PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Bruce and Fab!

lotr1trekkie
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Haipslip, McDycess, Blair, McClinton, & Mahimni. Five news. Great! But I'd rather have Bruce teaching Jefferson and Gist and Fab tutoring Blair and Haipslip than Finley and Bonner. Bruce especially deserves to finish his career here andFab is always good for 10 minutes of hustle and smarts.

coyotes_geek
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Pretty sure the Haislip signing means we've seen the last of Fab. Bruce, I hope so, but who knows.

celldweller
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Bring back Bruce and Fab!

Let it Go Friend, Let it go. Time to move on. :flag:

loveforthegame
07-08-2009, 12:12 PM
We can't have it both ways. We're either moving forward or not.

cheguevara
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm ok with leting the young guns free to prove themselves.

in any case, in midseason we can always sign Fab or Bowen right?

dmac
07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Bruce as a coach? yes, that would work.

Spursmania
07-08-2009, 12:20 PM
We have to let it go...:depressed

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Bruce teaching Jefferson and Gist and Fab tutoring Blair and Haipslip than Finley and Bonner. Bruce especially deserves to finish his career here andFab is always good for 10 minutes of hustle and smarts.
Bruce teaching Jefferson? R.J.'s a grown ass man, he's no rook. What the hell could Gist offer in way of tutoring (he's not even guaranteed a spot on our roster, right)? He might as well be considered a freshman as well. No, my friend, we asked the FO to deliver some youth. They delivered (thankfully), let's not second guess the blessing. If we don't land any FA then, I s'pose we can revert. I agree that it's best, as a fan with emotional connection to their team, to just move on.

tp2021
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Is there a better defensive closer in the league than Bowen? I don't think so. The Spurs win with defense. Bruce still has plenty left in the tank. He exemplifies what it means to be a Spur, and can still play. We need him AFAIC.

DBMethos
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
We should see how Jefferson does before clamoring for Bruce's return. If he gets back to playing defense the way he used to in his early days with the Nets, along with the inevitable improvement of George Hill, we will be fine.

celldweller
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
http://www.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5631/Retirement.jpg

angelbelow
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
i love oberto, he plays with toughness even though hes often the least talented on the court. but i dont want him back... we need to get younger... his offensive deficiencies are too great at this point.

mudyez
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
hell I want Bruce and KURT back!!!

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
We should see how Jefferson does before clamoring for Bruce's return. If he gets back to playing defense the way he used to in his early days with the Nets, along with the inevitable improvement of George Hill, we will be fine.

R.J.'s gonna have to play D, or fear the wrath of :pop:. Of course I'd like to see Bruce back, if nothing else for that desperation time hard cover, I just don't know how reasonable it would be at this point. Goddamn Finley, if it weren't for him deciding to play through this year then perhaps...

will_spurs
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't really mind seeing Oberto go, wouldn't mind seeing Bonner go either. Bowen is another story but I guess the Spurs FO is trying to find the new Bowen rather than trying to go for something that's not there any more... But Bowen is not really gone yet, let's see what happens on July 31.

will_spurs
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Goddamn Finley, if it weren't for him deciding to play through this year then perhaps...

If and when it turns into a nice trade you might change your tune. Or when he nails a 3-pointer yet again to bail the Spurs out in a tough playoffs game :D

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 12:33 PM
If and when it turns into a nice trade you might change your tune. Or when he nails a 3-pointer yet again to bail the Spurs out in a tough playoffs game :D

I'm not totally hating on him (and I don't discount how much he's meant to winning in the play-offs, albeit quietly), I'd just rather have his salary to play with rather than Old Dog Fin himself.

urunobili
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Get over it... both played their last days as Spurs... :depressed

vander
07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
:shootme

the end of the bench isn't for old washed up guys, what good does that do you? spots 11-15 or even 10-15 should be used to find out what you have in your young prospects.

koriwhat
07-08-2009, 01:07 PM
i like fab but i say the only one who should be looked at to re-sign should be bowen!

byrdman31
07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
i just want bruce back. I think everyone will agree, i rather have him ride the bench all season than have Vaugh do it..

Strike
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd be ok with Bruce coming back and playing off the bench. But Jerky? Nah.

spurspokesman
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Is there a better defensive closer in the league than Bowen? I don't think so. The Spurs win with defense. Bruce still has plenty left in the tank. He exemplifies what it means to be a Spur, and can still play. We need him AFAIC.

When the game is on the line and the ball is in the other teams possesion I want bruce in the game. He will be much fresher now in a spot role. Specific defensive assignments. And he can still hit the three

The_Game
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
time for spurs to move on....

