, his not going to get his shots, and he needs to get back in shape for the playoffs. And Glenn must have agreed with that otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Pop and R.C. must like him over Dion and I do to. Even though Dion wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to do, Glenn is simply a better player.

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
This move does nothing to help or hinder the Spurs' chances for a title.

We had the team we needed 2 months ago, all these moves we have made have not helped the team at all. Pop and RC have become a smaller version of Trader Bob

boutons
04-05-2005, 08:56 AM
"Why not give him a chance?"

Exactly. In that Great American Tradition of "born again" and "I lost 100 pounds in 2 weeks", maybe Glen going from not playing for anybody at age 32 to playing for a title contender will transform him. :)

pigknuckles
04-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I'll reserve judgement until I see him play. I applaud Spurs front office for trying something to add scoring to our offense. These stretches where they don't score a bucket can be devastating in playoffs.

Extra Stout
04-05-2005, 09:35 AM
This is a move in the mold of buying $5 worth of lottery tickets. Low risk, low chance of reward. It's a very short term move. I guess the team is not confident in its perimeter shooting right now, which seems strange since Barry is playing as well as he has all season of late, and he's the designated "shot-hitter."

Or, maybe they're thinking they're going to have to rely more on perimeter offense at the expense of team defense since their anchor isn't going to return as anything more than a shell of himself for the playoffs?

pigknuckles
04-05-2005, 09:41 AM
I myself would have preferred Kerr coming out of retirement. haha

ChumpDumper
04-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Pop and RC have become a smaller version of Trader BobBad analogy. Bob would've given Malik a max extension.

Medvedenko
04-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Actually Rice was our starting SF in the playoffs that he played for us...and he dropped like 40 on Houston in the first round for one game, along with providing some post up points when Shaq was sitting. Now the Big Dog in San An....first Nazr and now Big Dog, why all of these new players....won't this disrupt any chemistry they had going....is Tim's injury far more serious than expected....or is this for depth at the SF....time will tell.

pigknuckles
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Spurs goe thru some stretches where they can't throw in the ocean - this move is aimed at addrssng that.

Nazr trade was a financial move to get out of bad contract with Malik and free up money for future signings.

Useruser666
04-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Actually Rice was our starting SF in the playoffs that he played for us...and he dropped like 40 on Houston in the first round for one game, along with providing some post up points when Shaq was sitting. Now the Big Dog in San An....first Nazr and now Big Dog, why all of these new players....won't this disrupt any chemistry they had going....is Tim's injury far more serious than expected....or is this for depth at the SF....time will tell.

Yes, I'm sure this will effect the chemistry of the guys who get to play in every 5th or 6th game. I don't know how the locker room will be effected from all the changes to our 11th and 12th spots on the team. Pop will have to get a handle on this right away!

Medvedenko
04-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I usually appreciate sarcasm...however chemistry will be affected and the dynamic will shift when new employees are added or released. This happens in any business/team, whereas a move for depth could acutually hinder the complexity of the current regime. Now, maybe I'm just talking shit, but adding a known malcontent could disrupt or ehance the current situation. The bottom line will determine if this will result in a championship this year.

boutons
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
"Spurs goe thru some stretches where they can't throw in the ocean - this move is aimed at addrssng that."

It won't work. The Spurs are truly a team. In nearly all cases, when the team sucks, the individuals suck, group suck on both ends of the court. Kind of a group hysteria.

The idea that a single Spur alone hitting his jumpers (like a Vince Carter in Spurs@Nets) is going to help anything, or even happen, "instant offense", when the entire Spurs game FG% is low 20's to mid-30's (like vs LAL last May or vs @Nuggets) isn't going to happen. If it ever happens, will be the exception to "Spurs all suck together" rule.

And if Glen does get a hot hand (will he get enough touches after Tim, Tony, and Manu?), what's the point if he's sucking on the defensive end and offsetting his scoring?

The only way to the Spurs win, or lose, is as a team. Super-stars or shooters, starring or shooting alone, just isn't the The Spurs Way.

Hook Dem
04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
http://img12.exs.cx/img12/6663/mentallydeficient9oj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us).....Whats all the fuss about? Nothing ventured=nothing gained!

Jimcs50
04-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Well Hookdem, Glen will have to shed his rep as a malingerer, or he can affect the team chemistry. Everyone on the team is a hard worker and there is no tolerance for malingering on this team, so he better play hard.

dcole50
04-05-2005, 01:15 PM
ice, wait until he plays a game first. it's not like we're giving up talent to get the guy. and it's not even like we're eating into other great player's playing time.

but, yeah, this is a sign that's we've thrown in the towel. season is over, blah blah blah..