07-08-2009, 07:50 AM
THIS NEWS JUST KICKS ASS!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO...IF TRUE. :downspin::toast

Shastafarian
07-08-2009, 07:52 AM
THIS NEWS JUST KICKS ASS!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO...IF TRUE. :downspin::toast

HoopsWorld isn't a legit source.

timvp
HoopsWorld is horrible. Steve Kyler is the worst of their writers and the one with the least amount of integrity.

completely deck
Such a cock tease.

ginobme
07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Its gonna be along day of these kinda threads huh?

urunobili
07-08-2009, 07:55 AM
timvp going anti jinx full fledged! :lol

timvp
07-08-2009, 07:56 AM
timvp going anti jinx full fledged! :lol

Have you not heard of HoopsWorld? They take rumors and turn them into facts. Or they just straight up make things up. Like the time they reported that Karl Malone signed with the Spurs.

polandprzem
07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
umm I accually clicked on a link

;0

scottspurs
and keep on bashing me.

Kori Ellis
Hoopsworld has gotten about 9,999,525 scoops wrong in a row.

So, I think it's time for them to be right about something. :)

The most classic of all time was when they reported Karl Malone had signed with the Spurs. (then of course, pulled down the article with no explanation later)

scottspurs
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
I have never been to Hoopsworld. Just recieved a email and I went with it. I have been a Spurs my entire life though so keep on making fun of me. I'm just excited thats all.

oligarchy
07-08-2009, 08:00 AM

The most classic of all time was when they reported Karl Malone had signed with the Spurs. (then of course, pulled down the article with no explanation later)

well, that's because he reneged on the deal and asked for it to pulled down. So, therefore, Boozer wasn't the first. :smokin

Shastafarian

My favorite was when one of their writers joined a certain other Spurs forum, clearly looking for scoops to steal. The guy knew nothing about the Spurs and we all laughed at him. And this was at the OTHER spurs forum. So you can imagine how little he actually knew.

ginobme
CNNSI has it up in the "truth & rumors' section as well.

oligarchy
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I have never been to Hoopsworld. Just recieved a email and I went with it. I have been a Spurs my entire life though so keep on making fun of me. I'm just excited thats all.

I don't think people are bashing you, but rather informing the unaware.

timvp
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM

Who is making fun of you?

scottspurs
07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Who is making fun of you?

Changing the name of the thread and so on.

I guess your really making fun of HOOPSWORLD, Sorry.

I never knew they where the National Enquirer of NBA news. I had never been to the site ever before. Thanks for clearing things up though.

anakha
07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Ignorance is curable. Don't let it become terminal stupidity.

Just accept the information regarding Hoopsworld's credibility and move on.

timvp
07-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Changing the name of the thread and so on.

I guess your really making fun of HOOPSWORLD, Sorry.

I never knew they where the National Enquirer of NBA news. I had never been to the site ever before. Thanks for clearing things up though.

If you've never experience HoopsWorld, you couldn't have known any better. No harm, no foul :toast

Kori Ellis
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
They actually said he had signed with us? Thats just stupid.

I hope it doesn't happen here.

What happened was the Spurs announced there was going to be a press conference. HoopsWorld assumed the press conference was about signing Malone .... Not even close, it was about Sean's jersey going to be retired that next season.

So Hoopsworld actually published an article saying -- we have inside info that the Spurs press conference is announcing Malone is signing this afternoon, terms are blahblahblah, etc. They just made it up.. on the assumption because of the press conference.

I hope they are right about McDyess... after all these years, they will eventually get one of their guesses right. So hopefully it's today.

celldweller
07-08-2009, 08:14 AM
HoopsWorld = National Enquirer
Bruno = Christiane Amanpour

timvp
07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
HoopsWorld M.O. is to find rumors that make sense and then say those rumors are facts. Some forums don't even allow HoopsWorld articles to be posted due to their stuff being BS almost all the time :lol

K-State Spur
07-08-2009, 08:24 AM
how can you not have faith in that site with brilliant writing like this:

with an informed sources saying Otis intend to play Gortat against Bass...

Kyler = Kill Bill Pana???

mountainballer
07-08-2009, 08:32 AM
I hope they are right about McDyess... after all these years, they will eventually get one of their guesses right. So hopefully it's today.

yeah. but we need to face the fact, that the Hoopsworld article has significantly reduced the chance that the Spurs will land Dice.

SenorSpur
07-08-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah. but we need to face the fact, that the Hoopsworld article has significantly reduced the chance that the Spurs will land Dice.

Yeah, I hope the Hoopsworld article doesn't turn out to be the "kiss of death" on this potential FA acqusition.