DMX7
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM

hell, I want Dennis Rodman and Avery Johnson back. :rolleyes

Spursfan092120
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
McDyess is going to decide not to come here because the San Antonio fans can't spell his freaking name..lol

BlackBellamy
07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
McDyess is going to decide not to come here because the San Antonio fans can't spell his freaking name..lol
Indeed. McDycess is one of the more bizarre attempts (kinda sounds like they're trying to pluralize McDyess, like we could get two of 'em). Maybe just sticking to the nickname "Dice", would be the best way to avoid these situations.

Danny.Zhu
07-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I only want Bruce back.

hater
07-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I want to see Bruce in Silver and Black. My heart speaks louder than my mind.

Spurs Brazil
07-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't see any chance for Oberto.

If we can trade Finley I think Bruce has a chance

exstatic
07-09-2009, 12:09 AM
It's a numbers thing. Spurs have like 16 players signed already. They're not bringing back Fab and Bruce. Really.

BillMc
07-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Bruce as a coach? yes, that would work.

+1

Let him retire, return as a coach to teach Bowen-esque defense, and hang his jersey in the rafters!

SA210
07-09-2009, 12:19 AM

tomtom
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
No fabbs maybe bruce..

slick'81
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
oberto with his heart condition and playing time last year should not come back i dont believe the spurs can rely on him nemore

as for bruce with all the wings where does he fit in?!?!he doesnt want to coach he wants to ball

montgod
07-09-2009, 02:51 AM

I actually have heard that the Spurs will try to get Kurt back if he is released. So both could definitely be a possibility.

poeticism707
07-09-2009, 03:08 AM
:lol

He does have a strangely spelled last name!

Spurtacus
07-09-2009, 03:10 AM
I want Bruce back. Oberto we can let go. Time to move on.

poeticism707
07-09-2009, 03:17 AM
We can't have it both ways. We're either moving forward or not.

+1000

Unless it works out that Pop just has an empty spot, it's time to move on.

And even if it did work out that way, he'll get no playing time with all the wings on this team, especially RJ and Manu.

Should the Spurs put Bowen on the roster for the next decade?!?

I know it's hard, with Bowen's class, but it won't get any easier to make the break from the old to the new.

I think this is as good a time as any to do so.

Again, if the Spurs shop around and can't find good two way SF, ie Raja Bell, then perhaps Pop brings him back.

But bringing him back just to do so is crazy.

Spurs da champs
07-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Bruce's old ass should just retire and work as d coach here.

SA210
07-09-2009, 04:21 AM
Bruce is only old because people heard someone say that, so they just repeat it.

There is nothing wrong with Bruce. He is still the best perimiter defender in the league, period, regardless of his age! Even if we didn't start him, even if he got 5 minutes a game, at least we could go to him when someone is torching us, a life saver.

If they don't bring him back, we are screwed. And people will only realize that when we get torched by Kobe and Artest and whatever other dude that we have no defender for. People wanna get smart and say "we can't have Bruce till he's 45" What crap.

We can still use his services for the time that Tim is still here.

:pop::pctoss

Tully365
07-09-2009, 04:40 AM
It's a numbers thing. Spurs have like 16 players signed already. They're not bringing back Fab and Bruce. Really.

:lol It can't be stated any simpler... This post should have ended the thread.

Doctor J
07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Bruce is only old because people heard someone say that, so they just repeat it.

There is nothing wrong with Bruce. He is still the best perimiter defender in the league, period, regardless of his age! Even if we didn't start him, even if he got 5 minutes a game, at least we could go to him when someone is torching us, a life saver.

If they don't bring him back, we are screwed. And people will only realize that when we get torched by Kobe and Artest and whatever other dude that we have no defender for. People wanna get smart and say "we can't have Bruce till he's 45" What crap.

We can still use his services for the time that Tim is still here.

:pop::pctoss

Ditto.:toast

InK
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Fab was gone with Haislip signing, Bruce is coming back probably.

Extra Stout
07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I can't see any way Oberto makes it back into the lineup. If Bowen got back on, assuming there is even any mutual desire for that, it would mean none of the young guys panned out, and he still would be the last wing off the bench. He got few minutes as it was last year. With Jefferson on the team, most nights Bowen would be a DNP-CD. Is that even worth it?

Now if Bonner and Finley get dealt for a better fourth big man, then the tiny bit the door is cracked open maybe becomes a bit wider for Bowen, assuming he even wants to come back. If they're dealt for another wing like Raja Bell, then the door shuts for good.