PDA

View Full Version : One awesome thing about Glenn Robinson

Kori Ellis
04-05-2005, 02:11 AM
He hates Ray Allen ...

"I have no respect for him. If this was a street game, I'd be going up side his head when I see him. But this is the NBA."

Robinson then fired a few more shots at Allen, alleging that the shooting guard is a soft player and that he had to literally come to his defense on several occasions.

The Bucks' second all-time leading scorer contends that Allen did not start to flourish in the league until hand-checking was eliminated and there was a crackdown on physical play.

"It's no secret in the league that he's soft," Robinson said. "He needs to let me live my life and finish my career instead of talking about him being glad that I'm gone.

"I can remember when . . . what's Dennis Rodman's boy name? His right hand man? He was with him at San Antonio? . . . (Jack Haley) Yeah. Haley knocked the (expletive) out of him.

"Who was the first one there to take up for him? Big Dog was. He needs to work on not being so soft and quit being a little punk on the court. Just play ball and keep his mouth closed.

"You can quote every word I said," said Robinson. "I'll tell him that to his face."

There's a lot more ... (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oct02/86773.asp)

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:12 AM
GREAT FIND, Kori... Ray will be shaking next time he sees the Spurs coming up on his schedule. Bruce and Glenn....

T Park
04-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Wow. Now thats hate......

Still, that doesn't equal out beating his GF.

Now if he busts out a headband.......

Damn where is GW???

I know this is a move hed LOVE.

He wore a headband day and night in Philly.

T Park
04-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Bring it straight to the Dog."

Oh for christ sake, third person is one thing,

nickname in the third person!?!??!!?

What a stooge.

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:18 AM
gospursgojas agrees

MannyIsGod
04-05-2005, 02:22 AM
gospursgojas agrees

:lmao

gospursgojas
04-05-2005, 02:22 AM
speaking of headbands did you see Drew Gooden get ejected for tossing his into the crowd

boutons
04-05-2005, 07:36 AM
"speaking of headbands did you see Drew Gooden get ejected for tossing his into the crowd"

The NBA refs have found shrub's Weapon of Mass Destruction. :)

tekdragon
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah. Good stuff. How's a playoff matchup with the Sonics looking now?

Bring it on.

Extra Stout
04-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Wow, if Bowen and Robinson are on the floor together, Allen will have to ask for the Sonics to wear their yellow uniforms.

That way, he can claim the wet spot is just sweat.

Rummpd
04-05-2005, 11:11 AM
He also despises George Karl from his days in Milwaukee and as I have mentioned before surely knows firsthand some of his offensive and defensive sets. Robinson was also the primary "Spur killer" in games I watched there and I am glad he is shooting for Spurs for awhile rather than against.

No secret here in Philly that he was run out of town by O'Brien who went on a youth movement and then suffered some injuries. However, if motivated this guy can play and play well.

Plus as I mentioned before talent is talent - when is the last time Spurs could put 3 current or former all -stars on floor = 99 (Elliott, DR, and Duncan)?

Think about it Spurs need offense and put out this line-up for a stretch:

Duncan, Robinson, pick any two of three: (Brown, Barry, Manu) and Parker or at times, Beno.

Few teams in league can match that potential potency - when is the last time we could say that?

ducks
04-05-2005, 11:13 AM
did larry brown coach big dog?

desflood
04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Wow, if Bowen and Robinson are on the floor together, Allen will have to ask for the Sonics to wear their yellow uniforms.

That way, he can claim the wet spot is just sweat.
:lol

Das Texan
04-05-2005, 11:33 AM
what a shocker.

tpark doesnt like big dog.

grjr
04-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Plus as I mentioned before talent is talent - when is the last time Spurs could put 3 current or former all -stars on floor = 99 (Elliott, DR, and Duncan)?

What about Duncan, Robinson, and HITA?

alamo50
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
and he can shoot ft's!

:tu

Rummpd
04-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I moved to Philly s/p the Brown years, I believe they just missed each other but may be wrong. He had two coaches last year, neither worth a *&$%

samikeyp
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
did larry brown coach big dog?

yes, briefly.

From Spurs.com:

San Antonio made one significant trade during the offseason, picking up 6-foot-9 muscleman Antoine Carr from Sacramento for Dwayne Schintzius. Strickland, the team's starting point guard, began the season on the sidelines because of a contract dispute and didn't suit up until late December. Despite the absence of their point guard, the Spurs opened the 1991-92 campaign by going 10-3 in November. The club struggled through the next two months, and Head Coach Larry Brown stepped down on January 21. Bob Bass, who was serving as vice president of basketball operations, took over the reins for the fourth time in 17 years.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I wish AC, the REAL Big Dog was still around. 6'9", could hit the jumper, and could muscle up enough to play the 5 spot pretty successfully.

tekdragon
04-05-2005, 12:45 PM
The Original Big Dawg. I still can't call Robinson that.

Ginofan
04-05-2005, 02:03 PM
So will he get PT on Wednesday?

ducks
04-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I guess I just asked about him playing for brown because he and pop are friends
not sure if pop would have asked brown about big dog though

td4mvp21
04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I thought he was injured. Does anyone know if he is gonna play tomorrow?

Kori Ellis
04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I think that they said on The Pop Show today that he might see three minutes or so tomorrow. I'll try to get the audio for the show and post it, because I missed it myself.

milkyway21
04-05-2005, 09:26 PM
He hates Ray Allen ...

There's a lot more ... (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oct02/86773.asp) :rolleyes

ii don't understand why this Allen acting like :pussy had some bad vibes against some players like Bowen & Big Dog, he but still won that "Joe Dumars Sportsmanship Award in 2003" :wtf ;

& Tim Duncan, the Mr.Nice Guy has NONE? :eyebrows.

:vomit :vomit

ShoogarBear
04-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Trivia question: how many overall #1 picks have been on the Spurs roster?

milkyway21
04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Trivia question: how many overall #1 picks have been on the Spurs roster?...isn't it obvious? = 3, as in THREE!!!

kskonn
04-05-2005, 10:19 PM
actually wasn't it 4. I believe ferry was a number one in front of elliot. anyone know for sure?

Manu20
04-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers in the first round (second pick overall) of the 1989 NBA Draft.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I remember going to the Spurs' draft party at Hemisfair Arena the year of the Elliott, Ferry draft.

1. Pervis Ellison
2. Danny Ferry
3. Sean Elliott
4. Glen Rice
I think J.R. Reed was 5th or 6th

I guess I should google and post but that's what I remember.

kskonn
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
ahh so Elliot was 3rd. who was first?

kskonn
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Pervis ellison and Danny ferry before sean. Talk about a steal in the draft for the spurs.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Coach Larry Brown was in love with "bigs" and he had made it known the Spurs wanted a 6'10" Danny Ferry to add to the Terry Cummings, David Robinson front line.

Therefore, when the Clippers drafted Danny Ferry a lot of the Spurs fans booed the announcement and booed Sean Elliott's selection. I remember being elated because Sean was the National Player of the Year (Wooden Award Winner) that year.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Trivia question: how many overall #1 picks have been on the Spurs roster?

6?

Mychal Thompson
John Lucas
Artis Gilmore
David
Tim
Glenn Robinson

Solid D
04-05-2005, 10:48 PM
BTW, Artis was selected #1 in the ABA to NBA dispersal draft by the Bulls.

theballaplaya
04-05-2005, 11:04 PM
oh hell no, we got the big daug? sheyitt, it be over like a mofo.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Nice work Solid. I had forgotten about Thompson's stint on the roster.

Remember when the Spurs got Artis? I was pretty stoked. I considered that quite a coup. . .Artis for Dave Corzine and Gene Banks if I'm not mistaken.

I still have Artis' basketball card while on the Kentucky Colonels. I think they said his playing weight was something like 260 at that time! He seemed like such a hoss out there, but Shaq would have dwarfed him. My guess is that he finished his career a little closer to 280lbs though.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I remember. The only bad part of the trade was it broke up the original "Bruise Brothers".

Solid D
04-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Actually, the Bruise Brothers were:
George Johnson, Dave Corzine, Mark Olberding, Kevin Restani, Paul Griffin, and Reggie Johnson. The led the NBA in rebounds, blocks and were pretty high up there in fouls.

The trade was for Corzine and Olberding (I looked it up).

milkyway21
04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Coach Larry Brown was in love with "bigs" and he had made it known the Spurs wanted a 6'10" Danny Ferry to add to the Terry Cummings, David Robinson front line.

Therefore, when the Clippers drafted Danny Ferry a lot of the Spurs fans booed the announcement and booed Sean Elliott's selection. I remember being elated because Sean was the National Player of the Year (Wooden Award Winner) that year.so, how did it happen Ferry & Elliot played together as Spurs?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually, the Bruise Brothers were:
George Johnson, Dave Corzine, Mark Olberding, Kevin Restani, Paul Griffin, and Reggie Johnson. The led the NBA in rebounds, blocks and were pretty high up there in fouls.

The trade was for Corzine and Olberding (I looked it up).

Really??? Where did Banks go then? I could have sworn he ended up on the Bulls in that trade.

First signs of dimensia are setting in I guess. Iceman? Iceman who? :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
so, how did it happen Ferry & Elliot played together as Spurs?

We picked up the older, wiser, and much cheaper Danny Ferry several years later.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Ferry held out (didn't want to go to the Clippers) and was traded to Cleveland for Ron Harper, as I remember. Ferry played in Cleveland for years. Ferry didn't join the Spurs until late in his career when he signed as a FA. He signed the year after the first championship.

Solid D
04-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I stand corrected, I went back and checked and Ferry joined the Spurs in 2000-01 season.

ducks
04-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Ferry held out (didn't want to go to the Clippers) and was traded to Cleveland for Ron Harper, as I remember. Ferry played in Cleveland for years. Ferry didn't join the Spurs until late in his career when he signed as a FA. He signed the year after the first championship.

FERRY WAS A FOOL FOR DOING THAT
FERRY WAS BEING A BIG SISSY!

Solid D
04-05-2005, 11:33 PM
How come they didn't have a retirement ceremony for Danny Ferry in Indianapolis? :hat

duncan2k5
04-06-2005, 12:32 AM
oh hell no, we got the big daug? sheyitt, it be over like a mofo.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lol :lol im sorry but the way you talk is funny. i can actually hear you saying it

alamo50
04-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I realy enjoyed reading that conversation bewteen Solid D en Ed.
Awesome to read about the old-school days!

:fro